AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
But, I don't see where the hell they get the idea that they can claim, "Look at all these kids!" What the fuck are these people talking about, they're only 2 years older at most than the other people so they have no right to act like a badass. 2-3 years older doesn't mean you're more mature, or that you have some god given right to drive your model car over someone else.
well said, which is why its much more personal for us to do our own. Hell I think since Ive known G hes owned like 8 fucking cars since his Acura.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't know who Ethan is.

I never said you didn't go, I just said someone your age has a reason to say they don't want to be around kids.

There's a big gap between us young adults & you guys. No offense.

Agreed, though I wasn't expecting the jerk to possibly be a fellow TL owner which was the downer.

But my point was that when I go, there are people there no older than 21 who complain about the presence of someone 2-3 years younger. It makes no sense because chances are, the person's just as mature/immature as the complainer.

Either way, it wasn't really pointed towards anyone in this thread.
No offense was taken or nor did I feel there was reason to. I was really just agreeing with your points, but that it was funny how 2 of us coming out from time to time were a couple of older guys.

For me anyway, it's always been about the cars so I go to all sorts of meets. If I don't meet enough cool guys (regardless of age) I don't go back. So I can totally understand how you feel when some of the knuckle heads out there spoil the deal for others. And this past Wednesday was some of the dumbest crap I've seen. If the first meet was like that I would not have come back out to see if the next meet was any better. The difference here is that there are a few Acura guys and the guys NAiL introduced me to were cool, and NAiL is always good to pump for some tips or insight and this is a key point for me on why I like to go from time to time. Ha, even an old dog like me can and likes to learn new things I can try on my car.

All that said, if what happened this past week happens some more . . . I expect Plano police and or Sam's will shut it down.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by trancemission
well said, which is why its much more personal for us to do our own. Hell I think since Ive known G hes owned like 8 fucking cars since his Acura.
Agreed . . . we've had several guys over the years get a different car brand, but once part of the group/family . . . always part of the family.

And Trance, I'm serious . . . we need a special emoticon to use for you . . . something with grillin'

Ruf
Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by horsepowercrzy18
dude blake i saw u leave. did u get new rims?
Hey HP, where's that thread with the sound clip of the 3rd gen with straight pipes . . . me no find it.

Ruf
Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Thumbs up

Thats what Im talking about. Back in the day we would just meet up at someones house and drive to the ferrari dealer. Or get some lunch. Either way, we're driving and hanging out.
Yep I am getting tired of meets that you just stand around all the time...Sometimes its good to have some time off, you know just sit around and chit chat like on wednesday nights to catch up on people and see how they are doing, and go out to mexico.

But if I wanted a specific car meet I would like to do something else other than looking at similar cars. I have been through that phase one too many times and I know it gets boring...especially if your a family man or you have your girlfriend around. Usually they just keep to themselves. My new take on meets is to get everyone involved depending on how much they are willing to spend. Usually I try to go the cheaper the better.

The last meet I created was the major cb7 (90-93 accord) meet and we met out in Austin...Chilled for a while around the grill then went over to round rock raceway in Austin to have some fun. Then after that some dinner then out in the country for a small drive and pictures at the end of the day. I want to try something like that for Dallas but I cannot find any good areas...Could do a bar meet but not a lot of people are of age and its kind of a bad mix lol for those people that cant control what they consume =D.

Anyway supposedly there is a new indoor E-kart track opening around Dallas. Dunno where but it would be something to go have some fun there. If all else fails I will just create a track meet or a cruise meet from other forums. The last cruise we took FM 420 as I recall basically 150 miles round trip of twisties going through muenster and a few other small towns up north. Just give me ideas and what people are willing to do and I can try and setup something. Other than that its kinda hard to gauge what people like to do.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,208 Likes on 692 Posts
Originally Posted by RUF87
No offense was taken or nor did I feel there was reason to. I was really just agreeing with your points, but that it was funny how 2 of us coming out from time to time were a couple of older guys.

For me anyway, it's always been about the cars so I go to all sorts of meets. If I don't meet enough cool guys (regardless of age) I don't go back. So I can totally understand how you feel when some of the knuckle heads out there spoil the deal for others. And this past Wednesday was some of the dumbest crap I've seen. If the first meet was like that I would not have come back out to see if the next meet was any better. The difference here is that there are a few Acura guys and the guys NAiL introduced me to were cool, and NAiL is always good to pump for some tips or insight and this is a key point for me on why I like to go from time to time. Ha, even an old dog like me can and likes to learn new things I can try on my car.

