Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Apple: iPad News and Discussion Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
and have spoken.

In reality, I really, really, really wanted the iPhone when it came out--just didn't want to switch carriers, so I got the Touch, thought it was/is great (replaced by my Droid)
Old 02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,798 Likes on 13,981 Posts
Oh, I'm with and on giving the iPad a chance...sure. I kinda hope it succeeds so that the it generates competition and etc. etc.

Back to the argument about the iPhone. Disagree about how most of us thought it was turd. Adding phone functionality to a pretty nifty MP3 and media player was genius. However, taking an MP3 and media player and super-sizing it...? Mehhhhhhhh. Sorry, nothing great. That's why I'm in the iYawn camp.

And honestly, this back and forth champing is nothing new esp. if you folks wander into Automotive News and try to read an Acura/Honda thread.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Anachostic
I would never expect Apple to follow a moral guideline that they didn't author. But, more in response, I am getting a little tired of Apple defining how things are going to be. It's not so much that they are targeting a different demographic, it's more that they are saying "this is the device, now, become the demographic." The people that are already in the demographic have no problem with it. Those outside have to choose whether to dumb themselves down to this next level or risk being left behind. Judging by the rebellion in the community, it doesn't seem people are willing to make that leap.

Apple is only concerned with the end result, which is probably why they are so polarizing. And to have a corporate figure, who has been elevated through reverence to god-like status, tell me how I'm going to use my phone, how I'm going to browse the Internet, how I'm going to expand my options on my devices I purchase... that doesn't sit well with me. Especially when it's delivered in a tone that says "we know what you need better than you do"

Apple used to be different. Back in the Apple IIe days (when I was an Apple fan), it was all about customization. My first Apple was an Apple IIc and I hated it. It had no expandability. Starting with the IIc, then the Mac, it became clear that Apple perceived having less options to be equitable to having greater control over the experience and (if you want to be a conspiracy-theorist) the user.

There. That's my say. And like everyone else in this thread, it's a personal opinion.
Whoa. Taking this a little too personal maybe?

Apple is not deciding how "you" are going to do things. They are deciding and are in control of how their products are going to be used. That's all. You don't have to buy them. You make it sound as though they are demanding and defining the way you should do things. Well, if you're going to do it with their device, then you're right. They are. But they aren't trying to control "you". They are just controlling what you can and cannot do with their product.

And what's with the "dumbing down" comment? You've pretty much insulted everyone that likes their products. Nice job.

Their products are reliable and have a great reputation for being that way. Why? Because they keep an incredibly tight control over what can and cannot be installed on them. That's why. Only products that they approve of can be used.

It's much like Acura telling you that your warranty is no longer valid because you installed some third party accessory. Or GM telling you to only use approved replacement parts. They obviously can't stop you from adding anything you want. But they can tell you they won't stand behind their product anymore if you do.
Am I going to get all pissed off and criticize Ford because I can't install my Chevy fuel pump? C'mon! Think about it. But that's exactly what people are doing!

And Steve Jobs being elevated to a 'god like' status? Not in my book he's not. He's no better than I am or anyone else as far as I'm concerned.
Does he have a bit of a attitude? Swagger? Inflated ego? Sure. Wouldn't you? But at the same time I have that same ego, swagger, and probably a bit of an attitude as well. Can you tell?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Another point is that it is certainly not in Apples best interest to give a "do all" device as a first release. It leads to more tech issues and limits them as to what they can release in version 2.0.

Now, next year they can release iPad 2.0 with video conferencing and 4G support, and sell a gigillion more of them.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Now, next year they can release iPad 2.0 with video conferencing and 4G support, and sell a gigillion more of them.
A full Skype video app and 4G support would be an easier sell for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by svtmike
A full Skype video app and 4G support would be an easier sell for me.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if there was more of a bluetooth push with the next device, perhaps an Apple branded earpiece. So if/when VOIP is used with it, you can use this as your iphone via BT earpiece.

