Tesla: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 11:13 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Even though it worked out well for you, this was a terrible move that could have just as easily ended in disaster.
So...you're a fanboi for a car that doesn't even exist in any sort of production form?
You could say that and I wouldn't want to dispute it anyway. My reasons for choosing the Cybertruck very closely align with this tech guy's video, Honestly I don't even know who he is and what not.
I support Tesla for challenging the established industrial norm, doing things differently what no one has ever done before, going where no one has ever gone before. Tesla single handedly challenged the entire oil cartel -automaker nexus, the dealership lobby, the age old systems of auto manufacturing (which only provide incremental improvements - otherwise), upended the way we look at an automobile until now, and most of it all successfully. My vote of confidence in Tesla is that $100 refundable deposit. Not because I need a truck for anything at present (since I don't tow or race or do anything which it is supposed to excel in). I know I am in the minority here (and I don't care about that), but someone has to do that, and that is the price of progress. Two years is a long time. Who knows, by that time I may even actually "need" a truck.
In fact as Sandy Munro suggests, the Cybertruck is not even a pick up truck. It's in its own class of a different vehicle which may become common sight in the next five years.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,815 Likes on 6,569 Posts
Even though it worked out well for you, this was a terrible move that could have just as easily ended in disaster.
LOL no

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

Warren Buffett

I did a lot of research, I’m a skeptical person, I know about cognitive biases and tried to counteract them, and I can tell the difference between a logical and illogical argument. Tesla haters had few decent counter points and over time all of the were debunked. I’ve spent most of the past decade on this forum debunking climate deniers, my favorite book is merchants of doubt, I’ve become good at detecting FUD.

Governments worldwide are pushing the industry towards EVs and the younger generations want them, Tesla has the technical lead in basically every component of an EV, they’re years ahead of the competition, and the have the brand image, and can attract the best talent in the world. It’s clear to see they have everything to dominate the industry in the future, and their competition haven’t produced anything technically competitive for a similar price.

oh and the best eCUV the Model Y just got $3k cheaper today. Ford MachE is fucked it just can’t compete
Old 07-12-2020, 12:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
can attract the best talent in the world. It’s clear to see they have everything to dominate the industry in the future,
Elon hardly visited China plant and they managed to produce 30K vehicles. Apparently best talent is not needed
. i still cannot figure out where they sold 60k vehicles when plant was closed for 2 months
and their competition haven’t produced anything technically competitive for a similar price.
Lol. Competiton will not like making vehicles that need such wide tires to create all tires noise , , vehicles are so heavy for its size and have wide turning radius that have barely 200 mile range in reviews.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:37 AM
Sanest Florida Man

^lmao good example of a Tesla hater, if you don’t realize how weak his arguments are I feel bad for you. LOL Tesla is going to fail because of wide tires, tire noise, turning radius, and curb weight.

He’s so too autistic to realize how illogical and weak his arguments are, he rejects all valid data that disproves his preconceived beliefs, all he does is search for evidence to confirm his existing beliefs, and so now he’s left to complaining about obscure specifications that no one else really cares about, but since he’s clearly autistic he can’t help but obsess over these minor details.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:00 AM
Safety Car

These are valid technical points. that battery vehicles are currently not competitive.
Curb weight of Civic is less than 3000lbs. That critical point in licensing fees along with price in california. so why would Honda produce vehicle that is same interior capacity but twice the price and will have less range.
next generation Civic is around the corner.

https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/in...s#mid^FC1E3JJW
Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb
35.7 ft
Wheels
17 in Alloys
All-Season Tires
215 / 50 R17 91H
Old 07-12-2020, 01:22 AM
Sanest Florida Man

It’s not reducing sales, and Tesla driving experience is rated 4.97/5 or 99.4% by their owners. They don’t care about about those things. You continually miss the forest for the trees.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:23 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Old 07-12-2020, 01:43 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
It’s not reducing sales, and Tesla driving experience is rated 4.97/5 or 99.4% by their owners. They don’t care about about those things. You continually miss the forest for the trees.
If all the things ssftsx complained about were real problems that had a very significant impact on how enjoyable it is to drive the car everyday then you would see that reflected in this massive owners survey, but you don’t, Tesla have an almost perfect rating.

