Bring A Trailer / auction / other car ads of interest discussion thread - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Bring A Trailer / auction / other car ads of interest discussion thread

Notices

Bring A Trailer / auction / other car ads of interest discussion thread

 
Old 02-28-2019, 04:32 PM
  #1  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
Thread Starter
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 33
Posts: 3,176
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
Bring A Trailer / auction / other car ads of interest discussion thread

nist7 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nist7 For This Useful Post:
NBP04TL4ME (02-28-2019), teh CL (02-28-2019)
Old 02-28-2019, 04:42 PM
  #2  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
Not anywhere as exciting - but also this one - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-accord-4/

When I met my wife she was driving a 5 speed black EX version of this.
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 05:10 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,488
Thanked 783 Times in 590 Posts
horseshoez is online now  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:15 PM
  #4  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
1 of 146 made and likely the only one in the US?? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-rs200-2/ Guessing it goes for close to $300K???
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:37 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 941
Thanked 238 Times in 150 Posts
I can't believe someone paid $70,000 (plus $3.500) for an S2000. It's a cool car, but that's like M3 level car.
Curious3GTL is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM
  #6  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
Thread Starter
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 33
Posts: 3,176
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME View Post
Not anywhere as exciting - but also this one - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-accord-4/

When I met my wife she was driving a 5 speed black EX version of this.
Haha, dang it's in OP KS! My old stomping grounds. Definitely a nice collectible for Honda enthusiasts...though my wife/friends would say thats an ugly AF car and scratch head as to why people would pay that much for a car....

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL View Post
I can't believe someone paid $70,000 (plus $3.500) for an S2000. It's a cool car, but that's like M3 level car.
Yeah think mint S2000 are gonna be going up in value...especially one like that that's basically a museum piece with no miles. I bet new owners are gonna be trying to keep the miles under 100...
nist7 is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
wackjum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 36
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 412 Times in 214 Posts
Buying a car like that S2000 is to me, completely pointless.

You paid a premium to get one with that low miles. Once you start driving it, you are destroying the very value you paid a premium for.

For me, I distinctly went looking for an NSX with moderate miles so I would not feel guilty driving it around.
wackjum is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:20 PM
  #8  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
Haha, dang it's in OP KS! My old stomping grounds. Definitely a nice collectible for Honda enthusiasts...though my wife/friends would say thats an ugly AF car and scratch head as to why people would pay that much for a car....
28 years ago it wasn't a bad looking car We'll see where the auction ends regarding price, but it's currently ($5900) not crazy money for reliable transportation. You could easily argue for that kind of money it should have airbags and other more modern safety features but as you mentioned probably more a car of the Honda enthusiasts.
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:48 PM
  #9  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,663
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,109 Posts
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
Buying a car like that S2000 is to me, completely pointless.

You paid a premium to get one with that low miles. Once you start driving it, you are destroying the very value you paid a premium for.

For me, I distinctly went looking for an NSX with moderate miles so I would not feel guilty driving it around.
That S2000 will never get driven. It'll sit in the owner's collection, hooked to a battery tender for the rest of time. Probably sitting next to equally valuable/unique cars.
SamDoe1 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to SamDoe1 For This Useful Post:
nist7 (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 01:56 PM
  #10  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
I'm glad I visited this thread now. If it blows up with tempting links I'm going to have to nope right out
juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
  #11  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,663
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,109 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
I'm glad I visited this thread now. If it blows up with tempting links I'm going to have to nope right out
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
SamDoe1 is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamDoe1 For This Useful Post:
JT4 (03-07-2019), neuronbob (03-15-2019), teh CL (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 02:42 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,488
Thanked 783 Times in 590 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
Oh geez, so freakin' glad I don't have thirty-grand (or more) burning a hole in my pocket right about now.
horseshoez is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to horseshoez For This Useful Post:
nist7 (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 03:22 PM
  #13  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
teh CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Oakville, Ont
Age: 31
Posts: 13,750
Thanked 632 Times in 466 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
teh CL is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 03:40 PM
  #14  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
Well dammit!! It's in NC too!

Good thing I just added another M to the garage a few weeks ago. I'm done for a bit.
juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
wackjum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 36
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 412 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Good thing I just added another M to the garage a few weeks ago.

Details...
wackjum is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 04:04 PM
  #16  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,925
Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,088 Posts
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
Details...
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-tal.../#post16379289
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 04:06 PM
  #17  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
Grand National sold for $105K
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 04:16 PM
  #18  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
Details...
What he said...

juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:13 PM
  #19  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
NSX went for $55K
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:09 PM
  #20  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,718
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,722 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Well dammit!! It's in NC too!

Good thing I just added another M to the garage a few weeks ago. I'm done for a bit.
You should sell the new M and get that wagon instead.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CCColtsicehockey For This Useful Post:
CLtotheTL32 (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 03:10 PM
  #21  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,925
Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,088 Posts
https://jalopnik.com/at-16-500-could...urb-1833020584

Throughout the 1990s, the Celica All-Trac was Toyota’s rally champion. Nearly thirty years later, we have one vying for a Nice Price or Crack Pipewin. Let’s see if its price makes it a champ here too.


https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/...824587828.html
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:10 PM
  #22  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,663
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,109 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
You should sell the new M and get that wagon instead.
This.

I don't care how powerful that M3 is, the Magon is going to be better, more fun, and FAR more rare.
SamDoe1 is online now  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:10 PM
  #23  
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
CLtotheTL32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte
Age: 30
Posts: 35,781
Thanked 8,568 Times in 5,747 Posts
Originally Posted by cccoltsicehockey View Post
you should sell the new m and get that wagon instead.
+1
CLtotheTL32 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM
  #24  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
You should sell the new M and get that wagon instead.
I could. Just got the title but haven't registered it... so owner count won't go up. And I got a deal so could at worst break even.
juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 05:33 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,315
Thanked 859 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME View Post
1 of 146 made and likely the only one in the US?? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-rs200-2/ Guessing it goes for close to $300K???
$200,000 is a good deal. The Evolutions are auctioning at $500K-$550K right now.

There a small handful in the US, though. Just never really up for public sale, only high end auctions.
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
That is beyond bad ass. Damn.
Rick_TL-S is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 03:40 PM
  #26  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 919 Times in 786 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S View Post
$200,000 is a good deal. The Evolutions are auctioning at $500K-$550K right now.

There a small handful in the US, though. Just never really up for public sale, only high end auctions.
RS200 sold for $280K earlier today.

2000 Integra Type R - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gra-type-r-21/
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 PM
  #27  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,315
Thanked 859 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME View Post
RS200 sold for $280K earlier today.

2000 Integra Type R - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gra-type-r-21/
Still not a bad pickup for the new owner. $300,000 is around the necessary amount to get into one these days.
Rick_TL-S is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 09:42 PM
  #28  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
Thread Starter
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 33
Posts: 3,176
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S View Post
Still not a bad pickup for the new owner. $300,000 is around the necessary amount to get into one these days.
No kidding. I would imagine those kinds of cars can only go up in value with time...
nist7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 06:45 AM
  #29  
JT4
13 CTSV, 17 Audi Q7,11 TL
 
JT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC / LI
Age: 52
Posts: 2,063
Thanked 580 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I would recommend you not click the below link then...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
I love the sound and the uniqueness of it..
JT4 is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 AM
  #30  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,315
Thanked 859 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
No kidding. I would imagine those kinds of cars can only go up in value with time...
They should, just slowly. I think being a niche car that's not really known like the Ford GT is what puts a hard cap on the values right now, despite rarity & Group B history.
Rick_TL-S is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 12:14 PM
  #31  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,718
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,722 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
I could. Just got the title but haven't registered it... so owner count won't go up. And I got a deal so could at worst break even.
Stop discussing. Don't think any longer. Don't pass go. Buy Magon!
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 12:18 PM
  #32  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Stop discussing. Don't think any longer. Don't pass go. Buy Magon!
I'm going to just keep my M. I really like it and have some new carbon parts on the way... so it'll do just fine...

juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:53 PM
  #33  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,718
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,722 Posts
Damn that BMW custom wagon is now going for more than I paid for my Vagon
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:53 PM
  #34  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,718
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,722 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
I'm going to just keep my M. I really like it and have some new carbon parts on the way... so it'll do just fine...
Can't wait to see the car with the new carbon bits on it.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM
  #35  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
Thread Starter
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 33
Posts: 3,176
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
E39 M5 Wagon conversion now at 46k?!?! Good investment on the dude who did those mods.....might hit 50k....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
nist7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 04:15 PM
  #36  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Damn that BMW custom wagon is now going for more than I paid for my Vagon
Yeah, that's the other reason. I'd buy a Vagon over a Frankencar... even if it is a sweet project.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Can't wait to see the car with the new carbon bits on it.
Nothing major... just little touches . Hopefully, they arrive next week!
juniorbean is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:44 AM
  #37  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,663
Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,109 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7 View Post
E39 M5 Wagon conversion now at 46k?!?! Good investment on the dude who did those mods.....might hit 50k....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/
Sold for $72k. While that's certainly a unique car, I'd rather just buy a CPO M5 or a new M3 for that kind of coin...
SamDoe1 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to SamDoe1 For This Useful Post:
nist7 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:05 AM
  #38  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,371
Thanked 1,623 Times in 990 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Sold for $72k. While that's certainly a unique car, I'd rather just buy a CPO M5 or a new M3 for that kind of coin...
Yeah, once that price started climbing it made it pretty easy to avoid temptation

Don't get me wrong it's pretty sweet... but who knows what problems you may have with a Frankencar like that. I'm with you... I'd go new M3 or CPO M5 any day for that money.
juniorbean is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to juniorbean For This Useful Post:
nist7 (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:50 AM
  #39  
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"
Thread Starter
 
nist7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu
Age: 33
Posts: 3,176
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Sold for $72k. While that's certainly a unique car, I'd rather just buy a CPO M5 or a new M3 for that kind of coin...
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Yeah, once that price started climbing it made it pretty easy to avoid temptation

Don't get me wrong it's pretty sweet... but who knows what problems you may have with a Frankencar like that. I'm with you... I'd go new M3 or CPO M5 any day for that money.

Agreed ^

Cool swap but 72k is insanity. I'd also rather get 2 cars for that price of one.....I'd get clean E39 M5 and a clean E46 M3...and have plenty left for repairs/maintenance...lol
nist7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nist7 For This Useful Post:
Curious3GTL (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 12:42 PM
  #40  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,925
Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,088 Posts
Did the US ever have/get an E39 540i Touring, with a 6MT?
00TL-P3.2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bring A Trailer / auction / other car ads of interest discussion thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.