Monthly Car Sales news

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,323 Likes on 4,900 Posts
Looks are subjective, no?

Only when a vast majority considers something ugly do we consider it ugly.

Infiniti isnt my first choice in cars, but its nowhere near as boring as Lexus or as deformed as Acura.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Looks are subjective, no?

Only when a vast majority considers something ugly do we consider it ugly.

Infiniti isnt my first choice in cars, but its nowhere near as boring as Lexus or as deformed as Acura.
My comment was related to the Canadian sales. Since Acura outsold Lexus and Infiniti this month does that mean we prefer ugly, deformed cars
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 AM

Probably.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Nice, congrats Acura. There is brand identity and recognition. Lord knows they aint selling them on styling.
They're selling well because they still make quality vehicles and have been running great leasing/finance deals.

While we love our 09 MDX, it was NOT our first choice as we wanted an 09 Murano SL AWD (leather, non-Navi). It was only the fact that Acura was able to match Nissan's price with a base MDX (coupled with 7-seater prospects) that swayed us to Acura.

As far as Acura sedans go, we're still considering whether or not to go the TSX V6 route as a second car. It's not as sweet looking as an IS or G but, it looks respectable. (As much as I'd like to consider it, the TL's styling just has NOT grown on me so, IMHO this is one instance where looks are not subjective... 'cause it's just plain UGLY!)
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
So Lexus is the only Japanese brand left with nice styling?
So when you think of Acura you think of nicely styled cars? When I think of Acura from the 3G TLs run I do. Not anymore.

They are reliable, well built, safe and hold their value. Most don't consider them attractive vehicles anymore.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

My comment was related to the Canadian sales. Since Acura outsold Lexus and Infiniti this month does that mean we prefer ugly, deformed cars
FWD and SH-AWD would be my preference above RWD cars if I lived up north.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
Agreed, I'm pretty surprised myself to see this much. There actually has been a few posts on this whole thread claiming Hyundai/Kia will outsell Honda/Acura soon, which implies they will also outsell Nissan/Infiniti.

Hyundai/Kia will never outsell Honda/Acura or Nissan/Infiniti. Well to be not bias, not anytime soon anyways. People say they make better cars than Toyota, Honda or Nissan, but I don't see anyone will be willing to pass up a Camry, Accord or Altima for a Sonata. I'll admit present Hyundai is better than past Hyundai, but they are NOT better than Toyota, Honda or Nissan at the moment. Maybe Hyundai will be on their level in a few years.
I would and so would many others
Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Hyundai/Kia will never outsell Honda/Acura or Nissan/Infiniti. Well to be not bias, not anytime soon anyways. People say they make better cars than Toyota, Honda or Nissan, but I don't see anyone will be willing to pass up a Camry, Accord or Altima for a Sonata. I'll admit present Hyundai is better than past Hyundai, but they are NOT better than Toyota, Honda or Nissan at the moment. Maybe Hyundai will be on their level in a few years.
Hyundai and Acura face a similar challenge. When they reach a certain price point, many buyers say to themselves, "if I'm going to pay that much for [insert car], I might as well buy [insert competitor of higher prestige]"

It is true that a certain percentage of people will be swayed by "lower" brands promise of more features for less money, others will still go with the established car. In Hyundai Sonata's case, it would be the Accord, in Acura's case it would be a 3 series. IMO, it's the same battle at a different price point. (honestly, despite the relative success of the Infiniti G, it faces a similar battle vs. the 3 series, maybe more so, since they're attacking head on with RWD)
Old 12-05-2010, 02:03 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Hyundai and Acura face a similar challenge. When they reach a certain price point, many buyers say to themselves, "if I'm going to pay that much for [insert car], I might as well buy [insert competitor of higher prestige]"

It is true that a certain percentage of people will be swayed by "lower" brands promise of more features for less money, others will still go with the established car. In Hyundai Sonata's case, it would be the Accord, in Acura's case it would be a 3 series. IMO, it's the same battle at a different price point. (honestly, despite the relative success of the Infiniti G, it faces a similar battle vs. the 3 series, maybe more so, since they're attacking head on with RWD)

This is why when the Genesis came out, a few people started speculating that Hyundai would branch off as a luxury brand, either by distancing itself more from Kia or starting off an entirely new brand beginning with the Genesis.