Im not saying your numbers are incorrect, I’m saying at the end of the day the overwhelming vast majority don’t care and those things don’t have a meaningful impact on how enjoyable it is to drive a Tesla, and at the end of the day that’s what’s most important. You continually miss the forest for the trees.

This is a classic cherry picking tactic, used in FUD, denier, and hater communities.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:53 AM
Safety Car

if owners are so satisfied.than why so many late model used Teslas are for sale?

we only know 30K sales in China. for quarter.

Old 07-12-2020, 02:06 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Prove it
Old 07-12-2020, 07:22 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,276 Likes on 2,641 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
It would be pretty unwise to sell your investments just to buy a depreciating asset.

I put all of my savings into Tesla when it was dropping down to $200. I’m still in hoping for s&p inclusion soon
Great move!!,
I never bought Tesla either long or with calls. I was kinda conflicted with the Elon and the business model of SolarCity (Tesla and SpaceX were OK business models).
I bought Netflix in 2012 after it's fall in 2009-2011. I picked it up at effective price of ~$13, it fell more throughout 2012, then in 2013 it started to take off. Now it's worth 40x my initial investment.
One of my best stock picks next to Nvidia, Microsoft, Apple.

Sometimes you gotta have faith and vision in a company whether Netflix, Tesla, or others. I never though Facebook would be in the $200 range cause I didn't see/believe the business plan/vision.

If only I sold GE (bought in 2009-10) when Warren Buffet did

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-12-2020 at 07:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Prove it
Just from craiglist alone i can populate this whole thread everyday. there are so many used Teslas for sale in small area and most are barely driven. and that only Model 3.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...156459213.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus - $37500 (napa county)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...157823640.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range - $33000 (san jose south)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...157832107.html

Tesla Model 3 - $42000 (sunnyvale)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...157618928.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 with Full Self Driving FSD - $38999 (fremont / union city / newark)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...156974874.html

2018 Tesla Model 3 ** 3k miles ** DUAL MOTOR ** AWD ** EAP - $48850

There alot of this adds where they talk about alignment and tires. think about it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...156920151.html

2017 Tesla Model X 100D 6 seater - $69900 (alameda)

We have always garaged this car, and charged the car per Tesla recommendations. I just had the alignment checked at Tesla when I got the new tires at 39k miles

Old 07-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Safety Car

I already posted Germanic Auto manufacturer investments in Chinese tech. now its Honda.
if Tesla has such superduper technolgy that you claim that every one will be investing with Tesla technology hence reducing the cost of parts for Tesla. They cannot properly give sales figure except for chinese market.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1702966/business-economy

Honda invests in China to jointly develop EV batteries

Old 07-12-2020, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

This red paint cost $2500 in Tesla but point i am making is consumers want to deal with Acura product that is 16 years old.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,192 Likes on 4,062 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
You could say that and I wouldn't want to dispute it anyway. My reasons for choosing the Cybertruck very closely align with this tech guy's video, Honestly I don't even know who he is and what not.
I support Tesla for challenging the established industrial norm, doing things differently what no one has ever done before, going where no one has ever gone before. Tesla single handedly challenged the entire oil cartel -automaker nexus, the dealership lobby, the age old systems of auto manufacturing (which only provide incremental improvements - otherwise), upended the way we look at an automobile until now, and most of it all successfully. My vote of confidence in Tesla is that $100 refundable deposit. Not because I need a truck for anything at present (since I don't tow or race or do anything which it is supposed to excel in). I know I am in the minority here (and I don't care about that), but someone has to do that, and that is the price of progress. Two years is a long time. Who knows, by that time I may even actually "need" a truck.
In fact as Sandy Munro suggests, the Cybertruck is not even a pick up truck. It's in its own class of a different vehicle which may become common sight in the next five years.
No disagreement over the work Tesla has done to change the automotive world, it's really an awesome success story that not many saw coming. They've done an awesome job and have put out great products. I'm a huge fan of everything they have out there today but the truck is a bit much.

