Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
Ugh, my DEQ tags expire this month. Have yet to get any forms in the mail so I can take it in and get it over with. I remember 2 years ago I got my forms like the 3rd week of December.... do they usually wait until the last couple weeks to send them to you?

Meh, it's just kind of pain in the ass I'm sure if I do get it, it'll be like the end of the month.
Weird, we got the RDX tag notice at least a month ahead of time.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
got the TSX and the scion notices early DEC and they are both due in FEB.. lucky me since they registered in multnomah county i have to pay the extra fees at the same time.. BAH!!! there goes 325 fricken dollars i really need to move out of this god forsaken county.. too many spandex wearing,bicycle stroking,cry babying idiots here
Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
got the TSX and the scion notices early DEC and they are both due in FEB.. lucky me since they registered in multnomah county i have to pay the extra fees at the same time.. BAH!!! there goes 325 fricken dollars i really need to move out of this god forsaken county.. too many spandex wearing,bicycle stroking,cry babying idiots here
weRd

"You know what grinds my gears?" it's like they want to be treated equal on the road yet they run every effin redlight! ffffffuuuuuuuuuu

and if you were to hit one, it would be the drivers fault.

Last edited by saersxlr8; 01-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
WTF?

^ amen heaven forbid if they are in the wrong cause that just cant be possible
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by saersxlr8
weRd

"You know what grinds my gears?" it's like they want to be treated equal on the road yet they run every effin redlight! ffffffuuuuuuuuuu

and if you were to hit one, it would be the drivers fault.
true that

i think state should make something like biker's license and require them to learn the damn traffic laws.. they always say shits like equal rights on the local news and never saw single rider fully stopping on the red light or the stop sign.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
since when can there be affirmative action for bicyclists? There was some yak on 26 west yesterday peddaling his shit. Downtown they already get to cut to the front of the line with those green bike only areas at all intersections and they still run lights.

My favorite, you get one pull up to a light, looks like he is gonna obey the light for a change, then sees the walk signal and decides that for that brief moment he'd rather be a pedestrian. Fuck people on bikes. Run them all over! lol Mow enough of em down the rest will take note. ha ok bad karma there, Lord I appologize for that put me down there with the starving pigmies in New Guinea amen.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Suzuka Master

The same problems occur with pedestrians as well. I think the overall issue is a lack of personal responsibility. They feel as thought we should be looking out for their safety, when in fact they are responsible for walking/riding in front of a 3,000lbs moving object. I don't even walk behind a car backing out of a parking space at the store. Often when someone walked/rode out in front of me in traffic I would yell, "You trust me?" Until one day a quick witted tomfool yelled back, "One hundred percent."

Last edited by Mr Marco; 01-06-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
WTF?

we can only hope that either may 21st of this year or dec 21st of 2012 will rid these people =) maybe it goes all the way back to them never beeing spanked as a child so they dont have the fear of being hit.. (food for thought while taking a bong hit)
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris, I think i spotted you on 26 west yesterday around 1:35. I was going the opposite direction.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Best $90 I spent on my 240

- NGK Plug wires $73+shipping
- Fuel filter $10
- TB cleaner $5

Car idles and runs soooooo much better. And after the NGK wires today, it gained lots of power and engine is alot more responsive. Thanx to rats for chewing up the plug wires and making me to buy new ones.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
WTF?

why does everyone have rat issues in here.. who was it that had one munched in there engine and took those photos??

i think i need to take the throttle cleaner to my engine ive noticed its been idling alot higher..
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I Quit

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
Chris, I think i spotted you on 26 west yesterday around 1:35. I was going the opposite direction.
Yep and again heading towards 26 wb. Was more obvious lol
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Suzuka Master

why does everyone have rat issues in here.. who was it that had one munched in there engine and took those photos??

