Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 557 Likes on 447 Posts
This is pretty silly lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
We got in a number of mounts late last week that were labeled 62A; this was the promised 75A shipment. We were pretty frustrated as most of our back orders were 75A setups. I spoke to the fabricator and he had said that the mounts sent were definitely 75A. It turns out someone just put the wrong label on the box. So, everything that was shipped was actually 75A bushings, including some previous shipments. Most of you should have gotten a tracking #; we have just a handful of back orders left.

Also 2003TL-S, I'd like to apologize to you because that means that the set you received was actually a 75A set. I'd be happy to send you 62A bushings if you want them. PM or email me for further discussion.
I also need some sort of conformation about what kind of mounts I was shipped. I sent a PM as well.

Originally Posted by Miss Phee
so.... got my mounts....

i got two fronts and a side.....

-phee

maybe this is why your mounts dont fit correctly nejay? the front and rear probably look the same but im sure the dimensions are a bit different.
Nah, I haven't even attempted to install the Front/Rear yet. At the time, I only attempted the side. And now at this point, I'm not gonna bother until hearing back from XLR8 about the urethane 62a/75a confusion.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
If you scroll down to the bottom of page 7 you will see the mounts that were originally installed on my car. The pictures foxbody put up are obviously the wrong parts. You guys got 2 fronts and no side mount clear as day.

When I went in for the install the mounts were already made just needing a tester. I gave him all 3 of my oem mounts that he sent to the fabricator to help with the whole process. I don't know the original car the mounts were based on, but they fit my car no problem. Hopefully everything gets sorted out with shipping quickly so we can figure out this side mount fitment problem.

Edit: now that I looked at the last few pages again you can see that Neejay got 2 fronts and a side... Another guy complained that he didn't get the side mount he saw in Neejay's picture about the fitment problem. That was like 3 weeks ago and nobody noticed Neejay's pic of his shipment was different from the original installed mounts. Damn!

Last edited by SlickShiftNall6; 06-16-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=278

people are getting 2 fronts, 1 rear and 0 side mounts it appears

looks like i'm refusing delivery till it's all sorted out
Old 06-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
If you scroll down to the bottom of page 7 you will see the mounts that were originally installed on my car. The pictures foxbody put up are obviously the wrong parts. You guys got 2 fronts and no side mount clear as day.

When I went in for the install the mounts were already made just needing a tester. I gave him all 3 of my oem mounts that he sent to the fabricator to help with the whole process. I don't know the original car the mounts were based on, but they fit my car no problem. Hopefully everything gets sorted out with shipping quickly so we can figure out this side mount fitment problem.

Edit: now that I looked at the last few pages again you can see that Neejay got 2 fronts and a side... Another guy complained that he didn't get the side mount he saw in Neejay's picture about the fitment problem. That was like 3 weeks ago and nobody noticed Neejay's pic of his shipment was different from the original installed mounts. Damn!
Damn, I didn't even realize this. I guess I figured since I posted pics, XLR8 would have noticed if anything was wrong. So I definitely got 2 Fronts and a Side.
Originally Posted by rp_guy

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=278

people are getting 2 fronts, 1 rear and 0 side mounts it appears

looks like i'm refusing delivery till it's all sorted out
good idea to help XLR8. I'm sure we won't be charged any shipping for the replacement mount(s). All he'd have to do is send the new one with a return label in the box.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Originally Posted by Neejay

good idea to help XLR8. I'm sure we won't be charged any shipping for the replacement mount(s). All he'd have to do is send the new one with a return label in the box.
unfortunately i live in canada and will have to pay brokerage fees twice if i accept the package. i paid an extra $50 to receive the innovative side mount the last time around. not interested in doing that again
Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Pro

unfortunately i live in canada and will have to pay brokerage fees twice if i accept the package. i paid an extra $50 to receive the innovative side mount the last time around. not interested in doing that again
Ouch...understood.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
unless xlr8 puts down as a gift on the value of goods
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
but if it gets lost then there goes your insurance.

looking at the pics... it looks like i got two fronts and a rear
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I got the Shifts

if i was excelerate id be pissseedddd. but he seemed pretty nice on the phone
Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Looks like i was one of the few to get a correct shipment.. for refernce maybe these will help u guys out..

front stamp

rear stamp

Correct Side mount

Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,499 Posts
The construction craftmanship looks pretty shit hot!

Looking forward to all of the reviews (in regards to durometer) when this gets all sorted out.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
Looks like i was one of the few to get a correct shipment.. for refernce maybe these will help u guys out..
So, visually, does the top of the front and rear mounts look the same?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
yes, for the most part... you can tell in the pic some on the curves of the mount bases are different though..