LOL no

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

Warren Buffett

I did a lot of research, I’m a skeptical person, I know about cognitive biases and tried to counteract them, and I can tell the difference between a logical and illogical argument. Tesla haters had few decent counter points and over time all of the were debunked. I’ve spent most of the past decade on this forum debunking climate deniers, my favorite book is merchants of doubt, I’ve become good at detecting FUD.

Governments worldwide are pushing the industry towards EVs and the younger generations want them, Tesla has the technical lead in basically every component of an EV, they’re years ahead of the competition, and the have the brand image, and can attract the best talent in the world. It’s clear to see they have everything to dominate the industry in the future, and their competition haven’t produced anything technically competitive for a similar price.

oh and the best eCUV the Model Y just got $3k cheaper today. Ford MachE is fucked it just can’t compete
Sure, if I was Warren Buffet, that's wonderful. I'm also guessing he's not dropping any significant percentage of his capital into any one investment either. If you're not a day trader, it was a dumb move that paid off immensely. But it could have just as well turned out the other way around as well. I'm not a Tesla denier, they've done awesome work but I'm a realist when it comes to stock market stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamDoe1:
Comfy (07-12-2020), RPhilMan1 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 08:28 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,276 Likes on 2,641 Posts

Sure, if I was Warren Buffet, that's wonderful. I'm also guessing he's not dropping any significant percentage of his capital into any one investment either. If you're not a day trader, it was a dumb move that paid off immensely. But it could have just as well turned out the other way around as well. I'm not a Tesla denier, they've done awesome work but I'm a realist when it comes to stock market stuff.
43% of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is in Apple.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...ock-2020-07-07
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
#1 STUNNA (07-12-2020), Comfy (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Just from craiglist alone i can populate this whole thread everyday. there are so many used Teslas for sale in small area and most are barely driven. and that only Model 3.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...156459213.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus - $37500 (napa county)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...157823640.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range - $33000 (san jose south)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...157832107.html

Tesla Model 3 - $42000 (sunnyvale)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...157618928.html

2019 Tesla Model 3 with Full Self Driving FSD - $38999 (fremont / union city / newark)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...156974874.html

2018 Tesla Model 3 ** 3k miles ** DUAL MOTOR ** AWD ** EAP - $48850

There alot of this adds where they talk about alignment and tires. think about it.
how do you not see the three glaring obvious flaws of this post? You consistently make the same stupid logic failures over and over again, it’s really annoying
Old 07-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Sanest Florida Man

No disagreement over the work Tesla has done to change the automotive world, it's really an awesome success story that not many saw coming. They've done an awesome job and have put out great products. I'm a huge fan of everything they have out there today but the truck is a bit much.

Originally Posted by Legend2TL

It’s like poker when you know you have the best hand you go all in. Especially when you can look at your competition’s hands and you know they can’t beat you.

In this scenario I’d say that Tesla has a straight flush, you go all in with a straight flush.

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 07-12-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Comfy (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

how do you not see the three glaring obvious flaws of this post? You consistently make the same stupid logic failures over and over again, it’s really annoying
Nope. These are almost new vehicles that consumers are unloading with in two years with minimum miles. Consumers are keeping Acura/Honda much longer than Tesla.
you still not understanding People get motion sickness or first majore event with Tesla customer service make them feel sell them as fast as they can. It is not sustainable business model. Building factories overseas when domestic factory has surplus capacity. infact Tesla forced the rest of world Auto-manufacturer to invest in China. very similar like Iphone but much greater scale.

Acura does not need to open all the doors at same time to sell. The picture by itself is stupid

it need month to fix a scratch and that area has the most Tesla service centers.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...154383005.html

2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD - Enhanced AutoPilot - $43999

Note: The car has a scratch on the back trunk lid that will need to be repaired. I have an appointment with Tesla to have the Trunk replaced at the end of July $1700. We can discuss how best to handle.
low mileage at Toyota.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd...154294367.html

Last edited by SSFTSX; 07-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:32 PM
Sanest Florida Man

This is like saying that global warming isn't happening because a couple cities experienced a record cold day. Then you imply the reason why they're selling based on zero evidence. did they maybe lose their job in the middle of a global pandemic in a country with 40 million job losses?

