Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^Whose your friend? I used to work at West Side Acura and get most of my installs done there
Old 10-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by PO_TSX19
@Vince - I didnt have time or any idea on what rims to get so i just put summers on my stock wheels until i can decide. Im looking through some classified and found a couple of used rims.

Do you think 17 x 9 +35 with 255/40R17 will fit without rubbing?
Sorry don't know much about wheel fitment. Like Jeff said though, 255 is quite beefy for a 17" wheel.

Originally Posted by edmontonoilers
Are you talking about me Totally forgot about Edmonton Acuraziners.... RL780 hope you enjoy your RL as much as i do!!

Dropped in to let you folks know I have a friend who works at Acura West mechanic, there for 7 years now who now is willing to do more sidejobs. MSG me for a hookup.

PS...anyone got a hookup for acura vehicle parts? Specifically a block heater
Oh I didn't know you had an RL lol. I was talking about someone with a black RL, his name is "Taylor" I believe. Unless you're him and my memory is playing tricks on me.

For cheaper Acura parts, order from the vendors here on acurazine. I usually buy from ack. I just saved a couple hundred ordering a few parts, even with the cost of shipping included.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it is kinda beefy eh. Im just flirtin with idea's since i cant lower my ride until warrenty runs out. Well guess i can just get rota's at Kal-tire or something until i wear my summer tires to the cords. Just saving up slowly for some super light an sweet rims, but i've yet to come to a conclusion to which i want haha.

What's going on with southview acura, its like the appointment centre went down or is upgrading when i called to move my appointment. Well winters goin on this thursday so no more slidin for me.

Also does anyone know if when you buy a used car from the used dealership, is the warrenty valid until the year its suppose to end (example: June 2012) or does the warrenty end at 80,000 kms? Hope that made sense.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

When does your warranty run out? I'd say save up to buy nice wheels instead of wasting it on temporary wheels unless you are planning to use them for winter but you have stockies for that, and I think 18" or 19" wheels will look better on your car haha.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
warranty should run out to which ever comes first.
mines out at either 130 000kms or April 2014, pretty sure i'll hit the kms before the set date though
consider i bought it last october at 56 and im sitting at 79 right now
Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

Sweet, well i hit the date so that means COILOVERS HERE WE GO!!!!! I will ask again when i pick up my whip from the shop. I cant quite reember what the sales lady said. Cause i got my car around sept 2011 so that means im not on warrenty anymore? I used to work for Ford so you'd think i'd remember things about warrenty haha. Thanks again guys.

BTW who's up for bubble tea? :P
Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you talking about me Totally forgot about Edmonton Acuraziners.... RL780 hope you enjoy your RL as much as i do!!

Dropped in to let you folks know I have a friend who works at Acura West mechanic, there for 7 years now who now is willing to do more sidejobs. MSG me for a hookup.

PS...anyone got a hookup for acura vehicle parts? Specifically a block heater
Say what? Hook me up I could get to a couple fluid flushes. PM me!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Pro

Sweet, well i hit the date so that means COILOVERS HERE WE GO!!!!! I will ask again when i pick up my whip from the shop. I cant quite reember what the sales lady said. Cause i got my car around sept 2011 so that means im not on warrenty anymore? I used to work for Ford so you'd think i'd remember things about warrenty haha. Thanks again guys.

BTW who's up for bubble tea? :P
What year is your car? Is it a 6 speed? V6 model? Coilovers & wheels dude! Or a-spec kit is a nice start too.

Lol I haven't had bubble tea in a while. Winter = makes me want to move
Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha sorry Vinsanity I don't think we've met my bad. Name is Aaron does Myron still go on here? i went to a couple meets with Acurazine couple years ago

Cool thanks Vinsanity, the vendor's name is Ack?

Last edited by edmontonoilers; 11-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
^Whose your friend? I used to work at West Side Acura and get most of my installs done there
Wei is his name
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

@Vince - I didnt have time or any idea on what rims to get so i just put summers on my stock wheels until i can decide. Im looking through some classified and found a couple of used rims.

Do you think 17 x 9 +35 with 255/40R17 will fit without rubbing?

Check out these links for fitment guide.

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelVehicl...elmodel=BMW+Z4
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FreshJive
I'm really debating if i want go for the 6-spd manual or 5-spd auto. Any thoughts people?
If you're talking about a 3G TL...Go with the 6 speed. Used to own one.
Clutch drops quick compared to other rides but it seems like its an Acura thing. 6 speed TL has the dynamic package as I recall...and 6 speed for TLs are rare.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Really wish I had put my winters on...AWD is nice, but no substitute for season-appropriate rubber.

Next week...
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Wei is his name
Nice, Wei's the one I get to install everything on my TSX haha. I'm actually getting him to install my inner axle joint and boot this Saturday lol.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Pro

Haha sorry Vinsanity I don't think we've met my bad. Name is Aaron does Myron still go on here? i went to a couple meets with Acurazine couple years ago

Cool thanks Vinsanity, the vendor's name is Ack?
Good question Myron hasn't chimed in for a long time. Not sure where he went. He sold his 3G a while back though.