i think i need to take the throttle cleaner to my engine ive noticed its been idling alot higher..
No rats when you have cats!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Just ordered the Eibach Pro-Kit for the RDX. Saw post/thread about them not making the springs anymore. I did some hunting around and sure enough Eibach is not making them anymore. I'm sure the market is just too small, and it takes good volume to make money on something like a spring(see: Civic). I may never even instal them. We will see when/what I get um.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
WTF?

i feel like i should order them just incase.. im afraid if i do though that it will jinx me
Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I Quit

i feel like i should order them just incase.. im afraid if i do though that it will jinx me
Ack I feel the same way about buying stuff for a car I don't have. Though it is a rare part
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Weird, we got the RDX tag notice at least a month ahead of time.
Ugh... here's the update

Called them on Thursday to ask them about my expiring tags. They told me that the address listed on my title has two addresses, a PO box and a street address. I don't have the PO box anymore, so I guess the Post Office just... threw it away. It's funny because last time I got my notice in the mail, not any PO box. Weird.

And then they told me that my tags expire tomorrow (Friday 1/7) So pretty much on a moments notice I had to change my plans at work, get up early the next day, go to DEQ, get my emissions test done, then sit at the DMV for an hour so I can get my tags + title changed Just pisses me off how I had to do it all on such short notice. Oh well, it's over now.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
WTF?

you can buy your tags at DEQ.. at least i know you can at beaverton/hillsboro one.. also i believe you actually have till the end of the same expiring month to renew your tags.. they were just trying to scare you into doing it the same day
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I Quit

I think you need your valid registration to get your tags at DMV though and from the sounds of it he doesn't have a valid registration if he needs a new title?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I Quit

you know what we need? A detail day when the winter is over! I have the highspeed buffer and shiz, would be fun! Maybe more folks would show up to something like that as opposed to a regular meet cause they are getting something out of it lol
Old 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Suzuka Master

You can just buy them from me. I'll probably chicken out and not install them. I got in trouble for ordering them in the first place

Ugh... here's the update

Called them on Thursday to ask them about my expiring tags. They told me that the address listed on my title has two addresses, a PO box and a street address. I don't have the PO box anymore, so I guess the Post Office just... threw it away. It's funny because last time I got my notice in the mail, not any PO box. Weird.

And then they told me that my tags expire tomorrow (Friday 1/7) So pretty much on a moments notice I had to change my plans at work, get up early the next day, go to DEQ, get my emissions test done, then sit at the DMV for an hour so I can get my tags + title changed Just pisses me off how I had to do it all on such short notice. Oh well, it's over now.
Friend of mine got pulled over for "disobeying a traffic control device" and got cuffed. Turns out the DMV sent him a random insurance verification letter to his old address. He never sent proof of insurance so they automatically suspended him. Our fine government in action.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 01-09-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by clee109
you know what we need? A detail day when the winter is over! I have the highspeed buffer and shiz, would be fun! Maybe more folks would show up to something like that as opposed to a regular meet cause they are getting something out of it lol
Sounds great. I need to fix some bad paint chip repair I did when I was drunk!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
you can buy your tags at DEQ.. at least i know you can at beaverton/hillsboro one.. also i believe you actually have till the end of the same expiring month to renew your tags.. they were just trying to scare you into doing it the same day

Yeah I did that 2 years ago, but you need to have your whatever renewal notice with you... at least that's what I was told. This time I was told to go to DEQ and get a slip saying I passed the emissions test, then go to DMV and get my tags. Normally I would have just gone to DEQ, been in and out in less than 10 minutes. But I guess you need the physical document from DMV to get your tags at DEQ.

Either way, I needed to change the title on my car anyways. my CL is my first car, so he cosigned the loan, so his name was above mine on the title

Anyways, I ate at this nice restaurant last night. Anyone ever been to Al-Amir in Portland? I forget where exactly in Portland, though. They have awesome Baba Ganooj

Last edited by Rapture; 01-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah I did that 2 years ago, but you need to have your whatever renewal notice with you... at least that's what I was told. This time I was told to go to DEQ and get a slip saying I passed the emissions test, then go to DMV and get my tags. Normally I would have just gone to DEQ, been in and out in less than 10 minutes. But I guess you need the physical document from DMV to get your tags at DEQ.

