TLX Type S release thread; prices, trims and availability

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 07:30 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by DubPK
Yeah I got one of the last initial slots with the dealer I decided to work with and according to them the build gets sent to Acura in September and arrives in October/November so I have until then to change my mind on colors / etc but they weren't sure if it would be considered MY 22 by then. Ultimately I don't really care enough to cancel my order and get to the back of whatever line they have for the 22's, if I like the car I like the car and one model year difference in depreciation isn't going to be especially noticeable way down the road unless the 22's get some extra goodies but I very highly doubt any changes for 2022, maybe they will prove me wrong and give me a tad bit of buyers remorse but the missing features don't mean much to me as much as I agree with the sentiment that they definitely should've been there. Type S not being Advance + Type S is a real shame but at least it got most of it.
It will be a MY 2022. I will be on the first order sent in. Driving the '21 soon as it arrives. Was delayed a little. A customer's black/black one arrived first. The show and tell car soon. AND, my dealer will
honor what Acura wants them all to do....let folks see and DRIVE the new Type S. How else will folks know IF they want it??? I've owned many Acuras of all kinds. But, for this one, I need to really look it
over and DRIVE it before I write the check. If so...I will load it up with the carbon fiber "goodies"...inside and out and some other Accessories. I'm still trying to figure out what wheels to put on. I don't like
black wheels...or dark ones, so the "optional lightweight wheel/tire package" for $800 is not for me. I'm looking at Vossen. Also, trying to find an Acura wheel....hmmm??....but, that size of 20 x 9 makes it
hard. I'm still trying to find out the "OFFSET" for the Type S wheels. Is it...55 mm?? Does anyone know for sure?

MDX has an optional wheel that is 20 x 9, but, I don't know the offset of it either. IF they are a match...or very close...I MAY put that MDX wheel on it. It's the "gray machined finish wheel" that is std. on the
Tech Model. Not too bad. The dealer will take one and see if it fits the Type S...with proper clearance, etc. Done this before...picking a wheel from another model, but, same sizing.
The following users liked this post:
BOWA41 (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
It will be a MY 2022. I will be on the first order sent in. Driving the '21 soon as it arrives. Was delayed a little. A customer's black/black one arrived first. The show and tell car soon. AND, my dealer will
honor what Acura wants them all to do....let folks see and DRIVE the new Type S. How else will folks know IF they want it??? I've owned many Acuras of all kinds. But, for this one, I need to really look it
over and DRIVE it before I write the check. If so...I will load it up with the carbon fiber "goodies"...inside and out and some other Accessories. I'm still trying to figure out what wheels to put on. I don't like
black wheels...or dark ones, so the "optional lightweight wheel/tire package" for $800 is not for me. I'm looking at Vossen. Also, trying to find an Acura wheel....hmmm??....but, that size of 20 x 9 makes it
hard. I'm still trying to find out the "OFFSET" for the Type S wheels. Is it...55 mm?? Does anyone know for sure?

MDX has an optional wheel that is 20 x 9, but, I don't know the offset of it either. IF they are a match...or very close...I MAY put that MDX wheel on it. It's the "gray machined finish wheel" that is std. on the
Tech Model. Not too bad. The dealer will take one and see if it fits the Type S...with proper clearance, etc. Done this before...picking a wheel from another model, but, same sizing.
lug pattern is 5x120 now so nothing but 2021+ TLX and 2022 MDX for oem options. I highly doubt the mdx will fit at 55, the brembos take up some real estate in there. Ive posed that question before but no one seems to know the offset answer yet.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Cruisin'

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts
I want to get the carbon fibre spoiler installed just wondering if anyone knows how difficult it is to install I'm worried about scratches on the trunk
Old 06-28-2021, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts
The mark up is BS but glad you enjoyed the drive. Think it's worth full MSRP for those considering purchasing some of the first batch?
Yes I’d say worth it. I missed the pre-orders but got to call dibs (w/deposit) on the plant apex’s for them.