Of course it would be tough to bring some places, such as a bar, so maybe they don't want that in their plans. Who knows. I'm just excited to see a smartphone war fired up between apple and google.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just heard maybe the best point yet on an Engadget podcast. They are talking about the lack of Flash support, and how it prevents you from doing just about anything active in a browser. Pandora? Nope. Netflix streaming? :shakehead Hulu? Uh-uh. Facebook games? You get the idea. The list goes on and on. Why? Because Apple wants you to do all of that in Apps, not the browser. This is totally the opposite direction of Google, Microsoft, and the rest of the industry which is pushing everything to the browser and the cloud.

Take a step back from all the marketing distortion fields in either direction and let that sink in. The real question is:

Will all the content vendors be willing to make an iPad app and will consumers be willing to live with a crippled browser? You'd have to cross your fingers and hope that your content becomes available in the app store some day (and further hope that it isn't actually an iPhone app that looks terrible on a big screen).
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
It was mentioned earlier in this thread, that Apple wants you to buy music/movies from them. You have to pay for Netflix and they're crippled as to what you can stream to your computer, there's is a WHOLE lot that you can't get streamed.

Opposite of Google, yes, they make their money from you using a browers. Microsoft, they would do it if they could make money from it.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Apple branded earpiece.
Been there, done that, the t-shirt shrank in the wash.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

So let me get this straight:

As a Netflix subscriber (which I am along with millions of others), I have to buy every movie on iTunes in order to watch it on the iPad (vs. watching it for no additional cost)? If I want to watch a TV show, I have to buy it from iTunes instead of watching it for free on Hulu?

They have the audacity to say "the best way to experience the web... hands down." when they can't support 95% of the active content on the web? How can people be happy about that?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
Been there, done that, the t-shirt shrank in the wash.
But not the "special edition iPad version" the iEar
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,352 Likes on 5,259 Posts
hey guys sorry for all my posts in here. i should have stayed quiet. MY BAD.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Matt

On Gizmodo this morning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZS8H...ayer_embedded#

Oh, and if youre trying to watch this ipad keynote video from your ipad... sorry, you cant.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by STL+3.0CL
On Gizmodo this morning

Oh, and if youre trying to watch this ipad keynote video from your ipad... sorry, you cant.
Doesn't safari support html5?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Matt

yes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
My Garage

yes
so you could probably watch this on the ipad
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Shalooby
Whoa. Taking this a little too personal maybe?

Apple is not deciding how "you" are going to do things. They are deciding and are in control of how their products are going to be used. That's all. You don't have to buy them. You make it sound as though they are demanding and defining the way you should do things. Well, if you're going to do it with their device, then you're right. They are. But they aren't trying to control "you". They are just controlling what you can and cannot do with their product.
Thank god for competition.

And what's with the "dumbing down" comment? You've pretty much insulted everyone that likes their products. Nice job.

Their products are reliable and have a great reputation for being that way. Why? Because they keep an incredibly tight control over what can and cannot be installed on them. That's why. Only products that they approve of can be used.
I'll apologize. I should have used the term "simplification". My point is that you shouldn't trust a corporation to make all your decisions for you.

It's much like Acura telling you that your warranty is no longer valid because you installed some third party accessory. Or GM telling you to only use approved replacement parts. They obviously can't stop you from adding anything you want. But they can tell you they won't stand behind their product anymore if you do.
Am I going to get all pissed off and criticize Ford because I can't install my Chevy fuel pump? C'mon! Think about it. But that's exactly what people are doing!
Yes, Apple can stop you from adding anything you want. Very much so. And as much as I like my Zune, I am frustrated by the fact that it too is a closed system.

And Steve Jobs being elevated to a 'god like' status? Not in my book he's not. He's no better than I am or anyone else as far as I'm concerned.
Does he have a bit of a attitude? Swagger? Inflated ego? Sure. Wouldn't you? But at the same time I have that same ego, swagger, and probably a bit of an attitude as well. Can you tell?
Would I? Probably not, but power is intoxicating, so maybe I can't say.