Either way, I needed to change the title on my car anyways. my CL is my first car, so he cosigned the loan, so his name was above mine on the title

Anyways, I ate at this nice restaurant last night. Anyone ever been to Al-Amir in Portland? I forget where exactly in Portland, though. They have awesome Baba Ganooj
Never been to Al-Amir, but I love Lebanese food. That's a great idea for a place to take my parents for dinner when they visit next time. My dad is really picky when it comes to food. It is either French, Greek or Lebanese, because he is too critical of every Italian place we go, and will not eat anything else.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
WTF?

You can just buy them from me. I'll probably chicken out and not install them. I got in trouble for ordering them in the first place
haha just tell the old lady you found a wallet with money in it and thought i was a good investment =)

how much did you get the springs for? i see them brand new go from 210 up to 280..

Friend of mine got pulled over for "disobeying a traffic control device" and got cuffed. Turns out the DMV sent him a random insurance verification letter to his old address. He never sent proof of insurance so they automatically suspended him. Our fine government in action.
aint that a bitch..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by clee109
sounds like fun!! i just put in new fogs today w/laminX hopefully it will keep them from cracking this time around..
boy my headlights look like poop now all the wear and tear doesnt make them as shiny and bright.. ive been keeping my eye on a pair of Fishcake headlights.. might drop some money on them this spring that way ill have the clear instead of the orange reflectors
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 PM
I Quit

Why not the authentic jdm headlights? Though personally I prefer the amber. Hey all the Japanese want usdm so since my Acura is all usdm does that make me jdm as fawk?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
WTF?

haha.. i know right??

i kinda like the clear.. i dont know why.. but i know i would be puting amber bulbs in it anyway.. the fish vs JDM ones are pretty much the same only difference is the projectors cut off like the USDM instead of the JDM (which are right hand drive)and im not paying 500.00+ for them..

i dont know.. i guess if i could find some USDM that are in mint condition for a real cheap price i would take those.. mine are all pitted and have a clear layer peeling off of them they look like they are 10 years old instead of 5..
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

sounds like fun!! i just put in new fogs today w/laminX hopefully it will keep them from cracking this time around..
boy my headlights look like poop now all the wear and tear doesnt make them as shiny and bright.. ive been keeping my eye on a pair of Fishcake headlights.. might drop some money on them this spring that way ill have the clear instead of the orange reflectors
What is up with the busted up fogs? I've been hearing more chatter about that issue recently. So far neither car has any cracks and the fogs are working (albeit poorly).
Too many tiny rocks on our winter roads?
EDiT: Missed the question in the middle of the quote. $300 + free shipping. Someone on e-bay is selling them for $245 + $36 shipping. I have closed my e-bay account because they kept sending me spam/emails after I requested that they stop. There is no longer a 1-800-Bitch-line. I had a hard time finding a way to even request a way to stop the email. I specifically requested NOT to get them in the account set up, but they sent them anyhow. I ended up blocking several ebay addresses in order to quit getting crap jamming my inbox.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 01-10-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
WTF?

What is up with the busted up fogs? I've been hearing more chatter about that issue recently. So far neither car has any cracks and the fogs are working (albeit poorly).
Too many tiny rocks on our winter roads?
EDiT: Missed the question in the middle of the quote. $300 + free shipping. Someone on e-bay is selling them for $245 + $36 shipping. I have closed my e-bay account because they kept sending me spam/emails after I requested that they stop. There is no longer a 1-800-Bitch-line. I had a hard time finding a way to even request a way to stop the email. I specifically requested NOT to get them in the account set up, but they sent them anyhow. I ended up blocking several ebay addresses in order to quit getting crap jamming my inbox.

my fogs are glass so all it takes is a good rock the heat from the lights and cold air and they are on the path for destruction..

the lamin-X is suppose to help alot so we will see.. its pretty thick so i would think it will handle the abuse better..

