Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, its not to say that dmd is TOTALLY bad, but generally, i'm unsatisfied with their level of service

the first time i took my car there is when all of a sudden, my front passenger power seat stopped working.. some girl was in my car, leaning back, when all of a sudden, she asked if i locked the chairs. Strange, i thought, cuz i never knew of such a thing. anyways, i laughed at her, thinking she was trying to scare me that my chairs were broken. so when she left, i went to move it back up, and it just ignored me! it would move forward and back, just not recline or come back up. it was stuck in the down position, meaning i just lost 2 seats in my car, and of course is a big hassle.

i took it to mcdavid to fix the power seat, and also to replace the wrinkled door trim that was on my car. they gave me a 2001 integra, and although i didnt like the integra, it was at least, still an acura. they fixed the seats under warranty of course, and had the body shop replace my door trim. it looks great now, except, i noticed its not exactly smooth when i run my fingers over it (one side sticks up slightly higher than the other.) well, that wont bother me much, since you cant tell unless you run your finger over it, but the thing is, i think i hear more wind noise when i'm on the highway.

That was back when it was really cold, and i didnt open my windows, but one day (about a week after i got my car back) i was at the drive-through at the bank, and used the one-touch window down. Well, it only went down an inch, so i thought, maybe i just didnt push it enough. I pressed it all the way down, and released it, only to find my window went down just another inch. so finally, i held it down, and it went all the way down. Dropped my money into the slot, and clicked my window up. Again, the one touch didnt work, as it only went one inch up. Freezing my hands off, i just thought, fine, i'll hold it all the way, and play with it later.

When i got home, i remembered i just had the power seat replaced by dmd, and *maybe* it had something to do with that. So the next day, i brought it in, and guess what? it worked! each time i pressed the one touch button, it worked fine. So there i was, at the dealership, looking like a complete fool. The service advisor told me, "if it isnt broken, we cant fix it." Thats when i mentioned the squeak from my sunroof, and they had one of their managers take a ride with me. He heard the noise, and when we got back to the service desk, he typed it into the computer. Then he told me that they're "very busy" and wouldnt have it done that day (it was 11am). So I asked for a rental, and thats when they said they were all out. He recommended i set up an appointment for the following Monday (this was a thursday), when their rentals would be available, and they would have time to fix my sunroof. So i did, and i waited till after the weekend for them to service my car. This is where i had a horrible experience with them. When i brought in the car on monday, they told me that all their rentals were gone, and put me through enterprise and the whole crap. Now, as i recall, i had an appointment. If this is how they treat people with appointments, whats the point of having one?

Current total: 1 good, 1 so/so, 1 horrible experience there
good: they replaced my power seat (which in my opinion, should have broken in the first place)
so/so: they fixed my door trim, but now makes my car noisier
horrible: the sunroof, and the whole deal with enterprise

As you can see, i'm not very happy with mcdavid.
Anyways, sorry about the long post, and thanks for hearing me vent.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:52 PM
Instructor

P.S. To this day, my one-touch windows has always worked, so maybe that was some sort of fluke, which still, isnt something i expect of Acura.

P.P.S. Come to think of it, i'm even more mad now that i think about it, being how they called the squeak "normal" and i already had a manager ride with me, agreeing he heard the unusual sound. Grrrr, i think i should go back and complain, but i'm thinking it will get me nowhere, as past experience has shown.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:58 PM
SHIFT_god

Just so that we can organize this meet, email me at csim@irvingtool.com (mon-thurs) or yabais@attbi.com (fri-sun) to let me know if you're comin and i'm shootin for around 4:00 pm or so, so that we have time to BS and then go eat.

thanx!
Old 01-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I just got a message from Tim at Autocarparts.com

He says my Zeals won't be in the States until February 20th.

That seems sooooo freakin' far away.

This sucks.

...and reading this post on the TL boards didn't make it any better

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...highlight=zeal

Ohh the agony!
Old 01-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Random Flasher!

