Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

**Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**

Old 11-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
I'm scarred. I'm missing Stephen Jackson and my Defense on a bye. TO and Boldin are hurt and out for a few weeks.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Once more into the breach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
I'm scarred. I'm missing Stephen Jackson and my Defense on a bye. TO and Boldin are hurt and out for a few weeks.

Pick up Iron Head Heyward for S. Jackson, he's making a comeback.

I'd offer some suggestions, but you need to provide more detail, or were you just whining
Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Team Owner

Whining
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Jake Delhomme vs Tampa Bay or Eli Manning vs SF?

I'm thinking Jake would be a better start cuz i'd think that the giants would be running it a lot. and doesn't Jake Delhomme have a lot of success against Tampa Bay?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Team Owner

Eli didn't have the greatest game even though they shut down Washington. The D might let up this week and they'll be forced to pass. I'm sure Tampa will be pretty pissed from losing to San Fran.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
On the left as usual. How do I look this week?

Old 11-04-2005, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by andyjl
Jake Delhomme vs Tampa Bay or Eli Manning vs SF?

I'm thinking Jake would be a better start cuz i'd think that the giants would be running it a lot. and doesn't Jake Delhomme have a lot of success against Tampa Bay?

I take every opportunity to start anyone playing the Niners, TB sucks, they havent beat anyone good all year. Eli will fair much better against SF
Old 11-04-2005, 07:47 AM

S-tivo....youre playing Sellers??? Did I miss something, did Portis get hit by a bus? I think you look fine outside of RB 2.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by peacefrog
S-tivo....youre playing Sellers??? Did I miss something, did Portis get hit by a bus? I think you look fine outside of RB 2.

I'm weak on RB but I have no other options. All season I was running 2 RBs and 3 WRs and just killing each week but now 2 of my WRs aren't playing.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by mrsteve
I'm weak on RB but I have no other options. All season I was running 2 RBs and 3 WRs and just killing each week but now 2 of my WRs aren't playing.

Can you not pick up another player
Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by peacefrog
Can you not pick up another player
I could, but there's no one left.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:05 AM

I could, but there's no one left.

hmmm....not even like a Tony Fisher or Kevan Barlow?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Team Owner

Nope. The top 2 RBs available are D. McAllister and M. Pittman. Both of whom are injured.

A WR there' Taylor T, MIN and Battle A, SF
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 AM

Nope. The top 2 RBs available are D. McAllister and M. Pittman. Both of whom are injured.

A WR there' Taylor T, MIN and Battle A, SF

Man that sux, sounds like you have been doing ok though and can afford a loss. So youre league can start any combination of backs and recievers? In mine I have to start 2 rbs and 3 wr's. I would go out and grab a WR who will at least play. Sellers may not get any carries. How about Courtney Roby WR-Ten or Bryant Johnson WR-AZ. Injuries to Boldin and Calico should open them up to some catches.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Team Owner

Why don't you start Tennessee Defense instead of Pitt? I think they have more overall points and Cleveland is weak. Is Ruben Droughns even playing since he got the DUI?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Doom878
Why don't you start Tennessee Defense instead of Pitt? I think they have more overall points and Cleveland is weak. Is Ruben Droughns even playing since he got the DUI?

Meh......GB is the stinky. I picked up Cinci's defense last week just to start them against INT-Brett, and the didnt disappoint with 5 picks. I say steel-curtain all the way, and yes it looks like Droughns is playing from what I have read.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Banned

T.O. suspended indefinitely.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
This just in, T.O. is suspended indefinitely. fuck him.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Race Director

FUCK!! tlover beat me to it
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 AM
We dont love these hoes

This is fucking ridiculous, hes such a fucking whiny little crybaby!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zeroday
FUCK!! tlover beat me to it
Fuck off.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by TLover
Fuck off.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Banned

I think T.O. will get the Keyshawn treatment. The question now is, who's willing to take him?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Race Director

^^ tough sell. he cant be reformed and he isnt worth the money he thinks he is. andy ried learned that the hard way.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zeroday
^^ tough sell. he cant be reformed and he isnt worth the money he thinks he is. andy ried learned that the hard way.
I think the only team willing to take his attitude is the Raiders, but they already have Moss. Al Davis loves the renegades.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
We dont love these hoes

He seems to want to go to Atlanta, where he would play with a much less acurate passer and catch alot less balls....... he doesnt know what he wants!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Race Director

Received 900 Likes on 546 Posts
Ass

Terrell Owens was suspended by the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team, a catch-all sanction that team officials imposed after deliberating much of Friday over how to address the latest flap involving their loquacious wide receiver.

