Acura: RLX News

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 5,885 Likes on 2,900 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
LOL Have a good night, man. It was worth the laugh...
The following users liked this post:
VTEC Racer (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,823 Likes on 3,735 Posts
I love how the Acura dick sucking club goes into overdrive every time a redesign is introduced.

Yeah you all know who you are.

Hondack can do no wrong. So fucking sickening.
phile (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
And yet you did nothing to address the substance of my post; you just focused in on my response to your insult of me. What is your deal?
Thats what trolls do look at his reply to me in the Civic thread.

Much like other losers on here, when they have nothing to really reply to accurate statements they result to insults to deflect.

This wimpy kid is no different.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
If RLX competes with BMW 535i, Lexus GS350 and Audi A6, does that mean TL(X) competes with 335i, IS350 and Audi A4?

If so, does that mean TSX competes with BMW 135i, ES350, and Audi A3?

If so, does that mean the ILX competes with..... shit, what does the ILX compete with?

Acura is so with their lineup and marketing.
They are not confused.
RLX FWD version competes with BMW 535/GS350/A6. but it is be expected to be faster , more refined and better handling than all of them on standard all season setup. Interior space is larger than all of them.
infact RLX FWD will be faster than LS460/Eqqus/740i/A8 3.0T/S350blue tech.

It is true flagship. before Acura never competed on refinement/speed for full size flagship. 1996 RL has only 225bhp.
Big advantage of this flagship.you can buy it for $50k and use honda like maintaince and depreciation. A $85k BMW 740i become $25k car after 4 years. This thing will still make it to $30k after 4 years. as there is no SH-AWD penalty for used market.

This 2011 750i with bundled of packages/options. lost almost $40k in one year. very gloomy interior with outdated exterior.

here come the brightness and youth.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...-up-close.html
If I could, I'd hoist the RLX and its product planners on my shoulders and parade them around the auto show for all other companies to see. Why? Because all the controls, apart from the touch-screen, are real, physical, mechanical buttons -- not the maddening touch-sensitive, "capacitive" buttons to which the industry is foolishly flocking.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Safety Car

I think red and blue will be impressive. you will not feel old man in this car.

how exactly is this better design.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
I think the styling is just elegantly bland. It doesn't look ugly to me. The styling direction of the RLX is closer to the LS and A6 IMO (conservative, kinda bland, easy on the eyes).

From the comments here, it seems like people don't have much of a problem with the RLX other than the styling. I think what you guys want to see is something similar to the CLS and A7?
Speaking of the CLS and A7, I saw the brand new BMW 640i today.

A 4-door coupe body in matt brown color. The rear end looked awesome.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Press release:
http://www.acuranews.com/channels/ac...eles-auto-show

Acura Debuts 2014 RLX Sedan at Los Angeles Auto Show
All-new flagship sedan showcases signature new Acura technologies; boasts class-leading fuel-efficiency, handling agility and rear-seat legroom

Text Only RLX press release SKV2.final2.1.docx Add to Basket Printer Friendly
11/28/2012 - LOS ANGELES, Calif.

Acura took the wraps off its all-new 2014 RLX luxury-performance sedan – the most powerful, spacious, and technologically advanced Acura sedan, ever. In keeping with the Man-Machine Synergy direction of the Acura brand, the RLX utilizes an all-new direct-injection engine, lightweight body structure, and the first-ever application of Acura Precision All-Wheel Steer™ to deliver a new and dynamic driving experience unlike that of any other luxury performance sedans. The next-generation AcuraLink® cloud-based connected car system makes its debut on the new RLX, offering a broad range of convenience, entertainment and security features.

"The 2014 Acura RLX heralds the introduction of a number of new signature Acura technologies that provide the driver a feeling of connection to the product, to the road, and to the world from the very moment they enter the vehicle," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. "The RLX embodies the Acura commitment to create vehicles with outstanding handling that truly respond to the will of the driver."

The 2014 Acura RLX is powered by an all-new 310-horsepower direct-injected SOHC 24-Valve i-VTEC® V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management, and is expected to earn best-in-class estimated EPA fuel economy ratings of 20/31/24 mpg1 (city/highway/combined). The new RLX delivers full-size interior space in a nimbler, mid-size luxury sedan package and boasts the best rear-seat legroom (38.8 inches), longest tandem seating distance (36.4 inches), and best front and rear shoulder room in the mid-luxury class.

Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS) is the world's first technology to feature independent and continuous control of the left and right rear-wheel steering (toe) angles to achieve new levels of handling agility, high- and low-speed maneuverability, and confident handling control for a two-wheel-drive luxury sedan.

As previously announced, a version of RLX featuring Acura's new Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive® (Sport Hybrid SH-AWD®) technology, producing 370 horsepower with expected fuel economy ratings of 30 city/30 highway/30 combined, will debut later in 2013.

The new RLX will confidently compete in the high-end luxury sedan market with an incredible array of leading-edge technologies – including the next-generation AcuraLink™ connectivity system with AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ featuring freeway traffic and all-new surface street conditions, the Lane Keeping Assist System and Forward Collision Warning safety systems, and new driver-assistive technologies such as Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, Agile Handling Assist dynamic braking technology and Jewel Eye™ LED headlights.

The 2014 Acura RLX is slated to go on-sale at U.S. Acura dealers nationwide in the spring of 2013 and will be available in five grades – the well-equipped RLX, the RLX with Navigation, the feature-packed RLX with Technology package, the RLX with Krell Audio package, and the top-of-the-line RLX with Advance package. Pricing details will be announced closer to launch.

Exterior Design and Function

The RLX follows an "aero-fused" exterior design motif with its wide and athletic stance, sharp upswept bodylines, aerodynamic greenhouse, and distinctive new Jewel-Eye™ LED headlights offering improved down-the-road illumination. The RLX's sleek upper body and numerous other aerodynamic features result in aerodynamic efficiency to best-in-class levels.

Seven spoke 18x8J aluminum-alloy wheels and 245/45 R18 all-weather tires are standard, while Technology, Krell and Advance grades feature 19x8J wheels and 245/40 R19 tires. The RLX's alloy wheels also feature a noise-reducing design that lowers tire noise by 7 decibels across the audible frequency range.

Additional exterior features available on the RLX include an acoustic glass windshield and door glass, integrated power rear sunshade, front and rear parking sensors, heated and auto-dimming side mirrors, and rain-sensing windshield wipers.

Interior Design and Function

The RLX interior features premium, soft touch materials throughout, with the tasteful application of premium metal and wood-grain accents. A stitched leather instrument panel, center console and steering wheel, along with available Milano perforated leather seats, communicate a new level of craftsmanship and refined luxury appeal in Acura's top-of-the-line sedan.

Luxury form and function are smartly integrated in the RLX's new center console, featuring dual screens – an 8-inch Navigation screen and a 7-inch On-Demand Multi-Use Display™ touch screen – that provide easy and direct one-touch access to key functions, including audio, air conditioning, navigation and text-to-voice SMS text message function. The sliding, leather-trimmed armrest conceals a storage compartment with USB connectivity, 12-volt accessory power outlet and space to store a tablet device.

Additional interior comfort and convenience features include push-button start, power tilt and telescoping steering, power sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®.

The standard 10-speaker ELS® audio system includes HD radio™, XM radio, Pandora® interface, USB connectivity, and an auxiliary jack. The RLX with Technology package is equipped with a 14-speaker Acura/ELS® Studio premium audio system. The Krell Audio and Advance grades receive an all-new Krell ultra-premium system that sets a new benchmark for high-fidelity sound in a luxury vehicle.

Chassis Technology

Whether on a serpentine mountain pass, congested city street, or cramped airport parking deck, and in all weather conditions, the RLX with Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS™), is designed to deliver an unprecedented level of handling precision and control.

Working in concert with Vehicle Stability Assist® (VSA®) with Traction Control and Agile Handling Assist dynamic braking system, P-AWS™ provides enhanced vehicle stability, maneuverability, and control. The RLX's handling performance is further elevated by its new double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension system with Amplitude Reactive Dampers, and new high-output, belt-type electronic power steering.

All RLX models have 4-wheel disc brakes with high-friction pads and a 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS), along with new Hydraulic Brake Boost that improves brake pedal feel. New Electric Parking Brake with Automatic Brake Hold, and high-efficiency Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) are additional firsts for Acura.

