Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**

Old 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
it was flamboyant. ill agree to that. but wouldn't your team be hyped up if lebron came to chicago?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by asianspec
The heat before the season said they werent supposed to win this year. you should do more recomputing there or atleast get the bugs out of your robot.

im not going to say more than i should since i don't want to jinx anything. but if they take it all then of course ill be happy but if they don't. they predicted they wouldnt take it this year anyways. but it still will be faster than loud mouth dan gilbert says. he has to rebuild with new fresh players to get people to play in Cleveland.
I could be wrong but I remember someone from the Heat saying that they will win 5 or 6 championships(which is still possible). I never remember them saying they wouldn't win the championship this year all of their actions implied that they were taking over the NBA Universe.

The top 3 teams in the East are so close and the Heat have a shot at having the best record a but I highly doubt they will because as I have stated before they need a better coach. I'm not saying Spo is bad but he is way overmatched with the talent that is on this team and he doesn't know how to handle them these guys would have the same record right now with a monkey coaching them.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was ing at LBJ missing the intros. He really doesn't seem to have a good sense of how to improve his image. Hiding from the boo's was pretty weak. Of all the games to "have to use the bathroom", hahaha
Old 03-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
man when its baseball and basketball season its gonna be a nightmare driving thru the 22,57, and 5 fwy.

Orange crush!! Luckily, I'm in Diamond bar, so getting to games is against traffic.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
I could be wrong but I remember someone from the Heat saying that they will win 5 or 6 championships(which is still possible). I never remember them saying they wouldn't win the championship this year all of their actions implied that they were taking over the NBA Universe.

The top 3 teams in the East are so close and the Heat have a shot at having the best record a but I highly doubt they will because as I have stated before they need a better coach. I'm not saying Spo is bad but he is way overmatched with the talent that is on this team and he doesn't know how to handle them these guys would have the same record right now with a monkey coaching them.
They did say they were going to win several championships, but before the season, Wade himself said that they were still underdogs to atleast to the Lakers since they are the returning champions. I think you are underestimating Coach Spo, who wouldn't have a nightmare to work to 3 superstars ego to work .its not as easy as playing it on Playstation or something. Look at D'Antoni, he's a well respected and winning coach, but he's having the biggest problems with only 2 superstars, just imagine 3. This year is really a test to see if superstars can co-exist on 1 team
Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Orange crush!! Luckily, I'm in Diamond bar, so getting to games is against traffic.
i used to live in Santa Ana on Bristol. next to those fwys, it was a nightmare.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Osamu
i was ing at LBJ missing the intros. He really doesn't seem to have a good sense of how to improve his image. Hiding from the boo's was pretty weak. Of all the games to "have to use the bathroom", hahaha
When he did the interview here, he stated that he accepted being the villain and wasn't trying to change his image and only perform on the court. but the bathroom thing. i dunno.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Safety Car

i used to live in Santa Ana on Bristol. next to those fwys, it was a nightmare.
I used to work in Costa Mesa on Harbor and Sunflower...drove home using the 55, 5, and the 57 to Diamond Barrio everyday man....

...and if a team gets here, it will definitely be a nightmare.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

They did say they were going to win several championships, but before the season, Wade himself said that they were still underdogs to atleast to the Lakers since they are the returning champions. I think you are underestimating Coach Spo, who wouldn't have a nightmare to work to 3 superstars ego to work .its not as easy as playing it on Playstation or something. Look at D'Antoni, he's a well respected and winning coach, but he's having the biggest problems with only 2 superstars, just imagine 3. This year is really a test to see if superstars can co-exist on 1 team
Phil Jackson wouldn't have a nightmare nor Larry Brown or even Doc Rivers but only a few coaches can handle players of that caliber. I'm not underestimating Spo he's just not cut out for this job and he's doing them a disservice. I highly doubt he will be with this team for the long run.

Btw all the above named coaches have won championships. D'Antoni is good in some ways but not in the same class and I don't see him ever winning an NBA Championship with the style of play he coaches.

Last edited by clpassenubye; 03-30-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by Osamu
I think Lebron knows at this point the only way to improve his image is to win the Championshp.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Phil Jackson wouldn't have a nightmare nor Larry Brown or even Doc Rivers but only a few coaches can handle players of that caliber. I'm not underestimating Spo he's just not cut out for this job and he's doing them a disservice. I highly doubt he will be with this team for the long run.