Can I tell? We'll see.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
nnInn

Originally Posted by Mockenrue
So let me get this straight:

As a Netflix subscriber (which I am along with millions of others), I have to buy every movie on iTunes in order to watch it on the iPad (vs. watching it for no additional cost)? If I want to watch a TV show, I have to buy it from iTunes instead of watching it for free on Hulu?

They have the audacity to say "the best way to experience the web... hands down." when they can't support 95% of the active content on the web? How can people be happy about that?
You can rent from itunes. Also now with Netflix you'll have to wait 30 days for some new releases. Hulu, you will soon be paying monthly for them as well.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Matt

Originally Posted by Anachostic
I would never expect Apple to follow a moral guideline that they didn't author. But, more in response, I am getting a little tired of Apple defining how things are going to be. It's not so much that they are targeting a different demographic, it's more that they are saying "this is the device, now, become the demographic." The people that are already in the demographic have no problem with it. Those outside have to choose whether to dumb themselves down to this next level or risk being left behind. Judging by the rebellion in the community, it doesn't seem people are willing to make that leap.

Apple is only concerned with the end result, which is probably why they are so polarizing. And to have a corporate figure, who has been elevated through reverence to god-like status, tell me how I'm going to use my phone, how I'm going to browse the Internet, how I'm going to expand my options on my devices I purchase... that doesn't sit well with me. Especially when it's delivered in a tone that says "we know what you need better than you do"

Apple used to be different. Back in the Apple IIe days (when I was an Apple fan), it was all about customization. My first Apple was an Apple IIc and I hated it. It had no expandability. Starting with the IIc, then the Mac, it became clear that Apple perceived having less options to be equitable to having greater control over the experience and (if you want to be a conspiracy-theorist) the user.

There. That's my say. And like everyone else in this thread, it's a personal opinion.
Good Post. Heres a good read that shares your sentiment. Tinkerer's Sunset
When DVD Jon was arrested after breaking the CSS encryption algorithm, he was charged with “unauthorized computer trespassing.” That led his lawyers to ask the obvious question, “On whose computer did he trespass?” The prosecutor’s answer: “his own.”

If that doesn’t make your heart skip a beat, you can stop reading now.

When I was growing up, “trespassing” was something you could only do to other people’s computers. But let’s set that aside and come back to it.

My father was a college professor for much of his adult life. One year, he took a sabbatical to write a book. He had saved up enough money to buy a computer and a newfangled thing called a word processing program. And he wrote, and he edited, and he wrote some more. It was so obviously better than working on a typewriter that he never questioned that it was money well spent.

As it happens, this computer came with the BASIC programming language pre-installed. You didn’t even need to boot a disk operating system. You could turn on the computer and press Ctrl-Reset and you’d get a prompt. And at this prompt, you could type in an entire program, and then type RUN, and it would motherfucking run.

I was 10. That was 27 years ago, but I still remember what it felt like when I realized that you — that I — could get this computer to do anything by typing the right words in the right order and telling it to RUN and it would motherfucking run.

That computer was an Apple ][e.

By age 12, I was writing BASIC programs so complex that the computer was running out of memory to hold them. By age 13, I was writing programs in Pascal. By age 14, I was writing programs in assembly language. By age 17, I was competing in the Programming event in the National Science Olympiad (and winning). By age 22, I was employed as a computer programmer.

Today I am a programmer, a technical writer, and a hacker in the Hackers and Painters sense of the word. But you don’t become a hacker by programming; you become a hacker by tinkering. It’s the tinkering that provides that sense of wonder. You have to jump out of the system, tear down the safety gates, peel away the layers of abstraction that the computer provides for the vast majority of people who don’t want to know how it all works. It’s about using the Copy ][+ sector editor to learn how the disk operating system boots, then modifying it so the computer makes a sound every time it reads a sector from the disk. Or displaying a graphical splash screen on startup before it lists the disk catalog and takes you to that BASIC prompt. Or copying a myriad of wondrous commands from the Beagle Bros. Peeks & Pokes Chart and trying to figure out what the fuck I had just done. Just for the hell of it. Because it was fun. Because it scared my parents. Because I absolutely had to know how it all worked.