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 07-12-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:27 AM
Sanest Florida Man

The new S&X models finally charge at 250kw

The following 2 users liked this post by #1 STUNNA:
Comfy (07-13-2020), Legend2TL (07-14-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:36 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Comfy (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 12:37 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Comfy (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 07:00 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

The future of driving. Could be exciting and safer, but really not so exciting. They are all going the way of toaster.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:18 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,192 Likes on 4,062 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL

Well fuck me. That's nuts but good for him.

How much of Apple does he own with a $91B investment?

It’s like poker when you know you have the best hand you go all in. Especially when you can look at your competition’s hands and you know they can’t beat you.

In this scenario I’d say that Tesla has a straight flush, you go all in with a straight flush.
Eh, back at $200 it could have gone either way. You made out big on a bet but could have lost big as well is my point.

This is like saying that global warming isn't happening because a couple cities experienced a record cold day. Then you imply the reason why they're selling based on zero evidence. did they maybe lose their job in the middle of a global pandemic in a country with 40 million job losses?
It's not worth it, just ignore him.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Well fuck me. That's nuts but good for him.

Eh, back at $200 it could have gone either way. You made out big on a bet but could have lost big as well is my point.
No, the company was in good shape, they were executing on everything well, there was a campaign by short sellers to spread FUD and the media especially CNBC was more than willing to carry that message. They were building their China factory in a record 10 months, they were showing off their game changing custom self driving processor, they were buying Maxwell which has battery tech that will allow them to make batteries that are 30% better, and at a cheaper price. None of those things were having a positive impact on the stock price, because the financial media couldn't understand what was happening, they only understand financial reports, and the FUDsters were spinning every financial report to make it appear negative. Much like how ssftsx misrepresents, and cherry picks, and presents every Tesla story as a negative.

The price of the stock is not an accurate measure of how well the company is executing.

Originally Posted by doopstr
New 52 week low today,
$246
Great news for me, I bought more shares. Just like when Apple dropped to $145 and everyone was like Apple is doomed. LOL ok, now it's at $205
Originally Posted by AZuser
The real reason why TSLA's down?

Thanks, Stunna

Yeah no prob. I bought some more
Originally Posted by Mizouse
Ragret

197.69 USD −13.34 (-6.32%)
I bought some more
Originally Posted by doopstr
I remember being like this with JDSU. Hope you get better results.

When Apple announced in late 2018 that they were having issues selling iPhones in China because of the trade war, the market over reacted and the stock tanked from $230 to $145, I bought as much Apple I could at $145 because Apple still makes industry leading products, there's still strong demand worldwide for their products, because their stock dropped almost 40% doesn't mean that that Apple is executing their company 40% less than they were before, sales aren't down 40% worldwide. Now AAPL is at almost $400 today.
The following 2 users liked this post by #1 STUNNA:
Comfy (07-13-2020), Costco (07-17-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 11:09 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Those who bought Tesla shares since we started this conversation please rejoice. TSLA reached new heights at > $1740.
It seems like the share market is answering the questions for all the doubters. .
Market cap > $300 billion.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:44 AM
Safety Car

The links that i posted are from SF bayarea which is completely digital vritual economy. Plus all that stock market gains translate into much higher asset prices. that gives even more money to realtors commission, estate attorneys, life insurance agents (Only rich can afford this one). Money is not even an issue for so much late model Teslas for sale. I cannot keep repeating the same factors in every response untill you discover.
What people like Steve Job and Elon done is to show the competence of manufacturing and money of Chinese market to rest of the world. now they are moving fast in industrial chain and making even more industrial links with rest of the world and this will have huge impact on unemployment and currency stability in US.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:28 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Tesla valued more than Toyota, Volkswagen, and Honda combined. .
May be all of them should merge to challenge Tesla.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:50 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Old 07-16-2020, 01:13 AM
Safety Car

As expected.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...KCN24H005?il=0

Tesla registrations in California nearly halve in second quarter: data

The report released on Wednesday showed registrations in California, a bellwether market for the electric-car maker, plummeted almost 48% from a year earlier to 9,774 vehicles in the three months ended June 2020.

