Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:59 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Haven't posted in a while, some of you may know what happened to my TSX recently. I got rear ended twice in the same week. I'll join the meet once my cars fixed. Estimate around $5700, waiting to bring the car in to get fixed. Getting it done at Eclipse auto since a few of my friends recommended them.

1st one, just scratches

Name:  20141125_185453_HDR1_zps35fb8d3f.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  69.5 KB

2nd one, a lot worse

Name:  20141130_172138_HDR1_zps943f72f2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  75.2 KB

Estimate around $5700, waiting to bring the car in to get fixed. Getting it done at Eclipse auto since a few of my friends recommended them.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:01 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Originally Posted by jdm4dr
I'm down for a winter meet this week, haven't been on here for abit, how is everyone?
Did you turbo the TL? haha
Old 01-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
I think it was jdm4dr, not exactly sure on your username, but saw you on the Henday earlier tonight and exit on the 97st exit. Lol I've seen you quite a few times lately. I wasn't ignoring you earlier, my passenger window was frozen stuck. All the windows were stuck except the driver side haha. Guess it was a bit cold out today.

Also what Jeff said. Was that a BOV I heard?

Last edited by v|nsan|ty; 01-03-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EdmTSX, v|nsan|ty, yep it's boosted got kinda bored of being n/a haha, and yes it was me v|nsan|ty, Ive seen you a few times, tried to catch up to say hi, what kind of suspension are you running? Looks really stiff. But your car looks great, always gets my attention.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Pro

I have the HT-Spec Type I coilovers. Yeah it took some getting used to at first but I don't find it too stiff when driving. Except of course unless I'm in the residential area during winter or going over potholes.
Haha I want your switchbacks. I've already gone through 2 sets of them and they have both blown. Hesitant to buy another set since they aren't cheap bulbs. Vleds has failed me quite a few times now. The DRL kit I got from them also died and now I'm back to halogens.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:23 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

EdmTSX, v|nsan|ty, yep it's boosted got kinda bored of being n/a haha, and yes it was me v|nsan|ty, Ive seen you a few times, tried to catch up to say hi, what kind of suspension are you running? Looks really stiff. But your car looks great, always gets my attention.

Wish I could get boosted...and have an IS-F too haha. Can't wait to see them both!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
it is custom set up or the one they advertised on this site? I'd love to see that for sure
Old 01-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone know of anyone that knows how to vinyl wrap roofs privately? All the shops that I've asked want 350+ and I don't plan on wrapping myself unless I don't find a good deal.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:25 AM
5th Gear

v|nsan|ty, oh I see looks a lot more stiffer than mine, that's for sure lol. I don't mind the stock look it looks clean, I want your side indicators aha.

EdmTSX, unfortunately I sold the isf just before winter

Myron, it's a full custom set up I made, with a full 2.75" exhaust piping front to back. Just running on waste gate pressure for now till I get a better set of injectors and then a tune. But ive been running it for awhile now and so far it's running really good and really fun, really brings the car alive. Espically with the 6MT
Old 01-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

v|nsan|ty, oh I see looks a lot more stiffer than mine, that's for sure lol. I don't mind the stock look it looks clean, I want your side indicators aha.

EdmTSX, unfortunately I sold the isf just before winter

Myron, it's a full custom set up I made, with a full 2.75" exhaust piping front to back. Just running on waste gate pressure for now till I get a better set of injectors and then a tune. But ive been running it for awhile now and so far it's running really good and really fun, really brings the car alive. Espically with the 6MT
You made it yourself?!?!?! Are you gonna use Hondata to tune it?

Where were you when I had my TL!?!?!?! If I had a turbo I don't think I would have sold it. If you guys have a meet I would love to see this
Old 01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
5th Gear

Yes I fabbracated and welded everything up myself, these cars are tight so it wasn't easy fitting the big ass pipping lol. I'm currently using the flash pro by hondata just tweeting some stuff by myself for now and I'll prob get it tinned in spring after I change a few more things.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes I fabbracated and welded everything up myself, these cars are tight so it wasn't easy fitting the big ass pipping lol. I'm currently using the flash pro by hondata just tweeting some stuff by myself for now and I'll prob get it tinned in spring after I change a few more things.
damn good for you man, I wish I had those kind of skills.
How much HP are you expecting from this set up with a safe tune?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by myron
damn good for you man, I wish I had those kind of skills.
How much HP are you expecting from this set up with a safe tune?
Hmm honestly not sure 350-400 hp it's still my daily so nothing crazy, I just wanted something different then all the other tls on the road aha. I'm running on 6psi right now and its running smooth.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Hmm honestly not sure 350-400 hp it's still my daily so nothing crazy, I just wanted something different then all the other tls on the road aha. I'm running on 6psi right now and its running smooth.
350-400 is still good. That's quiet a bump from stock TL
Old 01-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Pro

