Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**

Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
The good news was that our defense did well in the 2nd. But the bad news was those 2nd chance points. This was where not having a healthy Haslem hurt us. Freaking Magloire got in some minutes. Plus the Bulls scheme on Lebron and Wade to have to dump the ball or take bad shots really worked as they combined for only 8 free throw attempts. This is why Bosh had a very nice game. Hopefully we can steal one Wednesday.
I lol'd when Magloire missed that uncontested dunk... but at least he got the put back to save him from shame. haha
Old 05-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,837 Likes on 13,994 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if the LeHeat can adjust. It was essentially a 3-man show with lots of 1-against all the Bulls on the floor until the shot clock runs out. And then, bad shot.

Let's see if LeBron, LeWade, and LeMiniMe learn to play with others instead of a game of pig-in-the-middle with the rest of the roster.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Normally, sharing with "the others" is a good thing .. but "the others" are horribad. Haslem is decent, but he won't be the same for a while.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mystikk
Normally, sharing with "the others" is a good thing .. but "the others" are horribad. Haslem is decent, but he won't be the same for a while.
Wow...if Miami is not successful this year, how do they plan to address this issue next year? Sign Howard and every other top tier RFA...?

It's not like they have the cap space.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
The good news was that our defense did well in the 2nd. But the bad news was those 2nd chance points. This was where not having a healthy Haslem hurt us. Freaking Magloire got in some minutes. Plus the Bulls scheme on Lebron and Wade to have to dump the ball or take bad shots really worked as they combined for only 8 free throw attempts. This is why Bosh had a very nice game. Hopefully we can steal one Wednesday.
In my humble opinion, the second chance points and a couple of wide open dunks in the half court set were indicative of Miami's inability to keep up with the perimeter ball movement on that the Bulls put on display in the second half.

Credit either the Bulls being in the right place offensively, or Miami having to help on the perimeter. I think its solvable...so this'll be a good test of whether Spo and staff can come up with a good answer.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 05-16-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Wow...if Miami is not successful this year, how do they plan to address this issue next year? Sign Howard and every other top tier RFA...?

Who knows. The CBA is probably getting blown up.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Who knows. The CBA is probably getting blown up.
Oh cool. Kobe, Durant, Nowitzki, Howard, and Rose...erm, no...Rose sucks. I mean, Paul all goes to Miami next year!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Spo won almost 50 games last year with Wade and junk. He's increased his win percentage each of his 3 years. It's not like we finished a 2nd seed without adjustments. In the Boston game 4 we were down the whole game until the end. Sure many will probably say because Lebron took over. But Spo did insert James Jones who hit a huge 3 in that game to start the 16-0 run. Spo will have the Phil Jackson effect unless he wins tons of rings thanks to his talent. I remember for years even after winning 6 with Chicago that people were saying Phil Jackson was an average coach because of his talent. Spo will never get credit.
^ True, Spo is an above average coach (certainly better then lets say, Vinny Del Negro) but I think its pretty much unanimous that he's no where near as good as Thib.

IMO, Spo's use of the small lineup couldn't have even seemed good on paper: infact it's border line stupid. Magloire? Really? Because a dude who hasn't played regular minutes is going to be able to take on the Chicago's bigs? When Thibs saw Big Z/Howard as inactive, he must've jumped for joy.

However, overall the Heat did a very good job at preventing Rose from getting into the paint - probably what Spo was pushing for, since Rose's jumper has been suspect for about half of the playoffs this year.

Of course, doesn't help when: 1. Rose is draining all of his jumpers and 2. The Heat can't get a rebound for the life of them.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BraveDemon
^ True, Spo is an above average coach (certainly better then lets say, Vinny Del Negro) but I think its pretty much unanimous that he's no where near as good as Thib.

IMO, Spo's use of the small lineup couldn't have even seemed good on paper: infact it's border line stupid. Magloire? Really? Because a dude who hasn't played regular minutes is going to be able to take on the Chicago's bigs? When Thibs saw Big Z/Howard as inactive, he must've jumped for joy.

