2021 TLX Owner's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
Experienced some strange stuff this morning. I soon as I left my house this morning, it started to snow. Just a couple flurries but enough to freeze up the road and make it semi-dangerous to drive. As As I was 10 min away from my destination, I got a notice that the radar element was blocked. I figured it had iced up in front of the grill and the snow/ice wasn't coming off on its own. No big deal, I thought and finally arrived. After parking the car, I confirmed an iced up radar and wiped off as much as I could before entering the building.

When I got into the car again and drove off, the radar message was gone so I thought that was that. After a few minutes I arrived at a stoplight and stopped the car. All of a sudden, I got an alert for imminent impact which gave both a visual of which corner as well as an annoying alarm. I wasn't moving and there was nothing in front of the car. As soon as I left the light, the warning disappeared. This happened at least 3 times before I got home (always at a stoplight). I'm just hoping my radar was not damaged.

It's frustrating that the radar iced up after just a couple of flurries. Winter's only just started... Has anyone else have this happen to them?
I had similar experience with my 2019. Kept getting warnings coming from the front right (no damage, the car was new). Dealer ended up replacing the sensor and it's been fine since.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:10 PM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
Originally Posted by rwg105
I had similar experience with my 2019. Kept getting warnings coming from the front right (no damage, the car was new). Dealer ended up replacing the sensor and it's been fine since.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep an eye on it. Don't want to go to the dealer until first oil change if I can help it.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Hopefully I will be taking mine in to get looked at soon. My infotainment system decided to crash and pop up with an Andorid.process.acore has stopped. I can't with this car hahaha. I spoke with the selling dealer's GM and he said he will push to have Acura replace the car. I'm not holding my breath though.

Last edited by Mikey319; 01-05-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:04 AM
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by Mikey319
Hopefully I will be taking mine in to get looked at soon. My infotainment system decided to crash and pop up with an Andorid.process.acore has stopped. I can't with this car hahaha. I spoke with the selling dealer's GM and he said he will push to have Acura replace the car. I'm not holding my breath though.
Did you at least look under the hood to make sure you have a genuine Acura engine?
Old 01-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Can anyone confirm if you can save a portrait to the screen saver via USB? Its one of the features I love most on my 4G, people are still surprised that the car can do that! I do not believe our 2017 MDX Advance has the option to do so,hoping TLX has as I am interested in Type S.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:28 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MIKEYDRED
Can anyone confirm if you can save a portrait to the screen saver via USB? Its one of the features I love most on my 4G, people are still surprised that the car can do that! I do not believe our 2017 MDX Advance has the option to do so,hoping TLX has as I am interested in Type S.
When would I ever see this "screen saver" in the TLX?
Old 01-06-2021, 10:49 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
When would I ever see this "screen saver" in the TLX?
Maybe he meant wallpaper and not screen saver.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Good plan. I always check Tire Rack to see what is available & how they compare. Some are bought from them but also use Amazon, got the NITTO NT01 Cobra track tires there, also the local tire chain outlets as some will price match & throw in free install.

Was shocked absolutely shocked when during an annual state inspection my BMW dealer turned up a damaged tire & wanted to change it. Told him thanks but would go to Tire Rack. He logged onto Tire Rack's site & matched the price.

As I live below the snow belt I look to Maximum Performance Summer tires except for trucks & SUV's.
+1, I checked NTB recently and their prices were the same as TireRack for some tires I'm looking at for my wife's CR-V, didn't check their mounting and balancing prices.
Local Honda and Acura dealers charge $25/tire to mount and balance (both use Hunter machines to mount & balance) tires that are brought in.
TireRack has definitely affected the tire business.

The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
I miss the wallpaper customization, which was available in my 2016 Accord Coupe. Not available in the 2021 TLX. I put some artwork by Roger Dean on my dashboard - he's the guy who drew many of the album covers for Yes in the 70's, and designed their distinctive logo.