I don't know how either one of them will do it, especially Hyundai. They seem serious about moving upmarket, as seen with their new Azera and the upcoming Equus, but they have much bigger hurdles than Acura, Lexus or Infiniti did. The aforementioned 3 basically came out of nowhere, which can be a good and bad thing, but the difference there is Hyundai has to overcome to perspective of some of an econobox brand and even then, a mediocre one. Sadly, there are some that still think that way.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
I dont have poor understanding of Statistics. It is people who are justifiying
5th position of new model Sonata. compared to 4 to 5 year old Accord/Camry/Altima. with new Elantra it will futher cannablize Sonata sales.
Yeah, right.

Your method is about as accurate as throwing darts.

And oh, the higher volume Hyundai dealers not only get bigger alottments of Sonatas, but they sell 40-60 Sonatas monthly.

Hmm, Hyundai/Kia already outsell Honda/Acura in Canada and Europe (heck, for most of the year, Hyundai, alone, has outsold Honda in Canada).

Yeah, the US is a diff. market, but did you even bother to look at the sales figure before posting?

You willing to bet on that? I bet you won't, because Hyundai/Kia overtaking both Nissan/Infiniti and Honda in the next year is like placing a big bet on a game of 21 with a cold deck. Bottom line, Hyundai/Kia won't overtake Nissan/Infiniti or Honda/Acura by next year, but if you want to believe in that nonsense, go ahead.
I sure will (for Nissan/Infiniti).

YTD, Hyundai/Kia are about 42K units behind Nissan + Infiniti (take out Infiniti and H/K lead by 50K units).

The new Optima, alone, will probably make up that 42K unit lead (the Optima has been avging about 2K a month; the new Optima should do at least 7K, but probably will do more like 9K month which is what the new Sorento is doing).

Add in sales of the new Elantra, Accent, Rio, Azera, Forte 5-door, etc. and H/K should zoom by Nissan/Infiniti.

As I stated, H/K passing Honda in 2011 isn't as likely (being currently about 200K units behind), but could happen in 2012 (or 2013) once Hyundai gets their production issues settled and the last of their new offerings hit the market (new Santa Fe, etc.)
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I don't see anyone will be willing to pass up a Camry, Accord or Altima for a Sonata.
That statement is fairly absolute as I'm certain there are MANY folks who will (have have done) just that. However, I'm probably not in that camp as I'm still inclined towards an Accord EX-L V6 or Altima 3.5SE vs the Sonata 2.0T, the latter which I consider more of an alternative to the Mazda6 more than anything.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by YEH
As I stated, H/K passing Honda in 2011 isn't as likely (being currently about 200K units behind), but could happen in 2012 (or 2013) once Hyundai gets their production issues settled and the last of their new offerings hit the market (new Santa Fe, etc.)
Of course then they'll be trying to sell a 5 year old Sonata against the all new Accord. So they could have additional production right when it's the hardest to move them. Deep discounts if they start piling up? Erosion in resale value as a result? Vicious cycle repeats.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

^ Uhh, 2013 will only be the 3rd model year for the Sonata; and while a refresh for the Sonata would be right around the corner, aside from the turbo and hybrid models being in full production, the US market will also likely see a Sonata wagon by that time.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F23A4
That statement is fairly absolute as I'm certain there are MANY folks who will (have have done) just that. However, I'm probably not in that camp as I'm still inclined towards an Accord EX-L V6 or Altima 3.5SE vs the Sonata 2.0T, the latter which I consider more of an alternative to the Mazda6 more than anything.
That statement is even funnier considering that people have traded in their Acuras for the Sonata (just saying it happens).
Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by YEH
^ Uhh, 2013 will only be the 3rd model year for the Sonata; and while a refresh for the Sonata would be right around the corner, aside from the turbo and hybrid models being in full production, the US market will also likely see a Sonata wagon by that time.
All I'm saying is that will Hyundai be successful selling a late in cycle product against all new product from the more established brands?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by YEH
Yeah, right.

Your method is about as accurate as throwing darts.

And oh, the higher volume Hyundai dealers not only get bigger alottments of Sonatas, but they sell 40-60 Sonatas monthly.
and where would be that Hyundai dealer located and how many are they?. If they are selling 50 to 60 a month. It is still a montly supply.
and if you have only 14k sales (with fleet). so how are other dealers surviving. when avg is 14 car a month. and Sonata is 30% of Total hyundai sales.