Front mount is on the right.... Rear is on the Left

Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Originally Posted by Neejay
So, visually, does the top of the front and rear mounts look the same?
IIRC from innovative the auto front and rear are very similar while the 6mt front and rear are different

seems the auto shipments are coming through okay
Old 06-17-2011, 11:14 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by kdawg8526
unless xlr8 puts down as a gift on the value of goods
Using gift to send without being really a gift can lead to you pp account getting suspended.
Not to mention it's a gift.
Any problem and the reciever could shit you.And you would have to take it on the chin or possibly get your account suspended for telling the truth.
Not really worth the chance if you buy or sell frequently.

If money is sent (Personal)
Using (payment owed)
and directly from your (bank account)
neither buyer or seller will have a fee to send or recieve.
when using cc's somebody will have to pay a fee.

But I think the brokerage fee is a totally diffent thing.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Well, it is obvious that a number of these packages went out with no side mount. It goes without saying that I'm extremely frustrated with this process but we have committed to this part and we're going to make it right.

All the boxes were labeled 62A. However, all the shipments that have been sent out recently have been 75A bushings. I've confirmed that.

The 3rd gen TL, Auto or Manual, uses the same front and rear mount. The side mount is different.

The 2nd gen CL/TL, Auto or Manual, uses the same front mount and same side mount. The rear mount is different for the Manual. The rear mount for the Auto is the same as the front mount.

It appears that at least half of the people who received Manual sets have received two front mounts and one rear mount. So for now you can install the front and rear mount. Anyone who has received a set of mounts in the past week or is due to receive a set of mounts please feel free to email me concerning any questions.

The mount on the top of the picture is the rear Manual transmission mount.

The mount on the bottom right is the front mount. The front mount is the same for the Auto and Manual. Now the rear mount for the Auto is the same as the front mount.

The mount on the bottom left is the side mount. It is the mount only has 3 holes. The side mount is the same for the Auto and Manual.

If you did not receive a side mount please email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com with a picture of your mounts and your name and Order #. We will correct the issue. You will be able to still install the front and rear mounts. The additional mount will be picked up from you and we will send out a new side mount once our shipment arrives. I apologize for the inconvenience; we will work to make it right.
The following 2 users liked this post by Excelerate:
1foxbody (06-18-2011), clpassenubye (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
after following this for a while i'll say i feel bad for everyone involved including excelerate. I also have to mention that excelerate seems to have some great customer service which seems rare these days. I'm sure the problems will be resolved and everyone will be happy in the end.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
^ x2

Josh couldve easily thrown his hands up and said f#ck it, but he's determined to make it right. That shows something, especially when hes dealing with us
Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
thought id throw this out there ... any reason a 6mt couldnt put in an auto rear mount making room for cheaper headers?
Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by typeR
thought id throw this out there ... any reason a 6mt couldnt put in an auto rear mount making room for cheaper headers?
I believe it's more of a question of interference from (#13) the rear engine mounting bracket then the (#9) actual engine mount itself. , I could be wrong though,

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Last edited by zeta; 06-17-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM
I got the Shifts

I had an auto mount on my car and it wasn't strong enough to handle te added tq load. I broke the bracket and cracked my trans case.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So, as promised here is an update of my findings on the mounts after two full weeks and about 500 miles......

I had purchased 62a mounts and as found out by Josh, I ended up getting 75's instead. This most likely is part of the reason for the vibrations I have at idle. I do feel as though the mounts have gone through a slight break in period, VERY, VERY minimal though. I have checked the bolts that go horizontally through the front/rear and they are torqued to no more than 35-40 ft/lbs. I have not taken off the side mount though to bore out the one hole and then reinstall.

Vibrations while driving are very close to the OEM mounts. At idle vibrations are still definitely there. Didn't have a chance to do a vid but I will soon. Josh and I have been talking about options I have regarding this, he is in this with the best intentions to make everything that has happened to everyone right...I have no doubts there.

The one thing I will say is that the mounts have definitely made a dent in my gas mileage.......it is just a lot of fun hammering down and going, without a doubt you feel it pull stronger and more consistently along with crisper shifting.

Conditions while driving, I give these an A+.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
Same here. I have put on these about 250-300miles already the only thing i was concerned about was vibrations at idle especialy with AC on. They holding up very well shifting is much more fun and feels quicker. I do not have side mount so i cant tell if that the cause of vibrations. It feels like they start to smooth out a bit but like i said my side mount is broken. Car feels much more responsive.

I had issues with front mount fitment but i guess this is first batch and it will be fixed rear mount went nice though.
I hope thay Josh will figure something out for us to get those side mounts asap.