Model 3 registrations in the state, which accounted for more than half of the total registrations, fell 63.6% to 5,951 vehicles.

Total vehicle registrations in the 23 states from where the data was collected fell nearly 49% to 18,702 vehicles.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:33 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Old 07-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Sanest Florida Man

As expected.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...KCN24H005?il=0

Tesla registrations in California nearly halve in second quarter: data

The report released on Wednesday showed registrations in California, a bellwether market for the electric-car maker, plummeted almost 48% from a year earlier to 9,774 vehicles in the three months ended June 2020.

Model 3 registrations in the state, which accounted for more than half of the total registrations, fell 63.6% to 5,951 vehicles.

Total vehicle registrations in the 23 states from where the data was collected fell nearly 49% to 18,702 vehicles.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Safety Car

The problem there is no where else that Tesla sales are increasing. If California is half than where is growth?
Audi E trons sales are now about 10 Times of Model X in EU.

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-e-tron...he-competitionA total of 17,641 e-trons found new homes around the globe. In Norway, which has long shown an affection for EVs, an incredible 92 percent of all Audi deliveries there were for the e-tron.

Worth noting is that the Tesla Model Y, which is expected to become the brand's best-selling vehicle, is only slated to launch in Europe next year when Tesla's Gigafactory outside Berlin is completed.

According to CarSalesBase, the more expensive Model X sold 1,483 units in Europe from January to April 2020 (May and June's figures aren't yet available). Audi did not release specific European sales figures for the e-tron, but in Q1 alone, it moved nearly 8,000 units - more than five times that of competitors like the Jaguar I-Pace and Mercedes-Benz EQC.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 PM
Sanest Florida Man

The problem there is no where else that Tesla sales are increasing. If California is half than where is growth?
Audi E trons sales are now about 10 Times of Model X in EU.

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-e-tron...he-competitionA total of 17,641 e-trons found new homes around the globe. In Norway, which has long shown an affection for EVs, an incredible 92 percent of all Audi deliveries there were for the e-tron.

Worth noting is that the Tesla Model Y, which is expected to become the brand's best-selling vehicle, is only slated to launch in Europe next year when Tesla's Gigafactory outside Berlin is completed.

According to CarSalesBase, the more expensive Model X sold 1,483 units in Europe from January to April 2020 (May and June's figures aren't yet available). Audi did not release specific European sales figures for the e-tron, but in Q1 alone, it moved nearly 8,000 units - more than five times that of competitors like the Jaguar I-Pace and Mercedes-Benz EQC.
You're an idiot. That says eTron GLOBAL sales was 17,641. GLOBAL NOT EU. Then it says the the model X EU sales for only 4 months (not 2 quarters) was 1483. Those numbers aren't not the same thing. Yet another illogical argument, cherry picked argument from you.
Comfy (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 11:05 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

You're an idiot. That says eTron GLOBAL sales was 17,641. GLOBAL NOT EU. Then it says the the model X EU sales for only 4 months (not 2 quarters) was 1483. Those numbers aren't not the same thing. Yet another illogical argument, cherry picked argument from you.
He probably didn't even understand what you're trying to say .
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 PM
Safety Car

Tesla was hardly making any Model X in Q2. you didnot provide the number. All Tesla growth is low value Model 3 in China. it is no longer a premium brand.
Tesla is wasting money on building factories instead fully utilizing Fremont factory with high value Products.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/driv...rstone-of-its/
With gas prices climbing back up and Audi set to launch four new electric SUVs over the next 18 months, it’s still anybody’s guess as to what the EV market will look like this time next year.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:13 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Yeah neither did the article, but that didn't stop you from saying that the etron was selling 10x more than the X
Old 07-20-2020, 11:33 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Also the etron is much smaller than the X, the X is too big for many parts of Europe. The Y is closest to the etron in size
Old 07-21-2020, 02:22 AM
Safety Car

E tron price and weight wise compete with Model X. E Tron has the finest build quality and refinement in Audi lineup. People pay for it.
Tesla is practically out in EU in Premium segment.
Model Y is too cheap to compete in this segment.

Quick Reply: Tesla: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News