Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

**Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**

Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
Well, that would not be surprising seeing how Irvin is supposedly TO's "friend" (I have no idea how the latter has any friends or the concept of)...

Maybe TO will end up on the Raiders since they have an affinity for the bad boys in football?
From what I read, T.O. employed Michael Irvin as his personal public-relations spokesperson.

edit: Unless the writer was being sarcastic.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5061112
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,837 Likes on 13,994 Posts
I'm guessing the team most likely crazy enough to get TO is the Raiders...but, I also stand by my comments on how a contender just may get him for the rest of the season.

TO will play hard for that contender to try and "prove" that he's a good team player and kinda shove it to the Eagles. But, watch out next season cuz he'll say his contract sucks and that his QB no good...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sdog2012
The radiers are the only team i can think of that would take him since they dont care about team chemistry, imagine him trying to get along with randy.

He will never be on the patriots, theyre doing just fine without him..
Yeah, as crazy of a dual that would be...it probably won't happen. But man, if it did, I would not want to be the defensive coordinator facing them.

Regarding the Patriots being mentioned...I just listed team names, so feel free to throw out or in any team you think he may end up with.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow, Chrebet's career may be over...

Always liked him...good player...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5062214
Old 11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm guessing the team most likely crazy enough to get TO is the Raiders...but, I also stand by my comments on how a contender just may get him for the rest of the season.

TO will play hard for that contender to try and "prove" that he's a good team player and kinda shove it to the Eagles. But, watch out next season cuz he'll say his contract sucks and that his QB no good...
Again, T.O. will not play football for the rest of the year. They will not cut him because the cap hit will be too huge and the trade dead line has passed. They will pay his weekly stipend for the rest of the season while requesting that he stay away from the team. Next year, they will first try to trade him, then at worst, release him.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cazzy
Again, T.O. will not play football for the rest of the year. They will not cut him because the cap hit will be too huge and the trade dead line has passed. They will pay his weekly stipend for the rest of the season while requesting that he stay away from the team. Next year, they will first try to trade him, then at worst, release him.
Yeah, I hear you about the Keyshawned thing...Just speculating, that's all...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

That guy plays with a lot of heart...that sucks if he is done for good!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

Now for something completely different:

Police in Tampa, Florida, say two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders are facing charges stemming from a fight in a nightclub restroom.

Renee Thomas and fellow TopCat Angela Keathley were both arrested after Saturday night's incident. Thomas initially gave police the driver's license of another cheerleader who didn't make
the trip.

A police spokeswoman says Thomas will be charged with one count of battery for punching a woman in the face, and with giving a false name, causing harm to another.

The spokeswoman says the Florida Attorney General's office upgraded the false-name charge to a a third-degree felony because of its impact on the third cheerleader, who says she was at a wedding in South Carolina.

Witnesses say the two cheerleaders were engaged in sexual activity in a bathroom stall, and customers got angry because they stayed in the stall. Arguing escalated after they came out of the stall and a third woman was punched in the face.
These are two pretty fugly NFL cheerleaders.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TLover
Now for something completely different:

These are two pretty fugly NFL cheerleaders.

Sorry, but this is a ...
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,234 Likes on 823 Posts

He is a friend of one of my coworkers.....
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Burning Brakes

the colts vs pats game was great. it was great to see the pats get their asses kicked
Old 11-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by andyjl
the colts vs pats game was great. it was great to see the pats get their asses kicked
Meh...not really. Sure, I don't mind a new superpower in the AFC...but, the Pats were down defensively. It was kinda not a fair fight to start with?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
So I guess this makes the Colts the legitimate Super Bowl contender?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by cazzy
There is no chance or even a remote possibility that T.O. will be out of the league next year. Someone will sign him, guaranteed. There is always that one coach/organization that thinks they can change a man. I wouldn't be shocked if Michael Irvin tries to push him towards the Cowboys.
Now THAT would be a real soap opera! Keyshawn and TO on the same team. They would need the hole in Texas Stadium's roof so that the ego could escape. Better yet, how about Oakland. Al Davis seems to have a penchant for renegades. Moss and TO on the same team would be dangerous in more ways than one. BTW - I'm an Eagles fan who hated to see him go because of his talent but his disruptive tendencies gave the Eagles no other choice.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everybody that says the Pats are down defensively but what about the offense. The offense last night didn't pick up till late in the 3rd quarter. I'm glad the Pats LUCK have run out.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