I give em 8/10 only because of fitment issues and vibrations that i have its kinda anoying but im getting used to it. I will post the video today with glass of water on my dash at idle with ac on and off.

Last edited by StreetKA; 06-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AARONSredTYPE-S (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
oh damn, you're back....lol
Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

ok here is short video but i'll try to make some more tomorrow

as u can see vibrations raise alot with ac on but i think it looks worse than it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSvQeXvdss

and thats an email i got from Excelerate

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be issuing a call tag to correct this situation. You received an extra front mount and did not receive the side mount. When you get the call tag, please package and ship out, to the best of your ability, one of the two duplicate mounts, it's bracket, bolt, nut and 2 washers. We should be getting more side mounts within one to two weeks. Once we do, we will ship out the mount right away. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, you can reply to this email.

Thanks.

Last edited by StreetKA; 06-20-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn man looks like you got some serious vibration how annoying does it get when sitting at a light? How do they feel compared to stock ones?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

without ac its ok when you're stuck in traffic in NYC for 2hours it gets on your nerves...
62A is better option for DD... but i belive that it will get better after i get side mount installed and also its only 300 miles on them

also Engine Torque Damper makes car vibrate a bit more

Last edited by StreetKA; 06-20-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered Member

Has anyone installed a set of actual 62A with no issues? How's the vibration? So far, I think everyone got 75A with vibration.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by StreetKA
without ac its ok when you're stuck in traffic in NYC for 2hours it gets on your nerves...
62A is better option for DD... but i belive that it will get better after i get side mount installed and also its only 300 miles on them

also Engine Torque Damper makes car vibrate a bit more
Yeah, I was actually thinking about taking mine off once I install these mounts.

On a side note, I FINALLY had time to go back to the garage and re-test fit the side mount. After brainstorming/testing, I found that although I'll still have to enlarge the hole, I'll only have to do it like 1/8th in. I went ahead and bolted the other 2 mount holes + through-bolt + 2 bolts to the bracket just fine. It might put a slight, slight load on the side mount, but it doesn't look like it'll be a super-load. Plus, after a few hundred miles, it should settle in, even if it's just a little.

Only thing left now is to get the correct bushings...
Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
KA,that don't look to bad at all.
In the winter when you don't have to use the ac you won't mind it at all.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys- sorry if this is redundant- but am I correct in understanding that innovative trans mount for automatics ( 02 accord v6 ) is not a good choice? and that oem is best for vibration? my trans mount is shot- I dont want to buy aftermarket ( inferior crap ) made from recycled bicycles or beer cans. what about NRG brand torque dampener for rear( firewall) theres a groupbuy now for similar issue.
but i still need respectable trans mount. send pm if able.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
hey guys- sorry if this is redundant- but am I correct in understanding that innovative trans mount for automatics ( 02 accord v6 ) is not a good choice? and that oem is best for vibration? my trans mount is shot- I dont want to buy aftermarket ( inferior crap ) made from recycled bicycles or beer cans. what about NRG brand torque dampener for rear( firewall) theres a groupbuy now for similar issue.
but i still need respectable trans mount. send pm if able.
This isn't the place for that. Make your own thread. Would answer, but don't know anything about trans mount options.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
We installed a set of our XLR8 mounts with 75A bushings on a 2nd gen TL yesterday. Obviously it was an Automatic. All the mounts fit fine. We did not have to modify anything. Again it's important to install each mount at a time and to support the motor. Remember to not tighten down the bolts until all 3 mounts have been installed. Also, slight boring of the holes, the holes for the mounting bolts that hold the mount down to the chassis, will not hurt anything. Of course you do not want to take off a lot of material, but a light bore of the holes will be fine.

We drove the vehicle and it felt sold to us. The customer's rear mount was destroyed. It had fluid leaking from it everywhere. The customer can post up his review of the mounts.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered Member

That's good to know. So fitment shouldn't be a problem for the auto TL cars. Has anyone installed actual 62A mounts yet? How are the vibrations?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Any news on the second batch? Still waiting for mine...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
I was told 1 to 2 weeks in an email for the next batch of side mounts, but who knows.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I got the Shifts

im going to install the front and side and wait on the rear. looks like the rear is what causes most of the vibrations. but my car barely vibrates at idle maybe its time for a new flywheel streetka.

my new flywheel made my car feel uber smoof
Old 06-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Suzuka Master

my flywheel was resurfaced 40k miles ago should be fine

stillwaiting for side ;/
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
So no more wheel hop from a launch??

Quick Reply: The motor mount thread