However, overall the Heat did a very good job at preventing Rose from getting into the paint - probably what Spo was pushing for, since Rose's jumper has been suspect for about half of the playoffs this year.

Of course, doesn't help when: 1. Rose is draining all of his jumpers and 2. The Heat can't get a rebound for the life of them.
Well, the small-ball approach worked wonders for Miami against the 6ers and the Celtics...

Slight caveat and oversight by the LeHeat though. Philly likes to play small too and so, when you have 2 of the greatest players on the planet (yes, LeWade and LeBron; anyone think LeMiniMe deserves to be in that breath is the same moron who thinks Rose sucks), they can out-talent and have the athleticism to create mismatches...

Against Boston...well, they raised the white flag when Perkins got traded and you have the aging Garnett et al...not going to happen. Again, they lost a step...hence athleticism.

Chicago has the size, hustle, and their #1 rule on offense is to crash the boards...be it Taj Gibson, Boozer, or Noah. And who is going to stop them? Joel Anthony?

The Bulls have Boston's size but add youthful energy and speed which Miami did not encounter yet in the playoffs...if they don't adjust, this will be a short series and I promise I will never stop my torment of asianspec and Doomie.

So...yeah, blame the LeHeat for not doing their homework.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
..and in moves Phil Jackson...

I kid, I kid....

On the Westside, it'll be fun to watch Dirk and Durant go at it. Dallas is deep and veteran, but OKC looks youthful and just won a game 7....might have made them a little tougher.
All kidding aside PJ can be had for $11-$15 mil a year he will coach again he left the Lakers because Buss didn't want to continue paying him what he wanted and Buss was tired of the triangle and he wanted to get back to more of a Showtime style of play.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Miami with the triangle offense...?

Wow, that'll be the day.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Spo won almost 50 games last year with Wade and junk. He's increased his win percentage each of his 3 years. It's not like we finished a 2nd seed without adjustments. In the Boston game 4 we were down the whole game until the end. Sure many will probably say because Lebron took over. But Spo did insert James Jones who hit a huge 3 in that game to start the 16-0 run. Spo will have the Phil Jackson effect unless he wins tons of rings thanks to his talent. I remember for years even after winning 6 with Chicago that people were saying Phil Jackson was an average coach because of his talent. Spo will never get credit.
Until last summers free agency shift the Eastern Conference was AKA the Leastern Conference so winning 50 games there isn't as much of an accomplishment as it had been in the past. Face it Spo is not a good coach but with signing the big 3 Arison didn't want to spend the extra money on a big name coach unless he had to. You finished 2nd seed because you have Lebron James and D-Wade and a pretty good player in Bosh not because of anything that Spo did.

People can say whatever they want about Phil he has 11 rings, the same players he coached and won championships with didn't under other coaches that coached them.

Spo is just along for the ride and if they do win its not because of anything he did or didn't do.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BraveDemon

Thibs is a defensive genius and did a great job with less. Normally coaches in that scenario are recognized more. Shocking stat: Phil Jackson has 1 Coach of the Year award. . But I'm def not saying that Spo is better than Thibs.

As for small ball, sometimes bigger teams can't keep up with the small guys. Since Big Baby was playing like crap and the O'Neals were hurt, we didn't need a big man up there and it worked. You can't blame him for trying something that has had success and we certainly don't have the big man depth. And yeah with Rose, pick your poison.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
Until last summers free agency shift the Eastern Conference was AKA the Leastern Conference so winning 50 games there isn't as much of an accomplishment as it had been in the past. Face it Spo is not a good coach but with signing the big 3 Arison didn't want to spend the extra money on a big name coach unless he had to. You finished 2nd seed because you have Lebron James and D-Wade and a pretty good player in Bosh not because of anything that Spo did.