300 isnt bad i guess on a part that will soon be impossible to find..

i have yet to have any issues with spamming from ebay.. (knock on wood) but if i start to i will sure make a big stink about it. i hate getting junk mail..

i dont know whats worse.. 13 years ago having my snail mail box full of wasted paper.. or now my email box full of crap i never gonna look at or order from
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Just ordered the Eibach Pro-Kit for the RDX. Saw post/thread about them not making the springs anymore. I did some hunting around and sure enough Eibach is not making them anymore. I'm sure the market is just too small, and it takes good volume to make money on something like a spring(see: Civic). I may never even instal them. We will see when/what I get um.
^^Disreguard all of the above. Got a credit on my MasterCard followed by an email;

Subject: Order 439029
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:08:17 -0500 [02:08:17 PM PST]
To: Marco XXXXXXXXX,
Your order has been refunded and canceled. This product is out of
stock everywhere and has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
--
Thank you,
Brian
Automotive Concepts

Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 AM
WTF?

man what a bummer
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
because he is too critical of every Italian place we go, and will not eat anything else.
Have you ever tried Nona Emilia's in Aloha or Ernesto's on Beaverton-Hillsdale hwy. just east of Jesuit HS?

An Italian family (Cicanti) owned a restaurant that burned down more than 10 years ago in downtown Portland. The Brother's (sons) still own these two restaurants in the area and one in Bend.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
WTF?

nonas is one of my fave places.. great italian food there
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SmileyOr
Have you ever tried Nona Emilia's in Aloha or Ernesto's on Beaverton-Hillsdale hwy. just east of Jesuit HS?

An Italian family (Cicanti) owned a restaurant that burned down more than 10 years ago in downtown Portland. The Brother's (sons) still own these two restaurants in the area and one in Bend.
Haven't been to either one, but that fire sounds familiar. Was it at SE Morrison and 11th? I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was Italian. (Lido?) That was 10 years ago, and I remember it well because it was the largest fire I've ever seen.
He did really like "decarli" on Watson right off Farmington. I hate to make him pay the $130 bill (he's retired).
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
WTF?

Haven't been to either one, but that fire sounds familiar. Was it at SE Morrison and 11th? I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was Italian. (Lido?) That was 10 years ago, and I remember it well because it was the largest fire I've ever seen.
He did really like "decarli" on Watson right off Farmington. I hate to make him pay the $130 bill (he's retired).
you should try nona's its close to you (kinda)

its off Shaw kinda of a redish burgandy barn place.. by a plaid pentry and a motorcycle shop.. across TV highway is a chevron gas station... you cant miss it
Old 01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
WTF?

so i went for on the springs.. with shipping it was 290 from Tirerack.com.. it was there last set they had in stock.. i feel alittle better getting it.. but guilty that they will be collecting dust until we sell our scion.. but i guess when you get something as rare as they become the better it is to have
Old 01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

^Awesome! And Carrie will be glad to know that I can't buy a set now!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
WTF?

haha.. well ultrarev.com on ebay supposedly has a couple sets.. 245 plus 32 shipping.. i say if you can afford it get it.. only reason why is once they are gone eibach isnt going to make more. i contacted TEIN on the phone and they said they wont be making them nor do they see themselves making it in the future so figure up to 5 years before anybody might start doing it again i didnt try H&R or Ksport but im sure its the same results.. i wouldnt trust any other makers except those 4 megan (if they do) produce springs wont be as good of quality but i would think they might dip in to the market since no one else would be producing them..
so ask yourself now.. do you think they are worth finding and getting? or do you want to risk it in the future??
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Now that I was denied my boing-boing's I think I (we) will trade it for something else before I ever get around to doing anything with the suspension. Carrie now calls it my car. But I get the repair bill for both cars! BUT I also spent 2 hours this weekend fixing a mud flap and putting the snow tires on so she could drive it to work last night.
EDiT: I bought a 32" HDTV for the workout room with the money.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 01-12-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!