ELIN (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 11:32 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
I miss the wallpaper customization, which was available in my 2016 Accord Coupe. Not available in the 2021 TLX. I put some artwork by Roger Dean on my dashboard - he's the guy who drew many of the album covers for Yes in the 70's, and designed their distinctive logo.
I've never seen that in a car. Disappointed I can't do it on my TLX!
Old 01-06-2021, 11:48 AM
Racer

I think you can still do it in the '21 ILX, which still uses the old dual screen setup.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
+1, I checked NTB recently and their prices were the same as TireRack for some tires I'm looking at for my wife's CR-V, didn't check their mounting and balancing prices.
Local Honda and Acura dealers charge $25/tire to mount and balance (both use Hunter machines to mount & balance) tires that are brought in.
TireRack has definitely affected the tire business.
I always liked NTB (called NTW before that). Good machines and trained technicians that knew how to use them. And when you paid for a 4-wheel alignment, they actually attached all 4 devices to the rims and used the lights/lasers to actually do it properly.
Back before Honda dealers got up-to-speed on tires/balance/alignment , dealer would just send us down the local NTB, and they fixed our flats on new cars for free as a courtesy. At our NTB, many of the techs liked Hondas/Acuras and always complimented us on our well-taken-care-of older ones.

As I look online now, looks like my favorite shop closed-down and others (got sold to ?) Big-O . Oh well, I guess chalk it up to progress and changing-times.

The 4 "very high speed" Michelin MXV4's I bought for the Accord-V6 were great and lasted over 10 years until I traded it.
The Continentals on the MDX lasted 6-years (until we traded it) and still had plenty of life/tread on them.

Putting only around 5000k miles a year on these new Audis, probably won't be needing tires on them while we own them. Not sure where I will go for nails or hazards. Maybe I will try Audi dealer ? (as they should have these tires in stock if I only need 1 or 2)
Old 01-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Did you at least look under the hood to make sure you have a genuine Acura engine?
ya know, I think it may have been swapped with a dodge 2.4L without me knowing!
ELIN (01-06-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Racer

Yes sorry wallpaper long day after taking last week off
Found out you can add wallpaper in our MDX so imagine TLX and other next generation Acuras are the same, someone confirm
Old 01-07-2021, 08:15 PM
Racer

That is disappointing the upgraded graphics would have taken full advantage. I guess with the absolute positioning etc it would have made things more complicated.
On a side note I live in MA and they are changing all the exit numbers on the major routes, all factory navigations will now be obsolete before they even leave the lot. Wonder if Acura and other manufacturers will offer OTA updates. I think someone posted here the new units do not announce exit numbers anyways, I didn't use the loaner RDX I had long enough to get a feel but certainly will miss my 4G unit that you can adjust on the fly and is still relatively accurate after 11+ years. I guess as long as you have AA and Carplay should be ok, although I used Google maps the other day on my Note 20 and it hadn't updated to the new exits yet.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts

1. Wonder if Acura and other manufacturers will offer OTA updates.

2. I guess as long as you have AA and Carplay should be ok, although I used Google maps the other day on my Note 20 and it hadn't updated to the new exits yet.
1. On Acura, it is OTA on vehicles without a DVD player (that's where the Map-DVD used to load from).

2. Apple CarPlay with Siri/Apple-Maps Navigation is pretty nice and will likely be updated for those exits soon. Google-Maps will likely be slower. Personally, I find many errors with Google-Maps in general. I know it's not an easy job, but still.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:07 AM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
I downloaded a bunch of Hires files on a 16gb thumb drive and plug it in the USB connector in my 2021 TLX.
To my surprise it played them and they sounded fantastic. I made sure on the metadata were on the files, so, I got the album art and the tracks on the infotainment and all had the proper information.
CarPlay however will not work because you have to use the same USB input, if I try the one on the far left, it will not work, seems to only be a charger.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello, I have a '21 TLX and have tried to change the wallpaper with no success. I cannot even find a setting in the menu that would even suggest it is possible.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

I have a new '21 TLX and do not see anything that would suggest the ability to save a file as a new wallpaper.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

New '21 TLX Advanced

Hello from North Carolina!

