Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
T-Swzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh jesus looks like i missed a hell of a party. acuras, chicken and a tow truck.

every time i've been to josh's place the garage is empty, never even seen more than half of it used. just glad jermaine got his car back. and knowing josh, he probably will raise hell.

and josh, you decided on a color for that SI? 2 door or 4 door?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

I really really hope shit works out to get reimbursed for the tow! Just said it best... "I dont care if the car shouldnt have been there, if there is a policy in place, follow it!" aka, if you say your going to do a warning on the first round, then do it!!!

Its funny that audi kid was mentioned, because I said that yesterday at Josh's. That kid put his neck on the line to prove a point and it worked out!

Wish I could have stayed longer Josh, but it's good I didn't. Not only did I get my 3 loads of laundry done, but I forgot I was going to help Brooke cook lasagna also since its too much of a job for week nights. She would have been bummed if I came home real late, cuz we still didnt finish it until 9 last night... at which point I was still full from chicken, burgers and creme puffs, so I didnt even eat any.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda Noob

Originally Posted by WannabeG
How much did it cost? Was your car hurt after those guys got their mitts on it

The thought of some strange tow truck driver.... hooking chains and sh** up to my car, and dragging it onto a tow truck... is giving me shivers.
It cost about $270 after the tax and surcharges from the ATM in their little 'facility'. The first thing i did when i saw the car was check for scrapes. I'm not happy at all about what happened, but there isn't anything that i can do about it right now.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
And we would need to be removing our panels for what reason? Do I smell mods coming Jorge? I'd love to get a stereo in mine, but I don't think I will ever be in a position that I feel like spending a couple grand to do it right. I've gone both ways (just replacing speakers, or adding amps and eq's and such) - I love a nice sound system, but it tears your car apart after so long. I guess you can always do the yearly tightening of all screws, but that's not my cup of tea either.

Now that I've ranted about car stereos, whats your plan then? I'm guessing stereo or hard wiring a radar detector?
No mods just replacing some bulbs and this is a nice tool it does not damage your panels.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
fu

i'll post a video i no later than tomorrow to show you guys everything thats going on in my car, it's pretty different since the last time you've all sen it.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nitropwd
It cost about $270 after the tax and surcharges from the ATM in their little 'facility'. The first thing i did when i saw the car was check for scrapes. I'm not happy at all about what happened, but there isn't anything that i can do about it right now.
That would severly piss me the fvck off. That is a lot of damn money for somthing that you didnt even deserve.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Josh's garage is cursed. Last time I was there with my truck helping him grab some furniture - I ended up taking the elevator to the parking garages, not the ground level where visitor parking is.

Long story short... I left my celly in the truck, and since his building is secured, I cannot get back into the building from the garage. No idea what Josh's number is (it's in my phone... in my truck). It literally took me about 20 minutes to find a way back into the garage and get to my truck. Boy did i feel like a jackass. I don't know how I would survive without my cell phone and GPS.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Broke college grad

I think Josh's garage is cursed. Last time I was there with my truck helping him grab some furniture - I ended up taking the elevator to the parking garages, not the ground level where visitor parking is.

Long story short... I left my celly in the truck, and since his building is secured, I cannot get back into the building from the garage. No idea what Josh's number is (it's in my phone... in my truck). It literally took me about 20 minutes to find a way back into the garage and get to my truck. Boy did i feel like a jackass. I don't know how I would survive without my cell phone and GPS.
haha true that. I would be so lost without my tomtom.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
400+ WHP Coming Soon!

I'm bored as hell.

My carputer will be here tomorrow though! W00T W00t!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Update on the towing situation.

While it was true that they were going to post warnings on cars before towing, they only did that for 2 days, and this weekend was not one of the two days.

I could not get it added to the agenda for the board meeting that is next Tuesday, but I was able to get one of the board members to agree to open the floor to me for the conversation to be had. It is complete and utter bullshit that they towed his car when it was parked where it should have been. The office manager admitted to me that if we had parked his car where it was not supposed to be, in the retail lot, then all would have been fine. More bullshit! Because they followed the policy that they published, the management company is not willing to do anything, even though they agree that it doesn't work.

I forgot to call Jermaine tonight, but I am going to split the cost with him since I told him to park down there in the first place. Had I any idea that they would have done anything other than put a warning on the car at most, I would never have put any more than one person down there and would have done some sort of shuttle so that everyone could park on the street without risk of tow.

It is completely unacceptable that I am only allowed a single guest parking space in our building, especially given that we live so close to the dome. When there is an event at the Guthrie or the dome there is no available street parking, and this means that we have to schedule events around the event schedule, which is again, complete and utter bullshit! Really makes you want to live in the building, doesn't it?