Hoge: Bridge 'completely' burned
Merril Hoge

I'll be shocked if we ever see Terrell Owens in an Eagles uniform again. He's going to have to be traded because he's completely burned the bridge with this team and his teammates.

When the Eagles and coach Andy Reid allowed Owens to come back after a chaotic offseason spent bashing the organization and players, they set themselves up for this to happen. I said then that the organization was going to have to deal with the T.O. mess eventually, and now Philadelphia is dealing with him. This team should've put its foot down earlier and made sure this didn't happen again by either trading him or suspending him for a couple of games.

Instead, the Eagles sent him home, let him off with a lazy apology and showed him that he was more important than the team. That was a mistake, but it's good to see that they've rectified it, albeit too late.

If the Eagles are smart, they'll try to get a power running back for Owens. Unfortunately for them, if the Randy Moss trade is any barometer, the market for a talented but troublesome receiver may be limited.
-- Merril Hoge
Owens, who blasted the organization on Thursday for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago, will miss the Eagles' key Sunday night game against the Washington Redskins.

It is uncertain when -- or if -- he will return to the team.

Under terms of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, a player can be suspended for a maximum of four games for conduct detrimental to his team. It remained unclear if the Eagles have fined Owens; a team source declined to address any financial element of the disciplinary action. A fine would cost Owens $191,176 for every game he misses, based on his salary of $3.25 million for this season.

It is not certain if Owens, who was suspended for a week during training camp, will appeal the latest sanction by Eagles officials. Agent Drew Rosenhaus did not immediately return messages Saturday afternoon.

Rookie Reggie Brown, a second-round draft choice, is expected to replace Owens in the starting lineup when Philadelphia (4-3) meets Washington (4-3) in Sunday night's important NFC East game (ESPN, 8:30 ET).

Critical of quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization during an interview Thursday with ESPN.com, Owens issued a private apology Friday to teammates, followed by a public apology in which he read a terse statement. One team source said Saturday, though, that Owens' apologies failed to fully comply with all of the conditions that team officials, including coach Andy Reid, had stipulated.

Even after his apology, team officials told ESPN.com on Friday afternoon and reiterated later in the evening that the situation with Owens was still under review and hinted that a suspension remained a possibility. Said one team official at the time: "All options remain on the table."

TO SPEAKS OUT

Excerpts from Graham Bensinger's exclusive interview with Terrell Owens for ESPN.com:
Owens talks about ...
• How Donovan McNabb's struggles have affected the Eagles ESPN Motion
• Playing hurt in the Super Bowl and a secret waiver ESPN Motion
• Interview transcript
Owens was upset that the organization did not publicly recognize his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone, told ESPN.com. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, also told ESPN.com he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

The Eagles spent considerable time Friday speaking with league officials and clarifying through the NFL Management Council various options. Owens was unavailable to the media after his public apology, but he did make his weekly appearance on a Miami radio station.

"Hey, if I am [suspended], I am," he said. "That would be a discredit to the team and obviously it would hurt the team. It would be a sad situation."

The suspension culminated another week of unrest with Owens. Early in the week, he apprised Philadelphia officials that he had sprained his ankle in last Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, and might require some time off. One day later, he was back at practice and seemingly prepared to play against the Redskins, at least before the latest incendiary incident.

In seven games this season, Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns.

