StreetEffectz TSX Headunit install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetEffectz
About $3000 for that install w/the unit included and the custom cable I had made.
That's really not that bad of a price...considering it includes the unit! There's a ton of work involved with that. Even if that just included the installation of the D1, its well worth it! Great Job!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys - the circuit board is slightly modified, but if we were ever to put the factory radio back in, all we would need is the front plastic piece that we modified. The screen on the factory board has been modified a little - it stick about an inch off the circuit board and almost sits flush with the trim. That white piece we molded into the factory trim is only 1/8" thick so we left the factory LCD display in tact but removed it's mounting point and folded it down and out of the way. It's a lot more complicated than it looks

Plus, we contracted a company to make us the flexible flat so we can mount the units that far away from each other - the factory cable is only about 6 inches long, our cable is 28" long.
Cool. Great hack.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is not only great work but that is great imagination to come up with that idea! impressive!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by I'm Batman
That is not only great work but that is great imagination to come up with that idea! impressive!

Wait, so I'm a lil confused. That cd-insert where the storage bin is...that comes as a part of the headunit? I have the Eclipse double-din Navi on another car, and the screen itself folds down instead of another unit.

Very nice install by the way.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,693 Likes on 2,511 Posts
Originally Posted by loxllxol
Wait, so I'm a lil confused. That cd-insert where the storage bin is...that comes as a part of the headunit? I have the Eclipse double-din Navi on another car, and the screen itself folds down instead of another unit.

Very nice install by the way.
they took the sacreen off of the unit and mounted it up top. then the attached the cubby door to the main unit the screen used to be attached to.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Arctic Blue TSX

Streeteffectz got to me Man...

Ron , thanks for the awesome install man.

Guys, here are the pics that I took too, will take more coming weekend.
Enjoy!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by kimster
Ron , thanks for the awesome install man.

Guys, here are the pics that I took too, will take more coming weekend.
Enjoy!

you have possibly the pimpest install in a tsx ever. I think I am ging to have to get one done in mine too once I come up with enough money for it.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Arctic Blue TSX

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
you have possibly the pimpest install in a tsx ever. I think I am ging to have to get one done in mine too once I come up with enough money for it.

O'YAH !!! Thanks CCColtsicehockey, it cost alot but it is worth it. And thank you again for the people who directed me to Ron in Streeteffectz.

Really hate advertising but guess I should tell you guys something about the installer [Ron] who makes this installations happen. First, he treats his install like an art, which is the best part because it signify that we are guaranteed he is very detail in his work. Second, he also put in the effort to update on the process of the installations as well as pledges to make the installations worth the money invested. Third, he treats customer with respect. Ron, you are the Man =)
Thanks for the great install
Old 10-31-2005, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by kimster

O'YAH !!! Thanks CCColtsicehockey, it cost alot but it is worth it. And thank you again for the people who directed me to Ron in Streeteffectz.

Really hate advertising but guess I should tell you guys something about the installer [Ron] who makes this installations happen. First, he treats his install like an art, which is the best part because it signify that we are guaranteed he is very detail in his work. Second, he also put in the effort to update on the process of the installations as well as pledges to make the installations worth the money invested. Third, he treats customer with respect. Ron, you are the Man =)
Thanks for the great install
curious how long did they have your car for.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:01 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
In the future, after final completion, will it available in different panel than leather (cf, or fiberglass etc?)

TY, absolutely speechless
Old 10-31-2005, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by xenonhid
In the future, after final completion, will it available in different panel than leather (cf, or fiberglass etc?)

TY, absolutely speechless
everyone keeps saying leather i think it is painted black doesnt look like leather to me looks like they tried to get it to match the plastic of the stereo from before.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, it was painted to match VERY closely to it's original finish

Wilson, thank you for your business and patience while we got it all worked out. Thank you for the kind words too, MUCH appreciated!
Old 10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Racer

Wilson, thank you for your business and patience while we got it all worked out. Thank you for the kind words too, MUCH appreciated!
I was just browsing the TSX forum and happened to look at this thread and all I can say is WOW! That is one clean install. I have a '04 TL no-navi and had wanted to do something like an aftermarket navi and this seems to be exactly what I have been looking for. Is there any way you guys can do this install on my TL? $3,000 seems like a very fair price being that the factory navi is $2,000 and this does a lot more than just navigate.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Arctic Blue TSX