Needless to say, the board members are going to get an earful, and my wife has come up with a very plausible solution that we will endeavor to implement, post haste!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Honda Noob

Originally Posted by ek20a2
I'm bored as hell.

My carputer will be here tomorrow though! W00T W00t!
when you plan on installing it?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
8th Gear

Anyone got a dark gray TL with tints and dark wheels?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
fu

feelings on the election?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:38 PM
8th Gear

I liked Mccain/Palin. Balance in govt FTW
Old 11-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I voted for Obama, but I do hear ya on the balance part. I sure as hell hope he turns out to be a good president since everyone is in his back pocket now. He's either gonna get a lot of stuff done, or he's gonna bring us all to our knees because the house and senate will all be in bed
Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Where is the balance in McCain/Palin? Balance would have been Obama/McCain. Palin is about as ultra-right wing as it gets.

People all seem to think that the President can just go and do whatever he/she likes, but as Glow pointed out, congress has to be on board with him in order for him to get anything done.

"oh, he's going to raise taxes!", not without congress being on board he's not. Which means that he's gong to have to have one compelling story to tell. I don't even want to bring up the fact that taxes in the US are among the lowest in the WORLD. Gas prices? Yeah, they are low here in the US, but that's because the tax on it is so low. Go to the UK and gas is $7-8/gallon. Know why? Because they tax the shit out of it.

I'm among the demographic that has the absolute maximum to lose by Obamas tax plan, but it is still a better idea than lowering taxes when we have had record deficits for the last 8 years. If you are spending more than you earn, how do you go out and take a pay cut?

Last edited by asujosh1; 11-05-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 AM
2nd Gear

We'll have to see how it turns out, and if he stays true to his plans. I heard a few worrying issues via my girlfriend from her dad regarding Obama, but who knows.

He certainly is a very very good public speaker, and gathered support from the nation in nearly landslide fashion.

BTW, in 4 years, everyone make sure they are pre-registered. My girlfriend had to register and was in line for about 2 hrs. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, went home, and had to come back to pick her up.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by marks_lude
BTW, in 4 years, everyone make sure they are pre-registered. My girlfriend had to register and was in line for about 2 hrs. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, went home, and had to come back to pick her up.
+1 to that, it took E about 20 minutes to vote and I was there for over an hour.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Advanced

Anyone got a dark gray TL with tints and dark wheels?
I have a silver with dark grey wheels. I now have the stock wheels until next summer.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Where is the balance in McCain/Palin? Balance would have been Obama/McCain. Palin is about as ultra-right wing as it gets.

People all seem to think that the President can just go and do whatever he/she likes, but as Glow pointed out, congress has to be on board with him in order for him to get anything done.

"oh, he's going to raise taxes!", not without congress being on board he's not. Which means that he's gong to have to have one compelling story to tell. I don't even want to bring up the fact that taxes in the US are among the lowest in the WORLD. Gas prices? Yeah, they are low here in the US, but that's because the tax on it is so low. Go to the UK and gas is $7-8/gallon. Know why? Because they tax the shit out of it.

I'm among the demographic that has the absolute maximum to lose by Obamas tax plan, but it is still a better idea than lowering taxes when we have had record deficits for the last 8 years. If you are spending more than you earn, how do you go out and take a pay cut?
But now we have a pretty democratic house, senate and congress...
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
T-Swzy

I registered on campus and helped put a G in office haha. I really would have liked palin in office she's fine
My parents for some dumbass reason threw the votes to mccain and is now mad at my bro and me for canceling theirs.

Asian parents god. Imma marry a white girl so she can put me in line whenever I try to do dumbshit stuff that Asian parents like to do
Old 11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
fu

i didn't really like either candidate, but i would have chosen mccain over obama.
and that doesn't mean im ultra conservative, i think people should enjoy living life, but you need to be self supportive and be able to figure out what your doing with your money and the rest of your life. im not sure if im really getting out my feelings right, but i think its comprehendible..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
fu

what i mean is if you want something you should have to work for it and earn it, not just rely on handouts and such
Old 11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
what i mean is if you want something you should have to work for it and earn it, not just rely on handouts and such
1000% behind you on this one, unfortunately the current generation entering the workforce does not really get that. I have noticed a sense of entitlement from people just entering the workforce for their first real job.

I was eating lunch with some people I know that are quite a bit more entry-level than I am and was astonished at the things they were saying about how they should be treated. I actually asked if they thought they had a job, or if they thought that society just owed them a paycheck.

One girl went on about how she is trying to de-mote herself, but should not take a paycut. WTF? Are you serious? Uh, if you move your job responsibilities down, you need to move your salary down. Simple math...

