Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
@Arthur - Yeah did a 3x3 drain and fill. Each time after I did a drain and fill, I went out and drove the car hard for about 10 minutes before going back into the garage and doing another round. I'll probably aim to do another 1x3 in the spring. Are you going to do the pressure sensors as well? It made a huge improvement in shifts for me.

@Tai - Hopefully they matched that WDP paint spot on!

@Jordan - No man I wish. I haven't driven my car for about a week now since it won't start. It was a few days since I drove my car and I used my recently installed starter to fire it up. Once the car turned on, the stock alarm goes off non-stop. Everything I did wouldn't turn it off until I took off the negative cable lug to the battery. Ever since then, my car won't turn back on. Once I reconnect the cable lug the stock alarm goes off and I don't even get a crank when I turn the key in the ignition. I'm getting no power to the interior. No interior lights, radio, trunk, or even horn. I had the battery recharged for about 20 hours and even took it into Partsource to have read and it checked out fine. I checked every fuse and nothing is blown. Tomorrow I will take off the intake and check around the fuse box area to see if any wiring came loose. Other than that, I'm completely out of ideas.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Vince - Maybe try unplugging the unit that controls the alarm. It happened to my parents car and i just unplugged the unit. But we got it replaced entirely later anyways so it wasnt a big deal. There may be a parasitic drain somewhere in the electrical system or something that is either preventing the lights from turning. Did you forget to plug anything back together when you had it apart? By the way we're talking about your TL right?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by EdmTSX
@you8myrice - which doug's did you go to?

took it too Doug's Too since the other one had a longer wait plus Vince had a good experience with them so figured i'd go with them. i'm always busy so not gonna be able to pick her up till next mid week ish.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How much did it cost you?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor

How much did it cost you?
original quote from Doug's Place was ~4100 just for the drive side.
Jim Youngs quoted me ~1800 and insurance appraiser quoted it ~2400.
I took it to Doug's Too and they just used the insurance quote, turned out my deductible is 500 not the 1000 i thought so i only have to pay 500
Old 10-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Pro

@Quyen - Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily Sanjay was in the neighborhood yesterday and dropped by. Turns out it was something very simple. The negative battery post is worn out so the cable lug had to be jiggled around to form a proper connection. Epic fail on my part. Car starts fine now. I'll have to go get an alignment soon since I've gone back to stock, or close enough to stock height. One major downfall of coilovers: Minimum 2 alignments a year if you raise and lower for winter. Too bad we don't have shops that do unlimited alignments like in the States.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

Oh damn, i was goin to get some coils soon. Well guess im going to order some after i finish school for my first year apprentice.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Pro

@Tai - Bring the car by sometime. I want to see the results

@Quyen - Yeah nothing wrong with coils. It just adds up in cost eventually lol. What are you taking in school right now?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

Im currently in school for CNC prgramming for machinist, its also for the apprenticeship. Going for my first year this upcoming january so no mods til i finish.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
Vince, could you tell me what does changing the pressure sensor do? I've read it somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig it up. How hard is that process?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Instructor

@Vince yeah i'll stop by for sure !
i think my computers messed or something, i just checked this thread and seen a bunch of in between replies i didnt see before lol
Old 10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by edmua6
Spoiled the TL today. Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, coolant flush, and transmission flush was done today.
How much did all that end up costing you?

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
@Sanjay - Go RV6 True Dual! The youtube vids of it sound amazing.

@Arthur - Do you notice any difference in shifting after the ATF flush?
Im pretty dead set on the ATLP quads. When I had a dump and fill done by Acura, it was a night and day difference for shifting on my TL

@Sanjay - Do you work at Wheels Plus? haha
Nah, I was there Friday morning getting my winter tires changed over. Only shop I trust that hasnt done any sub par work yet

@Quyen - Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily Sanjay was in the neighborhood yesterday and dropped by. Turns out it was something very simple. The negative battery post is worn out so the cable lug had to be jiggled around to form a proper connection. Epic fail on my part. Car starts fine now. I'll have to go get an alignment soon since I've gone back to stock, or close enough to stock height. One major downfall of coilovers: Minimum 2 alignments a year if you raise and lower for winter. Too bad we don't have shops that do unlimited alignments like in the States.
Stop cleaning that terminal so damn much!! Lol. Alignments are cheap anyways. Sherwood Park Honda always has sales on alignments and have a recessed alignment rack for lowered cars. My 240sx has zero problems going on it.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Pro

Sanjay, 1350$ at Wilson's Auto Tech. Vince got his timing belt done there as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello,

My name is Daniel I just bought an 08 WDP TL Type S
Another addition to the already plenty north side white Type S's..

