Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sT04Louis
If you dont mind....

Why the V2?

If i recall correctly, ive seen a couple threads of people having the lower mounting tab breaking at the welds. Luckily no large debris was ingested into the motor...but that wouldnt be a fun day if it did.

Have you looked into the Fujita F5 CAI at all?
the question is why do fujita clamps suck so hard?? seriously not a good design...but other than that
Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroR08
we for sure on this?? like it will match 99%...
I am 99.999999% sure.. i think the only time you would see anything above that on a stock car is the lexus or mercedes.. they usually have a few that are 6000K
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
WTF?

the question is why do fujita clamps suck so hard?? seriously not a good design...but other than that
is it just the clamps where the tubes connect? if thats the case thats an easy fix.. can get those anywhere and cheap
Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
WTF?

Have you ordered the Intake yet?

Ha, funny thing is i never really drive over the speed limit unless im on the highway.

We need another meet when the weather gets better and i could make a 360 gif of your car easy.

Oh tell me about it. Ive been driving super slow trying to "re-learn" all the pot-holes where i drive.

maybe a spring meet.. in march.. of course PIR will be open by then too so i might see you at the track
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by OStateBeaver
No v2 yet for me. I am refi'ing my house right now and my payment is going way down. The first month that money is going to the v2 and my window tint. It should be soon, but prob not till a lil later in the month. That still be ok with you guys then?

no worries for me.. my FEB month is looking good

i wish i could do another refi- but i also know that property in my area went down so i dont think its a good idea..
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Clamps suck??? Im not following where this is coming from. The Hose Clamps Fujita sends out are among the best ive seen...

I guess if it comes down to it though....spending a couple dollars on "better" Hose Clamps for the Fujita is alot cheaper than the few thousand that would be spent on a new motor after it chews up a mounting tabs on the V2.

------------

OState:

I recommend also getting the Thermo Blok Intake Manifold and Thottle Body Spacers. These two spacers together show a huge difference in Intake Manifold Temps, and we all know that colder air goes boom better and makes any engine run more fuel friendly.

When i installed the spacers along with my CAI, i was pleased to see that my Intake Manifold Temp (air temp inside Manifold as it enters the cylinders) was only around 12-15 degrees warmer than the outside air when at cruising speed (55-65 + mph).

Just something to keep in mind when planning another cheap yet effective upgrade. Oh yea...install takes about a hour and a half.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All this talk about intakes got me all fired up so i ordered an icebox for the tsx today. Got a little spending happy so i also got a shift adapter with the ice box and then found a CT header in the black market. Also got some weathertech visors. Everything should arrive next week and should be installed by the weekend. Cant wait!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

yay for new parts!

someone needs kpro now
Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
If you dont mind....

Why the V2?

If i recall correctly, ive seen a couple threads of people having the lower mounting tab breaking at the welds. Luckily no large debris was ingested into the motor...but that wouldnt be a fun day if it did.

v2 = more low end gain

breaking mounting tab was most to who forced it into its position. also some with tb spacer broke it too. my piping is shortened about a 1/2 inch and fits without forcing anything.

we for sure on this?? like it will match 99%...

4300k for sho

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
All this talk about intakes got me all fired up so i ordered an icebox for the tsx today. Got a little spending happy so i also got a shift adapter with the ice box and then found a CT header in the black market. Also got some weathertech visors. Everything should arrive next week and should be installed by the weekend. Cant wait!

you'll love the gains from ct header. also i recommend swapping out foam filter that comes with the icebox. foam filter :thumbsdow
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Safety Car

No v2 yet for me. I am refi'ing my house right now and my payment is going way down. The first month that money is going to the v2 and my window tint. It should be soon, but prob not till a lil later in the month. That still be ok with you guys then?

if you havn't ordered v2 yet, i rather go for atlp j-pipe and unorthodox underdrive pulley. these two mods have most butt dyno gain.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
im curious on how it will sound i was going to do the CT header but opted for the cheaper DC.. plus i wanted to match the exhaust and YAY for new toys!! i still need to spend some time putting in my pulleys.. im slackin

yay for new parts!

someone needs kpro now
i would get the kpro but i like my cruise control option.. i dont know its still up in the air.. if i go as far as wanting to put a turbo on the car then i will get it
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
love the CT header and CT icebox. plus the short shifter install is a snap.

only issue I have had with the header is a little rattle with the ac on at idle. This is on an 06 MT, AT seems to have it worse? But its not enough to bother me. Icebox is a good intake, have that as well, bought from Min when he parted out way back when, came with the K&N filter and he already did the weather stripping mod to it.

