Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello and welcome to the Forums Simon. I swear the ILX is growing on me, . So much lighter than my TSX. Why so much for parking though?

On the subject of fog lights, i have to replace both of mine since they've been cracked since i got the car. Been to lazy to do it but its putting a ( not sure the term for it ) but a burn spot which prevents it from being bright.

By the way, we should do like a small BBQ or somethin on the next meet and/or cruise. Just throwing out idea's .
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Simon - Welcome to the forums! I've driven the ILX and I don't mind it either, tho it is quite small inside. 15K for a parking stall is crazy lol. I like what you did with you previous cars!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome Simon!

That s2k.. yum..

Haha I hear you on the side mirrors. Are yours tinted a light shade of blue? Mine were from factory since it's supposed to help but it's still blinding when I have lifted trucks behind me with their hids in the wrong housings.

Yeah contact acktl. Quite a few of us have ordered a-spec kits from him and had it delivered straight to our door.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Most of you have likely already figured this out, but avoid Argyll Rd. at all costs, especially between 99 Street and 106 Street. Got to be the worst potholes in the city. I wouldn't drive it in a Hummer.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
That's just how much it is for an indoor heated parking space at my condo... crazy!

Sadly the ILX doesn't come with blue tinted side mirrors. I wish!

Anyways Thanks for the welcome and I contacted acktl and he supplied me with an awesome price (compared to OEM)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Most of you have likely already figured this out, but avoid Argyll Rd. at all costs, especially between 99 Street and 106 Street. Got to be the worst potholes in the city. I wouldn't drive it in a Hummer.
i hit a beauty today on my home from work, bent on both sides

pulled over in res, after i noticed i went from 230kpa to 76kpa, attempted to drive to a tire place down the road, bad idea as the ruts in res kept me stuck on this flat and the car lowered so much all i heard was scrap
but the shop let me use their lift and swapped my spare on free of charge after he originally told me $15, nice guy!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Pro

^Yikes that sucks. You can try and get a bit of compensation back from the city if the pot hole you hit hasn't been reported in the past 72 hours.

Everyday driving down 153rd ave is a gong show. I should have gone with Tein coils instead
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Cruisin'

^^Youch that sucks man!

@ Simon, Welcome and congrats on the ILX. Seen a few in person at Acura this week and they're sharp looking cars. Judging from your past rides, I can't wait to see how your ILX will turn out!

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
I gotta drive that way home from work everyday. Thankfully they've started to fill some of them, but that road has been bad for the last 5+ years... IMO the whole road needs to be ripped up & re-paved.

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
@Silence - Looks good! I'm not sure if it's the angle of the shot but it looks like there is still around 2 inches of gap. How much wheel gap does it have stock?
Musta been the angle, and the fact only 3/4 of the suspension was installed. I just got it back from the shop and all the suspension is installed. Can't wait till it settles and levels out, but here's how she sits now:

Before:

After:

Yes it can go lower, but I'm happy with how it looks and rides. Gonna put it all back together this weekend, and maybe do a test fit of the 18's if I have time just to see how it looks.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Pro

Yeah definitely was the angle. Looks much better! I have my worries lowering my car back down for May. So many potholes, potholes everywhere...
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Instructor

i didnt scroll all the way and looked at the before pic for the longest time looking for the drop haha.

was on whyte and creeping on a certain someone lol

Old 03-09-2013, 03:21 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm scared to lower my car with all these nasty potholes and bumps all over the city.

By the way I fucking hate photo radar, I've gotten like 3 in the past month which is retarded.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Originally Posted by ArenHam
I'm scared to lower my car with all these nasty potholes and bumps all over the city.

By the way I fucking hate photo radar, I've gotten like 3 in the past month which is retarded.
I'm lowered and it's fine, I've dodged the potholes so far lol. You should invest in a radar detector! It's worth it haha
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Hahah niice! You can see the chunk of paint missing from my rim! Blown off in the car wash :P.

Man those yellow fogs look tacky.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Pro

That's why I'll wait until early to mid May until mine gets lowered back down. At least that gives a fair amount of time to the city to get a better portion of the major potholes filled up.

Lol try not to speed so much? I always see them in similar locations so it's nothing new to slow down when I actively look for and spot them. I've used a radar detector quite a few times and it's really a hit or miss. Sometimes when I spot a truck I know to slow down but the detector doesn't start to beep until I'm literally beside the truck. Other times it's helpful but gives random false alarms. Signals always get picked up from road signs and nearby malls. This is based off of using the passport 9500ix model. I don't find them revolutionary pieces of equipment so I'll invest my money elsewhere.