This probably largest dealer of Hyundai with 178 Sonata in Inventory. so even 60 sales per month. there is 3 month of supply.

http://www.hardinhyundai.com/Vehicle...w&make=Hyundai

Hmm, Hyundai/Kia already outsell Honda/Acura in Canada and Europe (heck, for most of the year, Hyundai, alone, has outsold Honda in Canada).
Honda sells high priced vehicles. Honda Fit/Jazz is priced like Hyundai Elantra. I am not going into Euro Accord/Euro Civic/Euro CRV. Euro CRV is more expensive than V6 hyundai SUVs.
You cannot compare Honda prices in EU with Hyundai in EU. Honda priced like Lexus in EU once you load Honda vehicles simlar like Lexus with push button start, pearl paints, leather, sport suspension etc.

I sure will (for Nissan/Infiniti).

YTD, Hyundai/Kia are about 42K units behind Nissan + Infiniti (take out Infiniti and H/K lead by 50K units).

The new Optima, alone, will probably make up that 42K unit lead (the Optima has been avging about 2K a month; the new Optima should do at least 7K, but probably will do more like 9K month which is what the new Sorento is doing).

Add in sales of the new Elantra, Accent, Rio, Azera, Forte 5-door, etc. and H/K should zoom by Nissan/Infiniti.

Optima will just cannablizing Sonata sells. It does not bring anything new to the table. same worse fuel economy. (look at C&D test)

You dont have a clue of Nissan-Renault-AutoVaz (Enormous Oil and natural resource money is behind it) financial power and cross platform relationship and enormous number of vehicles and technologies that are simultanuous developed world wide.
Infiniti can afford high performance V6 diesel & V6 hybrid in EU but not Hyundai.
In 2012 there will be new CRV/Accord/Civic/Pilot/Insight
All with latest hybrid/V6/Transmissions. There will be sub-TSX car. there will be new RDX. There will be new MDX/RL
Acura/Honda has huge pent up demand for new technologies.
Hyundai cannot even outsell curent CRV.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Colin
All I'm saying is that will Hyundai be successful selling a late in cycle product against all new product from the more established brands?
Of course, other manufacturers will get the advantage when they debut new product, but Hyundai will be more successful than they have in the past late in the cycle (i.e. - the current Elantra and Santa Fe still sell fairly well even tho they are about to be replaced and the new Elantra and Santa Fe will be much more compelling competitors within their segments).

After all, the Genesis sedan is in its 3rd year of sale (about to undergo a refresh) and it's outselling the new Infiniti M.

and where would be that Hyundai dealer located and how many are they?. If they are selling 50 to 60 a month. It is still a montly supply.
and if you have only 14k sales (with fleet). so how are other dealers surviving. when avg is 14 car a month. and Sonata is 30% of Total hyundai sales.
% of Sonata sales to fleet is in the single digits (overall, Hyundai fleet sales have been around 11%).

Sales of the 2011 Sonata are averaging 22-23 a month/dealer (taking into account any fleet sales).

Smaller, low volume Hyundai dealerships will do 10-12 Sonatas a month (if not less); the bigger, high volume ones will do more.

Optima will just cannablizing Sonata sells. It does not bring anything new to the table. same worse fuel economy. (look at C&D test)
While the new Optima will likely take some Sonata sales, it will take more from the sportier end of the segment (Altima, Mazda6).

The Sonata appeals more to women/families; the Optima appeals more to men.

You dont have a clue of Nissan-Renault-AutoVaz (Enormous Oil and natural resource money is behind it) financial power and cross platform relationship and enormous number of vehicles and technologies that are simultanuous developed world wide.
Infiniti can afford high performance V6 diesel & V6 hybrid in EU but not Hyundai.
Yeah, that's why Nissan/Infiniti gave up on the F segment and why they are leaning on Daimler for powerplants.

Not to mention that aside from Toyota, Hyundai is the only automaker to use an in-house developed/built 6 spd AT.

