Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EdmTSX

Lexan glass replaces the oem fog's glass
where would I get this lexan glass?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Jriddle8
would this work with fogs that have rock chips. my drivers side has a massive chip. and my passenger side has a light chip.
Yeah it will. You have to smash the oem glass and clean it all out. Then place the lexan on and use a sealant. A lot of DIY's use silicone paste but I used butyl rubber sealant (used for re-sealing headlights). Haven't had any problems with condensation and only had to wait around 30 minutes for it to seal. It has probably been ~2 years by now and it's still holding up fine.

You can pick up a 8x11" sheet at Home Depot.

Originally Posted by ArenHam
@Vince - Damn I gotta try that, thanks for the idea Vince!
I think I was talking to sockpuppet before and I recommended the same thing but he mentioned how the 4G's fog lights are at a slight curve. Unless you can get someone to mold the lexan to fit the shape of the 4G fog light, it might not be feasible.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

My TL is Sold already, lasted about 3 weeks. Before selling I went and ordered an Isimple iPod integration kit, and the 3-4 shift pressure sensors for the transmission. Never installed any of this stuff and it's all brand new in boxes/bags. If someone wants them for a good price just hit me up. I paid 130$ for the simple and I'll give it away for 80$. The sensors were 115$ I will give them away for 75$.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Advanced

Isimple. what's the purpose of that? I'll take it.

how much is that lexan glass as well?
Old 09-05-2014, 03:36 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how much is that lexan glass as well?
Isimple allows you to play music through your ipod/iphone and charge it
Old 09-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
seeing alot of nice TL's around calgary but their forum section is so dead lol
Old 09-05-2014, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

It hooks up through your stock stereo to display ipod info and control the ipod through the stereo. Can run the ipod plug wherever you want to , usually the glovebox. Charges your i devices too.

Not sure I can PM yet. Just shoot me a text 780-nine one five-9513
Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Pro

Lexan:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/poly...14-inch/924858

The pressure sensors are good for preventative maintenance. I did mine a while back and felt the shifts became much smoother. Combine that with a 3x3 ATF drain and fill and shifting becomes even smoother.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Lexan:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/poly...14-inch/924858

The pressure sensors are good for preventative maintenance. I did mine a while back and felt the shifts became much smoother. Combine that with a 3x3 ATF drain and fill and shifting becomes even smoother.

Yup, last thing I wanted was to rebuild the trans in the car when the 3rd gear lets go. So I got the sensors as PM parts. Too cheap not to bother.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:52 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well it seems like winter is coming sooner then expected, anyone know of a good place to get winter tires at a good price asap?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Well it seems like winter is coming sooner then expected, anyone know of a good place to get winter tires at a good price asap?
i find costco has the best price for tires
Old 09-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe put together one last meet as well?
Old 09-08-2014, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

As always, order from 1010tires.com

If you're on 780tuners forum, Donovan from Fountain Tire downtown is a sponsor there. He will generally do pretty good at price matching. That's where I got my Blizzaks for my 335i. He price matched what I was going to get from 1010 and Tirerack.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I only have the front lip available.
Alright how much you want for it?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
^ Yea I am waiting for a price for my FX. I called Costco and they told me they don't have the right rating for winter tires for my car. They have the sizes just not the rating which means they won't install them or warranty them. So costco is out of the question
Old 09-08-2014, 11:27 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well my TSX kinda died...sounds like it spun a rod and now I'm getting rod knock... bringing it in to WSA to see how bad it is.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
that sucks man, hopefully it isn't what you think it is. If so, maybe a engine rebuild or swap/turbo would be nice
Old 09-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mr.dkain
alright how much you want for it?
$300
Old 09-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Intermediate

Hey guys,

This is gonna be my 3rd year doing Run for the Cure and was wondering if any of you guys would like to make a donation.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:04 PM
8th Gear

Havent posted in a while but anyone here comfortable opening up a headlight and resealing it for me? I got them modded a couple of summers ago and now the driver side headlight has condensation which evenutally got to the ballast and blew it.. So my driver side lowbeam no longer works. Really want to get this fixed before it gets even colder so im willing to pay someone to get this done on a weekend for me soon.. PM me!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$300
Alright well wholesalepartsguy just bailed out on me mid order so I believe ill take it. What side of the city are you on? And could you meet tmrw?
Old 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey I think I spotted Vince yesterday on 124st (I was in the black 4G TL)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mr.dkain
Alright well wholesalepartsguy just bailed out on me mid order so I believe ill take it. What side of the city are you on? And could you meet tmrw?
Replied to your PM. I won't be back in town until Sunday evening.