New Direct Injected VTEC® V-6 with VCM

The 2014 RLX is powered by an all-new 3.5-liter direct-injected SOHC i-VTEC® V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management. Rated at 310 horsepower and 272 lb.-ft. of torque, the engine delivers exceptional drivability, with more than 90-percent of its peak torque produced from 2000 rpm to 6600 rpm. Variable Cylinder Management™ with 3-cylinder and 6-cylinder operation works in concert with the VTEC valvetrain to deliver superb cruising efficiency. The engine is mounted to a lightweight and rigid aluminum front subframe using a vibration-canceling Active Control engine Mount (ACM) system.
The new engine is mated to a reengineered Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission with revised gearing, an intuitive selector and steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles. A driver-selectable Sport mode provides more aggressive shift points and more pronounced engine braking during deceleration, along with manual operation.

AcuraLink® Connectivity System

The RLX is equipped with the next-generation of the AcuraLink® connectivity system, delivering a bevy of new information, media, convenience, and security services via embedded two-way communications and web-enabled devices. AcuraLink® leverages the Aha™ by Harman cloud-based interface to provide users with thousands of customizable media and connectivity choices. Next-generation AcuraLink® also delivers an array of available security and convenience features, such as AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ featuring freeway traffic and all-new surface street traffic, airbag deployment notification, stolen vehicle tracking, remote locking and unlocking, security alarm notification and 24-hour personalized concierge services for restaurant reservations and more.

Advanced Safety, Visibility, and Driver Assistive Technology

The RLX offers a comprehensive list of leading-edge technologies, including Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist system, Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation Brake system safety technologies, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow driver assist system, and Blind Spot Information and Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines enhanced visibility systems.
Featuring Acura's next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ II (ACE™ II) body structure, the RLX is anticipated to earn top-level safety ratings, including a 5-star NCAP Overall Vehicle Score, and IIHS ‘Top Safety Pick' rating as well as a GOOD rating in the new IIHS small overlap frontal crash test.

Additional details on key advances and technologies for the all-new 2014 RLX:

Class leading interior space based on the RLX's longer wheelbase and efficient packaging. At 196.1 inches, the RLX is similar in length to the outgoing RL, but it has a two-inch longer wheelbase and is nearly two inches wider, placing the new RLX well above the norm in the mid-luxury class. The flagship RLX sedan has up to three inches more rear legroom than competing models, including the BMW 535i, Lexus GS350 and Audi A6.
Extensive use of lightweight materials includes the application of high-strength steel to 55 percent of the body, and the intensive use of aluminum—for the front fenders, hood, steering hangar beam, front and rear bumper beams, front subframe, and front and rear door outer panels (mated to steel inner panels). The RLX weighs in at 3,933 pounds. Static bending and torsional body rigidity are up 52 percent and 46 percent, respectively.
Jewel-Eye LED headlights (an Acura first) LED lamps enhance the RLX's modern and distinctive appearance while providing outstanding light distribution and improved down-the-road illumination.
Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ offers a wide range of search options including local search functionality and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ for both highways and surface streets.
Agile Handling Assist (an Acura first) uses active braking to help the driver smoothly and easily trace the desired line through a curve with smaller steering inputs.
Electric Parking Brake (an Acura first) provides one-touch parking brake activation.
Automatic Brake Hold (an Acura first) maintains the vehicle's position when the driving or parking brake are released until the throttle is depressed.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (an Acura first), allows the RLX to independently maintain a set following distance in low-speed traffic situations, including stop and go traffic, and to initiate vehicle braking when necessary.
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) uses a camera mounted in the upper portion of the windshield to detect vehicles ahead of the RLX and audibly and visually alert the driver when it determines a frontal collision with a detected vehicle is possible.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) uses the same windshield-mounted camera to detect lane markings on the road and alerts the driver if the vehicle is wandering from a detected lane.
Front seatbelt e-pretensioners use electronic control to reduce belt tension under normal driving conditions, while also enabling automatic belt tensioning in hard cornering maneuvers or in the event of a collision.
Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines uses guidelines that reflect steering wheel inputs on the display to aid in backup maneuvers.
Capless fueling (an Acura first) eliminates the fuel cap and improves ease of fueling.
Not good enough dammit, not good enough!! . Most of this stuff can be had in much cheaper vehicles, even within their own lineups. This gives me no confidence Acura can keep up and compete with the styling, innovation, and technology Audi, BMW, and Lexus are offering in their line-ups.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
LOL Have a good night, man. It was worth the laugh...
Seriously, does this board even get moderated? Or are posts like the above considered on topic?
The following 3 users liked this post by jwong77:
cp3117 (11-30-2012), phile (11-29-2012), ttribe (11-30-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Congrats to Acura for once again creating a car that the public will think is just a bigger Accord.
Perfectly said!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM
The Third Ball