BTW, get a skunk 2 or other weighted shift knob for the short shifter, it can be a bit notchy feeling.

I'm down for my garage use next month on weekends! or week nights.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Instructor

If you dont mind....

Why the V2?

I haven't really looked at the Fugita at all. You recommend it over the v2? Everyone on the 3g board talks up the v2 like crazy so they kinda made my mind up for me I guess. You think I should go a different direction?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Instructor

So Fujita or v2 then? Like I said I havent gotten anything yet so I am still open to whatever, I had just heard good things about the v2.

Minkl, you have the v2? Wouldnt the atlp j-pipe and unorthodox underdrive pulley be spendy?

sT04Louis, Thermo Blok Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers? I know nothing about these sorry. But if its something that you recommend doing when I do my intake I would definitely do it. Also is this spendy?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

So Fujita or v2 then? Like I said I havent gotten anything yet so I am still open to whatever, I had just heard good things about the v2.

Minkl, you have the v2? Wouldnt the atlp j-pipe and unorthodox underdrive pulley be spendy?

sT04Louis, Thermo Blok Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers? I know nothing about these sorry. But if its something that you recommend doing when I do my intake I would definitely do it. Also is this spendy?
I say fujita....because thats what i have. Oh yea...and when VTEC kicks in it sounds like a wolf getting fucked in the ass

As for the thermoblock. They are made by Outlaw Engineering. 95$ for the kit.

http://www.outlawengineering.com/hondajframe.html
Old 01-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Instructor

LOL a wolf getting fucked in the ass huh? That sounds interesting. Have you heard it compared to the v2? And can you really tell a difference with the thermoblock?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

LOL a wolf getting fucked in the ass huh? That sounds interesting. Have you heard it compared to the v2? And can you really tell a difference with the thermoblock?
Ha, thats how it was described to me before i bought mine. No i havnt heard V2 vs Fujita. The Fujita is supposed to have better filter tech.

No real feeling in the butt dyno. Outlaw eng. Claims 1% of HP for each 5 deg cooler the air is. I did the spacers for the temps more than the power though.

Here is a vid from almost a year ago. Windows down merging onto freeway.

You can hear VTEC engage right before i had to let off to yield to a car infront of me.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Nice vid! Well I don't know what to do really. All I have heard on the 3g forum is to do the v2. But the Fujita seems like another good option. I dunno which to go with! Spacers seem like a must also! Would that be an easy install?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
WTF?

if its a bolt on.. i can do it.. when it comes to internal i steer away.. so if you decide to get the thermal gasket i can do it too.. just make sure to get the torque specification on the bolts..
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Nice vid! Well I don't know what to do really. All I have heard on the 3g forum is to do the v2. But the Fujita seems like another good option. I dunno which to go with! Spacers seem like a must also! Would that be an easy install?
Super easy install, all it involves is taking off the Throttle Body, and Intake Manifold. Replace bolts with supplied longer ones, and then replace TB and IM.

If youre wanting to save time, do CAI at the same time because you have to move it to remove TB.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Sounds like that will be getting done at the same time then.

sT04Louis what intake do you think I should go with? What do you have on your ride?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:42 AM
WTF?

he has the fejita.... haha i laugh when i see that.. reminds me of fajita... anyone for tacos?

chris did you download the tsx service manual on the other site? if not i got it so i can give you a copy of it.. its for the 04 tsx though so somethings may be different
Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Thread killer//

Ha, thats how it was described to me before i bought mine. No i havnt heard V2 vs Fujita. The Fujita is supposed to have better filter tech.

No real feeling in the butt dyno. Outlaw eng. Claims 1% of HP for each 5 deg cooler the air is. I did the spacers for the temps more than the power though.

Here is a vid from almost a year ago. Windows down merging onto freeway.