Well guys its offical, my tranny is on order and i should get it back by wed of next week
They think is the torque converter inside the tranny that isnt disengaging. Also, the service guy and the service manager at the dealership asked me if i had done anything else to the car besides the intake and i said no. He said cause my car is more responsive and quicker than normal. They said they test drove three brand new cls and those arent as fast as mine, they think something else is done to the car, but i wouldnt know cause i dont know what the other guy that owned it before me did to it if anything. They said it is more responsive than the others and breaks the tires loose alot more than a normal one i guess. Does anyone know anything about the aftermarket pulleys they have for my car? I'm starting to wonder if my car has aftermarket pulleys on it. I know that AEM makes them. Oh well
Old 01-17-2002, 08:24 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Hanzie
Well guys its offical, my tranny is on order and i should get it back by wed of next week
They think is the torque converter inside the tranny that isnt disengaging. Also, the service guy and the service manager at the dealership asked me if i had done anything else to the car besides the intake and i said no. He said cause my car is more responsive and quicker than normal. They said they test drove three brand new cls and those arent as fast as mine, they think something else is done to the car, but i wouldnt know cause i dont know what the other guy that owned it before me did to it if anything. They said it is more responsive than the others and breaks the tires loose alot more than a normal one i guess. Does anyone know anything about the aftermarket pulleys they have for my car? I'm starting to wonder if my car has aftermarket pulleys on it. I know that AEM makes them. Oh well
Just make sure you have your car back before the next meet. I wanna race you to see what she does. :-)

BTW - I've still been running like crazy and working 12-14hr days off and on. So I hope to get back out here on a more regular basis.

And just got back in town late last night. Missed my baby and took her out tonight for a quick spin and promtly kicked a guy in a Z28's butt. Both from a standing start and from 50MPH. Okay, I barely beat him, but it was great anyway. At the next light he was pissed and wanted another shot, but I turned. :-)

Still stock and hoping the moneys better this year so I can get a few mods.

PS: Feb 10th should be fine, but I can never plan out that far with everything else I've got going on.

RUF
Old 01-17-2002, 11:14 PM
SHIFT_god

hey thanx ruf, just glad to hear that you can still spend some "quality" time with your car.

Hanzie, good to hear that your car will be fixed before the meet, can't wait to have a little fun afterwards.........
Old 01-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Instructor

count me in too. i would love to have a run at hanzie and his 'mystery mod'....
Old 01-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Random Flasher!

ok guys, I'M not saying that my car is faster than anyone elses, the service guy and the manager is saying that. Oh well, we will see, i'm not sure if sarah and i can make it, but will let you guys know soon. Did anyone else that put the AEM intake, notice that it really took away from the low end?
Old 01-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Lead Footed

ok guys, I'M not saying that my car is faster than anyone elses, the service guy and the manager is saying that.
Hey, it might be. Not all cars are created equal from the factory, and that is the truth. I'm just curious to see if how we all stack up. And if you got a fast one then I'll just have to be jealous.

RUF
Old 01-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Random Flasher!

I just talked to a friend about my tranny, he said that if the torque converter is actually sticking and not disengaging the way it is suppose to, that will cause the more responsive and more breaking loose of the tires. So, with that in mind, by my tranny getting replaced, i guess i'm loosing my unknown mod which is now known as a sticky torque converter heh.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:49 PM
Advanced

Does anyone in the Dallas area have a first generation CL? My car is a little slow compared to the new ones...
Old 01-21-2002, 07:28 AM
SHIFT_god

I personally don't know anyone on these forums with one in the Dallas area, but you're welcome to come to the meet and see just how you compare...........

--- BTW ---
I have a direct confirmation from RUF, Eman, DuckBlue, Mantis, PlanoTLS, Rootbeer. Hanzie, i'm assuming you're in and same with you SAY22CL. This could turn out to be a pretty bad ass meet. woohoo
Old 01-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey, what about that one guy who had a 1st Gen CL with NOS? He said he was getting rid of the car b/c it wasn't meant for racing. I think his name was Jacobzking or something.

Hey Jacob(if that is your name), if you haven't sold that car, you should come to the meet too. =)

If you did sell the car, then you're not welcome!
(just kiddin'):P

Come on out if you're still around dude.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:34 PM
SHIFT_god

He's still around and I think he still may have the CL. He's workin on a early 90's Nissan 240sx as a project car. I chat with him every now and then on AOL Istant Messenger.

