Install in progress (low CR, boost,IC +)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey Serge, have you had any issues crop up again in relation to the ECU and Dr. Evil tranny? i know it's not your daily driver but how is it holding up in your opinion. also, do you have a temperature gauge installed on it? (just curious)

SSTS
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
563hp daily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SCTL-SS
Those are some pretty imprssive #s. I was always hoping for 12s but never saw them
The good news is the GTO is running strong my new best time: 11.99 @ 117.44
I my self would like to run against that modded Mustang GT.....
Hmm, my web hosting is currently working on server resolution, so pics should be up sometime today.

That's great Jorge . Have you added a blower kit or N2O?
Glad both you and Seattle CL-S are running serious power and post some details in Street Encounters, I'm sure you have something to share
Old 06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
563hp daily

Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
hey Serge, have you had any issues crop up again in relation to the ECU and Dr. Evil tranny? i know it's not your daily driver but how is it holding up in your opinion. also, do you have a temperature gauge installed on it? (just curious)

SSTS

Everything works great lately and I have first 20K miles on Dr. Evil and happy with it's performance with constant 3-4 manual shifts . BTW, I'm utilizing my vehicle as a daily driver now , until winter time.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
563hp daily

Also I heard some guys with supercharged 3rd gen. 5AT TL have contacted Dr. Evil to build a more efficient tranny and they working on it. Yet, I setup Dr. Evil group buy on AV6 board and added CleanCL who's going to be the first I believe on this board with Dr. Evil 5AT. So we'll see the results soon.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:28 PM
13.68 @ 102.56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
What do u have done to the GTO
There is quite a bit, I posted a new thread in car talk just to keep this post clean.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/sc-tl-s-sc-gto-341683/

Originally Posted by 02AV6
Hmm, my web hosting is currently working on server resolution, so pics should be up sometime today.

That's great Jorge . Have you added a blower kit or N2O?
Glad both you and Seattle CL-S are running serious power and post some details in Street Encounters, I'm sure you have something to share
I was talked into putting a methanol kit on the GTO. I had it installed over a week ago and WOW it is impressive. This may be a good option for you as it cools your intake charge adds power and prevents detonation. It takes care of fuel issues as well. If one is needing more fuel the Meth makes your car richer. Serge you or BlK20s should try it.

As Far as street/track encounters I've taken out: Modded Cobras, Modded lightenings, EVOs, Modded Supra turbos, several trailered drag cars(mine is driven to the track)

Serge: Good luck and continued success to you and your car
Old 06-22-2006, 12:47 AM
563hp daily

There is quite a bit, I posted a new thread in car talk just to keep this post clean.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341683

I was talked into putting a methanol kit on the GTO. I had it installed over a week ago and WOW it is impressive. This may be a good option for you as it cools your intake charge adds power and prevents detonation. It takes care of fuel issues as well. If one is needing more fuel the Meth makes your car richer. Serge you or BlK20s should try it.

As Far as street/track encounters I've taken out: Modded Cobras, Modded lightenings, EVOs, Modded Supra turbos, several trailered drag cars(mine is driven to the track)

Serge: Good luck and continued success to you and your car
I'm thinking about it, specifically snow performance kit
Thanks Jorge and good luck with your newly discovered power
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

I'm thinking about it, specifically snow performance kit
Thanks Jorge and good luck with your newly discovered power
I wouldn't go with snow as sometimes they are not the most consistant kit. There have been disparing dyno figures when getting tuned thus making it very difficult to work with.
Most of the top LSX tuners prefer alkycontrol it cost a little more than the other kits, but by far a more excellent sysytem. Mine is working great.
Alkycontrol.com =
Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Thanks for the website jorge!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:45 PM
563hp daily

I wouldn't go with snow as sometimes they are not the most consistant kit. There have been disparing dyno figures when getting tuned thus making it very difficult to work with.
Most of the top LSX tuners prefer alkycontrol it cost a little more than the other kits, but by far a more excellent sysytem. Mine is working great.
Alkycontrol.com =
I heard about it and the description sounds better. Which one did you choose? Thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

I heard about it and the description sounds better. Which one did you choose? Thanks
02AV6 / blk2001on 19s: I got the FI unit @ $585(for lack of better terms) and Julio the owner did the install. He ran the pump from my window washer reservoir (it is almost 1 gallon) this amount lasts most setups 1-3 months. If you don't use your washer much this is a good way to go as it saves space. I still wanted the use of a washer bottle so he installed a smaller 1 qt just for my window fluid. His "PAC" progressive controller is really outstanding. If there is no contact # on the sight just PM me and I'll send it your way.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:52 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Thanks for the information!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:51 AM
563hp daily