Later, there was an Apple IIgs. And later still, a Mac IIci. MacsBug. ResEdit. Norton Disk Editor. Stop me if any of this sounds familiar.

Apple made the machines that made me who I am. I became who I am by tinkering.

This post’s title is stolen from Alex Payne’s “On the iPad,” which I shall now quote at great length.

The iPad is an attractive, thoughtfully designed, deeply cynical thing. It is a digital consumption machine. As Tim Bray and Peter Kirn have pointed out, it’s a device that does little to enable creativity...

The tragedy of the iPad is that it truly seems to offer a better model of computing for many people — perhaps the majority of people. Gone are the confusing concepts and metaphors of the last thirty years of computing. Gone is the ability to endlessly tweak and twiddle towards no particular gain. The iPad is simple, straightforward, maintenance-free...

The thing that bothers me most about the iPad is this: if I had an iPad rather than a real computer as a kid, I’d never be a programmer today. I’d never have had the ability to run whatever stupid, potentially harmful, hugely educational programs I could download or write. I wouldn’t have been able to fire up ResEdit and edit out the Mac startup sound so I could tinker on the computer at all hours without waking my parents.

Now, I am aware that you will be able to develop your own programs for the iPad, the same way you can develop for the iPhone today. Anyone can develop! All you need is a Mac, XCode, an iPhone “simulator,” and $99 for an auto-expiring developer certificate. The “developer certificate” is really a cryptographic key that (temporarily) allows you (slightly) elevated access to... your own computer. And that’s fine — or at least workable — for the developers of today, because they already know that they’re developers. But the developers of tomorrow don’t know it yet. And without the freedom to tinker, some of them never will.

And I know, I know, I know you can “jailbreak” your iPhone, (re)gain root access, and run anything that can motherfucking run. And I have no doubt that someone will figure out how to “jailbreak” the iPad, too. But I don’t want to live in a world where you have to break into your own computer before you can start tinkering. And I certainly don’t want to live in a world where tinkering with your own computer is illegal. (DVD Jon was acquitted, by the way. The prosecutor appealed, and he was acquitted again. But who needs the law when you have public key cryptography on your side?)

Once upon a time, Apple made the machines that made me who I am. I became who I am by tinkering. Now it seems they’re doing everything in their power to stop my kids from finding that sense of wonder. Apple has declared war on the tinkerers of the world. With every software update, the previous generation of “jailbreaks” stop working, and people have to find new ways to break into their own computers. There won’t ever be a MacsBug for the iPad. There won’t be a ResEdit, or a Copy ][+ sector editor, or an iPad Peeks & Pokes Chart. And that’s a real loss. Maybe not to you, but to somebody who doesn’t even know it yet.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
nnInn

O boo hoo , my kids can't be a hacker... boo hoo
Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Matt

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
O boo hoo , my kids can't be a hacker... boo hoo
boo hoo someones reminiscing about the OLD apples.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 631 Likes on 280 Posts
On Gizmodo this morning

WHy would you watch the keynote on youtube? Get it free from iTunes!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
nnInn

boo hoo someones reminiscing about the OLD apples.
What I'm boo hooing is the last paragraph. The part that remarks that Apple keeps getting ahead of someone hacking Apples products.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

You can rent from itunes. Also now with Netflix you'll have to wait 30 days for some new releases. Hulu, you will soon be paying monthly for them as well.
I wasn't debating iTunes vs. Neflix. You could make a case for either. Netflix his over 12 million subscribers (and growing rapidly - 1.1 million new in the last quarter!). None of those people want to pay a monthly fee, then pay again to see it on their device.