In 2012 there will be new CRV/Accord/Civic/Pilot/Insight
All with latest hybrid/V6/Transmissions. There will be sub-TSX car. there will be new RDX. There will be new MDX/RL
Acura/Honda has huge pent up demand for new technologies.
Hyundai cannot even outsell curent CRV.
But Kia (w/ the Sorento) is outselling the Pilot.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
Of course, other manufacturers will get the advantage when they debut new product, but Hyundai will be more successful than they have in the past late in the cycle (i.e. - the current Elantra and Santa Fe still sell fairly well even tho they are about to be replaced and the new Elantra and Santa Fe will be much more compelling competitors within their segments).
When so many manufacturers introduce new cars at same time from Toyota/Nissan/Honda. it will have impact. Nissan/Honda are on correct model cycles. It is Toyota that got delayed.

After all, the Genesis sedan is in its 3rd year of sale (about to undergo a refresh) and it's outselling the new Infiniti M.
That include cheaper 2.0T Coupe and cheaper V6 Genesis.

% of Sonata sales to fleet is in the single digits (overall, Hyundai fleet sales have been around 11%).

Sales of the 2011 Sonata are averaging 22-23 a month/dealer (taking into account any fleet sales).

Smaller, low volume Hyundai dealerships will do 10-12 Sonatas a month (if not less); the bigger, high volume ones will do more.
Even 10% Sonata fleet sales. give you only 13k sales for retail and with 800 dealers. avg is 14 car per dealer.
So based on inventories of various dealers. even 20-23 car per month. gives you 3 month of supply. not 16 days.

Yeah, that's why Nissan/Infiniti gave up on the F segment and why they are leaning on Daimler for powerplants.
Think harder why would Daimler supply them higher end engines to increase Nissan/Infiniti sales becaues they have some thing to gain from such huge resourcefull group like Renalut-Nissa-Autovaz.

Not to mention that aside from Toyota, Hyundai is the only automaker to use an in-house developed/built 6 spd AT.
It is not about Inhouse or outside but overall power of automotive group to influnce things in various markets. Nissan/Infiniti can concentrate on more higher end vehicles.

But Kia (w/ the Sorento) is outselling the Pilot.
Kia Sorento is CRV competitor not Pilot.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 AM

I cant believe Im doing this, but I agree with you there. The Borego used to compete with the Pilot but they dont make it anymore.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Do they still make the Sportage?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do they still make the Sportage?
Yes. It's all new for 2011 also. It features improved ground clearance and so much elegance it doesn't need nice wheels, just like we were proven with the RL.

It should sell Kia nicely around 75 units a month, keeping it highly exclusive for the select few.

Edit: Forgot to insert random pictures to make sure your mind is altered and you begin to love it.

Last edited by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName; 12-06-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Wider, better ground clearance, side view mirrors with LED signals, what's not to love!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

So what does the Sportage compete with? I always thought of it as a CR-V competitor in some sort?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
5th Gear

Sportage is CR-V competitor, Sorento is bigger than Sportage. CR-V and Sportage have 5 seats and no V6 engine. Sorento has V6 engine. Kia Sorento is equilavent to Hyundai Santa Fe, smaller than Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot (in size) but bigger than Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Sorento
The Kia Sorento is a mid-size crossover SUV produced since 2002 by the South Korean automaker Kia Motors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR-V
The Honda CR-V is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by the Japanese company Honda since 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Pilot
The Honda Pilot is a mid-size crossover SUV.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> The Honda Pilot is built in Lincoln, Alabama, and was also produced in Alliston, Ontario, Canada up until April 2007.

CR-V has never been called a mid-size SUV !
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

So what does the Sportage compete with? I always thought of it as a CR-V competitor in some sort?
CR-V, Escape, Rouge . . . .
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

An interesting review of 2010 for Honda. From Automotive News:
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...312069954/1178

"Honda is not riding the wave" of the auto recovery, says Lincoln Merrihew, managing director of Compete Automotive, a market research firm.

Some of that has to do with timing. Two crucial products, the Civic and CR-V, are in the final year of their product cycle, and the Accord is 18 months from a redesign.

But other problems -- such as declining buyer consideration, an outdated inventory system and a sliding reputation among younger car shoppers -- suggest a brand that has lost some of its mojo.