What mileage did everyone do their timing belts at?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Pro

@Arthur - Here is a quote from "I hate cars" - "(pressure sensors) reduce line pressure and control shift timing in order to provide soft shifts. When one or both start to go, line pressure falls and third starts slipping." Essentially there a lot of people who complain about rough shifts and this seems to fix the issues. Huge thread on it here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/very-interesting-conversation-my-transmission-builder-tl-721508/

Here is the DIY for 04-06. Doing mine wasn't bad, big pita since I didn't have deep sockets and had to go out and grab a set since it's essential for the 07-08 change. I'm not sure how hard it would be for 04-06 since the location of the sensors is quite different but members report it's not too bad.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/110-diy-guide-replacing-3rd-4th-gear-pressure-switch-3g-tl-2004-2006-a-729149/

@Sanjay - Lol I thought I only cleaned it a few times with a wire brush. Guess I went a bit too crazy with it.

I had a bad experience the last time I went to Sherwood Park Honda. I called to setup an appointment over the phone and told the representative that I have a lowered car. I asked if I was still eligible for the special going at ~$70 and she said it was fine. When I get there, a different representative goes oh no no the person you spoke to is new and didn't know what she was talking about. She starts saying oh blah blah it's hard for our techs to do lowered cars and that my car may not clear their rack. I kept thinking to myself wtf are you talking about? Then she goes on to say that it will be $130 since my car is lowered. I was so annoyed and spoke to a manager. Basically the manager told me tough luck, you can either leave it here or gtfo. I had already taken off the morning from work to do the alignment so I just stayed and sucked it up. Won't be going back there anytime soon with that garbage customer service.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
You guys with your lowered cars...here's what you need. Saw this parked on the south side a few nights ago. Not an Acura, but I'm sure you could make it work.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@sanjay - ahh, I find it funny how Todd follows me on twitter. I've been there a couple times as well, great place to get things done.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Welcome Danzio!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by danzio2020
Hello,

going by activeness of WDP type s on the forums, its only me lol
i only seen a few on northside, always the same 3, theres probs alot more, i just dont notice haha.

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
You guys with your lowered cars...here's what you need. Saw this parked on the south side a few nights ago. Not an Acura, but I'm sure you could make it work.

i ALWAYS see that car around southside !
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The green car lives by 50 street tims. And welcome daniel...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Pro

Welcome Daniel! Yet another WDP lol. Planning on doing any mods? Why isn't there anyone with a black or silver TL-S on these forums? I see them here and there. I got my timing belt changed at about 110k. Arthur just got his changed and he just hit 100k if I remember correctly.

@Sean - It's okay, we know you're just jealous Btw, did you get my PM in response to your questions about detailing?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Intermediate

Welcome Daniel! YES MORE PEOPLE!!! WOOT! :P.

I see the green lincoln (least im pretty sure) but i usually see it cruising along gateway blvd. There's a couple around the city :P. Wonder if its high enough to zip right under it haha.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
6MT

i did my timing belt at 135k i think, and thats only the belt and tensioner. Water pump was good and even the old belt was good but i replaced anyways. cost me $512
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Everyone, looks like I still have time for the belt!

Tai, the only WDP ones I see on north-side are yours, the one thats identical mods to yours, and one that lives right by me has black emblems. Pretty sure it's Vince's neighbour lol.

Vince, I think I live by you in Belle Rive lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Instructor

Thanks Everyone, looks like I still have time for the belt!

Tai, the only WDP ones I see on north-side are yours, the one thats identical mods to yours, and one that lives right by me has black emblems. Pretty sure it's Vince's neighbour lol.

Vince, I think I live by you in Belle Rive lol.
we're all in belle rive pretty much.
The one thats identical to mine is Vince's neighbor lol
never see another TL with black emblems on northside other than me and vince's neighbor
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Instructor

ps. i noticed that 2 of you guys ordered the aspec kits !
planning on having them on before or after winter?!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
haha so MY CAR IS COMPLEXLY DEAD AND A BLOCK OF ICE HAHAHA FML
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I had a bad experience the last time I went to Sherwood Park Honda. I called to setup an appointment over the phone and told the representative that I have a lowered car. I asked if I was still eligible for the special going at ~$70 and she said it was fine. When I get there, a different representative goes oh no no the person you spoke to is new and didn't know what she was talking about. She starts saying oh blah blah it's hard for our techs to do lowered cars and that my car may not clear their rack. I kept thinking to myself wtf are you talking about? Then she goes on to say that it will be $130 since my car is lowered. I was so annoyed and spoke to a manager. Basically the manager told me tough luck, you can either leave it here or gtfo. I had already taken off the morning from work to do the alignment so I just stayed and sucked it up. Won't be going back there anytime soon with that garbage customer service.
Thats really shitty man! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a typical dealership now. Another shop I'd recommend is wheels plus. Their lift is not recessed, but they regularly deal with lowered cars, such as drift cars.