I just purchased a new '21 TLX and am very happy with the car so far. I do have a few observations/gripes to share for 1) in case anyone knows how to resolve and/or 2) for anyone considering the new TLX. (I have the Advanced for context)

1. Android Auto - I saw Waze on the Android Auto screen for the first 2 days but it has since disappeared. I have seen posts on the web about going into developer mode with Waze / Android Auto but that has not worked for me. I really (REALLY) like Waze over any other app.
2. The native navigation map info is very outdated. The speed limits and road closures are totally wrong for my neck of the woods. Seems like this should be an easy wireless update fix but can't seem to find a way to force an update.
3. The piping of engine noise into the cabin in Sport mode is cheap. I would really like to find a way to disable that.
4. Cannot have recirculating air setting on with Auto setting for climate control. WHY?
5. No USB ports for backseat passengers. (had to put that one in for my kids)
6. Sound and animation on dash cluster a bit silly when you turn off the car. (this is my first Acura so don't know if this is an Acura thing) Can this be turned off?
7. Cannot change the swipe sound in the infotainment system.
8. Perhaps my biggest concern - the backup camera does not switch to night mode right away. As I back out of my garage, I cannot see a damn thing. Only once I'm completely out of the garage does the camera switch to night and I can then see things. A bit unnerving.

Anyway - all the above are really minor things and I'm really really happy with the TLX. Hope to share more insights with you all soon.

Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by Moperry:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (01-10-2021), cyx (03-19-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Moperry
Hello from North Carolina!

I just purchased a new '21 TLX and am very happy with the car so far. I do have a few observations/gripes to share for 1) in case anyone knows how to resolve and/or 2) for anyone considering the new TLX. (I have the Advanced for context)

1. Android Auto - I saw Waze on the Android Auto screen for the first 2 days but it has since disappeared. I have seen posts on the web about going into developer mode with Waze / Android Auto but that has not worked for me. I really (REALLY) like Waze over any other app.
2. The native navigation map info is very outdated. The speed limits and road closures are totally wrong for my neck of the woods. Seems like this should be an easy wireless update fix but can't seem to find a way to force an update.
3. The piping of engine noise into the cabin in Sport mode is cheap. I would really like to find a way to disable that.
4. Cannot have recirculating air setting on with Auto setting for climate control. WHY?
5. No USB ports for backseat passengers. (had to put that one in for my kids)
6. Sound and animation on dash cluster a bit silly when you turn off the car. (this is my first Acura so don't know if this is an Acura thing) Can this be turned off?
7. Cannot change the swipe sound in the infotainment system.
8. Perhaps my biggest concern - the backup camera does not switch to night mode right away. As I back out of my garage, I cannot see a damn thing. Only once I'm completely out of the garage does the camera switch to night and I can then see things. A bit unnerving.

Anyway - all the above are really minor things and I'm really really happy with the TLX. Hope to share more insights with you all soon.

Cheers!
Welcome and congrats on your new purchase! Here are my responses:

1) Make sure your cable is attached to the USB port closest to the passenger and not the driver (the left port only charges). It also helps if your phone is already connected to the car before you turn on the ignition. There have been glitches for CarPlay as well so I won't be able to comment on your Android Auto experience.

2) Acura Nav is garbage. I have yet to do a wireless update (car says I have the latest).

3) Try customizing under "Individual" so that you can keep engine at "Sport" and the other settings in either "Normal" or "Comfort." I prefer my customized settings and can't imagine driving in "Sport" all the time (for fuel econ, amongst other reasons).

4) This is probably a liability setting. If you use up most of the good air in the car, that will be on you and not the car's fault (AUTO setting).