I give props to the Eagles for cutting their losses and not bringing the team down even further with all of Terrell's immaturity.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM
We dont love these hoes

T.O. is holding a press conference on his front lawn,looks like hes about to cry! all i know is if i was a player, drew rosenhaus would be my agent!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Two and Drew are idiots and deserve each other.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sdog2012
T.O. is holding a press conference on his front lawn,looks like hes about to cry! all i know is if i was a player, drew rosenhaus would be my agent!
If he's trying to play the victim in this scenario, he's kidding himself...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
We dont love these hoes

If he's trying to play the victim in this scenario, he's kidding himself...

they were, it was pathetic
Old 11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

:ghey:-ness...

============

T.O. apologizes
Owens says sorry to Eagles, McNabb and fans

MOORESTOWN, N.J. (AP) -- A contrite Terrell Owens, hoping to overturn his dismissal from the Philadelphia Eagles, on Tuesday apologized to coach Andy Reid, quarterback Donovan McNabb, the team's owner and president, and fans.

"I fight for what I think is right. In doing so, I alienated a lot of my fans and my teammates," Owens said, reading a statement outside his house.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Owens was making a public apology in hopes of returning to the Eagles immediately.

Owens on Monday was told by the team not to return this season. The decision resulted from "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

The All-Pro wide receiver didn't play in Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

He was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of McNabb.

Owens apologized specifically to Reid, McNabb, Eagles president Joe Banner, owner Jeffrey Lurie and to fans.

To McNabb, Owens said, "I apologize to him for any comments that may have been negative."

McNabb, who feuded with Owens throughout the summer, was a constant target of his criticism. He finally took a stand in the matter Sunday, saying the team might be "better off" without Owens.

Asked to elaborate on how the team could be better off without its top receiver, McNabb emphasized the remaining players are united with the same goal of winning.

Rookie Reggie Brown filled in for Owens against Washington and caught five passes for 94 yards, including a 56-yard TD reception. But the Eagles' offense continued to struggle and couldn't score the tying touchdown with three shots from the Redskins 7 in the final minutes.

The Eagles are 4-4 this season, a steep drop from last season's Super Bowl run.

Owens' relationship with the Eagles took a drastic turn after he fired longtime agent David Joseph, hired Rosenhaus and demanded a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

Owens clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with Reid that followed a shouting match with offensive coordinator Brad Childress.

Owens forced a trade to the Eagles last year after eight seasons with the 49ers and invigorated the offense with his superior skills. He had 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs in 14 games.

Soon after Philadelphia lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl, Owens took his first shot at McNabb, suggesting the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback was tired in the fourth quarter of the loss.

McNabb responded harshly and the two didn't speak for a prolonged period in training camp. They eventually reconciled their relationship and performed well together on the field -- Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs this season.

However, Owens continued to throw verbal jabs at McNabb.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

T.Owned...

================

T.O. apologizes, but Eagles won't take him back

Terrell Owens wants to return to the Eagles, but the team won't have him.

A contrite Owens, hoping to overturn his dismissal from the Philadelphia Eagles, on Tuesday apologized to coach Andy Reid, quarterback Donovan McNabb, the team's owner and president, and fans.

However, Eagles officials who watched the news conference told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that the team will not take Owens back.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Owens was making a public apology in hopes of returning to the Eagles immediately.

"We hope he plays again for the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus said.

"I fight for what I think is right. In doing so, I alienated a lot of my fans and my teammates," Owens said, reading a statement outside his house in Moorestown, N.J., outside Philadelphia.

"It really hurts me not to be a part of this team anymore," Owens said.

Rosenhaus said Owens wants to return to the Eagles "ASAP."

Owens on Monday was told by the team not to return this season. The decision resulted from "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

The All-Pro wide receiver didn't play in Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

He was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of McNabb.