Hey I think I spotted Vince yesterday on 124st (I was in the black 4G TL)
Haha very likely. Were you parked on the side of the road? I saw a black 4G with a black grill and wheels. Don't think I've seen your 4G in person yet.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Intermediate

Selling some 07-08 WDP TL Type-S side skirts if anyone is interested. Also if anyone would like to donate to me for Run for the Cure here that would be great

Edmonton: Mr. David Chen - Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure
Old 09-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Pro

^ We are definitely neighbors one block apart from each other. I knew your sister back in high school. Didn't realize until I saw that link.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Intermediate

^ We are definitely neighbors one block apart from each other. I knew your sister back in high school. Didn't realize until I saw that link.
Oh damn so that KBP is yours, small world dude, I remember you.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Pro

Haha yeah. I haven't been on the forums much lately so had no idea what was going on.

On a side note, does anyone know of someone looking to sell a Toyota 4Runner 2001-2002 Limited in green, red, or black? I know it's a very limited search but it's what I'm looking at picking up.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Haha yeah. I haven't been on the forums much lately so had no idea what was going on.

On a side note, does anyone know of someone looking to sell a Toyota 4Runner 2001-2002 Limited in green, red, or black? I know it's a very limited search but it's what I'm looking at picking up.
How you been man? I heard you're in detailing, would you also know how to vinyl wrap roofs? I've been thinking of getting it done on mine. Also would you be able to cut out some Lexan glass for me and Jriddle8? Each of our fogs cracked and we don't have anything to cut the Lexan with lol.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Pro

Yeah I went a bit crazy with it for a while but have since slowed down. Mainly down to maintaining all the cars at home and doing side jobs here and there.

Nah never wrapped a roof. Done a bunch of pieces all over for the interior and the grille but never got around to doing that. I had considered CF or gloss black but probably will just leave it.

Yeah I could do that. Just need the glass and the imprint of the fog light. You can do that by removing the fog light from the bumper and tracing the surround with a sharpie onto the lexan. I also need some dremel cutting disks. The ones I have are worn out. Keep in mind you'll have to re-aim the fog lights after you remove them from the bumper. Especially if you have HIDs in there, you don't want them pointed up to the sky and blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Yeah I could do that. Just need the glass and the imprint of the fog light. You can do that by removing the fog light from the bumper and tracing the surround with a sharpie onto the lexan. I also need some dremel cutting disks. The ones I have are worn out. Keep in mind you'll have to re-aim the fog lights after you remove them from the bumper. Especially if you have HIDs in there, you don't want them pointed up to the sky and blinding oncoming traffic.
How much work is this for you? I've been meaning to ask my neighbour if he'd be interested in helping these guys out for a couple of bucks. He's got this high-end laser cutter that would cut the lexan in no time (and to exact specs). I saw him using it to cut lexan into little cubes once, just for practice. I was going to have him cut me some lenses, but the 4G fog lens is, as you've noted, curved.

If you're happy to do this, I won't bother asking him. If not, if anyone needs this, I can ask him, but he may not be interested. If he were offered a few bucks, it might entice, but who knows. Either way, I have no margin in it, though I really wish I could get him to cut some for me.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Advanced

I'd be willing to pay for some one to cut my glass if need be me and david are both interested, but how hard would it be to reinstall those lenses and re aim the lights.

This method is for sure cheaper then buying another set of fog housings which are 300+

Last edited by Jriddle8; 09-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
How much work is this for you? I've been meaning to ask my neighbour if he'd be interested in helping these guys out for a couple of bucks. He's got this high-end laser cutter that would cut the lexan in no time (and to exact specs). I saw him using it to cut lexan into little cubes once, just for practice. I was going to have him cut me some lenses, but the 4G fog lens is, as you've noted, curved.