I also think that the cost of healthcare is a total joke and that the whole system should be re-worked. I got a bill for my shoulder surgery earlier this year and the bill as something like $12K. The negotiated rate for the insurance company was something like $1K. This means that for anyone out there that does not have insurance, they have to pay $12K. What kind of shit is that?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Well gentlemen I will tell you that you all should have done a little more research as far as obama is concern. You all should be very worry about what will be happening in this country. Sen.Christopher Dodd (D-CT), Sen. Barack Obama(D-IL), Sen Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and Rep.Barney Frank (D-MA) were names on this whole Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae mortgage scandal. I can give you and e-mail that would openyour eyes.
Josh being that the democants do control 3/4 the government now, it will be intereting to see if he does accomplish any of the things he has brain wash everyone to beleif he can do.
Are you all ready to share the wealth you have now with people that have nothing? Are you ready to comitt to support other people expences withyou money. If you guys want to know more go to U-Tube search for obama & friends a SeanHannity special this will oepn your eyes as to what he is all about.
All this talk of CHANGE. What is he going to change, his parties screwups.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razzi
I registered on campus and helped put a G in office haha. I really would have liked palin in office she's fine
My parents for some dumbass reason threw the votes to mccain and is now mad at my bro and me for canceling theirs.

Asian parents god. Imma marry a white girl so she can put me in line whenever I try to do dumbshit stuff that Asian parents like to do
Get educated before you vote. It is a proven fact that students are their number one voter because of you lack of experience in world affairs. Also the lack of motivation to find out more about the issues.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Punctuation Nazi

All I have to say is this:

Last time we had a democratic president we had a budget SURPLUS.

We have a republican president for 8 years and we have recorded RECORD DEFICITS

Not to mention that there has not been a time in American history when more civil liberties have been suspended than under Bush/Cheney. Hopefully Obama will right some of the wrongs that those two morons caused.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Advanced

1000% behind you on this one, unfortunately the current generation entering the workforce does not really get that. I have noticed a sense of entitlement from people just entering the workforce for their first real job.

I was eating lunch with some people I know that are quite a bit more entry-level than I am and was astonished at the things they were saying about how they should be treated. I actually asked if they thought they had a job, or if they thought that society just owed them a paycheck.

One girl went on about how she is trying to de-mote herself, but should not take a paycut. WTF? Are you serious? Uh, if you move your job responsibilities down, you need to move your salary down. Simple math...

I also think that the cost of healthcare is a total joke and that the whole system should be re-worked. I got a bill for my shoulder surgery earlier this year and the bill as something like $12K. The negotiated rate for the insurance company was something like $1K. This means that for anyone out there that does not have insurance, they have to pay $12K. What kind of shit is that?
It is call get a job. Be resposible for yourself, just like you stated above with the dumb girl. Social health sucks ask the Canadians Hey.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

I'll pass on the email, simply because I have never seen a non-bias email continue in circulations. Every single one continues to get passed around is usually pretty rediculous.

Our taxes are not through the roof in this country, so I'm not very worried. A lot of what 'could' happen with Obama, has been skewed and has become "this is how we are all gonna get screwed" via whisper down the lane.

The thing that scared me about McCain is voting for continued republican war efforts. We were headed for surplus in the recent past... and suddenly were slammed with incredible debt. I think I heard that it boils down to something like $31,000 per citizen? I know war isn't free, but spending has to be considered a bit more strongly IMO.

As far as lazy fuckers go... Eh, doesnt bother me much. To me it's not worth bitching about because we live in a huge country with incredible diversity (double edged sword). They are always going to be there... Just dont become one yourself.

Last edited by marks_lude; 11-05-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by marks_lude
As far as lazy fuckers go... Eh, doesnt bother me much. To me it's not worth bitching about because we live in a huge country with incredible diversity (double edged sword). They are always going to be there... Just dont become one yourself.
LOL!!!

What scared me about McCain was not McCain, but Palin. Some of the shit that would come out of her mouth, damn. The biggest fear I had was that gramps would kick it and we would be stuck with her crazy ass.

McCain would have done much better had he gone for Condi, I might have gone for that combo.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Oh, and Razzi, if you don't think white girls are crazy, then you don't know enough of them.

Everyone's got a bucket of crazy, it's just a matter of whether or not you can handle that crazy, and whether or not they dump their bucket of crazy on you every morning.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

LOL!!!

What scared me about McCain was not McCain, but Palin. Some of the shit that would come out of her mouth, damn. The biggest fear I had was that gramps would kick it and we would be stuck with her crazy ass.

McCain would have done much better had he gone for Condi, I might have gone for that combo.
As I said to Brooke earlier in the Pres. Race.... " I think Palin is less intelligent than me, and I know I couldn't take over if the President croaked."