But that was just a minor point... the post was about all the free content that you have to pay for on the iPad. If Hulu starts charging, people will just use the individual network sites or an aggregator like clicker (great!) for free content. The point is, you have limitless free choices on an un-crippled browser.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

Actually, this whole discussion about viewing media on a small device is a mystery to me. I never watch video on my Zune HD or 13" laptop. To me, the much more interesting technology is in the other direction - stream from the Internet to my 46" TV. I use the excellent PlayOn software to browse and stream Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Podcasts, my own local media, and a ton of other stuff right on the TV. My PS3 and DirecTV HD DVR support DLNA, along with a ton of other consoles, players, and even TVs these days. I can't remember the last time I watched a movie or show "on the go".
Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
nnInn

I wasn't debating iTunes vs. Neflix. You could make a case for either. Netflix his over 12 million subscribers (and growing rapidly - 1.1 million new in the last quarter!). None of those people want to pay a monthly fee, then pay again to see it on their device.

But that was just a minor point... the post was about all the free content that you have to pay for on the iPad. If Hulu starts charging, people will just use the individual network sites or an aggregator like clicker (great!) for free content. The point is, you have limitless free choices on an un-crippled browser.
WHEN has Apple ever been about you getting free stuff through their products? They have never done it, it all been about selling the unit and the programming for it. It's been like like since day one with the ipods for music, then video three years ago.

Again it's just another thing to bitch about something haters hate about Apple.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
nnInn

Actually, this whole discussion about viewing media on a small device is a mystery to me. I never watch video on my Zune HD or 13" laptop. To me, the much more interesting technology is in the other direction - stream from the Internet to my 46" TV. I use the excellent PlayOn software to browse and stream Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Podcasts, my own local media, and a ton of other stuff right on the TV. My PS3 and DirecTV HD DVR support DLNA, along with a ton of other consoles, players, and even TVs these days. I can't remember the last time I watched a movie or show "on the go".
When I travel and have watched movies and TV shows on my itouch. I've done it in the middle of the woods where you can't even get radio stations ti tune in. I've done it in hotel rooms, I've done it on locations when I've been out photographing.

When I'm at home, I'm watching it on my 60" Sony. Though I watch DVD's on my desktop while I work. I watched the first 5 seasons of Smallville this way.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape when somebody says something negative about apple. For every negative apple remark, there are billions for other products. Just because you own an apple product doesn't mean you need to take offense to a negative opinion of a different apple product.

FWIW, I own an iMac and an iPod touch. To me, this iPad is a joke....the pricing especially. $829 for the 3G version?!?! I can nearly buy a macbook for that price.

Maybe with gen 2 and gen 3 the iPad will improve its prices and features, but only time will tell.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Arriving Somewhere...

It's been like like since day one with the ipods for music
Big difference there. Most peoples' digital audio collection is dominated by music that they either ripped from their own collection, ripped from someone else's collection, or stole back in the days of Napster, Audiogalaxy, etc. So the iPod was fine for playing your own library. Also there were no subscription services back then, and iTunes was the only decent legit store for the tracks that you actually did want to buy. Now that there are other options, it's too late to break the monopoly.

Video content is a whole other story... lots of ways to get it (free stream, subscription, a la carte), and even Apple users are used to being able to take advantage of all three on their laptops and desktops. Although plenty of Apple fans will buy the iPad, I predict that even their closet fans will (perhaps for the first time) dislike the ecosystem limitations.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape when somebody says something negative about apple. For every negative apple remark, there are billions for other products. Just because you own an apple product doesn't mean you need to take offense to a negative opinion of a different apple product.

FWIW, I own an iMac and an iPod touch. To me, this iPad is a joke....the pricing especially. $829 for the 3G version?!?! I can nearly buy a macbook for that price.