That Lexus GS looks WAY better especially inside.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
^That pic was of an LS
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pttl
I love how the Acura dick sucking club goes into overdrive every time a redesign is introduced.

Yeah you all know who you are.

Hondack can do no wrong. So fucking sickening.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by MTEAZY
^That pic was of an LS
Youre right...chin spoiler.

So, its a car that doesnt even compete with the RLX (and it still looks better).

It should be a pic of a GS

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Enough with the bashing each other, I want to go back to pointing and laughing at Acura's futility.

Hey look, Honda/Acura... nobody likes your cars.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Costco
Enough with the bashing each other, I want to go back to pointing and laughing at Acura's futility.

Hey look, Honda/Acura... nobody likes your cars.
I dont doubt that acura doesn't have lots of groundbreaking tech, and its probably a great drive.

But Acura doesn't know what to do with itself or its tech in terms of putting into an appealing package these days.

The ONLY car in Acura's line up that turns my head is the TSX Wagon...and it was on the list of potential Prius replacements...then I saw that the 4 banger takes premium fuel...nope. sad.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
brahs be jelly

Do you drive a lot? The extra cost for premium 15,000 miles/year at 24 MPG comes out to $125.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5

I have the same bromance with you. I'd extend the courtesy if someone had you on block and they wanted to ask you a question, which I'm sure a lot do
Nope. Besides if someone's too weak to visit a public board and digest what others have to say because it's contradictory to what he thinks, and instead resort to putting those people on a so-called troll/ignore list...well that says more about him than it does about the members of this board.
ttribe (11-30-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
The Third Ball

Do you drive a lot? The extra cost for premium 15,000 miles/year at 24 MPG comes out to $125.
Its all relative. I live in LA...so yeah I live in my car more than the average person.

If Im going to pay to fill up premium...I'll spend it on regular for a larger vehicle for my twins. Which is exactly what I did.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Its all relative. I live in LA...so yeah I live in my car more than the average person.

If Im going to pay to fill up premium...I'll spend it on regular for a larger vehicle for my twins. Which is exactly what I did.
As a TSX wagon owner, I've averaged 27 mpg in the past 14,000 miles. I get 34 mpg on long highway trips. Few others match its utility and comfort.

Premium schmemium.
MTEAZY (11-30-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
As a TSX wagon owner, I've averaged 27 mpg in the past 14,000 miles. I get 34 mpg on long highway trips. Few others match its utility and comfort.

Premium schmemium.
You forget I have twins If I was going to stay in a vehicle that is slightly larger than the prius, it needed to give me big returns. And since the vehicle is mainly driven by my wife...probably 95% or more in stop and go city traffic during the week I'd need bigger returns. The Jetta TDI was a more appealing choice in that arena. Premium gas would have been pissing money down the drain, imo.

And believe me...I really like the look of tsx wagon...I think its great.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
In LA traffic you'd probably get 21 mpg or so.

I wish Honda was able to use the same diesel they put in the wagon in Europe.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
In LA traffic you'd probably get 21 mpg or so.

I wish Honda was able to use the same diesel they put in the wagon in Europe.
Yeah but 21mpg isnt good enough for premium prices down here. I'd rather spend that extra money on regular...make up the difference in the loss of mpg for having a larger SUV.

Which is why I now have the Highlander (the unfreaking believable lease deal I got on it notwithstanding)

It would be nice if Honda clued with turbos and diesels. I had a real interest in the forthcoming Jeep GC with diesel coming out in January/Feb. And of course Honda dropped the turbo ball by using the RDX as a guinea pig.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 AM

Yeah but 21mpg isnt good enough for premium prices down here. I'd rather spend that extra money on regular...make up the difference in the loss of mpg for having a larger SUV.