People can say whatever they want about Phil he has 11 rings, the same players he coached and won championships with didn't under other coaches that coached them.

Spo is just along for the ride and if they do win its not because of anything he did or didn't do.
There you go again pooping on the Heat. How they "struggled" against Philly even though they went 8-1 against them this year. Now this? Are you sure you're not a Heat hater? 50 wins is 50 wins. Weak east? Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston would like a word. Who are you to say that we were 2nd seed because of Spo doing nothing? Get a clue dude.

You missed my point about Phil. I agree he was one of the greatest coaches but he sure caught flack because of the talent. I think it was finally after the 2nd 3-peat that he finally got credit as being one of the greatest. It's the same logic that disproves that Spo is "along for the ride". We won't know for a while so pump your brakes on his criticism.

Last edited by Doom878; 05-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Well, the small-ball approach worked wonders for Miami against the 6ers and the Celtics...

Slight caveat and oversight by the LeHeat though. Philly likes to play small too and so, when you have 2 of the greatest players on the planet (yes, LeWade and LeBron; anyone think LeMiniMe deserves to be in that breath is the same moron who thinks Rose sucks), they can out-talent and have the athleticism to create mismatches...

Against Boston...well, they raised the white flag when Perkins got traded and you have the aging Garnett et al...not going to happen. Again, they lost a step...hence athleticism.

Chicago has the size, hustle, and their #1 rule on offense is to crash the boards...be it Taj Gibson, Boozer, or Noah. And who is going to stop them? Joel Anthony?

The Bulls have Boston's size but add youthful energy and speed which Miami did not encounter yet in the playoffs...if they don't adjust, this will be a short series and I promise I will never stop my torment of asianspec and Doomie.

So...yeah, blame the LeHeat for not doing their homework.
^ I agree 100%!!!!

In my opinion if Spo was a good coach he would accounted for Chicago's defense in his plan because game 1 was the 4th meeting of the year for these teams and its not like they won any of the other meetings, I realize those were much closer games which could have gone either way but they still ended up on the wrong side of the ledger.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

There you go again pooping on the Heat. How they "struggled" against Philly even though they went 8-1 against them this year. Now this? Are you sure you're not a Heat hater? 50 wins is 50 wins. Weak east? Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston would like a word. Who are you to say that we were 2nd seed because of Spo doing nothing? Get a clue dude.

You missed my point about Phil. I agree he was one of the greatest coaches but he sure caught flack because of the talent. I think it was finally after the 2nd 3-peat that he finally got credit as being one of the greatest. It's the same logic that disproves that Spo is "along for the ride". We won't know for a while so pump your brakes on his criticism.
The Heat deserve to be popped they are supposed to be the self proclaimed " Best trio to ever play together" you can say whatever you want but they did struggle against Philly I'm not looking thru rose colored glasses like you.

You just named 4 teams out of 15 in the conference that's not a good ratio and besides that you know the conference is bad when almost every year there is a team with a losing record in the playoffs as opposed to the Western Conference where almost every team in the playoffs has 50 wins.

In my opinion Spo sucks (its true) and he won't be around that long so I don't know why your defending him. You should be glad he won't be around that long because that means you will be getting a better coach one that will help you win even more than you did this year. If I were you I would be pushing him out the door.

Last edited by clpassenubye; 05-16-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

IMHO, Miami's playing has alot to do with Wade/Lebron self-coaching/directing their offsense especially with transitional plays and iso's. I'm not saying Spo is useless, but not exactly sure what he's bringing to the table.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
The Heat deserve to be popped they are supposed to be the self proclaimed " Best trio to ever play together" you can say whatever you want but they did struggle against Philly I'm not looking thru rose colored glasses like you.

You just named 4 teams out of 15 in the conference that's not a good ratio and besides that you know the conference is bad when almost every year there is a team with a losing record in the playoffs as opposed to the Western Conference where almost every team in the playoffs has 50 wins.