Maybe with gen 2 and gen 3 the iPad will improve its prices and features, but only time will tell.
I don't understand it either. And pretty much the only real comeback is along the lines of "you don't even own one" or "you haven't even tried one yet". Excuse me, I didn't know you must have owned or tried something before being able to comment on it on the internet. If that were the case, do you realize how dead forums would be? ROFL. Can you imagine there being a forum rule "If you have not personally used this product please do not comment on it. Ideally, you should own the product before commenting on it." The Automotive section? Has everyone driven the cars we talk about in there? lol. And, many negative comments purely based on pictures, specs, etc. But, the people have never sat in, let alone driven the cars. And furthermore, internet content has been going MORE in the direction of free public opinion and commentary. I mean, a few years ago, you wouldn't see comment boxes on news sites (like NBC, etc) where the public can chime in on a news story. That is, comments were never "content" before. But now they often contain more real and usable information than the story itself.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
nnInn

Originally Posted by srika
I don't understand it either. And pretty much the only real comeback is along the lines of "you don't even own one" or "you haven't even tried one yet". Excuse me, I didn't know you must have owned or tried something before being able to comment on it on the internet. If that were the case, do you realize how dead forums would be? ROFL. Can you imagine there being a forum rule "If you have not personally used this product please do not comment on it. Ideally, you should own the product before commenting on it." The Automotive section? Has everyone driven the cars we talk about in there? lol. And, many negative comments purely based on pictures, specs, etc. But, the people have never sat in, let alone driven the cars. And furthermore, internet content has been going MORE in the direction of free public opinion and commentary. I mean, a few years ago, you wouldn't see comment boxes on news sites (like NBC, etc) where the public can chime in on a news story. That is, comments were never "content" before. But now they often contain more real and usable information than the story itself.
Want an opinion? Sure you can have one, have it and move on. It's the constant fucking whining which is so laughable. To have never used the product and think that you have an absolute final word in again laughable, an opinion OK. Again not you, but in general.

Let me ask you, if someone was to come in and talk so much shit about your images and the equipment and processing that you use to make them. What would you say? And then what you would say if that same person told you they never used your equipment or even a camera to start with?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Let me ask you, if someone was to come in and talk so much shit about your images and the equipment and processing that you use to make them. What would you say? And then what you would say if that same person told you they never used your equipment or even a camera to start with?
Isn't that the whole premise of notalwaysright.com?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Want an opinion? Sure you can have one, have it and move on. It's the constant fucking whining which is so laughable. To have never used the product and think that you have an absolute final word in again laughable, an opinion OK. Again not you, but in general.

Some people do talk shit about my images. They do talk about it without knowing about it. Doesn't bother me. In fact, I'm used to it. I might address it here and there, but then I move on. Do you think Steve Jobs gives a f*ck about any of this?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
nnInn

Some people do talk shit about my images. They do talk about it without knowing about it. Doesn't bother me. In fact, I'm used to it. I might address it here and there, but then I move on. Do you think Steve Jobs gives a f*ck about any of this?
No he doesn't, he has said fuck you to the haters. http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/31/c...out-at-google/
Old 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh nice, well I guess he does give a f*ck. But, I think it's probably appropriate for him to say something about it to Apple employees.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,234 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by astro
WHy would you watch the keynote on youtube? Get it free from iTunes!
Itunes has free stuff???
Old 02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

did everyone see it on the grammys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqp8_...layer_embedded
Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
you don't seem to be doing that here.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mizouse
you don't seem to be doing that here.
really? Im still bashing it here?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
My Garage

People aren't really posting opinion though. The abilities the iPad lacks are factual. There is no flash support, there is no camera, there is no multitasking, there is no native USB. These are the complaints and they are factual. I for one am not whining, I am happy to see this thing not "succeed" in a sense as I just stepped away from Apple for a little while. I'm giving Google a shot and living in the Android world. So while I'm not a Apple hater, I didn't want to see the iphone OS be as magical as Jobs said it would be, right after I walked away from Apple.

I'm happy with my Nexus and it seems like I still will be after OS 4.0 is announced. It doesn't mean I won't go back to Apple in 2011, but I don't want to regret my recent purchase.

Quick Reply: Apple: iPad News and Discussion Thread