Some missteps are easily reversible. For example, Honda held back production and inventory in February when the economy began to show signs of life, giving an opening to more aggressive manufacturers.
Honda dealers are having trouble providing shoppers with the vehicles they want. Honda's inventory and allocation system was designed when Honda had far fewer nameplates and trim levels, and the model proliferation has quickly outstripped the system's ability to let dealers order the exact vehicles they want.

"Inventory has been a problem," said Ron Theis of Honda of Corvallis, in Corvallis, Ore., who is chairman of the dealer advisory board. "We could sell more if we had them."
Oregon dealer Theis, a 25-year Honda veteran, said increasingly complicated model proliferation has taxed the current MOVE system. It's about more than just days' supply on a dealer's lot going toward turn-and-earn; it determines what vehicles can be ordered at a particular time.

Large and small dealers agree that Honda's inventory, allocation and manufacturing systems are not properly aligned, requiring a combination of mathematics and luck to get the right cars in stock.
The also talk about specific issues with slow selling niche product like the CR-Z, Crosstour, Insight as well as the drop off in owner loyalty due to styling etc. They summed it all up this way:
Good and bad news
PRO
• Odyssey starting well
• Civic, CR-V coming in 2011
• Low inventories
• Strong retention
CON
• Lackluster launches
• Staid styling
• Obsolete allocation system
• Fewer cross-shoppers
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Yup.... Insight, Crosstour and CR-Z sales are slouching. We never saw this coming! When you design cars that look this good, how can they not sell?!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/06/c...ne-bright-spo/

Honda has hit rough water with sales of its new CR-Z, Accord Crosstour and Insight models According to Automotive News, the three models are underperforming in a big way.

Take the Insight hybrid, which is falling 40,000 units short of even the most conservative estimates inside the company. Outsold 8-to-1 by its Toyota Prius rival, Honda has only managed to shift 19,325 units through November – the company originally targeted sales of 60,000 to 80,000.

Likewise, thus far this year, Honda has sold nearly 20,000 fewer Crosstour models than its biggest competitor – the Toyota Venza, selling just 25,927 units compared to the Toyota's 43,325. Need we remind you, Honda's original sales goal for the Crosstour was 40,000 units per year, a number we were deeply skeptical of after first driving the vehicle at its launch last November.

Although it hasn't been on the market that long, early sales for Honda's new CR-Z hybrid coupe aren't any more encouraging. Automotive News reports that Honda had conservatively intended to sell around 15,000 of the two-seat hybrids per year, but so far, only 4,373 have made their way off of dealer lots and another 3,000 are currently sitting in inventory. Thankfully, there is one bright spot in the Honda stable – the 2011 Odyssey. The minivan bowed in September, and it's performing well against a minivan segment that has heated up with a range of new competitors.

Automotive News suggests that the problem boils down to a change in Honda's image from a company with compelling products to one that plays it safe. Throw in styling that isn't for everyone and aging (but still selling) models like the CR-V and Accord, and you've got a recipe for decreased market share.

Honda, meanwhile, says that it doesn't focus on market share because that leads to bad habits (read: incentives), instead opting to focus on percentage-increases in vehicles sold. That's a fair strategy, but slow sales of key new models suggest that Honda needs to do some soul-searching. Might we suggest getting back to its roots as an engineering-driven car company?

Funny enough though, a friend of mine, who has no interest in minivans whatsoever, thought the new Odyssey actually looked quite good. He also happens to dislike basically every Honda ever made, and would probably never buy a Civic, if it matters.

I hate to beat on a dead horse, but the styling of car shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to qualities in a car. Too late now to make the drastic changes necessary but if cars like the 4G TL, and matters of taste are relative, but if it were designed to appeal to a broader audience, I'm sure at the very least it would seal the deal for prospective car buyers and Acura would move at least a few thousand more TLs each year. Also, only 156 ZDXs were sold in November finally, the RL isn't the sales dog of Honda's entire lineup.... though it's not much better (168 RLs sold)

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/509123.html

However, it looks like as a brand on the whole, Honda has improved over it's 2009 numbers by 16.1% as a brand. Good for them. Like a commenter said though, it seems like many of the best designers for Japan moved west to South Korea.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM

I hope the sales figures are a wakeup call.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
Like a commenter said though, it seems like many of the best designers for Japan moved west to South Korea.