Do it!!!
Old 06-28-2021, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Right now I'm thinking 2022. Or a CPO S5 for less $ (except the Audi lacks remote start).
Old 06-28-2021, 10:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by sombasol
lug pattern is 5x120 now so nothing but 2021+ TLX and 2022 MDX for oem options. I highly doubt the mdx will fit at 55, the brembos take up some real estate in there. Ive posed that question before but no one seems to know the offset answer yet.
Yep, if it fits it would be close. My same concern is the Brembo's and how much more room they take up vs the std. brakes, which are decent size. But, right
now it's hard to get the info I need....like the offset for the Type S std. wheel.

The way it normally always works...is that Parts Dept. gets stocked up on items before a new car arrives. The Type S's are arriving now. Which I think the Parts folks
should have the info. I'll call tomorrow and push some buttons.
Other than the offset, the other fitment issues are good to go.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:07 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by jpsi2002
I want to get the carbon fibre spoiler installed just wondering if anyone knows how difficult it is to install I'm worried about scratches on the trunk
I read the install instructions for the spoiler and it's fairly straight fwd. Removing the current one isn't so bad, and then putting the new one in it's place.
If the dealer does it and scratches....they own it. Hey, I'm a tech/mech from way back and have done tons of mech. jobs. I could easily do the swap,
BUT...could I possibly, accidently cause a scratch...Yes....but, I would take a ton of precautions when doing the job.

I read the installs for the CF on the interior pieces. Damn....dash pieces have to be removed to take off the std pieces where the CF ones go....and the entire door panels
have to come off to put those CF pieces on....not liking all that. It has to be done by someone that has done it more than once...and NOT a novice who is doing it for the
first time. Also, I looked at the lighted door sills for all four doors. Damn, there is a LOT of removal of int. trim and other work to get those in. Sucks. I think they should be pre wired
so that all that has to be done is remove the factory ones, install the lighted ones and plug in to the harness. Hondas used to have the wiring in place if you wanted to add fog lights,
and it was an easy job, basically. Sure wish that Acura gave us the option to order a CF car from the factory!!
bilirubin (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 11:13 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by MDXAccord
Dealers around me are saying no test drives even thought they have Demos that Acura has told them not to sell for at least 5 months. WTF.
No, it's not 5 mos. It was first told to them 30 days. Not sure if that has changed, but, many are not adhering to 1 day let alone 30. But, they can do what they want, even though Acura
asked them to follow this "show, tell, drive program" so they can show it off and get customers excited and the word to spread, etc. My dealer is going to hold their "show/tell/drive" car
for at least 2 wks if not more. I'll get to drive it as soon as it arrives. Got delayed a little. A black/black one came in that they had ordered and it's sold and gone.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by hisost
I also just got back from a 30 minute test drive. Reviews are spot on, especially the one from savagegeese. Half a second of dead feeling when WOT from a stop, something the S4 does a better job giving you the sink into seat feeling, I don't think it's turbo lag but more '4220 lbs' lag. German leather still remains better than the TLX (especially the one in S4 / M cars). One thing that did surprise me though was the sound, videos don't do it justice. It was louder than my ATLP exhaust on 3GTL!
one thing they did miss is there is a sort of launch controll in sport +. Hold brakes and throttle for 3 seconds. You get a small rev boost to 2k or something like that.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:54 AM
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Out of curiosity, I contacted 5 Acura dealers in 50 mile range. Every one of them wants at least $10K over MSRP, one wanted $15K.

I cannot believe this is real. That is $65K. You can get a fully spec'd out M340 with every option in existence, tack on everything possible that BMW/dealer offers and you'd STILL come under $65K, and that's before any discounts which are widely and readily available. Same goes for S4. And don't even get me started on G70 3.3TT and how well you can spec that car out for $45K.

It is maddening and mind boggling to think someone would pay $65K for this car.
The following 5 users liked this post by loki:
dj5 (07-01-2021), leomio2.0 (06-30-2021), neuronbob (06-30-2021), pyrodan007 (06-30-2021), Shadow2056 (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Poor Acura dealers failed miserably with ADM on the new NSX and have had nothing worthy of ADM since the initial run of the 2G NSX. I personally like Acura products but I think the Honda has grossly overestimated this brand's cache. That said, I stil say that Acura is aiming this at CTR owners who want to graduate to the TLX-S. (same folks would probably chomp at the bit over an Odyssey Type R)
Old 06-30-2021, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
I read the install instructions for the spoiler and it's fairly straight fwd. Removing the current one isn't so bad, and then putting the new one in it's place.
If the dealer does it and scratches....they own it. Hey, I'm a tech/mech from way back and have done tons of mech. jobs. I could easily do the swap,
BUT...could I possibly, accidently cause a scratch...Yes....but, I would take a ton of precautions when doing the job.

I read the installs for the CF on the interior pieces. Damn....dash pieces have to be removed to take off the std pieces where the CF ones go....and the entire door panels
have to come off to put those CF pieces on....not liking all that. It has to be done by someone that has done it more than once...and NOT a novice who is doing it for the
first time. Also, I looked at the lighted door sills for all four doors. Damn, there is a LOT of removal of int. trim and other work to get those in. Sucks. I think they should be pre wired
so that all that has to be done is remove the factory ones, install the lighted ones and plug in to the harness. Hondas used to have the wiring in place if you wanted to add fog lights,
and it was an easy job, basically. Sure wish that Acura gave us the option to order a CF car from the factory!!
Link? All these cars are usually put together in a similar way and I don't remember removing door panels and dash pieces being a particularly difficult job. The key is going to be doing it on a brand new car when the clips and whatnot aren't guaranteed to break on removal.

100% though there's going to be a bunch of dealerships with $15k ADMs pre-installing these pieces as a throw-in.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:23 PM
®

Go f*cking figure that Acura is leaving this up to the dealer techs to do. They'll get paid 3 hours of labor and will do it in 30 min so they can go out by the oil disposal container to smoke cigs and drink red bulls. I wouldn't DARE let them tear up the interior. Every single car I ever had that I allowed dealer to do anything cosmetic was a huge regret. They scratch stuff, damage things, I've had Acura of Morton Grove break off vent and DUCK TAPE it back, I swear to God that happened. Not to mention rattles and creaks they'll cause. I learned long time ago to buy a car and never go back for anything, even for imperfections. They'll make 3 more to fix that 1. I don't care who gets offended by this but 95% of all dealer techs I ever met looked and talked like they took the short bus to school.

Last edited by loki; 06-30-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:02 PM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by SRB-TL
Go f*cking figure that Acura is leaving this up to the dealer techs to do. They'll get paid 3 hours of labor and will do it in 30 min so they can go out by the oil disposal container to smoke cigs and drink red bulls. I wouldn't DARE let them tear up the interior. Every single car I ever had that I allowed dealer to do anything cosmetic was a huge regret. They scratch stuff, damage things, I've had Acura of Morton Grove break off vent and DUCK TAPE it back, I swear to God that happened. Not to mention rattles and creaks they'll cause. I learned long time ago to buy a car and never go back for anything, even for imperfections. They'll make 3 more to fix that 1. I don't care who gets offended by this but 95% of all dealer techs I ever met looked and talked like they took the short bus to school.
so who would you go to for accessories bought from dealer?
Old 06-30-2021, 08:59 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts

Per AHC Garage on YouTube, the OEM Y spokes are 20x9 +50 offset.
The following 2 users liked this post by Camaro194:
BOWA41 (06-30-2021), JDM_DOHC_SiR (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 09:53 PM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Damn sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. Techs at the few dealerships I've worked with have always been seemingly professional. Pontiac dealer had to have the windshield replaced and the entire interiors carpet, Honda replaced some speakers that failed prematurely and padded up their rattily subwoofer for me, numerous different mechanical things or recalls that seemingly went fine. It's convincing the service manager to do the work under warranty that is the bigger problem, or the typical scams like the air filter is dirty. Caught a Honda dealer red handed with their BS as they told me hey your air filter is dirty wanna replace it for 49.99, little did the guy know I had just recently done that myself as it had been a while. I ask him to show me and he brings me back a very dirty perfectly rectangle air filter.. I explain to him that the Accord I'm driving the filter comes to an angle on one side so that's not even my filter, he insists but I say okay lets go out to my car - he doesn't let me go back to the shop but he says let me double check. Comes back and states sir you're right that was 'another customers filter' yours is clean. Yeah.. sure.. whatever. Fucking scumbags.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts
Fucking scumbags.
Wow is this release thread? Anyway… saw a Type S on the highway… Hamilton County Ohio
tasdisr (07-10-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostof TypeS Past
Wow is this release thread? Anyway… saw a Type S on the highway… Hamilton County Ohio
it’s the exact color I want. Too bad Acura keeps pushing the actual release date back. I don’t care that each dealership has 1. That’s a demo and doesn’t count. They need to actually produce them and sell them already. I’m hearing no models to actually purchase until end of August possibly September.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:33 AM
®

I had a lengthy conversation with the owner of Honda dealership that I have a great relationship with and have bought 5-6 cars from already. We talked about Civic Type R that was in the showroom. He offered to sell it for MSRP (and this was the yellow limited edition that dealers are selling for $25K over sticker). But he said I can't drive it before I buy it. I told him that even though ever review ever of CTR, especially the LE track weapon is 10/10, I still can't spend $45K without EVER driving the car. What if I buy it and then I get in to leave and realize I can't handle the seats in turns or over bumps or that the clutch is too much for me. It is absurd to expect that. He flat out said he HATES Type R allocations from Honda. He doesn't want them, doesn't need them, but has to take them. They're hard to sell because they're very expensive and they're still a Civic at the end of the day. They take too long to sell and he can't allow test drives because people beat the living hell out of them, even in 4-5 miles they drive them. And customers who actually want them will not take it if they have any miles on them. But on the other hand, it's buying sight unseen. So it's this vicious circle that he hates having to be part of. That's why he sold that LE for $45K instead of listing it for $70K like everyone else. It sold in 30 minutes once someone mentioned it on Reddit CTR sub forum. Poof, gone. Guy paid over the phone from half way across the country and came to get it. But he offered it to me first because of the relationship we have. I couldn't go over my principles. The only thing I could have done, and it's too late now, is buy it and flip it for $15K profit. Even at $60K, it's far less than ANY dealer will sell LE for. I'm sure the guy from PA who bought it over the phone did this exact thing.
BEAR-AvHistory (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
The only thing I could have done, and it's too late now, is buy it and flip it for $15K profit. Even at $60K, it's far less than ANY dealer will sell LE for. I'm sure the guy from PA who bought it over the phone did this exact thing.
A lot of guys flipped their MSRP Corvette C8 deals when most dealers were in the $25,000/$30,000 ADM range. The 3 largest dealers honored their MSRP pledge.
loki (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
From the Facebook group:

Vandergriff Acura, Arlington, TX:
Test drives no
ADM: $10k

They have one on the floor now for $74k ($10k ADM and almost $10k accessories)
I had to double check that this wasn’t Canada prices LOL wtf. That’s more than a Base M3. SMH
Old 07-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
I had to double check that this wasn’t Canada prices LOL wtf. That’s more than a Base M3. SMH
You can probably even get an S6 for $74K. Insanity.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:13 AM
®

Originally Posted by Beaverking
so who would you go to for accessories bought from dealer?
Never bought accessories from dealer. Never have, never will. There is a plethora of online websites that sell OEM accessories by part number(s). Dealer mark up on accessories is nuts. For example, I needed a special tire wrench for 2013 Altima. I went on Nissan's website and narrowed it down to a dealer 5 minutes from my house. He had it in stock, ready to go and listed it for $5.80. Their own website, clear cut price. I hop over to the dealer and they charge me $14.77. I showed him his own website and said look, you're selling it for $5.80. I went in with part number, showing in stock, picture, everything, just for him to go pick it up and I'm in and out in 5 min, right? Wrong. Almost 30 minutes...everything is so dramatic and slow. He started to insult my intelligence with his explanation why it's $9 more and I left $15 on the counter and told him go spend it in good health you miserable SOB. They have the price ON THEIR WEBSITE and still want 220% more when you get there. Copy/paste any dealer, any brand, anywhere.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Never bought accessories from dealer. Never have, never will. There is a plethora of online websites that sell OEM accessories by part number(s). Dealer mark up on accessories is nuts. For example, I needed a special tire wrench for 2013 Altima. I went on Nissan's website and narrowed it down to a dealer 5 minutes from my house. He had it in stock, ready to go and listed it for $5.80. Their own website, clear cut price. I hop over to the dealer and they charge me $14.77. I showed him his own website and said look, you're selling it for $5.80. I went in with part number, showing in stock, picture, everything, just for him to go pick it up and I'm in and out in 5 min, right? Wrong. Almost 30 minutes...everything is so dramatic and slow. He started to insult my intelligence with his explanation why it's $9 more and I left $15 on the counter and told him go spend it in good health you miserable SOB. They have the price ON THEIR WEBSITE and still want 220% more when you get there. Copy/paste any dealer, any brand, anywhere.
FWIW. Back when I was building cars, pre-internet, had accounts at a few dealerships' for hard to get parts. At the time they had at least 3 tiers of pricing for parts. One for their mechanics, one for their industry accounts (gas stations, repair shops, me, ect) and a walk in retail price. Major spread among the tiers.

Expect there are still similar pricing schedules that now include internet pricing.

On Nissan - long past my non-personal building days. When we had the 280ZX & Xterra got a lot of parts from Rock Auto.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-01-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:48 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts

https://www.vandergriffacura.com/new...f8830159c0.htm

A buddy of mine sent me this screen shot and I almost spilled my coffee. Great job Acura on allowing dealership to commit fraud with these comical add-ons and pricing which aren't listed on the dealer site.
Please tell me why most of the fanboys "enthusiasts" on the TLX-S Facebook page and some here want to support this brand? Garbage.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-01-2021 at 11:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
pyrodan007 (07-01-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 11:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN

A buddy of mine sent me this screen shot and I almost spilled my coffee. Great job Acura on allowing dealership to commit fraud with these comical add-ons and pricing which aren't listed on the dealer site.
Please tell me why most of the fanboys "enthusiasts" on the TLX-S Facebook page and some here want to support this brand? Garbage.
Forget S5 comparisons, that's straight RS5 territory if converted to CND. Who's stupid enough to buy it, shame on customers for enabling dealerships for this shit. Value factor is long gone for the next few months.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-01-2021 at 11:56 AM.
someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:08 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Forget S5 comparisons, that's straight RS5 territory if converted to CND. Who's stupid enough to buy it, shame on customers for enabling dealerships for this shit. Value factor is long gone for the next few months.
I guess you didn't realize this is a 4 door NSX.
pyrodan007 (07-01-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts

I posted about this earlier in the ADM thread. Just fscking ridiculous.
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021), pyrodan007 (07-01-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:10 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

It's criminal!
Old 07-01-2021, 12:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Who is supporting this? If anything I've seen nothing but the opposite. i'm sure there is always 1, but I haven't seen this necessarily be supported or encouraged
Old 07-01-2021, 12:22 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
This will not last. Just be patient and wait or just go to the competition.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmski:
a35tl (07-01-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey come on man!!! Its only $2500 more than a new M4 Coupe or if you only need a 4 door about $4,200 more. Such a deal for a high performance Sports Sedan the most powerful Acura sedan yet. You guys want cheese to go with that whine, it takes big bucks to go with big performance?

Really? I think some of these dealers are out of their minds. Maybe they plan on a $10,000 discount to make the buyer think he got a great deal.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-01-2021 at 12:44 PM.
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 279 Posts

This dealership drove any perspective buyer of the Type S to it's competition. Idiots...
The following 2 users liked this post by Shadow2056:
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021), dj5 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow2056
This dealership drove any perspective buyer of the Type S to it's competition. Idiots...
It's almost as if dealership don't care about long term brand image and customer loyalty. I guess from their perspective, that kind of stuff really doesn't matter; it's Acura's problem, not their problem. It's never been more clear how misaligned the dealership's motivations and incentives are with the company's motivations and goals. I will not shed a tear if/when we start shifting to a direct-sales model.

Last edited by fiatlux; 07-01-2021 at 12:59 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by fiatlux:
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021), ELIN (07-01-2021), pyrodan007 (07-01-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
From the Facebook group:

Vandergriff Acura, Arlington, TX:
Test drives no
ADM: $10k

They have one on the floor now for $74k ($10k ADM and almost $10k accessories)
More like Vandergrift Acura.
anacreon (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 01:15 PM
®

Old 07-01-2021, 01:57 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by dmski
This will not last. Just be patient and wait or just go to the competition.
Be patient? This is a joke right? Nothing to be patient about when Acura dealerships pull this stunt. It's like they want potential buyers to buy the competition. So why support them? It's bs.

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Hey come on man!!! Its only $2500 more than a new M4 Coupe or if you only need a 4 door about $4,200 more. Such a deal for a high performance Sports Sedan the most powerful Acura sedan yet. You guys want cheese to go with that whine, it takes big bucks to go with big performance?

Really? I think some of these dealers are out of their minds. Maybe they plan on a $10,000 discount to make the buyer think he got a great deal.
So what else now can be said about the TLX-S? No longer is it a great value, still under performs, missing key options that the competition offers and has zero after market support. So what else do "enthusiasts" have left to say why this is the better option? The way I see it, it's no longer an option.

Originally Posted by Shadow2056
Exactly. At this point the competition can be had with more options and cheaper

Originally Posted by fiatlux
It's almost as if dealership don't care about long term brand image and customer loyalty. I guess from their perspective, that kind of stuff really doesn't matter; it's Acura's problem, not their problem. It's never been more clear how misaligned the dealership's motivations and incentives are with the company's motivations and goals. I will not shed a tear if/when we start shifting to a direct-sales model.
Thank you, exactly right.

BOWA41 (07-01-2021), leomio2.0 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
LOL. Best part about that is that even the Accessories are marked up! Ceramic Coating AND ZakTek? Is that even possible? Regardless, I bet you're not even getting either ... probably a synthetic sealant that some kid being paid minimum wage is told to slap on there before the sale of the car. Even when these things fall back to sticker price, I wouldn't give those scumbags any business.

And I remember when people argued against me that we wouldn't see crazy mark-ups on these cars. HA!
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021), pyrodan007 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 02:10 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
LOL. Best part about that is that even the Accessories are marked up! Ceramic Coating AND ZakTek? Is that even possible? Regardless, I bet you're not even getting either ... probably a synthetic sealant that some kid being paid minimum wage is told to slap on there before the sale of the car. Even when these things fall back to sticker price, I wouldn't give those scumbags any business.

And I remember when people argued against me that we wouldn't see crazy mark-ups on these cars. HA!

Probably ceramic coating spray

But hey it has tinted windows with LoJack. What more can you ask for at 74K
Old 07-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I didn't even know LoJack still existed. The cost of the tint job actually isn't too bad, but I'd question the quality of the job and the tint used. Probably some Amazon Basics tint done by the same kid that was applying the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray. But the rest of the pricing on the options is obscene.

Quick Reply: TLX Type S release thread; prices, trims and availability