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
I'm lowered and it's fine, I've dodged the potholes so far lol. You should invest in a radar detector! It's worth it haha
Lol where do you drive dude? For some roads such as 75th st, it's brutal. You can't simply dodge a pothole, you choose which pothole you rather hit. The slightly smaller ones or the gigantic ones that will wreak havoc.

Originally Posted by Darkness.
Hahah niice! You can see the chunk of paint missing from my rim! Blown off in the car wash :P.

Man those yellow fogs look tacky.
Indeed, that yellow clashes with the amber. Too many colors going on for that front end.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
TL Owner

Screw it, I'm just gonna do it then. Gonna order some coilovers.

What coils do you guys run? I was thinking of Tein SS'
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Intermediate

Ahh!! Dont do it, im on stock height and already cracked my lower front bumper. Cant remember how to post pictures so facebook is all i got for now. Hit a beauty, but lucked out by denting anything although i bottomed out the suspension. Didnt think that was possible til then.

Lookin like a baller Jordan, haha. .

So how is everyone? Besides the shitty roads for the most part.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
TL Owner

Originally Posted by PO_TSX19
Ahh!! Dont do it, im on stock height and already cracked my lower front bumper. Cant remember how to post pictures so facebook is all i got for now. Hit a beauty, but lucked out by denting anything although i bottomed out the suspension. Didnt think that was possible til then.

Haha too late just placed my order for some Tein Street Basis coils, but I probably wont get them installed until all the snow is gone.
Everything is going pretty good, the sun is out more often now it seems like its going to be a good summer!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Instructor

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ464062826

its like brand new...
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Vince - haha my daily commute consists of ellerslie road, gateway blvd, calgary trail, 23rd ave and 111st. So it's not too bad on those roads.

@Aren- Nice pick up man! Can't wait to see it lowered.

@Quyen - You bottom out cause the stock suspension is too soft meaning it needs some coils and a drop :P hahah

@Tai - That is one low KM TL..very nice.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Pro

@Aaron - Nice those coils have gotten good reviews. Getting wheels as well?

@Tai - That's nuts. Wonder what other cars the owner has to let the TL sit around like that. Not sure what he means by the dealer not seeing a type-s on their lot in 2 years. Must not be referring to Acura dealerships because they have been getting used type-s's quite frequently and sell them quick too.

@Jeff - Lol come venture into the north side...
Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Pro

Can't tell if this person is trolling but if it's legit, that is an incredible deal.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ464119663
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Instructor

@Vince
i dunno, people like to but things in there ads to make the cars sound more better and attractive, i look up TL ads all the time and always see things that people like to lie about lol. This one ad said how the TL is awesome on gas, made me lol
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by you8myrice
@Vince
i dunno, people like to but things in there ads to make the cars sound more better and attractive, i look up TL ads all the time and always see things that people like to lie about lol. This one ad said how the TL is awesome on gas, made me lol
Agreed. The 2008 seems a bit odd, as the seller claims to be in Calgary, and to have had the car since it rolled off the truck (19 miles), but it must be a US model (thus the reference to miles).

On the the first TL ads I looked at was for a 2010 TL SH-AWD, Tech, manual transmission. Really low mileage, and a decent price. Seller was selling out of Victoria, as he had been transferred there, but was canvassing the Edmonton market, as we could more readily appreciate the AWD.

Warning bells went off when he wanted to charge me HST. He claimed that he was told that he had to collect HST in BC. (Turns out that BC residents do pay a tax equal to the HST, even on private sales, but at time of registration, and they pay at the registry office, not to the seller). I told him I wasn't registering it in BC, so it was not a worry. But he insisted.

So I looked a bit further; turns out he was working at a dealership (Kia, if I remember correctly), and so would have known all about how the tax was treated. That's when I clued in that he was likely picking cars up at dealer auctions, and then curbing (which is why he was trying to sell in Alberta...any BC resident would know they had to pay tax at point of registration, but he might just fool an Albertan into bumping up his price with "tax").

I put no faith in what is written in an ad.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
TL Owner

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Can't tell if this person is trolling but if it's legit, that is an incredible deal.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ464119663
Seems to good to be true.....

@you8myrice - Eh the TL isn't that bad on gas, I get about a decent 430-50 kms/tank depending on how hard I drive.

Nah I'm probably going to stick with my stock 17's, I like the stocks for some odd reason :S. Probably going to get some spacers though.