5) This is well known and can be found in car reviews as well as consumer reviews.

6) Some life long Acura owners consider this an upgrade. You will get used to it over time. Maybe seeing the animation will help you remember you shut the car off.

7) I don't consider this a big deal. Hope you were aware of this during the test drive.

8) I haven't had issues backing out at night. For reference, I have garage lights so the night vision prob wouldn't kick in until I leave the area anyway.

Just out of curiosity, which cars have you driven in the past and why did you settle on the TLX?
Tesla1856 (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Drifting

Hello, I have a '21 TLX and have tried to change the wallpaper with no success. I cannot even find a setting in the menu that would even suggest it is possible.
Not possible.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:44 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
#1/My Apple CarPlay stopped working after a couple of weeks
Through trial & error, I discovered there were 2 other IPhones connected to my car
Must've been technicians, or whatever
Anyway, when I deleted all the IPhones, & added my new one; VOLIA!
All good
ELIN (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:43 AM
Drifting

Experienced some strange stuff this morning. I soon as I left my house this morning, it started to snow. Just a couple flurries but enough to freeze up the road and make it semi-dangerous to drive. As As I was 10 min away from my destination, I got a notice that the radar element was blocked. I figured it had iced up in front of the grill and the snow/ice wasn't coming off on its own. No big deal, I thought and finally arrived. After parking the car, I confirmed an iced up radar and wiped off as much as I could before entering the building.

When I got into the car again and drove off, the radar message was gone so I thought that was that. After a few minutes I arrived at a stoplight and stopped the car. All of a sudden, I got an alert for imminent impact which gave both a visual of which corner as well as an annoying alarm. I wasn't moving and there was nothing in front of the car. As soon as I left the light, the warning disappeared. This happened at least 3 times before I got home (always at a stoplight). I'm just hoping my radar was not damaged.

It's frustrating that the radar iced up after just a couple of flurries. Winter's only just started... Has anyone else have this happen to them?
Just saw this in one of Edmund's newer consumer reviews:

"The biggest flaw I found after driving a 2021 TLX advance package was the Acura logo on the grill and all it controls. When this gets dirty or snowy none of your convenience/safety features function at all. Over all this car is absolutely astounding and a blast to drive and the sport mode is a blast, cant wait to see how the Type -S hanldles in comparison."

https://www.edmunds.com/acura/tlx/20...sumer-reviews/

If this is a valid owner's observation and not repeating someone else's experience (like my quoted paragraphs above), then this could very well be a flaw that should require a recall!

I would imagine many of our Canadian or Northern US members would not appreciate a simple snow storm knocking out the safety systems in this car!
Old 01-16-2021, 08:52 AM
Intermediate

Welcome and congrats on your new purchase! Here are my responses:

1) Make sure your cable is attached to the USB port closest to the passenger and not the driver (the left port only charges). It also helps if your phone is already connected to the car before you turn on the ignition. There have been glitches for CarPlay as well so I won't be able to comment on your Android Auto experience.

2) Acura Nav is garbage. I have yet to do a wireless update (car says I have the latest).

3) Try customizing under "Individual" so that you can keep engine at "Sport" and the other settings in either "Normal" or "Comfort." I prefer my customized settings and can't imagine driving in "Sport" all the time (for fuel econ, amongst other reasons).

4) This is probably a liability setting. If you use up most of the good air in the car, that will be on you and not the car's fault (AUTO setting).

5) This is well known and can be found in car reviews as well as consumer reviews.

6) Some life long Acura owners consider this an upgrade. You will get used to it over time. Maybe seeing the animation will help you remember you shut the car off.

7) I don't consider this a big deal. Hope you were aware of this during the test drive.

8) I haven't had issues backing out at night. For reference, I have garage lights so the night vision prob wouldn't kick in until I leave the area anyway.

Just out of curiosity, which cars have you driven in the past and why did you settle on the TLX?