Yeah he's the OP in this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/group-buy-anything-oem-796482/
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

@ Vince - My car is a 2009 TSX with a Inline 4 with MAAAADDD I-VTEC and also a 6-speed of course. There's an A-spec kit for my car??? I did not know that, cause i looked up the Mugen bumper that Jeff mentioned and they wanted like around $2500 for just the front bumper , crazy expensive. I thought the kit i had on already was the A-spec kit, im not too sure to be honest.

@Aaron - I actually been playing around with it and i found that the max size i can go is a 265/35R18 but thats like a little over 2% too fast or something. But im thinkin of settling with a 245/40R18 maybe but i love fat tires or super wide tires haha. Used to work for Ford an the mustangs have huge back tires so had to have it right haha.

On a side note some L.E.D. lights just came in for me from iJDMTOY.com and i would like some help if anyone's willing to help .

So show of hands, who want bubble tea? I may pay for everyone depending how many people are going, Just saying . This isnt a trick i just say some groups in the states they just meet somewhere an chill so thought i'd try this out because we're awsome haha.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone done the Power Steering Hose recall yet?
I'm booked in to do it at 2:30pm today. Does West Side Acura have an age requirement for loaner cars?

-Daniel
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by danzio2020
I'm booked in to do it at 2:30pm today. Does West Side Acura have an age requirement for loaner cars?

-Daniel
Yeah I've had it done on my TL. They dont have an age requirement, but they do need a phone call prior to say that you need a loaner, because usually they are all out on the road with other customers.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Pro

@ Vince - My car is a 2009 TSX with a Inline 4 with MAAAADDD I-VTEC and also a 6-speed of course. There's an A-spec kit for my car??? I did not know that, cause i looked up the Mugen bumper that Jeff mentioned and they wanted like around $2500 for just the front bumper , crazy expensive. I thought the kit i had on already was the A-spec kit, im not too sure to be honest.

@Aaron - I actually been playing around with it and i found that the max size i can go is a 265/35R18 but thats like a little over 2% too fast or something. But im thinkin of settling with a 245/40R18 maybe but i love fat tires or super wide tires haha. Used to work for Ford an the mustangs have huge back tires so had to have it right haha.

On a side note some L.E.D. lights just came in for me from iJDMTOY.com and i would like some help if anyone's willing to help .

So show of hands, who want bubble tea? I may pay for everyone depending how many people are going, Just saying . This isnt a trick i just say some groups in the states they just meet somewhere an chill so thought i'd try this out because we're awsome haha.
Oh maybe you do have an a-spec kit on it, I don't remember lol.

What lights are you planning to replace? I can help, I don't have much stock lighting left on my car after my led spree

Sure why not I'm down for a drink.

-Daniel
Yeah had it done over the summer. Booked myself in and told them over the phone I need a loaner for the day. Hopefully they'll have one sitting around for you to take.

On a side note, a new Acura joins the family. Got hooked up by Marty at West Side Acura. Great guy to deal with! I tried to convince my dad to go WDP but he was set on silver. Requested all plastic to be left on as I prefer to do the new car prep myself. I will be claying and waxing the car later tonight after a rinseless wash. Gotta start a new car off right! A complete 3M kit is on it's way so I'll give a go at installing that once it arrives

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@ Quyen - LED Lights are super easy to install haha, I'd be down for some BBT. And if you want wider tires, you can always go for a lower offset wheel like say 40-45 just in case so you wont rub your fenders.

@ Vince - Nice pick up! My friends sister has one and the ride is nice. Taking those plastic wrap and prepping the car was a lot of work. You're work would probably be a million times better than I used to do it for sure haha. Marty is a hilarious and a great guy for sure, have you ever been to his restaurant? haha
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

My new toy, Spoon anyone? haha

Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Intermediate

@Jeff - Actually im thinkin of getting 18" volks with a 30 offset or 35, but im goin to do alot more research before i settle on some rims. Actually i went on youtube for installs and yea they had a video on it, but i got something else. The interior is pretty much straight forward but i just got this thing that im not too sure what its suppose to connect to, haha.

@Vince - I got ones for my interior, door, licence plate and reverse. I got something along with the other lights, so i have no idea what its suppose to connect too, . I think its for the reverse since it says 50W6RJ on it but im goin to assume its for the reverse light???

Sweet so thats 3 people so far, anyone else? Can't say no to bubble tea, haha. When's a good weekend to do this for you guys?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Instructor

im down for bbt, off work tmr at 5 and free sunday for the most part.
maybe i'll wash the car to show vince the paint job lol
those lights arent too hard to change, could probably change them at bbt even if someone brings some tools to pop them open.

also, the new RDX's look sick! i tried to get my dad to get a white MDX but he got silver also lol

Last edited by you8myrice; 11-02-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

So what time on sunday then? or do you guys want it next weekend?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Pro

@Jeff - Nice strut bar! It looks sharp. No I haven't been to his restaurant but I'll try it one day. I saw his TV show randomly here and there lol.

