TL: 2011 TL Base Wiring Advice on Double Din Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:28 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2011 TL Base Wiring Advice on Double Din Upgrade

Hey, got a 2011 Acura TL Base Non-Nav and need some good advice/alternatives how to install an aftermarket head unit. I decided to do this cause I need a back up camera since I cannot see anything threw 5% tints while backing into a Jersey spot. I would like to upgrade the headunit and retain the function of the factory amplifier and speakers (if possible), so I got the following:

1) An android double din by Joying which has reverse camera inputs

2) 2008-UP Honda Accord into car wire harness which fits but I'm not sure if the terminals will match up with the 11 TL stock harness

I found this pin diagram for a 2010 TL

This is the actual 11 TL harness

Do I have to configure the pins on the Honda into car harness to match the 11 TL harness, is this even possible or should I consider another route ?
Old 11-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I am now exactly in same situation as you are.
I cannot find an help to achieve my goal so decided to make my own harness.
I have same double din but latest Quad Core-HD-Android 4.4.4
CLICK TO SEE RADIO

It came to me with a canbus added CIVIC harness which is pretty same as some ACURA models and ACCORD (Both up 2009) CLICK for harness
But like i said it is pretty same, NOT the same!!
So i have to remap and add some wires and also tap and/or splice some wires too to get it work. Unfortunately my first test wasn't good. Android radio turned on and worked but not fully functioned. There were no audio from speakers and no signal from backup reverse camera. Also USB dash cam has very blured green screen. Like you watch NTSC system on a PAL device. I could see that USB CAM working but it was only in one color: Green. Green and her tints. Like looking to an old photo (Black/white) in this case green/white. Also the quality of USB Dash cam was very poor. Then i unplugged the harness. i will check it again. I think that i did something wrong wth amplifier power management.

Nice thing is that harness has a built in canbus adapter which allow you to use steering wheel controls. Tested too, it is working but need to be remapped/programmed. I will come back to that later.

If i can mount my new radio with succes then i will paste the result here.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:42 PM
8th Gear

I was finally able to get this thing working, I cut off the standard harness that came with the JOYING unit and soldered on a 2009 Honda Accord and up harness. I also used a Metra 40-HD11 2009-Up Honda Antenna Adapter Cable to get radio stations just for the if of it. At this point the front 2 tweeters and the front two speakers are working as for the back speakers, they still do not work but I will have to run RCA cables from the back of the JOYING unit to the rear speakers to get them working since the 2009 Honda accord harness does not have rear speaker connections. I did not have to cut any of my factory wires yet. As for the rear cam, I wired it from the battery to a SPST switch and plugged it into the AVIN input in the back of the JOYING headunit so I do have to flip the switch and use the AVIN app to see the rearcam anytime, that is the only way I was able to get it working so far. The DVR work like a charm I got the JOYING USB Port HD 720P Night Vision Car DVR Camera, have not noticed any issues yet. No steering wheel controls yet but I am planning on getting the PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control with Bus Data to get them working. Other than than that re-doing the suede on the dash kit.

Last edited by Soul_Deamon; 11-25-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:32 AM
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Soul_Deamon
I was finally able to get this thing working, I cut off the standard harness that came with the JOYING unit and soldered on a 2009 Honda Accord and up harness. I also used a Metra 40-HD11 2009-Up Honda Antenna Adapter Cable to get radio stations just for the if of it. At this point the front 2 tweeters and the front two speakers are working as for the back speakers, they still do not work but I will have to run RCA cables from the back of the JOYING unit to the rear speakers to get them working since the 2009 Honda accord harness does not have rear speaker connections. I did not have to cut any of my factory wires yet. As for the rear cam, I wired it from the battery to a SPST switch and plugged it into the AVIN input in the back of the JOYING headunit so I do have to flip the switch and use the AVIN app to see the rearcam anytime, that is the only way I was able to get it working so far. The DVR work like a charm I got the JOYING USB Port HD 720P Night Vision Car DVR Camera, have not noticed any issues yet. No steering wheel controls yet but I am planning on getting the PAC SWI-CP5 Steering Wheel Control with Bus Data to get them working. Other than than that re-doing the suede on the dash kit.

Well?
Well you gona update us? Did you ever get All speakers to work? What was the issue? Im about to do the same install
Old 10-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Connoisseur of Aesthetics

Originally Posted by Soul_Deamon
Hey, got a 2011 Acura TL Base Non-Nav and need some good advice/alternatives how to install an aftermarket head unit. I decided to do this cause I need a back up camera since I cannot see anything threw 5% tints while backing into a Jersey spot. I would like to upgrade the headunit and retain the function of the factory amplifier and speakers (if possible), so I got the following:

1) An android double din by Joying which has reverse camera inputs

2) 2008-UP Honda Accord into car wire harness which fits but I'm not sure if the terminals will match up with the 11 TL stock harness

I found this pin diagram for a 2010 TL

This is the actual 11 TL harness

Do I have to configure the pins on the Honda into car harness to match the 11 TL harness, is this even possible or should I consider another route ?
This is the wire diagram for 2009 if anybody needs it. I've got other connectors as well if PM.

​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
TuroTL (10-06-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 01:46 PM
8th Gear

Will this be the a similar install for a 2010 base TL with a pioneer 8200 new head unit?
Old 01-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
The Pioneer should be a lot more straight forward. This has got so much going on it's got me confused just looking at it. I'm still trying to figure out what the advantage is over Android Auto units.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:44 PM
8th Gear

Talking

They don't make it easy. Advantage is, wireless iPhone screen mirroring, plugin Android screen mirroring. Watch videos and play music in any format plus the din came with Wifi. To resolve the rear speaker issue, you have to wire up an amp and run wires from it to the back speakers. Install caused me to loose armrest usb but the double dine provided 2 more. Best part is USB dashcam that records onto a USB drive.