Owens apologized specifically to Reid, McNabb, Eagles president Joe Banner, owner Jeffrey Lurie and to fans.

To McNabb, Owens said, "I apologize to him for any comments that may have been negative."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
T.O. is a prick and deserves all of the shit he's eating right now.

Unfortunately I'm sure 4-5 teams will be making him offers as soon as they can. The guy can play; he's just a total cancer in the locker room.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Keeping emos out of

Talking

That T.O. apology news conference is on ESPN now and is the funniest shit evah. This guy is a serious assclown and so is his agent. He deserves another chance in the NFL as a restroom attendent in Giants stadium
Old 11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Banned

I think T.O. is the biggest ass in sports (bigger than Bonds). Unfortunately, I'm also a Raider fan and Al Davis seems to take a liking to players like T.O.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by TLover
I think T.O. is the biggest ass in sports (bigger than Bonds). Unfortunately, I'm also a Raider fan and Al Davis seems to take a liking to players like T.O.
There seriously wouldn't be enough footballs to go around in Oakland with both him and Moss. I think he may go to the Seahawks, they always need receivers who will not drop passes, but i think he would only be signed to a one year contract.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
colts to win superbowl end of thread....... vs steelers
Old 11-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Keeping emos out of

Talking

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
Um, they are both AFC teams so they can't meet in the Super Bowl
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by goose25
Um, they are both AFC teams so they can't meet in the Super Bowl
awww shit
Old 11-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Keeping emos out of

This just in: Part of the fine imposed upon Terrell Owens to go to local Home Owners Association to pay for resodding his lawn.

It's hard to believe that this clown is a millionaire but has a lawn that looks like this. What, he can't use $3 or $4k to resod that dawn pit?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Safety Car

This TO Appology was a big circus done in attempt to re-coup the money that would;ve been paid had he stayed on and also to save face for the next team.

It's very disappoting and stupid to the eagles fans but he had to be cut, no other choice, too much unnecessary negative drama. TO seems like a puppet without his own thoughts and Drew is responsible for this mess.

I am burned out, no more TO, good bye.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Drifting

It's hard to believe that this clown is a millionaire but has a lawn that looks like this. What, he can't use $3 or $4k to resod that dawn pit?
Well, he has to feed his family, remember?

It's almost working out for Rosenhaus, though.. The only way he was making any money off of TO was for TO to get released and sign a new contract.

Also, the Eagles are known for not cutting players in the middle their contract, so maybe they would've retained him if TO kept his behavior in check. Then Rosenhaus definitely would've received nothing.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Cause of power outages...

Maybe he's just keepin it real.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Keeping emos out of

Originally Posted by Hojo061782
Maybe he's just keepin it real.
Yeah, real dumb!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:57 AM
We dont love these hoes

i feel bad for him, i mean he has to drive the avalance instead of the EXT or the range rover
Old 11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Once more into the breach

Priest Holmes done????

Did you guys see this......

KSHB NBC in Kansas City reports that Priest Holmes could announce his retirement as soon as Thursday.
The report confirms our exclusive news Tuesday that Holmes' season and career is likely over. Doctors have reportedly found a lump in Holmes' spine, which could make him vulnerable to paralyzation. As of late Tuesday, Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil claimed to still be in the dark about what will happen
Old 11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

I'm happy T.O is gone and I hope no one picks him up without some kind of morals clause in his contract.

Priest Holmes is a great back but with his injury problems its probaby good that he retires. I heard Wayne Chrebet might retire also after suffering his 9th concussion.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by peacefrog
Did you guys see this......

KSHB NBC in Kansas City reports that Priest Holmes could announce his retirement as soon as Thursday.
The report confirms our exclusive news Tuesday that Holmes' season and career is likely over. Doctors have reportedly found a lump in Holmes' spine, which could make him vulnerable to paralyzation. As of late Tuesday, Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil claimed to still be in the dark about what will happen
Ack. He's a goodie too...

Faulk is done too...
Old 11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
They've been saying since last year that Priest wanted to retire. This injury could be the straw.

Quick Reply: **Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**