I've copy/pasted the link to this thread to him a few times, but i haven't gotten a response. I'll keep trying. Oh, and yes his name is Jacob and his AIM sn is also Jacobzking.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Random Flasher!

OK, i offically hate Mac Churchill in Fort Worth. I just got my car back from the dealer and got a new tranny. That part is great cause they gave me a new tranny and in less time than they said. The horrible part is, they put a huge F****** Dent in my fender and said they didn't do it. Also, when Sarah got her car back, there were 5 long scratches on her trunk, and again they said they didnt do it. Well, i wouldn't put up with that shit. I went there and bitched them out. They popped my dent out for me, and said to bring sarahs car up there so they can buff it out, i said no thanks, you'll probably put more scratches than get rid of. They do not respect customers cars, so future warning, i wouldnt take your car there, cause they will either scratch it or put a huge dent in it. Literally, it looked like someone kicked my fender or punched it.

Old 01-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Instructor

whoa, all i can say is.. aint that some shyt, and thx for the warning
Old 01-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, man that does suck ass. Sorry to hear about it. I hate every frigging door ding I get... but having it done by the dealer must really suck...

Ohh, and by the way, On Board Diagnostics II Rocks ass... Me and a buddy of mine who owns a totaled WRX got it running in the CL-S today...
http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/acura.htm

Some of the larger pics are fucked up, but I'll fix them tomorrow ( Jan 23rd), which happens to be my B-Day.:P
Old 01-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Random Flasher!

well happy birthday mantis, how old are you gonna be?
Old 01-22-2002, 10:28 PM
Random Flasher!

wow, that site is kinda slow eh?
Old 01-23-2002, 07:06 AM
Moderator Alumnus

well happy birthday mantis, how old are you gonna be?
I'll be 24 on my b-day.

Yeah, out server needs a reboot. Its all fucked up, and I didn't have the time yesterday.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:07 PM
SHIFT_god

Happy B-Day dude........

We'll tell the ppl at Cheddars that Feb 10 is your B-Day so that we can all celebrate it at the same time...... hahahaha

:=)
Old 01-25-2002, 09:51 AM
Instructor

yyuuuuummmmmm............cheddars.............
Old 01-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Random Flasher!

Did anyone with a Cold Air Intake notice a drop in torque in the low end? Or is it just me? err my car i should say i guess. I debating whether to put the stock intake back on, cause i kinda liked the low end torque better for stop light racing. I know its suppose to add little, in the top end but i'm not feeling it.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Lead Footed

OK, i offically hate Mac Churchill in Fort Worth. I just got my car back from the dealer and got a new tranny. That part is great cause they gave me a new tranny and in less time than they said. The horrible part is, they put a huge F****** Dent in my fender and said they didn't do it. Also, when Sarah got her car back, there were 5 long scratches on her trunk, and again they said they didnt do it. Well, i wouldn't put up with that shit. I went there and bitched them out. They popped my dent out for me, and said to bring sarahs car up there so they can buff it out, i said no thanks, you'll probably put more scratches than get rid of. They do not respect customers cars, so future warning, i wouldnt take your car there, cause they will either scratch it or put a huge dent in it. Literally, it looked like someone kicked my fender or punched it.

Boy that REALLY SUCKS! I can relate, sort of. Just got my first ding last week. Made me sick at my stomach.

I can't understand why people just don't care enough to take the little bit of effort and hold on to their doors when the open them. And then there are the real @$$h0!$ that can't park worth a $&!T !!.

RUF -
Old 01-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by CasperTL
Happy B-Day dude........

We'll tell the ppl at Cheddars that Feb 10 is your B-Day so that we can all celebrate it at the same time...... hahahaha

:=)

Don't they make you do the Chicken Dance there?

Anway, Happy Birthday you young punk. :P

Signed,
Old Fart

Since I'll be the reverse of your numbers, as in 42 this year.

RUF
Old 01-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Instructor

RUF, for about $40 I know a place that can take that ding out and it'll look brand new. I've had 3 dings pulled already and I cant even tell where they were. The place is called Dent Tech. Its on the South-West corner of Plano Parkway and Coit. Definitely recommend them!
Old 01-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by RUF87

Don't they make you do the Chicken Dance there?