Doing the prep isn't bad, although I'm sure you had to do them by the boat load while I got to take my time with this one. I had to leave the wax to cure overnight since it's way too cold for it to bond in the usual time frame.

@Tai - Lol I know hey what's up with older asians and silver cars? Such a nice SUV but ruined by the silver.

@Quyen - A lot of the time they include extra connectors so that the lights will fit several different connectors. I know when I got mine a few orders would throw in random connectors that went straight but into the packaging. Next weekend works better for me. Got midterms this week but then it's a long weekend for students next week.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Instructor

any weekend is good for me, same schedule everyweeked so just let me know
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Intermediate

So how does the 11th sound for everyone? Also i want to do a retrofit but have no idea what to go for or what kits are good for the car or something? Just looking for some pointers. I havent found too many people doing projector retrofits on the 2nd gen but still lookin .
Old 11-04-2012, 04:21 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

what are you trying to retrofit? fog lights?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Intermediate

Im trying to retrofit new projectors with halo or angel eyes. The output of my current projectors kinda makin me mad as its only bring on the passenger side. Plus i want to put 3K hids for the fogs just to add some contrast awsome.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Intermediate

I think i saw hata_1 today going towards southgate. Looked at some old posts an found a silver TL that looks almost like the one i saw. I could be seeing things, .
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

Got my power steering hose replaced on friday, they gave me an ILX with 3000km's on it.
Had some fun with it LOL...

@EdmTSX
I read earlier in the thread that you installed CBI's. How are they?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Pro

Im trying to retrofit new projectors with halo or angel eyes. The output of my current projectors kinda makin me mad as its only bring on the passenger side. Plus i want to put 3K hids for the fogs just to add some contrast awsome.
The 11th works for me.

Have you considered switching to clear lenses? I switched to zkw-r's and the cutoff line for my headlights is very sharp in comparison to stock. Something like this if it works for your 2G:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=135

Keep in mind if you go 3K for the fogs, you'll want to put yellow overlays on them to get actual yellow light. I have a brand new pair of 3K hid bulbs, H11's if you want. Not sure if they will fit your application. 3K with a clear lens looks white head on but portrays yellow on the ground. Or is it the other way around? Either way you'll need vinyl overlays if you're going for the JDM yellow look.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Intermediate

@Vince - I actually havent thought of just switching the lense, but the thing is that the driver side seems like its blurry, like the cut off line i believe is kinda fuzzy. Plus i found a giant mosquito in it, no idea how it got in there to be honest. Though i totally still want angel eyes for my projectors tho or maybe do led's. Sweet my fogs are H11's as well so it should fit right in, are you selling it?

So here's the list of who's goin for bubble tea.
1.Quyen
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Instructor

1.Quyen
2.Tai
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@ Danzio - I do have the CBI's, they are really good. Even better with clear lenses too.

@ Quyen - Not a big fan of halo/angel eyes but to each their own. If you want better output and cut off, get clear lense and you can also paint your cut off piece inside the headlight black. If you want to go with yellow fogs, get 3k hids and yellow fogs as Vince mentioned. I had that and it was too much yellow and it was more orange than the yellow. I run halogen HIDs for fogs and it looks a lot better. Do you already have HID wiring for the fogs?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think i saw hata_1 today going towards southgate. Looked at some old posts an found a silver TL that looks almost like the one i saw. I could be seeing things, .
Wasnt me! I was working all weekend,no chance to go anywhere...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The 11th is my birthday, Id be down for bubble tea, but it all depends how my hangover is going to be, if I get one.. from the night before.

Speaking of which, everyone should come out to druid on saturday for my bday! haha
Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Pro

@Quyen - Yes a clear lens will correct the issue of "blurry" output or a fuzzy looking cutoff line. If you look at the pictures in the link I provided it has good comparisons of before and after output with a stock and clear lens. The H11 bulb should fit in fine but as Jeff said, you'll need the ballasts and a relay harness to make it all work without any problems.

1.Quyen
2.Tai
3.Vincent

@Sanjay - Happy early birthday! Don't think I'll be able to make it as I have plans Saturday night. Are you still in on the a-spec GB? I believe they're closing it on Wednesday.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Cruisin'

@EdmTSX,

mind PM'ing or texting me some pictures of the CBI's and the output. Or if your not busy sometime this week can I see them in person. I want to buy them but $200 for bulbs better be worth it because morimoto's are $50!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Pro

@EdmTSX,

mind PM'ing or texting me some pictures of the CBI's and the output. Or if your not busy sometime this week can I see them in person. I want to buy them but $200 for bulbs better be worth it because morimoto's are $50!
Do you have zkw's or zkw-r's in your headlights right now? They make a huge difference in terms of clarity, cutoff, and look. I have zkw-r's paired with 6K morimoto's for the headlights and I think it's a decent combo. 6K is junk for highway though lol.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's