I still think the best looking designs usually come out of European design firms. Honda's CA facility may sometimes come up with some decent concept cars but by the time they get to production they just don't appeal. And recently they must have had an infusion of guys that worked on the Aztec.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
i'm about to mute SSFTSX once again.... lol
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Why in the hell would you un-mute him in the first place?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by biker
I still think the best looking designs usually come out of European design firms. Honda's CA facility may sometimes come up with some decent concept cars but by the time they get to production they just don't appeal. And recently they must have had an infusion of guys that worked on the Aztec.
I agree, though I don't have much familiarity with many Euro products, I think the Civic Type-R is one of the few Japanese Hondas that looks better than it's European variant. For the most part, a lot of models that are spawning from Ingolstadt and Stuttgart look great.... Munich is another story.

oh, and European Fords, GMs, etc. all look great. I read somewhere that Ford is planning to adopt a global lineup - meaning the vaunted Euro Ford models will be coming stateside....

yup, it's here! http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2012/

Focus RS
Holden Commodore
JDM CTR
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Why in the hell would you un-mute him in the first place?
it was entertaining for a moment lol
Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FWD and SH-AWD would be my preference above RWD cars if I lived up north.

Acura is the only one that offers AWD and FWD?

They actually have the least amount of vehicles with AWD, compared to other luxury brands.

Not to worry though, lets just pretend we didn't hear about Acura outselling Lexus and Infiniti....where were we now....ah yes, Acura sucks! Only 5AT FWD! NO RWD V8! wtf Whats up with that!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Safety Car

Acura is beating EPA figures by wide margin. Audi S4/Suzuki K cant do it.
I have always maintain when driving hard. Acura will emerge as winner among all auto makers.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/lo...long-term-cars
At 26,576 miles, our TL-SH AWD so far has required three oil changes as determined by the on-board maintenance computer. In addition, the SH-AWD rear differential’s break-in oil was changed out at 15K as scheduled, and the only things that seem to be wearing down with each hard-charging mile are the sticky Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Welcome to Olliewood

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
I have always maintain when driving hard. Acura will emerge as winner among all auto makers.

At 26,576 miles, our TL-SH AWD so far has required three oil changes as determined by the on-board maintenance computer. In addition, the SH-AWD rear differential’s break-in oil was changed out at 15K as scheduled, and the only things that seem to be wearing down with each hard-charging mile are the sticky Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.
Who cares about company EPA figures? Thats not what I think of when I go out to purchase a new car, and doesn't reflect a car as an individual at all. That's like saying I wouldn't have bought a Legend because I got scared as soon I went to the dealership and saw an SLX sitting out front.

"This M3 sure is nice, if only BMW could match the outstanding fuel efficiency of all Acuras then I would consider it."
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

That true. Audi S4 EPA rating of 18 city/28 highway/21 combined do not compare to Acura ratings.

2011 TL FWD
18 city/26 highway/21 combined
2011 TL AWD
17 city/25 highway/20 combined
Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Acura is the only one that offers AWD and FWD?

They actually have the least amount of vehicles with AWD, compared to other luxury brands.

Not to worry though, lets just pretend we didn't hear about Acura outselling Lexus and Infiniti....where were we now....ah yes, Acura sucks! Only 5AT FWD! NO RWD V8! wtf Whats up with that!
Do they not have almost every sedan (sans the RL) offered in FWD? Do they not offer the RDX in FWD? It's more logical given the choice to have those cars where the winter weather isn't so nice.

Keep stirring the pot.....
Old 12-10-2010, 08:59 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
That true. Audi S4 EPA rating of 18 city/28 highway/21 combined do not compare to Acura ratings.

2011 TL FWD
18 city/26 highway/21 combined
2011 TL AWD
17 city/25 highway/20 combined
"Were talking real world fuel economy, superior side mirror design is more aerodynamic, higher ground clearance allows more air to flow under vehicle increasing fuel economy. Inferior German engineers are unaware of this."

That's the official response.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

"Were talking real world fuel economy, superior side mirror design is more aerodynamic, higher ground clearance allows more air to flow under vehicle increasing fuel economy. Inferior German engineers are unaware of this."

That's the official response.
And yet it doesn't help its mileage enough Stinkin' jermanz.

Quick Reply: Monthly Car Sales news