All that said, if what happened this past week happens some more . . . I expect Plano police and or Sam's will shut it down.
I agree as well. I met a couple DI guys during my first visit, & they were pretty much the sole reason I went back, so I see what you mean.

As for what happened, guess I'll have to browse the DI forums again to find out. Always love seeing their views on what happens.

Thats what Im talking about. Back in the day we would just meet up at someones house and drive to the ferrari dealer. Or get some lunch. Either way, we're driving and hanging out.
This sounds like my kind of fun as long as people don't mind me being the young guy.
Originally Posted by NAiL05
Anyway supposedly there is a new indoor E-kart track opening around Dallas. Dunno where but it would be something to go have some fun there. If all else fails I will just create a track meet or a cruise meet from other forums. The last cruise we took FM 420 as I recall basically 150 miles round trip of twisties going through muenster and a few other small towns up north. Just give me ideas and what people are willing to do and I can try and setup something. Other than that its kinda hard to gauge what people like to do.
A cruise sounds fun since the Texas Cannonball isn't looking to get its crap together. Just gotta save up the miles now.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ All that being said now... I'll be out again this next wednesday. I'll get there shortly after 9p and will hang for a little while to see who shows. Where's the preferred spot for us again?
Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RUF87
Hey HP, where's that thread with the sound clip of the 3rd gen with straight pipes . . . me no find it.

Ruf
Here are 3 that I know of but this guy also has a s/c.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLheE2DmdDc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgm2sg1Tvi8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_l3C8nLWCQ
Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

But if I wanted a specific car meet I would like to do something else other than looking at similar cars. I have been through that phase one too many times and I know it gets boring...especially if your a family man or you have your girlfriend around. Usually they just keep to themselves. My new take on meets is to get everyone involved depending on how much they are willing to spend. Usually I try to go the cheaper the better.
The best part in my opinion is that you actually make friends. Every single person in this thread at some point has become my friend. Which is why you'll see them refer to me by my name.

When we get together we truly enjoy each others company. Our wives and girlfriends hangout, instead of just standing there like some fuckin arm candy.

Peter goes all out for his meets, simply because he feels the exact same way I do, he loves seeing all of us and he loves to provide a place and an atmosphere for us to hang out and our wives (or girlfriends) to feel comfortable as well.

This is exactly why I get nothing out of a weekly meet in a parking lot. I can watch you tube videos that will cover that.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Those videos were fucking stupid, not only do I think its a waste of money to S/C our cars but to see a lady just crossing the street with her dog before that idiot drove by makes my blood boil.

This is why I like to pick and choose who I hang out with.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yep its a friend making experience for sure. But I will see. Anyone like spirited cruises? Seems like the s2k/miata guys do this often. I dunno how everyone feels about that. I usually go on them because you meet new people and a mature crowd that share the same interests. But anyway off to Austin today and back later today gotta go to a meet over by mansfield dam lol.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Maybe its just me but S/C a front wheel drive car seems like a complete waste.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Mark (silver), you need to add more pictures to your profile.

I only saw one come up on the main page
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

For anyone interested, Im throwing a party at my place this afternoon, anyone interested in some BBQ and swimming and drinking just let me know
Old 06-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Those videos were fucking stupid, not only do I think its a waste of money to S/C our cars but to see a lady just crossing the street with her dog before that idiot drove by makes my blood boil.

This is why I like to pick and choose who I hang out with.
I wouldn't wander too far into the 3Gen forums then. That's one of our member's cars.

As for the S/C, I would have liked to, but the guy who did it to his Type S didn't really provide any information how he did with the CT model, plus the whine from YT vids. wasn't pleasing.

But, there's always snail power coming now.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I wouldn't wander too far into the 3Gen forums then. That's one of our member's cars.

As for the S/C, I would have liked to, but the guy who did it to his Type S didn't really provide any information how he did with the CT model, plus the whine from YT vids. wasn't pleasing.

But, there's always snail power coming now.

Look on the main page of that forum. I wrote the rules for it.

I dont go in there as much as I used to. I end up banning some idioit everytime
Old 06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Mark (silver), you need to add more pictures to your profile.

I only saw one come up on the main page
some day
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Thank you sir.
We will do it again soon.

If I can get an F'in job, I might be able to get a nice 2 seater vert.

A bit o garage candy with some VTEC kick and an 8 or 9K redline.

YUMMY.
The best part in my opinion is that you actually make friends. Every single person in this thread at some point has become my friend. Which is why you'll see them refer to me by my name.