If you're happy to do this, I won't bother asking him. If not, if anyone needs this, I can ask him, but he may not be interested. If he were offered a few bucks, it might entice, but who knows. Either way, I have no margin in it, though I really wish I could get him to cut some for me.
Since he has a laser cutter, his replacement lens would be an exact fit and look much cleaner. While my version isn't as tidy, it gets the job done. To me it didn't matter since the edges are completely hidden and you'll never see them again unless for some reason you need to remove the fog light itself from the lower bumper. Ever since I've done mine over 2 years ago, I've never found the need to remove it. But speaking of which, I'll probably be taking mine out in the next few days. I'll be going a bit ricer and installing yellow film tint on them. My 6K hid bulbs blew and I had an extra pair of 3K hid bulbs I ordered way back. Figured why not utilize them and in order to get a true yellow output along with seeing yellow when you look dead on, I'll have the 3K bulbs along with yellow tint.

What I did for mine was take out the fog light assembly, place it face down on a sheet of lexan, use a sharpie to make an outline, cut with my dremel, sand the jagged edges with my dremel, and finally do some hand sanding to smooth it out a bit further. As I mentioned, nowhere near perfect but it's something that gets hidden away the moment it's installed. It was a while since I did it so I don't exactly remember how long it took. I'm guessing maybe an hour to do 2 lenses since the first lens was a shot in the dark.

I'd be willing to pay for some one to cut my glass if need be me and david are both interested, but how hard would it be to reinstall those lenses and re aim the lights.

This method is for sure cheaper then buying another set of fog housings which are 300+
Lenses are basic to install. Use an appropriate sealant and clamp it down so that it stays in place and the sealant bonds like the picture I posted not too long ago. Aiming involves adjusting one screw to raise or lower the housing. Since I have HIDs in them and the fogs don't have the proper projectors, light gets sprayed everywhere so I aimed it as low down as it would let me. It leads to a small gap at the bottom of the light between the plastic shrouding but it hasn't led to any complications for me.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

... I'll be going a bit ricer and installing yellow film tint on them.
Oh. Yellow is rice? I have some yellow Lamin-x films for my fogs that I actually tried to put on Sunday, but it was late in the day, and I couldn't figure out how to cleanly apply while the fog is mounted, as I'll have to get the film under the edge of the bezel.

I went yellow specifically to dissuade myself from using the fog "just because", and limit it to times when I actually need the extra light.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Oh. Yellow is rice? I have some yellow Lamin-x films for my fogs that I actually tried to put on Sunday, but it was late in the day, and I couldn't figure out how to cleanly apply while the fog is mounted, as I'll have to get the film under the edge of the bezel.

I went yellow specifically to dissuade myself from using the fog "just because", and limit it to times when I actually need the extra light.
Haha well IMO it is.

Yeah the problem you describe if why I would need to remove my fog light from the housing so I can apply my film to it properly. Otherwise I'd be stuck trying to wedge the film to the edges that I can't see. I imagine that would turn out horribly.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Haha well IMO it is.

Yeah the problem you describe if why I would need to remove my fog light from the housing so I can apply my film to it properly. Otherwise I'd be stuck trying to wedge the film to the edges that I can't see. I imagine that would turn out horribly.
Well now I'm confused: I'm old and white. Is this the beginning of a whole new brand of "rice"?
Old 09-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Instructor

i've alway thought of yellow fogs as rice for as long as i can remember,
nothing wrong with it tho, i like it on certain cars.

i have my fogs on everytime i have lowbeams on, i dont think i get much more light output tbh
Old 09-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Pro

I applied the yellow film yesterday by taking the assembly out. Realized I didn't have to fully take it out, just took off the 3 screws holding it to the bumper so at least I didn't have to re-aim it after applying. Makes the fogs a bit more yellow so that's all I was really going for. It's less blinding looking at it head on as well so at least it's more friendly for oncoming traffic.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Advanced

How's it look tho? buddy gave me some yellow film that I'm going to apply to my fogs for the time being while I fix the lenses
Old 09-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Who wants to call acura in china for me
800 810 8856

Last edited by jbond2099; 09-29-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: MORE INFO
Old 09-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Pro

How's it look tho? buddy gave me some yellow film that I'm going to apply to my fogs for the time being while I fix the lenses
Quick photo

Name:  20140929_165530_zps69bf4172.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  71.1 KB

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's