The "Photos You've Taken of Exotic/Desirable Cars" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Always loved the V8 Vantage!

And yeah, I don't think anyone truly thought you were lying about the V8 Vantage, after all, what's the point? We were all just really eager to see it! So you know how much I love the C6 Z06 now.... I'd take a V8 Vantage over one, but I think that's a given.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I have one of them...meh.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
no. i was driving back to NY from Michigan and had no clue where i was. somewhere in Western PA.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
It comes down to character for me. And I couldn't care less if the car can hit 300mph and give me a blow job at the same time.
That's fair enough. But I guess a Veyron wouldn't do much for you then.

Originally Posted by is300eater
I'm just quoting this again because this car is worth enjoying on two pages

Originally Posted by Mourning Would
That LP670 is NUTS!

Why are you sad?

IMO a Z06 is one of my most ideal cars. Quite expensive but especially used, is well within reach, and it rips the arms off of cars twice its price and beats the ever living shit out of them with it. More than everything I need, and anything I'd want in a sports car. I would love, love an Elise, but it's in quite a lower price bracket and sorry, it's just not as easy to live with on a daily basis. I like my cars like I like my women - she needs to be a lady in the streets, and a freak in the sheets.... er, twisties

To me, the way a car sounds is also just as important as its looks, performance, or character. Who wouldn't want a car that gets their pants tight, makes vaginas wet and strikes fear in the hearts of children? Even in stock form, the NSX makes a lovely sound, but it can't beat the ground-shuddering rumble and the Earth moving torque of the LS7.

If it matters, the LS7 was reported to be tested to go all the way up to 8000 RPM in stock form - keep in mind it's a pushrod engine - but it didn't make power at that RPM because there wasn't enough cam and the the manifold couldn't flow enough air at that engine speed.

The Z06 also has the road presence, wide and low. The NSX is timeless and the Elise still looks great - but rarely do they make me just stop in my tracks like a stock-form Z06 does in person. It's not often that I lay my eyes on a car and I can feel my pupils dilate.

But that's just me I know there are people that wouldn't take a Z06 even if it was free.... but I'd get arrested just to have one.
This is my line of thinking as well. But I can see where civicdrvr is coming from though. As far as supercars go, the Z06 couldn't be considered an exotic. It's based on the regular Corvette, and both are respectable performance cars, but IMO make sacrifices a true exotic doesn't have to. From pictures I've seen, the interior isn't exactly ecotic worthy. The seats to me look like strips of foam wrapped in cloth and bent 90 degrees, and the rest of the interior does look kind of cheap, and that goes for the ZR1 as well.

If I were looking for a car that would catch eyes and ears in traffic and be a completely pleasurable experience, I'd buy a V8 Vantage over a ZR1. Like Richard Hammond says, if you have to explain why your car's cool, it isn't cool. Most people don't consider the Corvette as good as an Aston. If you have to explain why the ZR1 is better (I'm not saying it's not), then it isn't cool. That, and IMO the Aston looks better on the outside and inside. Z06's road prescence is only noticeable once you start looking at it. An Aston, or any other high-end manufacturer (Lambo, Ferrari etc.) catch you from the corner of your eye, which I think is a significant difference.

Of course, if I was looking for the ultimate track day car, 100% Z06. I think the NSX catches eyes now because it's very rare, and it does look purposeful, especially from the rear. The Lotus is eye-catching because it looks like a race car, and most of the time is dressed in very bright colours.

Originally Posted by tmnhs81
You won't believe it but I Googled it.
Sure as hell makes me feel a lot better lol

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Different strokes for different folks.
I personally dont mind having two cars, one comfortable daily and one uber-balls to the wall handling machine. A fews cars that Id take over ANY Vette (seriously, I just dont like them that much):

- NSX
- Elise/Exige
- Catterham
- Atom

Only one of those cars would be considered by most as a daily - the NSX, even though Id have no regrets driving an Elise or Catterham as a daily. And I think thats where I differ from you guys. Im not looking for a car thats a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Maybe in 20 or 30 years the Vette may do something for me, but for now I have absolutely no desire to own one.
That's all it comes down to. We can't (and shouldn't) convince you that a Z06 is better, and you can't do the same to us. The discussion is nice, though.

I know you're into motorbikes, so that might say something about our different tastes, and what we look for in a car.

If we ever do end up getting our respective dream cars, I'll challenge you to a track race: Z06 vs. Exige.

Seems like you're describing the Z06 to me Just stumbled upon a thread on NSXprime where a guy who had an NSX and sold it and got a C6Z. I mean, again, they really are in different leagues, but after reading this it seals the deal for me.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140602

And from every review I've read, the Z06 really has everything...