When we get together we truly enjoy each others company. Our wives and girlfriends hangout, instead of just standing there like some fuckin arm candy.

Peter goes all out for his meets, simply because he feels the exact same way I do, he loves seeing all of us and he loves to provide a place and an atmosphere for us to hang out and our wives (or girlfriends) to feel comfortable as well.

This is exactly why I get nothing out of a weekly meet in a parking lot. I can watch you tube videos that will cover that.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Back from the ATX...I think my motor mounts are gone =(...Oh well time to upgrade. Brakes work wonderfully at lime creek I must say lol.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just one from the dam....Holy crap it was hot today trying to take pics out there....Zaino seems like it works well when my friend applied it...Reflects a lot better than what I used before. Humid heat is failocaust. Need to get a TL shoot for the locals some time speaking of which.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Suzuka Master

May not be out there with you guys Wednesday. Apparently, some fucker or something decided to hit my passenger window while I was at a party.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:10 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just one from the dam....Holy crap it was hot today trying to take pics out there....Zaino seems like it works well when my friend applied it...Reflects a lot better than what I used before. Humid heat is failocaust. Need to get a TL shoot for the locals some time speaking of which.

i think i saw you yesterday i live in the area of Mansfield damn , well before it [Steiner Ranch]..but anyway sweet car, i wish i would have known i would have loved to stop by and look at the car.

and a little off topic: Okay yesterday here in Austin there where loads and loads of Honda's and Acura's [mostly riced out Cb7s and there bad dangerous drivers effin idiots] but there were few nice cars every now and then [prelude's , s2000's, 350 Z's, TL's [loads and loads of them] anyone got any info?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yea there was a cb7 meet. I was with them...I was lost like hell. I saw a few TL's laying around but mostly older people driving. I drove down 620 a lot lol so might have. There were a lot of riced out cars at the dam...People were dogging me as I pulled into the dam...I was like wtf I didnt do anything.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
Yep its a friend making experience for sure. But I will see. Anyone like spirited cruises? Seems like the s2k/miata guys do this often. I dunno how everyone feels about that. I usually go on them because you meet new people and a mature crowd that share the same interests. But anyway off to Austin today and back later today gotta go to a meet over by mansfield dam lol.

We do spirited driving meets all the time...but honestly, those roads would be absolutely no fun in any Acura. I did the first one in my COMPLETELY modded out CLS and I couldn't hang. Too much power, to much weight, to sharp of turns....this list goes on. Plus you can't do that stuff anywhere near the metroplex. The majority of the S2ki, and Miata.net drives are in remote Arkansas mt towns.

Theres no way I'd take my Acura up there. Im not trying to be degrading towards the cars...Trying to keep up isn't much fun.

Lime Creek is half as intense as those roads, btw. Narrower, Tighter....think of switchbacks so tight that they car in front of you disappears.

Last edited by MarbleGT; 06-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Happy Father's Day to all the AZ Dads out there!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

I planning to be out there Wednesday where everybody with a TL park at? Yall don't mind if i park with yall?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by o2cls
We do spirited driving meets all the time...but honestly, those roads would be absolutely no fun in any Acura. I did the first one in my COMPLETELY modded out CLS and I couldn't hang. Too much power, to much weight, to sharp of turns....this list goes on. Plus you can't do that stuff anywhere near the metroplex. The majority of the S2ki, and Miata.net drives are in remote Arkansas mt towns.

Theres no way I'd take my Acura up there. Im not trying to be degrading towards the cars...Trying to keep up isn't much fun.

Lime Creek is half as intense as those roads, btw. Narrower, Tighter....think of switchbacks so tight that they car in front of you disappears.
I understand where you are coming from. Would you happen to know Tom? Turbo IS300 with a big single pushing around 700rwhp? He usually informs me of these cruises. He goes to a lot of s2ki/miata events. Usually I go around the metroplex north of here around denton. It was fun IMO not as many hard turns as I would like but it was fun...It was more high speed than anything other than a certain s2k accidentally overcorrecting himself.

We usually park together if we can find each other. I park near the clublexus people if I dont see anyone. I think the new corner might be next to that euro shop next to sams. Park close to that direction but I dunno...I will see how the turnout is and go from there.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

The roads around South Fork aren't bad. A good stretch of straights & such, along with hills & all kinds of curves.