Just spent $700 in new brake rotors and pads...its going to be expensive spring/summer.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by PO_TSX19

Thanks! I don't regret dropping mine one bit! I scrapped a bit only when I slipped the side of my car of some ice and into a puddle in my back alley... with a little careful driving its fine. Not sure how it'll work when I get my lip kit (thinking Mugen front and rear, A Spec sides) ordered and installed, but whatever lol.

So tempted to leave these on, too bad its cold and supposed to snow.

Also ordered a bunch of stickers, among them is this gem:

Last edited by Silence*; 03-13-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Seems to good to be true.....

@you8myrice - Eh the TL isn't that bad on gas, I get about a decent 430-50 kms/tank depending on how hard I drive.

Nah I'm probably going to stick with my stock 17's, I like the stocks for some odd reason :S. Probably going to get some spacers though.

Just spent $700 in new brake rotors and pads...its going to be expensive spring/summer.
i get around 400km a tank in winter if i'm lucky, about 450ish in summer.
love highway driving tho, drive for 600+ when its all highway
Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
TL Owner

I'm also gonna load up on stickers soon. Gonna order some hipster/ghetto stickers to add some horse power to the TL
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Jordan - RSX looking good! Shows how much a drop and wheels can make a car look better. Time for the lip kit!

@Aaron - Stocks are fine for now but you will succumb to nicer and larger wheels soon come summer time haha

haha i get around 450-500 in my TSX but my hondata reflash makes me want to redline to the speed limit all the time lol..
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Pro

@Sean - Lol that's not in the least bit shady. Good thing you steered clear of that.

@Aaron - Keep in mind Tai and I have type-s's, so we're running the RL's engine. I don't crack 400km a tank if I'm doing all city driving in the winter. Once you factor in some Henday driving it gets a bit better.

Haha I hate my stock winter wheels. I would much prefer to use my type-s wheels for winter and have a nice set of aftermarket summer wheels but the budget isn't there.

@Tai - Indeed highway driving is awesome. Drive to Calgary and only use about half a tank

@Jordan - Drop and wheels looking good! Any plans for window tint?

@Jeff - What are some of the known/common issues for the 1G TSX? Might be looking at getting one as a replacement for the totalled CR-V.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Intermediate

Hey guess what i found. More love for the 4th Gen TL. I dont know if anyone's seen this yet, but it looks baller, haha.
http://seriousinnovations.com/the-white-supremacy/
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Random pic of the day.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Vince - There are 2 different 1st Gen TSX, 04-05 and 06-08. The newer model fixes a few problems, some common issues in the 1st gen are the inner axle joints, mainly the passenger side. Basically from any speed between 60km/h to 120km/h you will feel steering wheel vibrations and shaking which can get pretty uncomfortable, this can be easily fixed with a new set of inner axles joints from heeltoeauto. I had mine fixed and its all good now. Some have AC failing, no issues with mine so far. That's all I can think of so far lol
Old 03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Just bought 6 of those RDX caliper covers from the dealer for $17.89, guess the prices for those only went up in the states, we finally win at something lol.
the guy said he was mind blown at how low the cost was and said he's gonna get them for his teg now
Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Pro

@Jeff- Haha alright thanks for the info.

@Tai - Damn serious? I bought them from acktl when I got my a-spec kit and they were something like $17/piece. Who would have known that prices didn't go up here. Lol why do you need 6?

@Sanjay - Those type-s tails on the NBP make a world of a difference. Haha btw I still have your rdx brake calipers.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Instructor

@Vince
i just stopped by Westside to see the price, was expecting to pay ~$15 each, wasnt gonna get them if they were more but after about 15mins of explaining to the guy what it was, looking at the diagram twice and showing him them on the showroom model, we figured out the part number and it came up to $2.98, since they were so cheap i grabbed another 4 too see if i could get them to fit on my dads mdx, if not than i'll just have them laying around my room i guess
Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Instructor

also Vince, what did you use to put your roof spoiler on? mines sitting in my room since the rear windshield got replaced, i bought JB wield but not too sure if i wanna take that to my windshield or not lol
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Tai - I'm using 3M double side tape for mine its been holding up alright through winter too.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
This snow is bullshit
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Instructor

Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by you8myrice
also Vince, what did you use to put your roof spoiler on? mines sitting in my room since the rear windshield got replaced, i bought JB wield but not too sure if i wanna take that to my windshield or not lol
I ripped mine off since it was coming loose on one end. I had secured it with the provided 2 strips of 3M tape and the adhesive. It didn't hold very well so I took it off as a precaution in case it flew off while I was driving. I'll re-install it this spring, but with window weld this time. I read a thread or two where members used window weld.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's