Btw all the above named coaches have won championships. D'Antoni is good in some ways but not in the same class and I don't see him ever winning an NBA Championship with the style of play he coaches.
ok lets break it down. although Phil won with Jordan,Shaq,Kobe(primetime superstars) they had supporting cast players: Pippen,Rodman,Gasol. Even when it was the Shaq and Kobe show, Kobe wasn't in his prime. We probably wouldn't see his 81 on the raptors if Shaq was still there.

Larry & Doc had and has role players that complemented each position, thats why they won championships.

What my point is that you take 3 superstars from other teams which they were the #1 option, you are going to have problems. I agree with your opinon on D'antoni which he still has to prove himself by winning a title. All coaches need to start somewhere. Just like any person, how is somebody going to get experience when they don't have any.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

My point is the coaches I named know how to deal with superstar players and that not all coaches do. I wasn't saying anything about role players so they are irrelevant to my point.

Some coaches are just better at dealing with players and situations than others and SPO isn't one of those coaches yet maybe sometime in the future he will learn from his experience and will get better at it but maybe not. I think he is on a short leash with the Heat and I just don't think he will be around in the long run.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Pat Riley has no intentions of replacing Coach Spo in the meantime since they are like if this to happen next season then they would reevaluate the situation.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
LeBron missed the intro at the last Spurs game too.

Larry Brown has one ring and no superstars to manage on that team. Gregg Popovich got tons of criticism after firing Bob Hill who had a fantastic record to take over as coach. Rodman ragged on him in his book and how'd he never win championshipsand one San Antonio sports writer heavily criticized him. But then they got Duncan.....Not saying Spo will get a ring for sure, but let's see how he turns out. I would like Jerry Sloan but his hard nose attitude versus superstar mentalities might not blend. Sometimes big name coaches don't work and most of the time players make that coaches career.

Last edited by Doom878; 03-31-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts

Forget about the coach... Too much money is tied up into three players. If this team doesn't see results within 2 years or so, I see Bosh traded. Of course, Spo will be the fall guy first. There may even be more salary restrictions after the next CBA, so the Heat are potentially fcked if the big three don't make it happen.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,790 Likes on 13,975 Posts
^ They have no bench. And with Haslem gone...a so-so bench went to ...

It's all good. The Heat's offense structure is quite innovative. It's essentially a game of pass between 3 players and the other 2 just stand there and pick their noses. It's quite cool.

It's almost, ALMOST like a 3 on 5 in hockey...the Heat enjoy constantly being on the PK.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Not even. Wade iso or LeBron iso. Bosh picks up the sloppy seconds.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Argh...sorry for that mistake. I haven't finished my tea yet and still lacking caffeine.

BUT, VERY CORRECT observation Akuma!

It is actually a game of pass between TWO players...with a third kinda playing Pig in the Middle (*sneezes* BOSH!)...If the Pig is lucky, he'll get to touch the ball and get a basket or two. The other players just stand around though. No one else touches the basketball. It belongs to LeBron and LeWade. It has their names on it.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Team Owner

Actually they've done more with the offense recently than the whole stand and watch offense. But yeah Haslem is coming back but won't be 100% until next season. I think if him and Miller don't get hurt and we have a much better 5 at the end of games as was planned instead of Bibby and whoever, we'd be a little bit better although we're like 3 games out of #1 anyways. (No Yum many said Boston would still be #1 seed before you say we'd be 83 (bonus win) and 0 )

/loves how the NBA thread's purpose is to poop on the Heat any chance possible when LA and Boston have near identical records to Miami
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by Doom878
Actually they've done more with the offense recently than the whole stand and watch offense. But yeah Haslem is coming back but won't be 100% until next season. I think if him and Miller don't get hurt and we have a much better 5 at the end of games as was planned instead of Bibby and whoever, we'd be a little bit better although we're like 3 games out of #1 anyways. (No Yum many said Boston would still be #1 seed before you say we'd be 83 (bonus win) and 0 )

/loves how the NBA thread's purpose is to poop on the Heat any chance possible when LA and Boston have near identical records to Miami
Sorry but the Heat brought all the in this case negative attention on themselves because they acted like they were basketball Gods before they ever played one game together as a team.

Forget the records the Lakers and the Celtics are proven quantities and have championships with their current squads to prove it the Heat on the other hand don't. When and if the Heat win a championship or multiple championships with this squad then more people will warm up to them.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Senior Moderator

But, Boston and LA don't have the BIG TWO and a Fifth.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Thicker skin....just sayin....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

2 big games tonight that have an affect on the Western Conference standings. The Lakers will take care of their business hopefully Boston will take care of the Spurs.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Safety Car

2 big games tonight that have an affect on the Western Conference standings. The Lakers will take care of their business hopefully Boston will take care of the Spurs.
I'm hopin for that...I'm wondering who's sitting for the Spurs tonight? Duncan's is a real injury, but anyone other than that is just Coach Pop shutting it down with a big enough lead.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Safety Car

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2011...zenship-award/

Ron Artest? Citizenship award?