Which is why I now have the Highlander (the unfreaking believable lease deal I got on it notwithstanding)

It would be nice if Honda clued with turbos and diesels. I had a real interest in the forthcoming Jeep GC with diesel coming out in January/Feb. And of course Honda dropped the turbo ball by using the RDX as a guinea pig.
The RDX is just one in a long list of recent Honda flops.

1G RDX
Crosstour
ZDX
Insight
CR-Z (sorry Ken, it just isn't a success in NA, no matter the reason)
2G RL, and possibly this upcoming RL/X as well
9G Civic interior & Si
ILX in anything but 2.4 + 6MT trim

Am I missing anything?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 AM
The Third Ball

The RDX is just one in a long list of recent Honda flops.

1G RDX
Crosstour
ZDX
Insight
CR-Z (sorry Ken, it just isn't a success in NA, no matter the reason)
2G RL, and possibly this upcoming RL/X as well
9G Civic interior & Si
ILX in anything but 2.4 + 6MT trim

Am I missing anything?
I dont know that I would call the 1G RDX a flop. No, it wasn't a runaway hit...it was certainly the WRONG way to attempt to gauge interest and sales in a turbo engine.

But it had a lot of good things about it.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Safety Car

That Lexus GS looks WAY better especially inside.
Lexus GS is 1970s era interior design.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...rt-test-review
Not so impressive: Corolla-grade plastic masquerading as metal on the steering wheel, doors, and dashboard; remarkably unremarkable fonts and graphics; and the huge black hole housing the optional 12.3-inch infotainment screen. And then there’s the endlessly distracting, pad-on-a-stick-on-a-pedestal Remote Touch interface. At least primary climate-control and sound-system functions retain their own knobs or buttons. And the voice-command system is a good listener.

GS is obsolete right out the door. It is cramped compared to RLX and looks way longer than its actual size. RLX has this understated elegance.

oversized exhaust. side mirros of SUV

Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 AM

I dont know that I would call the 1G RDX a flop. No, it wasn't a runaway hit...it was certainly the WRONG way to attempt to gauge interest and sales in a turbo engine.

But it had a lot of good things about it.
Mediocre fuel economy compared to the rest of the segment, and power delivery inappropriate for a luxury CUV?

Not to mention engineering the engine/turbo setup in such a way that it wouldn't be easily transferred into any other vehicle. People on AZ have been clamoring for the K23 in the TSX or some Honda vehicle for years. That was probably the biggest complaint, dangling the carrot in front of everyone only to have it disappear from the lineup.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 AM
The Third Ball

Mediocre fuel economy compared to the rest of the segment, and power delivery inappropriate for a luxury CUV?

Not to mention engineering the engine/turbo setup in such a way that it wouldn't be easily transferred into any other vehicle. People on AZ have been clamoring for the K23 in the TSX or some Honda vehicle for years. That was probably the biggest complaint, dangling the carrot in front of everyone only to have it disappear from the lineup.
Hence my saying wrong platform to gauge a turbo engine.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Lexus GS is 1970s era interior design.

GS is obsolete right out the door. It is cramped compared to RLX and looks way longer than its actual size. RLX has this understated elegance.
Thanks for trying to impart your subjective opinions as fact...you and dipshit racer never fail to disappoint.
cp3117 (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Safety Car

You forget I have twins If I was going to stay in a vehicle that is slightly larger than the prius, it needed to give me big returns. And since the vehicle is mainly driven by my wife...probably 95% or more in stop and go city traffic during the week I'd need bigger returns. The Jetta TDI was a more appealing choice in that arena. Premium gas would have been pissing money down the drain, imo.

And believe me...I really like the look of tsx wagon...I think its great.
you have to look at depreciation and maintaince also. A comparably equiped Jetta diesel wagon at $30K will be less than $10k in 5 years. 5 year old TSX still command $17k to $18k and that not a wagon. TSX wagon is more rare it will hold its value even better. and for 4cylinder TSX premium is recommended not required. www.acura.com

You will not get bald tires on TSX as often as on German cars.