Comfort (very easy to drive around town)
Fuel economy (mid-20s on the freeway)
Practicality (only 2-seats but has a huge trunk for a sports car)
Tech (HUD, navi, Competition Mode stability control, launch control, dry sump, etc.)
Handling
Power

I would be hard, hard pressed to pick an NSX, even a Type-R over a C6Z, but again, that's just me. I love the NSX, absolutely love it, it's an icon and forever will be. But a C6Z is like an NSX on steroids and injected with growth hormones.
I think you're right, but I also think civicdrvr makes a good point about how a car makes you feel, and we can't really argue that until we've driven all these cars. even then, it's still subjective.

Always loved the V8 Vantage!

And yeah, I don't think anyone truly thought you were lying about the V8 Vantage, after all, what's the point? We were all just really eager to see it! So you know how much I love the C6 Z06 now.... I'd take a V8 Vantage over one, but I think that's a given.
No disrespect, but I thought he was lying It's hard to believe a teenager coming here saying his family owns an Aston and not post pics. But he's shut any haters up
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,988 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
Stop posting cars that should be in the WTF Car of the Day Thread ra-tards.
that lambo isnt a WTF car thou..
Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 PM

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,988 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman

This is my line of thinking as well. But I can see where civicdrvr is coming from though. As far as supercars go, the Z06 couldn't be considered an exotic. It's based on the regular Corvette, and both are respectable performance cars, but IMO make sacrifices a true exotic doesn't have to. From pictures I've seen, the interior isn't exactly ecotic worthy. The seats to me look like strips of foam wrapped in cloth and bent 90 degrees, and the rest of the interior does look kind of cheap, and that goes for the ZR1 as well.

If I were looking for a car that would catch eyes and ears in traffic and be a completely pleasurable experience, I'd buy a V8 Vantage over a ZR1. Like Richard Hammond says, if you have to explain why your car's cool, it isn't cool. Most people don't consider the Corvette as good as an Aston. If you have to explain why the ZR1 is better (I'm not saying it's not), then it isn't cool. That, and IMO the Aston looks better on the outside and inside. Z06's road prescence is only noticeable once you start looking at it. An Aston, or any other high-end manufacturer (Lambo, Ferrari etc.) catch you from the corner of your eye, which I think is a significant difference.
this.
plus i dont think corvette's are good looking cars. IMVHO!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 AM

Of course, if I was looking for the ultimate track day car, 100% Z06. I think the NSX catches eyes now because it's very rare, and it does look purposeful, especially from the rear. The Lotus is eye-catching because it looks like a race car, and most of the time is dressed in very bright colours.

I think you're right, but I also think civicdrvr makes a good point about how a car makes you feel, and we can't really argue that until we've driven all these cars. even then, it's still subjective.
I've never seen the purpose of buying a car that someone else thinks looks cool I don't care at all that the Corvette, or even the Z06, or even the ZR1 isn't considered an exotic. I will buy my car for the reasons I'm looking for, because I'm buying it for me, not some random person on the street. If I thought the Pontiac Aztek was the sexiest car on Earth (I think its far from it, just in case) and it met my needs, I would buy it - I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Luckily, I think its one of the most hideous

As far as the ZR1 vs. V8 Vantage comparo goes, I'd definitely have to drive both to see which one I like more. But the ZR1 is probably far from an uncomfortable car. As touted as the Z06's comfort is, GM sought to improve on it by implementing the magnetorheological(?) or MR shocks, the same type of dampers found on the R8 and 599 GTO, and a twin-disc clutch to make working the clutch pedal on such a high power machine a lot easier. And it's definitely eye catching and ear catching, IMO. I remember a poster in this thread said the ZR1 makes his dad's Z06 sound like an Impala. I've heard Z06s in person.... and I gotta say youtube just doesn't do them justice.

The interior has never bothered me but if it bothers anyone that much, they can drop $10,000+ at Caravaggio for a customized alcantara and leather interior, from headliner and visors to carpet, which, unlike typical performance mods, do not affect daily drivability in a negative way.... and they still will end up spending less than they would on.... well, almost anything that will match the performance, outside of a GT-R. Even then, a decent *set* of racing seats will be $1,000 or less.

If it matters... I've never cared for the Veyron, at all. Don't like the way it looks, though I like the interior and its incredible power. But it doesn't appeal to me. I wouldn't take a Veyron if you gave it to me. And yes, I have seen them in person before.

Originally Posted by Mizouse
this.
plus i dont think corvette's are good looking cars. IMVHO!
To each his own

I acknowledged this... there are some people who wouldn't take a Z06 even if it was given to them.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM

btw - I know anyone who doesn't want a Vette in the first place probably doesn't care for the Z06 or ZR1 or GS, etc. either. That's fine.... I just think its unfair when they have a stigma put upon them - that they're uncomfortable, that they're bad daily drivers, or that they have crappy handling.