He's come a long way...
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The Laker game should be a good one. Let's hope we take care of business.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Safety Car

Hope they do man...
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM
failhard.

Celtics!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by princelybug
The Laker game should be a good one. Let's hope we take care of business.
Crazy one eh?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 AM
failhard.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Crazy one eh?
Boy was it! Very chippy, but I'm glad the Lakers showed domination.

Originally Posted by mystikk

9 years, 8 teams.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Team Owner

Sorry but the Heat brought all the in this case negative attention on themselves because they acted like they were basketball Gods before they ever played one game together as a team.

Forget the records the Lakers and the Celtics are proven quantities and have championships with their current squads to prove it the Heat on the other hand don't. When and if the Heat win a championship or multiple championships with this squad then more people will warm up to them.
For the record and it has been documented many times but of course the bias national media continues to fail to mention that the players didn't even know what the celebration would be and that it was going to be that big of a deal. It's a freaking pep rally and yet we're showing up the league? The only one guilty is LeBron for The Decision thing which he did raise a few million bucks for kids. Sure I'm not a fan of The Decision but of course that huge reward fact is swept under the rug. As a parent, I love the fact that children can get that kind of help. No need to lump in Wade and Bosh into that mix. It's really haterade when people do that. If anything, they took LESS money to make a team. Meanwhile max players like Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire carry mediocre squads. But they're more honorable because they crippled their franchise. Ok

And the Heat have as many championships as the Celtics in the last 25 years so I don't know where the proven quantity is. I mention the Lakers because you got guys on that team like Kobe and Ron A that have done more on and off the court to deserve criticism (rape trial accusation, brawl with fans, poor choice in comments) in their careers than our Big 3 put together. I guess winning makes people forget so no need to hate on them. Winning means everything. Besides if the Heat win multiple championships, more people will hate them and want them knocked off.

It's not about thick skin. I'd rather my team be in the mix than loved and crappy. The media attention is warranted due to the star power. The criticism though is pretty ridiculous you all have to admit.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

^^Sorry to hear that, but it kinda is about thick skin...your post proves it. The Lakers have had a much worse history than the Heat have endured in this one year. Its really fun when Celtics fans remind you that they are 9-2 (now 9-3 lol) overall in finals against them, or that all other fans say Kobe is a rapist. I'll tell you that it was not fun getting piled on during the 2008-2009 season after the game 6 131-92 pasting of the Lakers on the Celtics home court. If you count having to wait for the Celtics to finally show up for a finals rematch, that was 2 years of bullshit.

I mean, this whole big 3 not working thing, actually started in the 70s, with Elgin, West, and Chamberlin....who are all are HOF legends who really only able to get it done once. Jerry West himself had to live with an 1 championship, after getting there 8 or 9 times.

So ya, the Lakers have far greater problems in the past. But the key? Its the past. The Heat's troubles are present topic of conversation. The Heat are the team of note this year, whether you like the extra scrutiny or not. The Lakers seem to be the the team to follow every year, so this one year by the Heat, its really not that bad. I don't mean to trivialize, but its true. Its just gonna be there.

So I'm saying, ignore the hate. Its just not fun to answer every criticism, or to believe that everyone in here is about the same things (Heat hate). I know there are a lot of Laker Haters here or elsewhere, but who cares? There isn't anything you or I can do about it.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 04-01-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

I missed this the first time....

.... I mention the Lakers because you got guys on that team like Kobe and Ron A ....
This explains a whole lot...
Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Ok...so what I'm hearing is...Lake Show FTW!?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by princelybug
Ok...so what I'm hearing is...Lake Show FTW!?
they still need to beat the Heat first.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Safety Car

^^not if the Bulls beat them first....

Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator

^^not if the Bulls beat them first....

Bulls will lose to the Knicks in the first round.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

^^Everyone loses to Ron A, who apparently is on the Lakers.

but ya, I'd talk to yumcha or synth about that bulls-knicks series...
Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

^^Everyone loses to Ron A, who apparently is on the Lakers.

but ya, I'd talk to yumcha or synth about that bulls-knicks series...

Quick Reply: NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**