You can hear VTEC engage right before i had to let off to yield to a car infront of me.
is your car auto or manual? i had an intake on my auto tsx before and i couldn't hear the vtec engage at all...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
is it just the clamps where the tubes connect? if thats the case thats an easy fix.. can get those anywhere and cheap
ya thats what i'm talking about...i went and got new ones for the TSX...im just saying after you pay money for somethin the parts it come with sould work ~good

i didn't complain so much for the TSX cuz i got an AMAZING deal so i was like meh what ev
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
is your car auto or manual? i had an intake on my auto tsx before and i couldn't hear the vtec engage at all...

i have an auto tsx and i could hear my vtec kick in with my intake..
what type of intake did you have?
even with the hondata reflash if i 3/4 throttle to make it rev past 5 grand i can still hear the vtec kick which still makes me giddy when i hear that..
Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 PM
WTF?

ya thats what i'm talking about...i went and got new ones for the TSX...im just saying after you pay money for somethin the parts it come with sould work ~good

i didn't complain so much for the TSX cuz i got an AMAZING deal so i was like meh what ev
isnt odd how when you get great deals some how it still ends up coming back up in price? haha
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

Sounds like that will be getting done at the same time then.

sT04Louis what intake do you think I should go with? What do you have on your ride?

if you want the best setup what i recommend is aem v2 with fujita filter.
you'll actually gain some low end torque with the aem cai setup. i prefer low end torque rather than high end horsepower because you don't have much chances to rev up to redline other than highway onramps.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Safety Car

mine is aem v1. no one tried to fit in v2 when i bought mine and makes me want to upgrade to v2.

not sure what you prefer. if you wanna improve "sound" performance, cai is the only choice other than catback system.
or if you want to go fast without much sound increase, atlp j-pipe will give you the most hp/tq gain while ur pulley improving engine response. i think atlp j-pipe sells for $399 and you'll never regret. 100% guaranteed
Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Racer

I say fujita....because thats what i have. Oh yea...and when VTEC kicks in it sounds like a wolf getting fucked in the ass
say who?! how do you know what that sounds like lmao

i have an auto +1 for paddel shifters....

and i hear my vtec engage now that i have a CAI
Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
WTF?

does Injen not make the CAI for the TL-S?? suprised it wasnt mentioned either
Old 01-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Auto. Thats weird, because i could hear the cross over before i had the intake...

say who?! how do you know what that sounds like lmao
I keep a wolf at my place to compare the sounds...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
WTF?

Auto. Thats weird, because i could hear the cross over before i had the intake...

I keep a wolf at my place to compare the sounds...
i think its a good description.. wolf with no nuts trying to howl with flem in the throat..
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by minkl81
if you want the best setup what i recommend is aem v2 with fujita filter.
you'll actually gain some low end torque with the aem cai setup. i prefer low end torque rather than high end horsepower because you don't have much chances to rev up to redline other than highway onramps.
What do you mean by the aem v2 with fujita filter? I guess I can't really go wrong it seems. I would though rather have the low end torque than the high end horsepower.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Instructor

mine is aem v1. no one tried to fit in v2 when i bought mine and makes me want to upgrade to v2.

not sure what you prefer. if you wanna improve "sound" performance, cai is the only choice other than catback system.
or if you want to go fast without much sound increase, atlp j-pipe will give you the most hp/tq gain while ur pulley improving engine response. i think atlp j-pipe sells for $399 and you'll never regret. 100% guaranteed
Maybe I should get the v2 and you should upgrade to the v2 and we can install them at the same time! You thought about it?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Safety Car

Maybe I should get the v2 and you should upgrade to the v2 and we can install them at the same time! You thought about it?
it means you'll be using fujita filter instead of dry filter that comes with aem v2.
and so you prefer low end torque? ATLP J-Pipe>CAI

its tempting to upgrade for some more power increase but not willing to fork out another $300 for v2...
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

i swapped oem battery to braille again since temperature is hovering around 40~50. braille was drained and had to jump start
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
WTF?

i am glad i didnt get a braille
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
he has the fejita.... haha i laugh when i see that.. reminds me of fajita... anyone for tacos?

chris did you download the tsx service manual on the other site? if not i got it so i can give you a copy of it.. its for the 04 tsx though so somethings may be different
I rarely go on the other site so I didn't know someone posted it! Must download now.... There are some subtle differences but the overall is so close it can be used for both models
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Instructor

it means you'll be using fujita filter instead of dry filter that comes with aem v2.
and so you prefer low end torque? ATLP J-Pipe>CAI

its tempting to upgrade for some more power increase but not willing to fork out another $300 for v2...
Consider selling your v1 on the black market and put that towards the v2. Still spendy though I know. Thats why I dont have mine yet
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Racer

does Injen not make the CAI for the TL-S?? suprised it wasnt mentioned either
no they do...
thats what i have on mine...
they claim they only make it in polished but thats a lie cuz if your smart enough to check part numbers youll see they have black too

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread