Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL: 2010 Season Discussion Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM
on to the next one...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
$10000000 says even a concussion to Cutler will not buy the team a fawking clue that they need an offensive line.
Your O-line is terrible, no doubt, but that showing was just as much Cutler's/Offensive Coordinator's fault as it was your line's fault. At some point, you have to abandon the 7-step drop and start looking for a quicker release. They should have been smart enough to see that after the second or third sack.

Also, (and I didn't see much of the game, so I could be wrong, but...) did the Bears staff even watch a second of Chester Taylor footage before they signed him? He's got a TON of talent, but it's almost like Chicago doesn't even know how to use him...
Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,678 Likes on 13,910 Posts
Originally Posted by bgsm1th
Your O-line is terrible, no doubt, but that showing was just as much Cutler's/Offensive Coordinator's fault as it was your line's fault. At some point, you have to abandon the 7-step drop and start looking for a quicker release. They should have been smart enough to see that after the second or third sack.

Also, (and I didn't see much of the game, so I could be wrong, but...) did the Bears staff even watch a second of Chester Taylor footage before they signed him? He's got a TON of talent, but it's almost like Chicago doesn't even know how to use him...
Vicious cycle. No O-line equals to complete lack of a running game. Although, using Taylor on some screen passes and dumps would be nice. I have no idea why Martz and the coaches kept calling for the 5 WR sets...

And yes, you are correct...Cutler was an idiot in some plays for holding the ball for that long.

But, no running game equals to all pass and the defenses know it. So, they stack the line and usually call for all-out blitzes...there were so many plays that players just came in on the QB literally untouched.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,678 Likes on 13,910 Posts
And yes, the O-line stinks more than the Dikings.

There, I said it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
As long as Vick is out for the Niners game

Used to be a huge Vick fan, before all that crap came around, starting with him flipping off his home crowd. I'm happy for him now that he's tried to make up for all of his crimes but I still can't fully respect him anymore.

P-Willy is a beast, but Vick is just superhuman. We already have DJ to worry about, another shoulda-woulda-coulda star player from Cal that the 49ers passed over
Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 AM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
vick has done more for the animal rights community than people who have never harmed an animal..

the guy is sincere.. its kinna shitty that people still hold it against him and he wasnt even the one sending the animals into the ring...

kind of like hating a friend b/c his sister shoots heroine at his house and he knows about it..

give the guy a break lol.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockstar21
vick has done more for the animal rights community than people who have never harmed an animal..

the guy is sincere.. its kinna shitty that people still hold it against him and he wasnt even the one sending the animals into the ring...

kind of like hating a friend b/c his sister shoots heroine at his house and he knows about it..

You'll excuse me if I don't believe a known liar.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
not saying this only b/c i'm an Eagles fan, but i think people should lay off Vick now. he did his time and is speaking out against animal cruelty now....it was wrong what he did, but you can't hold it against the guy forever
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 AM

Um, that's like saying to not hold it against a heroin kingpin of a city because he wasn't ruining a lot of peoples' lives, its the dealers who work for him's fault.

Again, I watched the interview with him and Jim Mora Jr. (his old coach) and even saw him on that show about his life post-prison revisiting his old neighborhood and when he was talking to kids about what he did to go to prison. He seemed contrite, and while I forgive him for the most part since he's apparently done a lot to make up for it, there's still this thought in the back of my mind... he fucked up bad.

I don't really wear sports jerseys at all, but the only two jerseys I have ever owned are Jerry Rice, and Michael Vick, if that's saying anything.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,873 Likes on 3,776 Posts

lol is right....

Dude...he shot a dog in the head because it lost one of his f***ing fights.

No sympathy for vick. He does for animal rights because he HAS to. /
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SG81
not saying this only b/c i'm an Eagles fan, but i think people should lay off Vick now. he did his time and is speaking out against animal cruelty now....it was wrong what he did, but you can't hold it against the guy forever
I agree. The prison time did him good, and he admitted it himself, he wasn't going to change... the best thing that happened to him, in his own words, was "getting shipped off to Kansas". Some people were outraged when he got signed, and rightfully so. I remember seeing footage of people protesting Vick's signing, and a lady ripped up multiple of her own Eagles season tickets.

that's true about what pttl said though.. he's pretty much obliged to do all this stuff. He did kiss a $130 million contract goodbye, and he filed for bankruptcy IIRC, so whatever. Only he really knows if he's changed or not, but if he hasn't, then he's a fucking idiot.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
The Dumb One

Originally Posted by pttl

No sympathy for vick. He does for animal rights because he HAS to. /
um, no he doesnt..

everything he is doing at THIS point, is voluntary...

all of the associations he is working with say he is going above and beyond what most animal rights activist do to get the message across... they consider him an asset to thier cause..

so your telling me that since the people who should be pissed off the most and hate him (animal rights organizations).. love him now.. it makes sense that people like you, still consider him this evil guy..

LULZ...... wow...

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
You'll excuse me if I don't believe a known liar.
you must have huge social issues... everyone has lied.. and you dont even know vick... so the fact that he never lied to YOU, and what he lied about had no direct connection to you.. makes that an even more pointless reason...

Last edited by Rockstar21; 10-05-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,873 Likes on 3,776 Posts
um, no he doesnt..

all of the associations he is working with say he is going above and beyond what most animal rights activist do to get the message across... they consider him an asset to thier cause..

so your telling me that since the people who should be pissed off the most and hate him (animal rights organizations).. love him now.. it makes sense that people like you, still consider him this evil guy..

LULZ...... wow...
Guess you ignored this huh?

...he shot a dog in the head because it lost one of his f***ing fights.

LULZ...wow.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

um, no he doesnt..

LULZ...... wow...

you must have huge social issues... everyone has lied.. and you dont even know vick... so the fact that he never lied to YOU, and what he lied about had no direct connection to you.. makes that an even more pointless reason...
He lied to his owner, he lied to his commissioner, he lied to the federal government.

Did I leave anyone out?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
The Dumb One

and the crazy fruitloop nutjobs that he goes to meetings with and speaks out against cruelty to animals dont seem to mind when he talks about his past...

guess you ignored that.

its pretty retarded that anybody would just assume he's a bad person no matter what... but, sheep will be sheep..

people hate b/c the news tells them to hate... think for yourself... it feels nice.

He lied to his owner, he lied to his commissioner, he lied to the federal government.

Did I leave anyone out?
you make it seem like he is a compulsive liar b/c of this

he lied about one thing... to several people..

usually you dont just lie to one person about something you are trying to hide b/c your are embarrassed about it
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 AM

I didn't know Hitler, and I'm not Jewish, and none of my family is from Western Europe. Guess I shouldn't judge him, since I didn't have any direct connection to him whatsoever....
Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
The Dumb One

Originally Posted by Costco

I didn't know Hitler, and I'm not Jewish, and none of my family is from Western Europe. Guess I shouldn't judge him, since I didn't have any direct connection to him whatsoever....
way to misinterpret
Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM

and the crazy fruitloop nutjobs that he goes to meetings with and speaks out against cruelty to animals dont seem to mind when he talks about his past...

guess you ignored that.

its pretty retarded that anybody would just assume he's a bad person no matter what... but, sheep will be sheep..

people hate b/c the news tells them to hate... think for yourself... it feels nice.

usually you dont just lie to one person about something you are trying to hide b/c your are embarrassed about it

Vick lied because he thought he was invincible. In the interview with his old coach, he was asked why he lied to everyone, and in his own words, he recalled "C'mon.... I'm Mike Vick. What's the worst that could happen?"

He was a borderline sociopath. Remember the whole Ron Mexico ordeal? thought he could get away with it... nope. Thought he could get away with a dog fighting ring.... nope. Thought he could slither his way out of the long arm of the law, cause hey, he did it to the NFC South for years..... NOPE.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Banned

guess you ignored that.

usually you dont just lie to one person about something you are trying to hide
I can say the exact same thing to you. 'He says he reformed, so he must have!'

I'd like to know how you've personally got to know him and can tell me what he thinks on a day to day basis. Because, clearly, you have better insight into his life than the rest of us.

This is a man (and I use that term loosely) who lied compulsively about what he did. Who killed animals for sport (and don't try to make a hunting analogy). Who disrespected his team and his fans and his city multiple times. And when he's out of jail and out of money, asks us to believe that he's reformed not because of his difficulties, but that he's truly sorry and learned the error of his ways.

You want to believe all of that, be my guest. But don't call someone a sheep because they don't trust someone who hasn't proven themselves trustworthy.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

But lets not stray too far from the thread topic.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
The Dumb One

I can say the exact same thing to you. 'He says he reformed, so he must have!'

I'd like to know how you've personally got to know him and can tell me what he thinks on a day to day basis. Because, clearly, you have better insight into his life than the rest of us.

This is a man (and I use that term loosely) who lied compulsively about what he did. Who killed animals for sport (and don't try to make a hunting analogy). Who disrespected his team and his fans and his city multiple times. And when he's out of jail and out of money, asks us to believe that he's reformed not because of his difficulties, but that he's truly sorry and learned the error of his ways.

You want to believe all of that, be my guest. But don't call someone a sheep because they don't trust someone who hasn't proven themselves trustworthy.
the way you are going about it, he can do nothing to prove himself trustworthy, b/c you dont know him.. he cant do anything to personally affect your trust... and he's already done more than you or most people will every dream of to help the cause that combats the very thing you hate him for.

and no, i dont know him, but im pretty sure he doesnt lay in bed at night wishing he could fight more dogs... thats a pretty easy thing to believe. for anybody...

unless your purposely TRYING to not believe that he has remorse.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM

^^This is NFL talk, after all

But I think we'll have to agree to disagree.... some people have forgiven Vick, some people will in time, and some people will never, ever forgive him, no matter what lengths he goes to in order to redeem himself. And whatever someone feels about him, it's perfectly fine.

I still enjoy watching him play, period. He is also a much better QB now, and being in an Eagles uniform (especially the throwbacks) it kinda reminds me of Randall Cunningham in the past, how he went on hiatus, came back to the Vikings and became more of a pocket QB.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned

the way you are going about it, he can do nothing to prove himself trustworthy, b/c you dont know him.. he cant do anything to personally affect your trust... and he's already done more than you or most people will every dream of to help the cause that combats the very thing you hate him for.

and no, i dont know him, but im pretty sure he doesnt lay in bed at night wishing he could fight more dogs... thats a pretty easy thing to believe. for anybody...

unless your purposely TRYING to not believe that he has remorse.
Because it's wrong, or because he got caught?

There's a great many people around Atlanta and the South (I like to call them, 'fucking idiots') who still think he did nothing wrong.

And no: I don't think he'll be able to redeem himself. He's shown us what he is.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
There's a great many people around Atlanta and the South (I like to call them, 'fucking idiots') who still think he did nothing wrong.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
The Dumb One

And no: I don't think he'll be able to redeem himself. He's shown us what he is.
if you do something wrong, you cannot redeem, no matter what..

starting to seem more like a pissed off falcons fan now.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Cochese is a Steelers fan.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

If he destroyed the Saints instead, I'm sure you'd feel different.

Didn't affect my Steelers, but set the franchise here back years through his actions both on and off the field. And that made the city look bad.

And as much as I love those six titles, I badly want this city to get another champion.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
The Dumb One

Cochese is a steelers fan.
that has what to do with my statement?

ok, so say im extremely pissed off at ricky williams and will never forgive him b/c he smoked pot, numerous times, lied about it... got kicked off the saints after failing drug test... came back to the NFL.. go in drug trouble again... and now i hate him and wont forgive him.

sounds kind of stupid doesnt it?