Jeff - Forgot to comment earlier. How long will your car be out of commission for? That's some really shitty luck, but good thing you weren't injured. What's everything that is getting repaired? My Dad's rdx was vandalized not too long ago and I booked him in at Jim Young's Collision since I heard good things about them. He's going in near the end of this month.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Jeff - Forgot to comment earlier. How long will your car be out of commission for? That's some really shitty luck, but good thing you weren't injured. What's everything that is getting repaired? My Dad's rdx was vandalized not too long ago and I booked him in at Jim Young's Collision since I heard good things about them. He's going in near the end of this month.
Hey Vince do you know of anyone that wraps roof? Looking for someone that does it private since most shops charge quite a bit.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dctls08
Hey Vince do you know of anyone that wraps roof? Looking for someone that does it private since most shops charge quite a bit.
Sorry I don't. You should just order a roll and give it a shot yourself. Really doesn't seem all that hard especially since it's a relatively flat piece.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry I don't. You should just order a roll and give it a shot yourself. Really doesn't seem all that hard especially since it's a relatively flat piece.
Add to that, there are a lot of youtube video tutors out there.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Add to that, there are a lot of youtube video tutors out there.
Yea, looks more and more I'll just end up doing that.

Vince is that a Mugen grille that you have with a Type-S badge or is it a custom one? Also, do you still have the dimensions to the fog lens? If I get some Lexan glass and dremel cutting disks could you cut out a piece for me?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Have any of you guys got stuff off the vendor Blue Batmobile on here? He sells pre-cut vinyl so I'm interested.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Have any of you guys got stuff off the vendor Blue Batmobile on here? He sells pre-cut vinyl so I'm interested.
he sells pre-cut vinyl for roof? I wouldn't buy anything pre-cut for that. Vinyl has to be stretched, and heated and formed in a way. I'd get a full piece and do it myself.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

he sells pre-cut vinyl for roof? I wouldn't buy anything pre-cut for that. Vinyl has to be stretched, and heated and formed in a way. I'd get a full piece and do it myself.
Here's some of his work:

Acura TL Overlays Photos by BlueBatmobile2005 | Photobucket

He makes tint overlay too. A lot of people I've seen on here love his work, I think I'll contact him and ask about his cutting process when cutting them but yea I'm definitely interested.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Her insurance company called me a few days ago telling me its going to be written off as a total loss and the appraisers will call me about it, but I'm going to argue it.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
Her insurance company called me a few days ago telling me its going to be written off as a total loss and the appraisers will call me about it, but I'm going to argue it.
ouch that sucks considering you just put the new engine in there.

How much did labor cost for the swap if you don't mind me asking. You can PM if you don't want to disclose. I have a buddy looking for someone to do an engine swap from the same model car. Also who did it?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
Damn that sucks dude, let us know what happens.

I got an email back from the guy at Blue Bat Overlays (BlueBatmobile), the vinyl is pre-cut but is oversized for complete fitment, just tuck in and trim any excess if need be. He uses Oracal for the gloss black that he been using since 2008 with great results. He uses 3M 1080 carbon fiber as well. Carbon Fiber shipped to Canada is $220 USD and glossy black $115 USD shipped.

Looks like I'm gonna hit him up on some gloss black vinyl. If anyone else is interested in wrapping their roof he's a good guy to go to.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn that sucks dude, let us know what happens.

I got an email back from the guy at Blue Bat Overlays (BlueBatmobile), the vinyl is pre-cut but is oversized for complete fitment, just tuck in and trim any excess if need be. He uses Oracal for the gloss black that he been using since 2008 with great results. He uses 3M 1080 carbon fiber as well. Carbon Fiber shipped to Canada is $220 USD and glossy black $115 USD shipped.