Jetta wagon is slow and noisy. and 31mpg is not impressive either. as it is only 6mpg better than TSX wagon. You will be driving Jetta wagon for 15 years just recoup the maintainance and depreciation.
http://www.insideline.com/volkswagen...wagen-tdi.html

There is advantage of keeping cars for long time as the vehicle licensing fee and insurance goes down with age. after 5 years you will be paying less than $200 for TSX license renewal but over $400 if you buy a new vehicle.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 AM

SSFTSX I just really want to say, I truly appreciate what you have to add. You are an invaluable member of the forum, I'm always glad to see your wise and well-thought out insight you are probably the most influential of all the pro-Honda members on here, if only more of them followed in your footsteps. You always change my mind whenever I read your posts.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
The Third Ball

Considering I lease...and I stated as much, I don't really care about long term maintenance or value.

Jetta diesels have always held their value quite well out here in CA.

And seriously...you're trying to compare resale values of a two wagons that are in completely different price points. The TDI starts around $26K.....the Acura starts around $32K.....

And PS...there is a reason Acura recommends premium...that engine is running a much higher compression ratio to put the power down...its no different than the 5th gen Prelude. To run less than premium would yield way less mpg than advertised, aside from loss of performance.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 AM
brahs be jelly

The Jetta has a beam axle.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 AM
The Third Ball

And the Mustang has a live axle...whats your point?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM
brahs be jelly

Solid axles are great for durability.. in 4x4's & 500+ hp Mustangs. The geometry is compromised.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
The Third Ball

Solid axles are great for durability.. in 4x4's & 500+ hp Mustangs. The geometry is compromised.
the jetta is neither a 4x4 nor 500 hp muscle car...so I still fail to see your point.

As for the mustang's suspension and your statement...I'll let their track times speak for themselves...

EDIT: Or you're grammar is sucking and I'm misreading what it is youre attempting to say...in which case you are still failing to get any real point across.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 AM
brahs be jelly

Why do you think the next Mustang won't have it. I can't argue with the performance of the current model but all else being equal it would handle better & have greater tire contact patch with a well-tuned IRS.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 AM
The Third Ball

Why do you think the next Mustang won't have it. I can't argue with the performance of the current model but all else being equal it would handle better & have greater tire contact patch with a well-tuned IRS.
And you're talking about a performance machine...not a commuter wagon...

This beginning to make sense yet?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Safety Car

Considering I lease...and I stated as much, I don't really care about long term maintenance or value.

Jetta diesels have always held their value quite well out here in CA.

And seriously...you're trying to compare resale values of a two wagons that are in completely different price points. The TDI starts around $26K.....the Acura starts around $32K.....

And PS...there is a reason Acura recommends premium...that engine is running a much higher compression ratio to put the power down...its no different than the 5th gen Prelude. To run less than premium would yield way less mpg than advertised, aside from loss of performance.
i said comparable equiped.
if ur leasing ur not saving any money any way as u continously pay higher sales tax , higher vehicle renewal and insurance. fuel economic difference is least of concern.
TSX has thicker glass is more insulated for hot weather of LA.

http://www.insideline.com/acura/tsx-...st-wrapup.html
Fuel costs would be higher if we ran the TSX strictly on the recommended premium gasoline, but we didn't. We noticed negligible differences in fuel economy based on our driving patterns. That said, our best single tank of fuel was nearly 33 mpg, which covered more than 500 miles. The EPA rates highway fuel economy at 30 mpg. We averaged 24.6 mpg over 20,000 miles of testing, matching EPA estimations

Last edited by SSFTSX; 11-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:11 AM
brahs be jelly

And you're talking about a performance machine...not a commuter wagon...

This beginning to make sense yet?
I know what you're getting at, but it was a cheap move by VW. I doubt Honda could get away with that in the US. Looking at their website the JSW is an MKV with a facelift so it still has the multilink.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
i said comparable equiped.
if ur leasing ur not saving any money any way as u continously pay higher sales tax , higher vehicle renewal and insurance. fuel economic difference is least of concern.
TSX has thicker glass is more insulated for hot weather of LA.
comparably equipped...the TSX is STILL thousands more. like $5k more

vehicle renewal in CA will be the same regardless as its based on the value of the car regardless of whether you lease or buy...insurance...no real baring there either.

Money factor being offered at the factors into it as well.

But I'll let you keep pulling statements out of your ass as I'm currently leasing a $40k SUV for $300 a month...

And thicker glass

Quick Reply: Acura: RLX News