In my opinion Spo sucks (its true) and he won't be around that long so I don't know why your defending him. You should be glad he won't be around that long because that means you will be getting a better coach one that will help you win even more than you did this year. If I were you I would be pushing him out the door.
It's true he sux cuz u said it guru. Seriously he has more plusses than minuses so its hard to say he sucked. Last night was more executions fault than coaching. It's not like Spo didn't box out. No local media blames Spo for last night. Clearly you're smarter than them thanks to your vast knowledge of Miami sports.

And saying Arison cheap up on something? I mean didnt he pay the refs in 06 like you intelligently claim? You really are clueless about Heat ball. Stick to your side of the coast.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by synth19
IMHO, Miami's playing has alot to do with Wade/Lebron self-coaching/directing their offsense especially with transitional plays and iso's. I'm not saying Spo is useless, but not exactly sure what he's bringing to the table.
That's the thing nobody's sure. Nobody here watches tape nor knows scouts. You can only go with facts and what u hear. Fact is Spo has a decent resume. I'm not saying he's the best coach but it's really hard to say "he sux cuz I said so" without being in that locker room and practices.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Spo's coaching ability aside (whether he sucks, or he's good, or IMO slightly above average), lets just all agree... small ball will not work against the Bulls.

With that said, expect Wade/Bron to come out angry in Game 2. Should be AWESOME~!

And on a side note: WTF is up with Shannon Brown's tweet about Gasol's ex-fiance?!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

It's true he sux cuz u said it guru. Seriously he has more plusses than minuses so its hard to say he sucked. Last night was more executions fault than coaching. It's not like Spo didn't box out. No local media blames Spo for last night. Clearly you're smarter than them thanks to your vast knowledge of Miami sports.

And saying Arison cheap up on something? I mean didnt he pay the refs in 06 like you intelligently claim? You really are clueless about Heat ball. Stick to your side of the coast.
Calm down you get too defensive about things I mean you can say what you want about the Lakers I would never get like that. I wasn't saying Arison was cheap I was just saying that he had already paid out a lot of money and probably wanted to see how this turned out before he went out and got another coach. I certainly never implied that Arison paid the refs.

Your absolutely right the coach doesn't execute plays on the court the coach should be drawing up plays & sets based the scouting reports, film, current info and tendencies the other team has. Clearly after losing 3 games Spo couldn't figure out that playing small ball wasn't going to work with Chicago.

If we could watch the 2006 series over again with some unbiased people the phantom calls and horrible ref job could be pointed out to you but since your a Heat fan you might choose not to see it.

It's not like Miami has a long standing tradition of excellence in Pro Basketball like the Lakers or Celtics or even the Bulls so unless your from one of these places your probably not used to seeing great basketball played as often as someone that does.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Safety Car

Well, in all seriousness, it is one game...let's see how another 2-3 play out.

I'm having my fun but honestly, I would be shocked if Miami does not bounce back.
QFT

Its one game and its game 1. The Bulls countered whatever the Heat were trying to do in the second half, so I expect the Heat to do the same.

Suffice it to say, I don't think the Heat feel defeated. I think they feel they can go back and make that adjustment.

I think by game 4, we'll get a better picture of whether these teams truly have that higher gear that they can kick it into. But game 1 won't tell you anything really...
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
chicagos bench can "hang" with Miami's starters.. and that will be the downfall of Miami..

bc when Miami's bench hits the floor, it has trouble againt both team 1 and 2 from Chicago
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Team Owner

nah man I'm jus messin like Yum when he bitches about Rose. My tone is lost in the text and I guess the smilies didn't help. You guys know I love to call out BS and if u knew me I do it in a joking sarcastic way.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

QFT

Its one game and its game 1. The Bulls countered whatever the Heat were trying to do in the second half, so I expect the Heat to do the same.

Suffice it to say, I don't think the Heat feel defeated. I think they feel they can go back and make that adjustment.