The NSX, Elise, Atom, and Caterham are all with their own merits, and at the same time vastly different cars from the C6. They are all cars I'd LOVE to own and in ways, in their own class when you look at each respective car. But in my opinion, so is the Corvette.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,097 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
that lambo isnt a WTF car thou..
Sans the Lambo. I was refering to the Altima with the Mercedes emblem and the other car with the hook on the rear hatch.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Didn't have a chance to get pics, but driving around this weekend I saw a lambo (not sure which), R8 convertible, about 10 Porsches (OK, I was next to a porsche dealership...) a Bently and an AM. Oh, also a 2006 TSX .
Old 09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,097 Posts
^ Liar!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
The lambo was black and had the popout vents on the rear shoulders and floored it on the frontage road getting on the 101. Sweet sweet music. I opened the window and turned off the radio to bask in its sounds...

The R8 had the top up and looked weird like that... Not sure that's the car to drive with the top up...
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,392 Likes on 4,937 Posts
Sadly it doesnt, I dont like the styling.

I know you're into motorbikes, so that might say something about our different tastes, and what we look for in a car.
Thats actually a good point. If you look at my (small) collection, its not something you see everyday. Much like a Lotus, Catterham or NSX.

Do I like other makes/models out there? Sure. But I dont like to have the same thing everyone else has, even if its somewhat slower.

Example - When looking for my first bike I looked at a few CBRs and SV650s. Too many people have them. I went with the slower*, more unique NT650.

*Slower in a straight line, which IMO doesnt matter as a bike should live in the twisties.

If we ever do end up getting our respective dream cars, I'll challenge you to a track race: Z06 vs. Exige.
You're on

btw - I know anyone who doesn't want a Vette in the first place probably doesn't care for the Z06 or ZR1 or GS, etc. either. That's fine.... I just think its unfair when they have a stigma put upon them - that they're uncomfortable, that they're bad daily drivers, or that they have crappy handling.
Never said that. If it was implied, it was unintended. Vettes are good cars. Fast, well balanced, excellent motor. But I see way too many of them around on a daily basis to even consider one. Thats the same reason I chose the CL over the TL and Accord.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Anybody know what this might be? It sounded really hot.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Cobra Coupe replica.

Edit - Most likely a Superformance replica.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 09-20-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
The ICEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figured this would be a good thread to post pictures from my weekend.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:15 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts

Moar!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
TVR? meh. eitehr way, awesome.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 PM

TVR? Where?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Wow, and around DC no less, there's so few exotics around the MD/DC/VA area considering the population and money. Was that taken on the 495 on the north side near the 270 exit?
This is on 270 exit 6
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM

TVR? Where?!?! I don't see any TVRs

I spy a Caterham Seven though
Old 09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Are the Cobras real?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
I'm blind
Old 09-21-2010, 09:07 AM

I saw a orange 07-08 Gallardo Superleggara on the way to school today. Shit flew by me so I wasn't able to get a picture.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandals
This is on 270 exit 6
That's my exit.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
The ICEMAN

Originally Posted by rossv1
Are the Cobras real?
All of them were replicas, I hope.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
MechEng

Received 486 Likes on 403 Posts
my friend in the picture is 5' 4" to give an idea of how small this car is in person.

e-type jag i believe?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,182 Likes on 690 Posts
that jag is awesome
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
^yea, and so is the mini.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Jag is gorgeous. Mini is fucking cool! They really are that small.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I spent 4 straight days driving the C6 (one day spending 8 hrs straight it in). Im 6'5" and was VERY comfortable in it and my wife never complained once either. It was a great daily driver, and handled great.
I agree with you and your above pic. If the interior wasnt quite up to par with the "exotic" that costs 100k more you could always have the interior redone for much cheaper than buying the exotic
Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Advanced

There is a guy that lives in my town that drives a mini like that but purple! lol
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL

Factory 5? I thought about building one before I went back to school
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL

Saw this one too...
Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Saw these over the past 2 weeks in Boca Raton and Delray Beach:

Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Murci

What's a stupid TL doing in this thread?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Murci

What's a stupid TL doing in this thread?
It's not "a stupid" TL!!

It's three stupid TLs!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by subinf
Factory 5? I thought about building one before I went back to school
F5 has the gas cap on the passenger side.

Originally Posted by Will Y.
It's not "a stupid" TL!!

It's three stupid TLs!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
It's not "a stupid" TL!!

It's three stupid TLs!
I forget this is an Acura site all the time. That's what happens from living in Ramblings.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
406 with 2 kits

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
my friend in the picture is 5' 4" to give an idea of how small this car is in person.
Yes the original mini's are very small. To work under the hood you either have to sit down or raise the car up buy a foot or 2. But the are very roomy inside. I test drove a rhd one last summer. Was going to buy but it had to much rust in it. Still looking for one though.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,947 Likes on 1,447 Posts
Another Lambo in Yaletown... (Lambos and Aston Martins are kinda common around here)

Quick Reply: The "Photos You've Taken of Exotic/Desirable Cars" Thread