@sanjay - ahh, I find it funny how Todd follows me on twitter. I've been there a couple times as well, great place to get things done.
Yeah for sure. Todd is a stand up guy.

Hello,

Welcome Daniel!

Originally Posted by riicky
i did my timing belt at 135k i think, and thats only the belt and tensioner. Water pump was good and even the old belt was good but i replaced anyways. cost me $512
My car is at 170000 and I still havent done it yet...............

Originally Posted by you8myrice
ps. i noticed that 2 of you guys ordered the aspec kits !
planning on having them on before or after winter?!
Probably after winter. I do too much highway driving to justify the rock chips it will get. Unless I decide to get all pieces 3m'd. There isnt any precut 3m kits out there, will have to be all custom.

Originally Posted by jbond2099
haha so MY CAR IS COMPLEXLY DEAD AND A BLOCK OF ICE HAHAHA FML
Sounds like you have a shit battery! Its not even cold yet!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Pro

@Quyen - Lol don't go trying any fast and furious maneuvers now.

@Daniel - It sounds like you know exactly where I live. Whereabouts in belle rive are you? Feel free to drop by anytime.

@Tai - Yeah the two KBP's on this forum shall have kits next spring I'll definitely be waiting until after winter since I'll need to get the front lip painted. Plenty of plans for the spring.

@Justin - Lol you chime in at such random times. Where have you been dude?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm ordering my aspec kit after winter. Howmuch/where are you guys getting yours from?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ArenHam
I'm ordering my aspec kit after winter. Howmuch/where are you guys getting yours from?
theyre getting it from ack, i got mine a few months back for $760shipped.

anyways, got the car back today! paint looks a little off, need to wash and inspect it soon to see how it really is.
i been in a ford edge for 3 weeks, feels so weird driving the TL, so low and steering is so stiff!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ArenHam
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...802311&page=52

Originally Posted by you8myrice
theyre getting it from ack, i got mine a few months back for $760shipped.

anyways, got the car back today! paint looks a little off, need to wash and inspect it soon to see how it really is.
i been in a ford edge for 3 weeks, feels so weird driving the TL, so low and steering is so stiff!
Oh I guess his prices went up. He quoted me $800 shipped and that's off of the group buy price.

Yikes that's no good to hear. Is the pearl way off? Sharp cut off of where they blended?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Oh I guess his prices went up. He quoted me $800 shipped and that's off of the group buy price.

Yikes that's no good to hear. Is the pearl way off? Sharp cut off of where they blended?

i got a better deal cause i msg'd him and explained some things lol.
the hood looks more white than the repainted part, i dunno about the cut off, i would have to show you
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 PM
6MT

guys with 04-06 TLs, ack is doing a GB on the foglight mod. Check it out!!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Intermediate

OH dont tempt me. :P.

So does everyone have their winters on except me? Its goin to get interesting with summers on snow when i go to school, oh the excitement.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
10th Gear

Hi there I'm pretty new to the site and i just stumbled on this thread. I just got myself an 05 RL Black on Black. Had it about 3 weeks now, I grabbed it while I was in Calgary. I owned a Honda Accord before this and I liked the Accord but OMG I love the RL. Just thought I would say hi.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That sounds like robbery...you can get a full aspec kit from ebay for like $500 including shipping right outta Toronto
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-TL-04-...f55c77&vxp=mtr

@RL780 - welcome! Nice I love RL's thought about getting one too but parts are a bitch to get for that expensive machine.

Last edited by ArenHam; 10-24-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

^Not bad pricing for that kit, I just ordered JDM Accord Euro R side skirts for my car..they were orginally $500 on sale for $300 but shipping was $200.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Pro

Aaron, you forgot that the group buy sells OEM kits and they come painted from the factory. I'd rather spend a couple hundred dollars more for better fitment and better paint match. You choose :P

Lots of new guys I see. For the TL-S guys or whoever wants to do the switchblade mod, I have a brand new unmilled/uncut OEM switchblade for sale for 50$.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

didn't notice it was unpainted haha. Then I'd go for the GB

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's