I think by game 4, we'll get a better picture of whether these teams truly have that higher gear that they can kick it into. But game 1 won't tell you anything really...
True dat its only game 1 so we will have to see how it all shakes out but if we go by recent past Chicago has Miami's number and this is much different than Boston because unlike Boston the Bulls didn't trade away one of the key pieces of their team.

It will certainly be interesting to see if coach Lebron and assistant coach Wade can figure this one out. I know what I would do but its easier said than done in real time.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
nah man I'm jus messin like Yum when he bitches about Rose. My tone is lost in the text and I guess the smilies didn't help. You guys know I love to call out BS and if u knew me I do it in a joking sarcastic way.
yes, im the same way as well.

and it wasn't mickey arison that appointed Coach Spo. He was under training with Pat Riley and was a video analyst for the heat. Since Riley is the President of the organization. Arison went with it. Doc Rivers was a sub 500 coach with most of the teams before he came to the celtics. Even then they did horribly until the big 3 came.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...iverdo01c.html

I think the assumptions are still early as before said even Lebron, D-wade, and Bosh agreed that they were 1 year from being champions. Im being very realistic and even if they don't win this year. Its gonna take time to get role players that gel with this team. In terms of Phil. i dunno why people are comparing him to Coach Spo when thats like comparing Kobe beef to tripe. This is only his 3rd year of coaching. ever.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

they already have haslem and mike miller on the roster who both didn't play this year. they probably would have hit 60 wins with both guys, especially if they had haslem as a perkins-type center and if miller had done anything resembling kyle korver.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by wasupdog
they already have haslem and mike miller on the roster who both didn't play this year. they probably would have hit 60 wins with both guys, especially if they had haslem as a perkins-type center and if miller had done anything resembling kyle korver.
UD had 11 games before season ending injury, MM played half of the year.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Safety Car

<----hopes the Heat win the next game so this thread can get saltier.

I am eating popcorn after all...

Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Senior Moderator

<----hopes the Heat win the next game so this thread can get saltier.

I am eating popcorn after all...

It won't. I expect the LeHeat to absolutely destroy Chicago. The fact the Bulls won Game 1 was luck.

LeHeat in lefive.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Senior Moderator

It won't. I expect the LeHeat to absolutely destroy Chicago. The fact the Bulls won Game 1 was luck.

LeHeat in lefive.
shuddup
Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by asianspec
UD had 11 games before season ending injury, MM played half of the year.
MM is still fucked up from his broken thumbs. He has no confidence and is absolutely sucked this year. The consensus is if that he never got hurt we would've gotten the real Mike Miller who lead the league in 3pt shooting last year.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by asianspec
In terms of Phil. i dunno why people are comparing him to Coach Spo when thats like comparing Kobe beef to tripe. This is only his 3rd year of coaching. ever.
Nobody is comparing Phil to Spo. The point was that when you have all the talent on your team like Phil, a coach gets no credit. As I pointed out Phil is probably our greatest coach of our era or all time in basketball and yet has only one coach of the year award. When Phil got his first 3peat with the Bulls, many didn't give him credit. It was all about MJ and Pippen supposedly. 0% from the coaching supposedly. Phil's Bulls had to win 72 games for him to win it. Spo is in a similar situation as far as no credit to gain. If we lose it's his fault, if we win it's the players. Spo would have to get like 6 rings to show he's a good coach in some people's eyes.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Mavs in 6
Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by imj0257
Mavs in 6
...only to be swept in 2 by the LeHeat.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:45 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Swept in 2
Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mystikk
Swept in 2
Is that giving the Mavs too much credit? Okay...swept in 1. Dallas will cry uncle after Game 1 and cede the Title to the LeHeat.

I know I would. No idea why that retard Rose and the Bulls are even trying.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
The Cavaliers get the #1 pick again. They also have the 4th pick.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OMG, Cavs get the #1 pick with the pick given up by the clips

Quick Reply: NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**