This is the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. While a 49er in 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his touchdown celebrations on the Cowboys' star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
^^ He's a whiney little bitch who pissed because nfl teams don't recognize individual milestones like getting 100 TD's...
Old 11-05-2005, 05:42 PM
In need of an AV.........

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I will take him in Tennessee. We need a deep threat and have a ton of cap room to spend.

j/k---fuck off TO
Old 11-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

A Trenton, N.J., newspaper reported that the final straw was T.O. skipping over a section of the written apology that discussed McNabb.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,837 Likes on 13,994 Posts
What is wrong with that guy. I just don't get it.

All that talent and no brains. Well, he got what he deserved...still will NEVER understand why WRs are the biggest drama queens in sports. It's like they have this need above all other positions in sports to have require constant attention/adoration. Makes me wonder if WRs by default were abused as kids or something...
Old 11-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

I hope they never trade him (which is what he wants, so he can get a new contract), which will cause him to keep mouthing off. This way they can conitue to suspend him rendering him useless. If he is not on the field then his ego will be useless. Maybe someday he will grow up, but I doubt it.

Two is an asshole and all I got for him is
Old 11-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by I'm Batman
I hope they never trade him (which is what he wants, so he can get a new contract), which will cause him to keep mouthing off. This way they can conitue to suspend him rendering him useless. If he is not on the field then his ego will be useless. Maybe someday he will grow up, but I doubt it.

Two is an asshole and all I got for him is
If the Iggles want to keep him to just to keep him on the bench, then they'll have to pay him 9Mil roster bonus after this season.

He doesn't want to get traded. He just wants to get paid this year, rather than hoping for the phantom roster bonus.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Originally Posted by Yumchah
What is wrong with that guy. I just don't get it.

All that talent and no brains. Well, he got what he deserved...still will NEVER understand why WRs are the biggest drama queens in sports. It's like they have this need above all other positions in sports to have require constant attention/adoration. Makes me wonder if WRs by default were abused as kids or something...
The eagles knew what they were getting into when they brought TO to Philly so they should not even be surprised at this mess. I read the transcript on ESPN and I thought that the interview was okay. However he should not have went into the whole Brett Farve thing. I don't know if he was trying to insult Donovan or just giving Brett Farve respect, but he should have just avoided that question altogether. In the end, I think that the Eagles were just tired of TO getting all of the attention by the media and they decided try suspending him to get him in check. Fat chance if you ask me.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:12 AM
We dont love these hoes

I cant see any team wanting to pick him up for next season if he gets cut. he DEFINATLY wont get even half of what hes getting paid right now... i would love to see him, as one of the best recivers in the league, talk his way out of the NFL. kind of like Sprewell did...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
^^ I can see the Raiders picking TO up... Especially if it's at a bargin price...
Old 11-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLover
I think T.O. will get the Keyshawn treatment. The question now is, who's willing to take him?
So long as this asshat has talent, and he does, he'll find some team in the League who'll give him another chance. Hell, some teams would sign Hannibal Lecter if he ran a 4.3 40, and was willing to go across the middle of the field. No matter that he would kill half of the special teams each week and serve them up to the offensive line with with fava beans and a nice chianti!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sdog2012
He seems to want to go to Atlanta, where he would play with a much less acurate passer and catch alot less balls....... he doesnt know what he wants!
When he was talking noize earlier in the year about being traded to Atlanta, Jim Mora Jr. flat out stated that they did not need the heacaches. On another note, i don't think that Ron Mexico would take all that shit that McNabb takes from Owens. I have a feeling that he would get the Ray Lewis treatment and would be found dead somewhere in Buckhead.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I say this suspension was all calculated by Terril and his agent, now he will get what he wants... to get traded.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by goose25
So long as this asshat has talent, and he does, he'll find some team in the League who'll give him another chance. Hell, some teams would sign Hannibal Lecter if he ran a 4.3 40, and was willing to go across the middle of the field. No matter that he would kill half of the special teams each week and serve them up to the offensive line with with fava beans and a nice chianti!!!
Any owner who signs T.O. to a contract deserves what they get.

Quick Reply: **Official NFL Football Discussion Thread**