I tested the BMW 3, Audi A4 and A5. For the money, Acura was best value. I had '13 G37 which I really liked but started to have significant engine problems so it was time to go.

​​​​​​​
Old 01-16-2021, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I tested the BMW 3, Audi A4 and A5. For the money, Acura was best value. I had '13 G37 which I really liked but started to have significant engine problems so it was time to go.
Just out of curiosity, what type of engine problems did you experience with the G?
Old 01-19-2021, 07:36 AM
Drifting

Post 1.5.1 Software Update

Just downloaded the update last night but didn't get to try it out since it was end of day for me.

Anyone else download it? I was afraid it would take 20 minutes to complete the update but it was more like 10 minutes for me.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Just saw this in one of Edmund's newer consumer reviews:

"The biggest flaw I found after driving a 2021 TLX advance package was the Acura logo on the grill and all it controls. When this gets dirty or snowy none of your convenience/safety features function at all. Over all this car is absolutely astounding and a blast to drive and the sport mode is a blast, cant wait to see how the Type -S hanldles in comparison."

https://www.edmunds.com/acura/tlx/20...sumer-reviews/

If this is a valid owner's observation and not repeating someone else's experience (like my quoted paragraphs above), then this could very well be a flaw that should require a recall!

I would imagine many of our Canadian or Northern US members would not appreciate a simple snow storm knocking out the safety systems in this car!
Should be simple enough for Acura to run a little heat to it like the outside mirrors.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Racer

Just downloaded the update last night but didn't get to try it out since it was end of day for me.

Anyone else download it? I was afraid it would take 20 minutes to complete the update but it was more like 10 minutes for me.
My download and install took about 10 minutes tops. Drove around for a bit post download - functionality all appears the same but I have had minimal glitches since getting the car - occasional brief audio dropouts while playing Apple C/P audio. The only change I noticed is that the now-playing screen on the right remains up, even after turning the car off and back on again - rather than defaulting back to the nav screen. The updates apparently include refinements to the onboard nav - which is all well and good, but akin to an exercise in turd-polishing considering that the onboard nav is so poor. Google maps work great in C/P so I will continue to use that.
ELIN (01-19-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 12:54 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Diagnostic mode

Does anyone know how to get into the diagnostic mode of the 2021 TLX? On the old TL you needed to push 3 buttons on the instrument panel.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:16 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Navigation Map update

I recently got a new 2021 TLX Advanced two weeks ago and found the map version was dated in 2019. I downloaded the latest version and put it on a USB stick and
installed it. Does anyone know how long it takes to install? I saw the USB stick blinking and had it running about 30 minutes several times but so far it is
not updated. There is very little instructions on what to do and I called Acura customer services and my dealer to no avail. No one knows what to do. The map still works
when I try to install it and each time to start the US blinking I have to remove the stick and reinstall it. My old 2013 TL with a DVD let me continue the installation for several
days until it finished and the navigation map went blank when I was installing it. By the way the navigation system stinks compared to my old TL. So many features are missing such
as points of interest {types of restaurants}, looking up by telephone number, looking up by name of business (It only shows the businesses up to about 10 miles}. The old navigation system let you
look up by state. Also a timer that shows how long the car is on is not included it the menu options.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
My download and install took about 10 minutes tops. Drove around for a bit post download - functionality all appears the same but I have had minimal glitches since getting the car - occasional brief audio dropouts while playing Apple C/P audio. The only change I noticed is that the now-playing screen on the right remains up, even after turning the car off and back on again - rather than defaulting back to the nav screen. The updates apparently include refinements to the onboard nav - which is all well and good, but akin to an exercise in turd-polishing considering that the onboard nav is so poor. Google maps work great in C/P so I will continue to use that.
Have you tried WAZE maps? Runs in C/P is current & has realtime warnings of traffic hazards, junk in the road etc
Old 01-20-2021, 07:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tlxman
Does anyone know how to get into the diagnostic mode of the 2021 TLX? On the old TL you needed to push 3 buttons on the instrument panel.
It's the 3 "back/home/card" buttons right above the TrueTouch pad. There's a whole thread about it here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...2021-a-991612/