Anway, Happy Birthday you young punk. :P

Signed,
Old Fart

Since I'll be the reverse of your numbers, as in 42 this year.

RUF
I don't know if they make you do the chicken dance @ cheddar's, but I had to do the mickey mouse dance at bennigan's. Boy did that suck ass. :o
Old 01-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by DuckBlue
yyuuuuummmmmm............cheddars.............

feels funny for quoting myself... but just for the record, i didnt exactly say that..

apparently, i left myself logged in, while i was at CasperTL's house, and didnt find out until he forwarded me the email notification of myself making a post (which i found rather confusing.) so i see he took the liberty of making me look like a fool haha

oh, and the main reason for my post..
happy [belated] bday mantis
Old 01-26-2002, 02:47 AM
Instructor

first off, if you want fun on a b-day, go to hooters........
they make you either jump a jump rope while they sing happy birthday or make you spin a hoola-hoop........... that was fun

and mantis isn't that young, seein as how DuckBlue and I are only 19 and we'll both be turning 20 just this year........
Old 01-26-2002, 02:50 AM
SHIFT_god

oops, sorry guys, i accidently left DuckBlue logged in, so that last post was actually from me.......... hehe, sorry
Old 01-26-2002, 02:52 AM
Instructor

ok Casper, this is no longer funny

i guess you, little kid, should settle down now.. isnt it past your bedtime?
Old 01-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Moderator Alumnus

and mantis isn't that young, seein as how DuckBlue and I are only 19 and we'll both be turning 20 just this year........
You Young Punks!
j/k :P
Old 01-26-2002, 06:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Well boys, chalk up another Zaino believer. I went through the whole process today. Took me about 6 hours but, daaayum the car feels silky smooth! I wasn't completly done by the time the sun went down, so I couldn't take pics. But You can bet your buns I'm taking some tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2002, 07:53 PM
Instructor

yup.. this zaino stuff is soooooo smooth

when i was buying it from the horsepower store, there was a guy next to me, and seeing how i had spent like $50 on polishing products, he asked the guy at the counter if it was any good.. his response: yeah, its like a cult, people who buy this swear by it. i thought it sounded a bit extreme, but man, now i'm hooked

i remember one thread about zaino was pretty funny:

daryl: i cant stop rubbing on the car

lawman: i think i'll splash on some of that Zaino stuff and see if it has the same effect on my wife.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Random Flasher!

Hey eman,
I know those guys at Dent Tech, i (occasionally) work next door at Alta Mere and tint windows hehe (i'm considered a seasonal worker there) They are really cool guys, next time any of you are there, ask for Lopez in a real mexicany way (inside joke), just kidding, dont cause they wont understand how you know that.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

yup.. this zaino stuff is soooooo smooth

i remember one thread about zaino was pretty funny:

daryl: i cant stop rubbing on the car

lawman: i think i'll splash on some of that Zaino stuff and see if it has the same effect on my wife.
ROTFL! That's freakin' hilarious.

I can't stop rubbing my car either.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Few pics of Newbie Zaino results. I did Dawn, z18, z7, z1, z2, z6 These pics avg 240K in size; modem users, you have been warned.... I wish I had a better digicam

http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/images/zaino1.jpg
http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/images/zaino2.jpg
http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/images/zaino3.jpg
http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/images/zaino4.jpg
http://www.thefiresauce.com/Mantis/images/zaino5.jpg
Old 01-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by eman
RUF, for about $40 I know a place that can take that ding out and it'll look brand new. I've had 3 dings pulled already and I cant even tell where they were. The place is called Dent Tech. Its on the South-West corner of Plano Parkway and Coit. Definitely recommend them!
Thanks EMAN -

It's small, but I know it's there and see it all the time.

RUF
Old 01-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Lead Footed

first off, if you want fun on a b-day, go to hooters........
they make you either jump a jump rope while they sing happy birthday or make you spin a hoola-hoop........... that was fun

19, 20???

What are you guys talking about. Age??? Kids, can't get any respect anymore. ;(

Quick Reply: Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)