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
curious how long did they have your car for.
Currently at work, but gonna answer this question.
It took a total of 7 days exactly. Got alot of things done to my car. My sound system, dynamat , alarm, tints, and finally my navigation. Most of the installations was completed on the 6th day. Oh, fyi too, I am told in the beginning of the installations that they would need to fabricate a cable to make this possible, and the cable will be about 2 weeks wait before he could get his hands on it. And after they got the cable for the final setup, it also concluded the last day of my TSX installation.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Arctic Blue TSX

no man, it should be me thanking you for making this possible Ron. Great job !!!
Old 10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nYmALu86
I was just browsing the TSX forum and happened to look at this thread and all I can say is WOW! That is one clean install. I have a '04 TL no-navi and had wanted to do something like an aftermarket navi and this seems to be exactly what I have been looking for. Is there any way you guys can do this install on my TL? $3,000 seems like a very fair price being that the factory navi is $2,000 and this does a lot more than just navigate.
Of course we can do something similar in your TL - plus I already have the extra cables (I had more made anticipating someone else would want this done).
Old 10-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Cruisin'

This is really scary (maybe because its Halloween) but I did almost EXACTLY this same install in my 04 TSX. Although i was not as worried about returning to stock so i removed the factory LCD display. If anyone is interested i can also post some pics.

One question for StreetEffectz, did you find a way to keep the factory clock working or did you have to disconnect it due to the inability to set it? (this is what I did)

Great Job BTW! Nice to know I wasnt the only one working on this.

ND
Old 10-31-2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by neighbordave
This is really scary (maybe because its Halloween) but I did almost EXACTLY this same install in my 04 TSX. Although i was not as worried about returning to stock so i removed the factory LCD display. If anyone is interested i can also post some pics.

One question for StreetEffectz, did you find a way to keep the factory clock working or did you have to disconnect it due to the inability to set it? (this is what I did)

ND
I would like to see some pics of one that you personally did.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by neighbordave

ND
You took apart a D1 and had a custom cable made also? Let's see some pics!
I didn't bother with the factory clock, I could set it, but the way the dash goes together with the screen and all, it wasn't worth it because if the battery were ever disconnected, we'd have to pull the dash all back apart just to set it - not worth it.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Cruisin'

Im sorry that I was not detailed enough in my explanation. What I meant to say was that I also mounted a screen in the exact same spot as you did in the pics you posted.

In my case I am using an Alpine 770 touch screen attached to a separate DVD player. It does pose all of the same problems, however, with removing the face without destroying the circuit board.

Again, sorry for the confusion and thanks for answering my question about the factory clock.

ND
Old 11-07-2005, 02:37 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

fanfuckingtastic... shiat props.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:03 PM

so mr. streeteffectz you got a shop in FL? or someplace a little more south than Jersy ?? lol
Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
so mr. streeteffectz you got a shop in FL? or someplace a little more south than Jersy ?? lol
good job bumping a thread over 3 months old.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by brianlin87
k is there a problem with that??

why would i go start a whole new thread when all the information is in this one???
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brianlin87
hmm you still in January ?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned

FYI - I think Wilson is going to be selling this setup as he is trading in the car.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:00 PM

FYI - I think Wilson is going to be selling this setup as he is trading in the car.
Yea I made him an offer with a breakdown of why I chose my figure; seemed to scare him a bit! He didn't realize things depreicate I guess...

Plus he said that the deal he was getting on the TL wasn't necessarily worth it and so he wasn't sure if he was still trading in/selling his setup.

If I were to send you all my pieces, and the Avic D1, what would you charge for the labor and the cable? (PM me please) -- or e-mail me... starbai@gmail.com
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Instructor

I do have to say, that in the last 2 Years, I've spent ALOT of money with him on 2 cars, and I have NOT YET BEEN DISSAPOINTED....now I am on my 3rd car in 2 years and I decided to go for the most expensive purchase yet....On my STi....Eclipse AVN-6600 + Sirius + iPod hookup...Picking it up tomorrow....They just merged with Installations Unlimited in Union, but they STILL have the GREAT CUSTOMER CARE that they had when they were in Rahway. Picking it all up tomorrow, I'm sooo EXCITED!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Instructor

I installed it tonight on my STi, I will post pics tomorrow...
Old 05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jonesi
tease.

Fine, give me a little time, i was dodging T-Storms today