The thread is for the RDX but it shares the same infotainment hardware/software as the 2G TLX.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:38 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tlxman
I recently got a new 2021 TLX Advanced two weeks ago and found the map version was dated in 2019. I downloaded the latest version and put it on a USB stick and
installed it. Does anyone know how long it takes to install? I saw the USB stick blinking and had it running about 30 minutes several times but so far it is
not updated. There is very little instructions on what to do and I called Acura customer services and my dealer to no avail. No one knows what to do. The map still works
when I try to install it and each time to start the US blinking I have to remove the stick and reinstall it. My old 2013 TL with a DVD let me continue the installation for several
days until it finished and the navigation map went blank when I was installing it. By the way the navigation system stinks compared to my old TL. So many features are missing such
as points of interest {types of restaurants}, looking up by telephone number, looking up by name of business (It only shows the businesses up to about 10 miles}. The old navigation system let you
look up by state. Also a timer that shows how long the car is on is not included it the menu options.
Not worried about the map updates for the Acura nav to be honest. I've been frustrated by it the few times I've used it (when using the USB port for music simultaneously).

Normally I rely on WAZE via CarPlay, which unfortunately knocks out the hi-rez music capability since there's only one smart USB port!
Old 01-20-2021, 09:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Not worried about the map updates for the Acura nav to be honest. I've been frustrated by it the few times I've used it (when using the USB port for music simultaneously).

Normally I rely on WAZE via CarPlay, which unfortunately knocks out the hi-rez music capability since there's only one smart USB port!
Can you load your music onto the cars memory system? Over the road I use the BMW car maps (not the best) on the HUD & WAZE verbal for warnings & either the phone apps, Pandora - Spotify - Prime, one other that came with the phone or the cars computer for music. If these is a HUD/WAZE map conflict I follow WAZE

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-20-2021 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:02 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Can you load your music onto the cars memory system? Over the road I use the BMW car maps (not the best) on the HUD & WAZE verbal for warnings & either the phone apps or the cars computer for music. If these is a HUD/WAZE conflict I follow WAZE
The 2G TLX lacks onboard storage. Another reason why I stopped short of calling this an audiophile's car as it has the presentation of one without the execution!
Old 01-20-2021, 09:51 AM
Suzuka Master

The 2G TLX lacks onboard storage. Another reason why I stopped short of calling this an audiophile's car as it has the presentation of one without the execution!
Bummer. Its a nice feature especially with a car like the TLX with its quality music system.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:31 AM
Intermediate

Hi All. I'm not sure about the rules so I won't post a direct link to the item but I found OEM all weather floor '21 floor mats (front and rear) on Ebay for $145. They have the TLX badge and seem legit. Anyway, just wanted to share they're out there (on Ebay) and you don't have to pay through the nose from the dealer.

Cheers
Old 01-30-2021, 02:35 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
My ASPEC mats were part of my lease agreement, in tandem with wheel locks, & tire insurance; (a MUST for NYC streets)
No spare tire, means caution to the wind; at least with the insurance, blown tires, & bent rims are FULLY covered!
Old 01-31-2021, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The update has been a disaster for me. Can't speak for others, but CarPlay now does not work the first time I attach my iPhone, and the only workaround I've been able to find is to plug in the phone, then disconnect it, then reconnect it again. I never had this issue prior to updating. Also, occasionally audio from other sources (such as satellite radio) does not work if I try to use CarPlay simultaneously. Again, did not have this issue prior to updating.

Am hoping there are others out there who can suggest fixes. Have tried hard restart on phone, but have not tried resetting car to factory presets (yet).

Phone is running iOS 14.2

Quick Reply: 2021 TLX Owner's Thread