02AV6 / blk2001on 19s: I got the FI unit @ $585(for lack of better terms) and Julio the owner did the install. He ran the pump from my window washer reservoir (it is almost 1 gallon) this amount lasts most setups 1-3 months. If you don't use your washer much this is a good way to go as it saves space. I still wanted the use of a washer bottle so he installed a smaller 1 qt just for my window fluid. His "PAC" progressive controller is really outstanding. If there is no contact # on the sight just PM me and I'll send it your way.
Excellent, I was thinking about ww reservoir as I don't use much. BTW, snow performance sells 1 gal. of premix methanol. Thanks Jorge, Dan and I can definately use one. Can you estimate what mileage are you getting out of full reservoir and I assume it's under constant pressure which supposed to increase/decrease depending on the boost level, correct?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:26 PM
13.68 @ 102.56

Excellent, I was thinking about ww reservoir as I don't use much. BTW, snow performance sells 1 gal. of premix methanol. Thanks Jorge, Dan and I can definately use one. Can you estimate what mileage are you getting out of full reservoir and I assume it's under constant pressure which supposed to increase/decrease depending on the boost level, correct?
The reservoir is a good way to go and you can always add a smaller tank if you still want one.
Because of the extremely high temps of our FIs the methanol will just flash especially when it hits the rooters on the blower (or turbo for that matter). For mileage you can probably go 300-500 miles per 1 gallon of meth unless you're in boost all the time. If you are in boost alot then maybe 1 gal per tank of gas. You won't need the mix, I've not seen or heard of any adverse affects from running strait meth. Many guys have been running this a lot longer than us and getting the most power with full meth.
The kit is designed to be progressive example: If you top out at 10psi of boost you can have it programmed to come in 3-4 or 4-5 psi at only 50% then it "steps" up until your at 10psi and 100%. I'm sure my figures/lingo may be off but you get the general idea. You should give Julio a call as he can clear things up.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:16 PM
563hp daily

I see, thanks And please PM me his phone # to ask some more questions.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
snow performance / kit Alkycontrol.com <--- what does this do?

does it act like a NOS? how do you install this? how to activate this? link? i dont really know what is this and (what it do) and very interested to know.

BTW Serge, do you think Sculbert can still make one of those TMIC? any contact number?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
How does Alkycontrol compare to the Aquamist system? I've always heard that Aquamist was the best kit out there with best atomization using a high pressure pump.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

Originally Posted by Allout
How does Alkycontrol compare to the Aquamist system? I've always heard that Aquamist was the best kit out there with best atomization using a high pressure pump.
I'm not too sure of the difference but my Alkycontrol system is set up with strait Methanol. There is no indication that a H2O mix gives more gains. The H2O only acts as a coolent but not a fuel. Strait meth gives you the same effect but it evaporates very quickly unlike water and it is a fuel. I inquired about a water/alcohol mix before doing my kit but when there is no documented increase in power. The guys making the most power are all strait meth.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
563hp daily

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
snow performance / kit Alkycontrol.com <--- what does this do?

does it act like a NOS? how do you install this? how to activate this? link? i dont really know what is this and (what it do) and very interested to know.

BTW Serge, do you think Sculbert can still make one of those TMIC? any contact number?
Methanol injection cools down the combustion chamber/eliminates detonation/gains power which you can advance timing inadvertainly with e-manage help. You will rip the beneftis since you don't have an IC, however there couple things to consider for your car:
1. the elbow (between the blower and manifold) had to be drilled to install both nozles
2. The reservoir needs to be refilled with either cheap windshield washer fluid, 50/50 premix or most expensive and best power gain 100% methanol

Read the FAQ here - http://home.att.net/~alkycontrol/page8.htm
BTW, despite my IC, soon going to intstall the kit which should look similar to this. Scratch that 2qt. reservoir since will use my windshield washer tank with 1 gal. capacity.

And doubt if Scalbert going to make any additional kits.
PM bigguyonbike since he was selling the IC kit. Not sure if he sold already.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:43 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

^^^That is an excellent kit^^^
Even without an IC it should do great...it's almost like having a liquid IC. Drilling at the elbow will probably be the most beneficial. Under boost your IAT temps will plummet. It practically makes any car run as if it is winter outside (power wise) and no knock or detonation.
And when temps are a bit on the cool/cold side then it is even better. I ran mine (GTO) last night and it was a little cooler, it had rained earlier, with a full tank of meth: WOW!!!

O2AV6: You should see a net gain of .10-.15+ at the track with your kit...and that's on pump gas!!!