Looks like I'm gonna hit him up on some gloss black vinyl. If anyone else is interested in wrapping their roof he's a good guy to go to.
over priced. like Vince said, precut is a bad idea.
i know its over sized but at that point, you might as well get a roll and cut it yourself, only thing you gotta cut off is the sunroof which is easy.
plus our dollar is weak right now and than duties and customs... might as well go to a shop at that price
Old 01-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by you8myrice
over priced. like Vince said, precut is a bad idea.
i know its over sized but at that point, you might as well get a roll and cut it yourself, only thing you gotta cut off is the sunroof which is easy.
plus our dollar is weak right now and than duties and customs... might as well go to a shop at that price
350+ at shops, 135 cad shipped, customs shouldn't be that much either, plus I don't really trust cutting it myself. Just gonna see what the guy says and if he doesn't respond I'll probably just grab a roll.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:43 AM
Instructor

your only cutting one edge, keep the sunroof open and cut from the inside.
the job is honestly a 2/10 on the difficulty scale
Old 01-10-2015, 01:56 AM
Intermediate

your only cutting one edge, keep the sunroof open and cut from the inside.
the job is honestly a 2/10 on the difficulty scale
Isn't it gonna be hard to tuck in the sides though due to the weather strips?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:27 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

ouch that sucks considering you just put the new engine in there.

How much did labor cost for the swap if you don't mind me asking. You can PM if you don't want to disclose. I have a buddy looking for someone to do an engine swap from the same model car. Also who did it?
I got it done through Chris at Skyline Auto, you might know him, he's in the same shop as Ryan, 12Volt Wizard and good friend of Sanjay. Cost of labor was around 1700 including swapping over some aftermarket parts over to the new engine and a new clutch and flywheel install. Would've costed around 1200 without the aftermarket parts and clutch.

skylineautomotive
Old 01-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Isn't it gonna be hard to tuck in the sides though due to the weather strips?
you should take the weather strips off anyway to do this properly. And he's selling you Oracal and you want to get it but when i offered to sell you Oracal you didn't want it cuz it's not 3M haha
Old 01-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

you should take the weather strips off anyway to do this properly. And he's selling you Oracal and you want to get it but when i offered to sell you Oracal you didn't want it cuz it's not 3M haha
His is pre-cut though haha, I was debating before if I should wrap it in cf and have the antenna gloss black as well as the roof spoiler. I've decided I'm just gonna go with a gloss black roof with no roof spoiler. You didn't want to cut out just a part of your roll to sell so I didn't want to buy before.

What are the dimensions and the price you are willing to part with to your roll? Now I would be interested haha.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Pro

Vince is that a Mugen grille that you have with a Type-S badge or is it a custom one? Also, do you still have the dimensions to the fog lens? If I get some Lexan glass and dremel cutting disks could you cut out a piece for me?
No it's custom, I made it myself. Doing what I did means never going back though. I'd have to buy a new front bumper if I wanted it OEM looking again.

I don't have the dimensions but they aren't really needed. I got my shape by unscrewing the fog light assembly from the bumper, flipping it upside down onto the lexan, using a sharpie to outline it, then cut it with the dremel and roughly sand it down around the edges. I never bothered to perfectly shape it into an oval with smooth edges since you don't even see it after it's installed. I got the rough shape down, sanded it so that it was at least smooth without any jagged edges and installed. When you remove the assembly, don't take out the bolts holding the entire housing, just remove the 3 or so screws so that you take out the assembly. Otherwise you'll have to re-aim the lights afterwards.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Aren

Come
Give me half the money for these coils so i dont sell em and text me 780 966 0839
Old 01-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Instructor

Name:  43iUW752.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  49.7 KB

took off my roof spoiler, think i like it better without one.
gonna put on a black antenna next time i go back to edmonton to give it a cleaner look
Old 01-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Intermediate

took off my roof spoiler, think i like it better without one.
gonna put on a black antenna next time i go back to edmonton to give it a cleaner look
Yup, that's what I'm going for too haha.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spotted a white TL with the ugliest fogs tonight on 66 st and 167 avenue. Person had a white TL with red fogs.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Jriddle8
Spotted a white TL with the ugliest fogs tonight on 66 st and 167 avenue. Person had a white TL with red fogs.
Not only ugly, that's both stupid and illegal.

Not everyone can have good taste; if they did, there'd be no such thing as "reality television".
Old 01-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Instructor

Name:  xviLj4Gq.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  48.1 KB

liking the 4th more and more everyday
Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
where is that

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's