Only problem is 90% of it is 1 lane, with nearly no way to pass slower cars.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
10th Gear

Yea there was a cb7 meet. I was with them...I was lost like hell. I saw a few TL's laying around but mostly older people driving. I drove down 620 a lot lol so might have. There were a lot of riced out cars at the dam...People were dogging me as I pulled into the dam...I was like wtf I didnt do anything.
yeah one of those damn Ricer CB7s cut in front of me..pissed me off soo much.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ka8_Type I
yeah one of those damn Ricer CB7s cut in front of me..pissed me off soo much.
Sorry to hear that. We were pretty spread apart. I dunno when. There were a couple bad apples in the pack. YOu remember what color cut you off? We had like 3 boosted and 4 swapped the rest were pretty much stock. Actually you can pull out which one did lol. I took pics of all the cars at the meet anyway. Its not much to see compared to a TL but yea...Its where I started and I know pretty much everyone...Usually we dont do anything dangerous and we tell people not to do anything stupid, but there were quite a bit of new people that I did not know attending this one so it wasnt too controllable on my part.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137831

Last edited by NAiL05; 06-21-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
10th Gear

Sorry to hear that. We were pretty spread apart. I dunno when. There were a couple bad apples in the pack. YOu remember what color cut you off? We had like 3 boosted and 4 swapped the rest were pretty much stock.
the one that cut me off, was a black CB7 coupe it looked like the rear was raised 2inches Hispanic driver i think. not only did he cut me off , he was weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man switching lanes aggressively.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ka8_Type I
the one that cut me off, was a black CB7 coupe it looked like the rear was raised 2inches Hispanic driver i think. not only did he cut me off , he was weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man switching lanes aggressively.
I know who your talking about then...I dunno what he was honestly he did look hispanic...Yea he kinda swerved everywhere and so on unsafe...But I guess there are always a few bad apples at every meet. Nothing can ever be perfect if you know what I mean. I apologize for that happening man. He was also one of the new guys.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM
10th Gear

I know who your talking about then...I dunno what he was honestly he did look hispanic...Yea he kinda swerved everywhere and so on unsafe...But I guess there are always a few bad apples at every meet. Nothing can ever be perfect if you know what I mean. I apologize for that happening man. He was also one of the new guys.
yeah, it's all good....

so how about some good news, how was the meet? i looked at the pics on CB7tuner and there were a few clean Accords and a really nice S2000.

and your TL looked good as usual.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, it wasn't too bad. Lime creek was fun it was pretty empty so that made it better. Got to finally put the Acura into some nice tight bends and handles pretty well...The RB ET500/Slotted rotors stopped consistently with no brake fade whatsoever. I was satisfied. I didnt stay there after LIme creek I kinda just left lol because I needed to get back in town...After all today was fathers day cant miss out on that. It was also scorching hot so didnt take many pictures lol. I got at least a shade darker.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:32 PM
10th Gear

Thanks, it wasn't too bad. Lime creek was fun it was pretty empty so that made it better. Got to finally put the Acura into some nice tight bends and handles pretty well...The RB ET500/Slotted rotors stopped consistently with no brake fade whatsoever. I was satisfied. I didnt stay there after LIme creek I kinda just left lol because I needed to get back in town...After all today was fathers day cant miss out on that. It was also scorching hot so didnt take many pictures lol. I got at least a shade darker.
awesome! Lime creek is a fun road i love driving it, i wish my car could peform the way your TL does, i mean my Legend's handling isn't horrible but it's definitely not the best it does well for being 100% stock.

haha a tan is always good (well not for me lol). i'll be blacker than Tar
Old 06-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yea I was purposely trying to see what the TL would do under "certain" conditions and surprisingly performed really well...Some things such as purposely gassing it more into a corner lol...Grips really well but it could also be my tires helping 10x too. The BFG's are wonderful...Only good part on this car not a fan of the rims though need to get rid of those.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:11 AM
10th Gear

Yea I was purposely trying to see what the TL would do under "certain" conditions and surprisingly performed really well...Some things such as purposely gassing it more into a corner lol...Grips really well but it could also be my tires helping 10x too. The BFG's are wonderful...Only good part on this car not a fan of the rims though need to get rid of those.
haha aren't they AMG wheels? what wheels are you looking to get next?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Suzuka Master

NAiL, were you rolling through Rowlett today on 66 around 10:30? I could have sworn I'd seen a black TL with rims like your's heading towards Garland on 66.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

ka8 - They are ASA ST3 but they look like the AMG wheels lol. They are heavy at 28lbs each without tire so gonna get rid of that.

Rick - Not that I know of. I wasnt in that direction today.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Racer

E,
Lets do a meet and i will drive up. Maybe we could even get Andy,G, and the others that have disappeared to com.

A

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew