TLX Type S release thread; prices, trims and availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Isn't AcuraLink supposed to also track stolen cars? Doesn't that make LoJack redundent?
Old 07-01-2021, 04:02 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow2056
This dealership drove any perspective buyer of the Type S to it's competition. Idiots...
this is stupid and greed! It will lead to nothing but failure of the dealer. You must be an idiot to pay this for a TYPE S. This is not M3.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
04WDPSeDaN (07-01-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 917 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Isn't AcuraLink supposed to also track stolen cars? Doesn't that make LoJack redundent?
Yes, it does.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostof TypeS Past
Wow is this release thread? Anyway… saw a Type S on the highway… Hamilton County Ohio
Wow that's a lot darker of a red than I was expecting. Based on the blue I was thinking it would be more of a cherry color. Given, it's clearly a cloudy day in that photo.

Old 07-01-2021, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 596 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
this is stupid and greed! It will lead to nothing but failure of the dealer. You must be an idiot to pay this for a TYPE S. This is not M3.

Crazy thing is. There's an Acura dealer in Charlotte, NC. If they pull that mess, they literally have a BMW dealership that's a 2min walk across the parking lot. Mercedes and Audi a 4min drive down the road. Lexus 2 car lots down. Any Acura dealer that puts a mark up on the Type S is nothing but greedy.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN

https://www.vandergriffacura.com/new...f8830159c0.htm

A buddy of mine sent me this screen shot and I almost spilled my coffee. Great job Acura on allowing dealership to commit fraud with these comical add-ons and pricing which aren't listed on the dealer site.
Please tell me why most of the fanboys "enthusiasts" on the TLX-S Facebook page and some here want to support this brand? Garbage.
What does the actions of a "rogue dealer" have to do with supporting or liking a brand? This is the greedy dealer...not Acura setting the price. Any dealer can do what they want,
even if the manufacturer doesn't like it. Like Chevy...most dealers selling the C8 Vette for different amounts...10K to 50K over MSRP...they didn't like it at all....and made a rare move
against the dealers. If you sell the C8 for over MSRP we will consider lowering your allocation numbers!!

But, there will always be an a_ _ hole owner that will push the limits of ADM's on any car....but, that doesn't mean we Acura "fans" have to stop liking Acura's!! I've purchased 9
from my dealer...because they are honest and treat my wife and I with great care and respect...each and every time. I never pay MSRP...I pay close to Invoice each time and get
20% off all accessories each time. A built relationship that works. We love our Acuras...and the new MDX we have is great!
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Pens Fan (07-02-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 04:34 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Shadow2056
Crazy thing is. There's an Acura dealer in Charlotte, NC. If they pull that mess, they literally have a BMW dealership that's a 2min walk across the parking lot. Mercedes and Audi a 4min drive down the road. Lexus 2 car lots down. Any Acura dealer that puts a mark up on the Type S is nothing but greedy.
Honestly, this is pure stupidity. Who will buy $70K a TLX TYPE S? Even if it had 400HP.

I think Acura priced it very well and dealers should stick to the price and sell many units. anyway, at least in Canada, there is no ADM. I went to my dealer and asked them, he was so honest. He told me even if I put a deposit today. The car will be ready next year. The manager is amazing, he told me wait. No point to put a deposit and you wait 6 months.
Pens Fan (07-02-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 04:40 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
What does the actions of a "rogue dealer" have to do with supporting or liking a brand? This is the greedy dealer...not Acura setting the price. Any dealer can do what they want,
even if the manufacturer doesn't like it. Like Chevy...most dealers selling the C8 Vette for different amounts...10K to 50K over MSRP...they didn't like it at all....and made a rare move
against the dealers. If you sell the C8 for over MSRP we will consider lowering your allocation numbers!!

But, there will always be an a_ _ hole owner that will push the limits of ADM's on any car....but, that doesn't mean we Acura "fans" have to stop liking Acura's!! I've purchased 9
from my dealer...because they are honest and treat my wife and I with great care and respect...each and every time. I never pay MSRP...I pay close to Invoice each time and get
20% off all accessories each time. A built relationship that works. We love our Acuras...and the new MDX we have is great!
Like I've said to you once before, because you have a good and loyal relationship with your dealership doesn't mean everyone else does. I WILL NOT support a brand that pulls this bullshit and that's me. There is no Acura other than the NSX worth 74K (before taxes, fees ect) It's not only ONE Rouge dealer, there's been many dealerships marking up the TLX-S. Acura is still a small brand in the US market, they have approximately 270ish dealerships. If more than half of these dealerships are pulling this bullshit, then you know where they stand with their customers. Let's cut the bs, a majority of those members on that Facebook group aren't going to an Acura dealership any time soon to purchase a TLX let alone a Type-S and not for that cost.. Remember, I worked for them so I see things differently and I still own a pristine condition Acura.
The following 8 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-01-2021), BOWA41 (07-01-2021), ELIN (07-01-2021), Kense (07-03-2021), loki (07-01-2021), pyrodan007 (07-02-2021), riomp300 (07-05-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-01-2021, 04:43 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Honestly, this is pure stupidity. Who will buy $70K a TLX TYPE S? Even if it had 400HP.

I think Acura priced it very well and dealers should stick to the price and sell many units. anyway, at least in Canada, there is no ADM. I went to my dealer and asked them, he was so honest. He told me even if I put a deposit today. The car will be ready next year. The manager is amazing, he told me wait. No point to put a deposit and you wait 6 months.
Greed, it's all about Greed like you said. Acura has been behind the ball for over a decade, finally came back with the Type-s just to shoot themselves in the ass and mark them up like this. Acura is known for a value vehicle that offers luxury, comfort and performance for a great price. This essentially what brought us all here at some point. It's not the same brand anymore and once the prices get to where they are, it's game over. I applaud the dealerships in Canada doing the right thing to take care of their customers and stay true to the brand.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-01-2021 at 04:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
pyrodan007 (07-02-2021), Tony Pac (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 04:54 PM
AZ Community Team

Greed, it's all about Greed like you said. Acura has been behind the ball for over a decade, finally came back with the Type-s just to shoot themselves in the ass and mark them up like this. Acura is known for a value vehicle that offers luxury, comfort and performance for a great price. This essentially what brought us all here at some point. It's not the same brand anymore and once the prices get to where they are, it's game over. I applaud the dealerships in Canada doing the right thing to take care of their customers and stay true to the brand.
Totally and well said. So far I haven't heard anything negative about dealers in Canada. It seems like the dealers are following the sticker price and that's it. Also, don't forget, the TYPE S is $70K CAD in my province. That's a lot of money. Now for sure the Germans cost more but Germans have that brand prestige which no one can deny. Anyway, let's see. it seems like in the US the experience & markups are not great vs. Canada.

Happy Canada Day to my all Canadians here! July 1st!
Old 07-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Like I've said to you once before, because you have a good and loyal relationship with your dealership doesn't mean everyone else does. I WILL NOT support a brand that pulls this bullshit and that's me. There is no Acura other than the NSX worth 74K (before taxes, fees ect) It's not only ONE Rouge dealer, there's been many dealerships marking up the TLX-S. Acura is still a small brand in the US market, they have approximately 270ish dealerships. If more than half of these dealerships are pulling this bullshit, then you know where they stand with their customers. Let's cut the bs, a majority of those members on that Facebook group aren't going to an Acura dealership any time soon to purchase a TLX let alone a Type-S and not for that cost.. Remember, I worked for them so I see things differently and I still own a pristine condition Acura.
The "brand" isn't pulling the BS! Individual dealer...not guided by Acura at all. So, one dealer or a few across the country are jerks on how they sell their products....that
does not mean that Acura is a "bad vehicle" never to be bought again. LOL! Again....manufacturers can NOT tell dealers what to sell their cars for. There will always be
jerks that are greedy. Some sell at MSRP...and other's you can negotiate. Just because I have a great long running relationship with my dealer doesn't mean other dealers
here and there around the country won't negotiate....or at least will not sell for over MSRP...AGAIN...my dealer...leave me out of it....does NOT sell any Acura veh. over MSRP,
to ANYONE....as per the ownerships directions. One of my local Chevy dealers....does NOT sell new C8 Corvettes over MSRP!! Why not? The owner...a car world well known
owner gave the direction...to NOT do that. They don't. The other Chevy dealer in town....sells them for $30K over!!

Now, Chevy has told all dealers...IF they sell the new C8 over MSRP they can have their Allocations...CUT! We'll see if that works.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Pens Fan (07-02-2021), WTF.Acura (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by dr/owned
Wow that's a lot darker of a red than I was expecting. Based on the blue I was thinking it would be more of a cherry color. Given, it's clearly a cloudy day in that photo.

The following users liked this post:
WTF.Acura (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 PM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts

100% disagree. It's Acura's fault. They don't care. With Civic Type R, NSX or Type S. Ford corporate slams dealers who mark up Mustang Mach E. They can't sell over MSRP. It's Honda's fault. Not dealers. They're doing it because corporate allows it.
The following 8 users liked this post by loki:
04WDPSeDaN (07-02-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-01-2021), BOWA41 (07-01-2021), Kense (07-03-2021), pyrodan007 (07-02-2021), riomp300 (07-05-2021), Shadow2056 (07-01-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by SRB-TL
100% disagree. It's Acura's fault. They don't care. With Civic Type R, NSX or Type S. Ford corporate slams dealers who mark up Mustang Mach E. They can't sell over MSRP. It's Honda's fault. Not dealers. They're doing it because corporate allows it.
Dealers can sell their vehicles at the price they wish. Manufacturers cannot dictate the price they MUST sell at. Just a fact. They can be coerced in some ways, but, beyond that
dealers do what they wish. Chevy is pressuring dealers on the Corvette....don't sell over MSRP or we'll cut your allocations. BUT, even IF that happens, they cannot....and are not
telling them what to sell them for. Fact. Whether you think otherwise that's up to you...and obviously it is. But, IF you knew as many GM's as I do, and have known, and have talked
to them on this specific topic......BOTTOM LINE: DEALERS CAN SELL AT WHATEVER PRICE POINT THEY WISH AND THE MANUFACTURER CANNOT TELL THEM OTHERWISE!!

Now, there are often "talks at the Reg. Level" with their dealers...sometimes...when it comes to a certain car and pricing etc, but, they too cannot dictate pricing. They, the Reg. Mgr's have
been known to try and get a consensus of the dealers to do a certain thing...pricing, etc....but, that's basically it.

Have a nice day.
WTF.Acura (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 08:43 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
FWIW. Back when I was building cars, pre-internet, had accounts at a few dealerships' for hard to get parts. At the time they had at least 3 tiers of pricing for parts. One for their mechanics, one for their industry accounts (gas stations, repair shops, me, ect) and a walk in retail price. Major spread among the tiers.

Expect there are still similar pricing schedules that now include internet pricing.

On Nissan - long past my non-personal building days. When we had the 280ZX & Xterra got a lot of parts from Rock Auto.
Exactly correct. I've been trying to tell folks that for years! Parts Dept's have a "sliding scale"...LOL....of pricing for parts and accessories. I've always known that...and
when I buy from my now "go to dealers" I always get 20% off all parts and accessories. Jo Blow walking in off the street that they don't know...generally pays MSRP....
unless Joe is smart enough to at least ASK for a lower price. That has worked for me, many yrs ago.

Within the past few yrs, some dealers have been selling on line and the discounts can be 25% or so. You can try and use that as a "tool" to get a lower price at your
dealers. Always have to factor in sales tax, delivery costs too.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:55 AM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
It looks like we're all finally aligned on something. I'm happy to see the outrage here. Dealers ought to be ashamed and Honda ought to address this.

Just a reminder that you can get a Accord 2.0T Touring for under MSRP, probably mid $30s, get more options, 0-60 in mid 5s and 1/4 mile in 14sec at 100mph. That's just a hair slower than the Type R marked up to what... $65k? And a half-ish second slower than this Type S listed at... $74k? The Type S is obviously not badge engineering, but this price gouging IS badge gouging. This would like charging literally twice as much for Cimarron than a Cavalier.
The following 3 users liked this post by someguy11:
04WDPSeDaN (07-02-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-02-2021), Shadow2056 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 07:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Originally Posted by someguy11
It looks like we're all finally aligned on something. I'm happy to see the outrage here. Dealers ought to be ashamed and Honda ought to address this.

Just a reminder that you can get a Accord 2.0T Touring for under MSRP, probably mid $30s, get more options, 0-60 in mid 5s and 1/4 mile in 14sec at 100mph. That's just a hair slower than the Type R marked up to what... $65k? And a half-ish second slower than this Type S listed at... $74k? The Type S is obviously not badge engineering, but this price gouging IS badge gouging. This would like charging literally twice as much for Cimarron than a Cavalier.
I'm surprised anyone younger than 40 remembers that specific exercise in badge engineering.

Last edited by F23A4; 07-02-2021 at 11:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by F23A4:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-02-2021), someguy11 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 07:29 AM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
People who buy $60K cars don't tune. They don't track. They go to home depot and wine tasting on weekends. There's going to be a grand total of 10 of these tuned.
Both of my Alfa’s are tuned—2.0s too. Dragy times post tunes are 4.3 in the Giulia and 4.7 in the Stelvio.

I just switched from all Acura to Alfa two years ago—I can’t wait to test drive the TypeS; but reviews for handling have been lackluster. I need to drive it myself.
Shadow2056 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 07:47 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by hdcolumbus
Both of my Alfa’s are tuned—2.0s too. Dragy times post tunes are 4.3 in the Giulia and 4.7 in the Stelvio.

I just switched from all Acura to Alfa two years ago—I can’t wait to test drive the TypeS; but reviews for handling have been lackluster. I need to drive it myself.
You just said it. You have to drive it and then decide. I like Youtube and other members opinion, but at the end of the day, everyone is different. You make like the driving and not the interior or some will love the interior and not the speed...and the list goes on! There is no perfect car.
BEAR-AvHistory (07-02-2021), Shadow2056 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hdcolumbus

Plenty of people who buy $60k+ cars tune them. Haven't seen a lot of race events have they?

You just said it. You have to drive it and then decide. I like Youtube and other members opinion, but at the end of the day, everyone is different. You make like the driving and not the interior or some will love the interior and not the speed...and the list goes on! There is no perfect car.
Same. I can watch all the videos on the TLX Type S all day. But for me to actually decide to buy a car, I have to drive it myself. I may not like how the mode change button is in the center where a volume knob or climate control knob should be. Or maybe I don't like the way the seat feels. Lol.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:47 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I call it now, if they don't change their habits anything "type-s" will be marked up. Imagine, paying 80K+ for the MDX type-s..
Old 07-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
I do have two questions.
Are the dealerships which refuse test drives allowing customers to at least seat in them to get a feeling?
Why do Canadian dealerships have zero markups so far vs USA ones? I would assume supply is much more limited here up north. Is the demand really that high, or are they being heavily mislead by passerby eyes only.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-02-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:44 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
I do have two questions.
Are the dealerships which refuse test drives allowing customers to at least seat in them to get a feeling?
Why do Canadian dealerships have zero markups so far vs USA ones? I would assume supply is much more limited here up north. Is the demand really that high, or are they being heavily mislead by passerby eyes only.

Because Merica
Old 07-02-2021, 04:03 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
I'll take one of the blue ones. Thanks. We need trailers like this to start showing up at US dealers.

The following 5 users liked this post by Camaro194:
a35tl (07-02-2021), BOWA41 (07-02-2021), mikedub88 (07-03-2021), Pens Fan (07-03-2021), Shadow2056 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Safety Car

I do have two questions.
IIRC Honda Canda prohibited the Canadian dealerships from marking up the CTR. I'm not sure how they managed to do that, but if that is indeed true, perhaps Acura Canada was able to do the same thing with their dealerships.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:37 PM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
I do have two questions.
Because USA remains the only county in the world that outlaws direct sales to customers. Car dealership lobby is extremely powerful. Canada banned by law marking up cars.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Because USA remains the only county in the world that outlaws direct sales to customers. Car dealership lobby is extremely powerful. Canada banned by law marking up cars.
are you sure about banning mark ups by dealers? I am not sure, you could be right. But never heard of a law though.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:47 PM
Drifting

Received 678 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by Camaro194
I'll take one of the blue ones. Thanks. We need trailers like this to start showing up at US dealers.

https://youtu.be/1NnmwS0A0xs
I took delivery of mine today in Georgia
The following 6 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
a35tl (07-03-2021), BOWA41 (07-05-2021), Legend2TL (07-03-2021), mikedub88 (07-03-2021), Shadow2056 (07-03-2021), Tony Pac (07-03-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-02-2021, 11:49 PM
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
how many did that dealership receive?
Old 07-03-2021, 03:10 AM
Drifting

Received 678 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaverking
how many did that dealership receive?
I think their initial allotment was 3 + their demo. Not too sure
Old 07-03-2021, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GhostTL09

Cool! What color you go with?
Old 07-03-2021, 09:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,237 Likes on 2,617 Posts
That is not true, AFAIK only some US states do not allow direct car sales the US federal government has no laws prohibiting direct sales of vehicles. Hence the reason Tesla's cannot be purchased in Texas and some other states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_...rship_disputes

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-03-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,237 Likes on 2,617 Posts
^ So Tesla's are available in most states in direct sales.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
Stopped in this morning at my local Acura dealer just to see the Type S in person to get a better look. They only got one which I was told was off the lot the same day so a wasted trip. They had none to look at. Said they sold it 5k over sticker and didn't know when they would get more. In fact they where low on almost every model. They typically store most of their inventory in the lot at the back of the dealership then they have an overflow lot that used to have another 80 or so vehicles a few miles away. Salesperson said the overflow lot was empty and he walked me around back and there was literaly like 6 or 7 cars back there. Just empty spots everywhere. Said they are mostly selling used cars now as they can't get new inventory regularly. Frankly I don't blame them for selling it over sticker. Nobody is forced to buy anything. A car is worth what a willing buyer and seller agree to pay. It takes two. They are not a non-profit business.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhb31:
Shadow2056 (07-03-2021), WTF.Acura (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 917 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31
Frankly I don't blame them for selling it over sticker. Nobody is forced to buy anything. A car is worth what a willing buyer and seller agree to pay. It takes two. They are not a non-profit business.
Agreed. A dealership is a 2-sided market. It takes 2.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
It's criminal!
Not criminal, comical! That's a 540ix. Another couple of grand gets you an M550ix with more features and a sub 4 sec 0-60.
The following 2 users liked this post by mike03a3:
04WDPSeDaN (07-03-2021), sonyfever (07-04-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jhb31
Stopped in this morning at my local Acura dealer just to see the Type S in person to get a better look. They only got one which I was told was off the lot the same day so a wasted trip. They had none to look at. Said they sold it 5k over sticker and didn't know when they would get more. In fact they where low on almost every model. They typically store most of their inventory in the lot at the back of the dealership then they have an overflow lot that used to have another 80 or so vehicles a few miles away. Salesperson said the overflow lot was empty and he walked me around back and there was literaly like 6 or 7 cars back there. Just empty spots everywhere. Said they are mostly selling used cars now as they can't get new inventory regularly. Frankly I don't blame them for selling it over sticker. Nobody is forced to buy anything. A car is worth what a willing buyer and seller agree to pay. It takes two. They are not a non-profit business.

If it was the $10k-15k others are doing, No. But it's the only one they had. And they're crazy low on inventory. They probably won't be getting any more cars in for a while. There's a Honda dealer in SC with 2 cars on their lot.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Prove it!! You are just wrong...and your "lap dog boys" really drink your cool aid. Pretty funny how they wag their tails every time you "think you know something"...that makes all of them
not to smart. All of you...do your homework. Period. Learn before you spout out garbage info. You all are just plain funny. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
Show all of us proof...in writing....that manufacturers can tell their dealers exactly what price they MUST sell their cars for. Go ahead...show us...and your lap dogs. Once they see you can't,
'cause that doesn't happen...as I've already explained.....then maybe...hmmm??...they won't be salivating all over your posts....that are just...wrong.

Most of them do it cause I wrote something....that's fine....but, no integrity or honesty or KNOWLEDGE....just....lap dogs.
Haters hate 'cause that's all they know. That's all they do. Facts....not just your BS speculations on what you feel like writing. Or ask questions....but, ranting and raving while sitting behind
a device from wherever....is...cowardly.

DEALERS CAN SELL AT THE PRICE THEY WISH. JUST A FACT...JACK!! You telling me I'm 100% wrong....well....PROVE IT! You can't...and won't...since what I'm telling you IS THE TRUTH.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! Thank you Jack. LOL!!

Old 07-03-2021, 11:46 PM
Safety Car

Prove it!! You are just wrong...and your "lap dog boys" really drink your cool aid. Pretty funny how they wag their tails every time you "think you know something"...that makes all of them
not to smart. All of you...do your homework. Period. Learn before you spout out garbage info. You all are just plain funny. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
Show all of us proof...in writing....that manufacturers can tell their dealers exactly what price they MUST sell their cars for. Go ahead...show us...and your lap dogs. Once they see you can't,
'cause that doesn't happen...as I've already explained.....then maybe...hmmm??...they won't be salivating all over your posts....that are just...wrong.

Most of them do it cause I wrote something....that's fine....but, no integrity or honesty or KNOWLEDGE....just....lap dogs.
Haters hate 'cause that's all they know. That's all they do. Facts....not just your BS speculations on what you feel like writing. Or ask questions....but, ranting and raving while sitting behind
a device from wherever....is...cowardly.

DEALERS CAN SELL AT THE PRICE THEY WISH. JUST A FACT...JACK!! You telling me I'm 100% wrong....well....PROVE IT! You can't...and won't...since what I'm telling you IS THE TRUTH.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! Thank you Jack. LOL!!
https://www.motor1.com/news/493595/f...arkup-removed/
https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/11707/dodge-plays-hardball-to-halt-dealer-markups-on-challenger-srt-demon
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/heres-how-dodge-plans-to-allocate-the-demon-to-dealers/

Sure, dealerships can charge whatever the heck they want, and automakers can't directly control that, but they can control how they allocate cars to that dealership. In the case of Dodge and Ford, if dealerships are found to be marking up cars, then as a punishment (or deterrent) their future allocations will be affected. So functionally yes, automakers can tell the dealerships the price that they're allowed to sell at because if they don't, they may be punished. It's up to the dealership to determine if the punishment is worth it.

And lest we forget, both Saturn and Scion practiced fixed pricing, so the prices set were determined by GM/Toyota, not by the dealerships.

Maybe you're the one that needs to do your homework. Or at least get off your knees and quit sucking off the GM of your local dealership you like to brag so much about.

Last edited by fiatlux; 07-03-2021 at 11:49 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by fiatlux:
04WDPSeDaN (07-04-2021), anacreon (07-04-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-06-2021), pyrodan007 (07-03-2021), riomp300 (07-05-2021), someguy11 (07-04-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-05-2021, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Camaro194
Spitzer Acura (McMurray, PA)

Test drive: Yes
ADM: No, selling at MSRP
If anyone wants a blue w/ black, they have one coming in later this month that's not sold yet. It's tempting, but I'm waiting on blue/red w/ opt wheels.
Tempting as I will be in Pittsburgh in two weeks. LOL! It's my color scheme but going to wait for the Y Spokes!

Quick Reply: TLX Type S release thread; prices, trims and availability