Last edited by Rockstar21; 10-05-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 PM

You mean, this statement?

if you do something wrong, you cannot redeem, no matter what..

starting to seem more like a pissed off falcons fan now.
If you're talking about me, I never ever was a Falcons fan. I was a Vick fan. Keyword, was.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 PM
The Dumb One

sounding like a pissed off falcons fan just means you hate vick blindly.. nothing to do with the team you support.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 PM

ok, so say im extremely pissed off at ricky williams and will never forgive him b/c he smoked pot, numerous times, lied about it... got kicked off the saints after failing drug test... came back to the NFL.. go in drug trouble again... and now i hate him and wont forgive him.

Because smoking pot and lying about it and organizing dogs to savagely thrash at each other to the death and gambling on it is the same thing.....

Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 PM
The Dumb One

personal perception is on an individual basis whether you like it or not

doesnt reflect my opinion.. but people think differently.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

You'd be within your right...if your team went 4-12 because of it the next year or had anything to do with a federal felony.

You mean, this statement?

If you're talking about me, I never ever was a Falcons fan. I was a Vick fan. Keyword, was.
As was I. Still trying to figure out what to do with the jersey in my closet.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:05 PM

sounding like a pissed off falcons fan just means you hate vick blindly.. nothing to do with the team you support.
I don't follow. Then why even mention the team in the first place?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
The Dumb One

I don't follow. Then why even mention the team in the first place?
b/c they all hate him, regardless if they care about the dog fighting or not.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

b/c they all hate him, regardless if they care about the dog fighting or not.
I wonder why I still see a couple thousand Vick jerseys in the crowd.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM

personal perception is on an individual basis whether you like it or not

doesnt reflect my opinion.. but people think differently.
Uh, my point was the magnitude of the crime is the main focus. So two people may enjoy liquor a lot, one person makes a fool out of himself after walking out of a bar, and gets a DIP. The other one goes home, driving drunk off his ass and then goes home to beat his wife and kids. TOTALLY different, neither is good of course.... but completely different.

You'd be within your right...if your team went 4-12 because of it the next year or had anything to do with a federal felony.

As was I. Still trying to figure out what to do with the jersey in my closet.
I really, really contemplated setting it on fire. Or slathering it in meat juices and giving it to my friends' dogs

and yeah, if Vick were on my team in 2006, I would have been real pissed off. Pissed off for four years now, for one thing that he flipped me off (his HOME crowd) and that he lied to us and selfishly, single handedly set back a franchise.

You think San Diego fans have forgiven Ryan Leaf? He didn't even commit any crimes.... he just sucked ass.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

Uh, my point was the magnitude of the crime is the main focus. So two people may enjoy liquor a lot, one person makes a fool out of himself after walking out of a bar, and gets a DIP. The other one goes home, driving drunk off his ass and then goes home to beat his wife and kids. TOTALLY different, neither is good of course.... but completely different.

I really, really contemplated setting it on fire. Or slathering it in meat juices and giving it to my friends' dogs

and yeah, if Vick were on my team in 2006, I would have been real pissed off. Pissed off for four years now, for one thing that he flipped me off (his HOME crowd) and that he lied to us and selfishly, single handedly set back a franchise.

You think San Diego fans have forgiven Ryan Leaf? He didn't even do anything.... he just sucked ass.

I'd sell mine, but prices are shit right now. Should have cashed in.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM

I'd sell mine, but prices are shit right now. Should have cashed in.
You have a Ryan Leaf jersey?!?!

jk. .... well, I hope you don't
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

The Leaf jerseys are worth more!

Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
The Dumb One

if your franchise goes down in a blunder b/c of one player getting removed... you should blame the recruiters/coaches and owner...

but that goes back to most people being sheep and hating/liking who they are told to..

kind of how our stadium boos jordan jefferson for sucking so bad when its les mile's fault he starts...

i was mad about his actions when they occurred several years ago. he has done more than enough to make up for his actions, and also served the time he was given.

does that make him a good person? no.. has he paid for his actions... yes..

whether you agree or not is your decision, im just here to share my opinion.

Quick Reply: NFL: 2010 Season Discussion Thread