We were driving down Portland Ave 2 days ago and someone had a sign that read "Obama in office? That's like asking the paperboy to manage the company". I turned to her and said "What about Palin, that's like asking the toddler to go back the SUV out of the garage".
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
400+ WHP Coming Soon!

Originally Posted by nitropwd
when you plan on installing it?

Not sure, want to help me smarty pants? I need some help! We can use the shop to install.

Call me!

612-940-6431

-Adam
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
T-Swzy

i guess this election, which is actually my first one that i voted, for me was the lesser of two evils. first and really foremost the war in iraq pisses me off. it has since i was in 9th grade and they declared the invasion and it still does in my 3rd year of college. that and combined with palin made the decision pretty easy for me. but w/e. doesnt matter what we say now about obama vs mccain, it's done. let's just see what happens in 76 days

which reminds me, bipartisanship pisses me off, half the time they're squabbling with each other instead of getting shit done

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuut, i made this thread about twin cities acuras so here ya go
https://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics-18/
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

It's all 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Neither candidate is perfect, but after doing my study from Time and Newsweek (realizing that they may or may not be biased, but hopefully less so then the interwebz). I chose BOB (that's his new name for me).

I do however think it's kind of funny that quite a few people are complaining about the robin hood effect. All of us here in this thread are about $200,000 shy of having to be worried about our salaries that we "earned'.

As far as taxes - nobody like them. But then again, nobody likes when the bridges fall down either, or that big pothole on 94 etc etc. You have to pay to play, and I'm willing to help out when needed. As long as my ass isn't paying for Obama to take fishing trips to Alaska or weekend getaways to expensive places - then I'm cool with the extra percent of taxes.

But I do have to say - Palin is way hotter than Biden

SO, with all that said... I still stick by the motto of Opinions are like assholes - everyones got one, and nobody needs another.

Hey - If it doesn't snow this weekend (or you don't want to see the TL), we should plan another meet for some food. I kind of liked meeting at BW3's or Fridays or something. We can sit, get served, and talk about cars rather than sit by them all afternoon in the cold
Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
fu

Hey - If it doesn't snow this weekend (or you don't want to see the TL), we should plan another meet for some food. I kind of liked meeting at BW3's or Fridays or something. We can sit, get served, and talk about cars rather than sit by them all afternoon in the cold
+1

and a whole lot of stuff was said, but I think that peoples work ethic nowadays is just ridiculous. i feel somewhat hypocritical seeing how i don't currently have a real job, but i have been applying and my last job at cousins was a nightmare, not cuz i'm lazy or bitchy, but because my boss beat his daughter in the back of the restaurant, and called us pussys if we got cut working and tried to bandage it up for example. either way people need to understand that if you do a job that requires few skills, little pay should be expected.

I also think welfare is a joke, and is just becoming an excuse to not work, and still benefit for contributing nothing to our society..

i think the healthcare system obama is suggesting is going to be bad, although i do agree that affordable healthcare is something we need

my main problem with this whole election was about how overplayed race was. it seems contradictory for people to call others racist, and then vote for a president just because of skin color.. i've seen so many videos of people who are so unbelievably uneducated on what they are voting on, they can't put names to pictures of biden, or other people running for office, but they "fully support" obama. thats just unbelievable..

so thats my rant, you probably won't all agree with it, but who does when its politics..
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
my main problem with this whole election was about how overplayed race was. it seems contradictory for people to call others racist, and then vote for a president just because of skin color.
That's usually someone that is in their heart racist, but doesn't want to be called out.

When it comes down to it, I don't care what color anyone is, I hold everyone to the same standard. Take care of your shit, don't expect that I am going to take care of you.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
fu

are you saying im rascist? ha, cuz im not, i think you should vote for a person because you agree with their policies.

and on another note, whenever i turn on my engine check engine light flashes for a while, and then whenever i hit like 5k rpm, like 4800 exactly, my engine stutters, and then keeps going. is that a misfiring piston?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Advanced

All I have to say is this:

Last time we had a democratic president we had a budget SURPLUS.

We have a republican president for 8 years and we have recorded RECORD DEFICITS

Not to mention that there has not been a time in American history when more civil liberties have been suspended than under Bush/Cheney. Hopefully Obama will right some of the wrongs that those two morons caused.
Josh, get your facts right before you make a statement. This whole "deficit" was caused by the blunders of Bill Clinton and Billy Carter. This occured due to the pressure they put on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to allow loans with zero documentation as well as giving them to people who were financially incapable of paying them back. Either way, we haven't been in a deficit for eight years; its only been within the last three years. Pm me your email and I'll send you something you should take a look at. Sabrina says hi.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras