2021 TLX Owner's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 07:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
New to the page. Just picked up my 2021 CPO TLX Tech SH-AWD. So far I’m loving it!
I picked it up in Chantilly VA and drove back 4 hours to WV through the mountains. Average MPG 29 (per computer)
I’ve had the car for two days and it already threw a code for emissions. Figuring it was a fluke I ran over and scanned the code. I then reset it and it hasn’t come back.
Fingers crossed lol.

So far I’ve added:
All weather mats.
Spent a little time hardwiring the radar detector today. Turned out perfectl!

like I said though, I’m loving the car so far!

The following 13 users liked this post by GrumpyTLXguy:
a35tl (10-16-2021), BBRL (10-16-2021), CheeseyPoofs McNut (10-16-2021), ELIN (10-15-2021), frainc (10-16-2021), Honda430 (10-15-2021), JDM_DOHC_SiR (10-16-2021), MarcoTLX (10-16-2021), Plinton876 (12-18-2021), SGPMan (10-15-2021), StealthTL-S (10-18-2021), ValdezQ26 (12-04-2022), WTF.Acura (10-16-2021) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-16-2021, 12:32 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 339 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by GrumpyTLXguy
New to the page. Just picked up my 2021 CPO TLX Tech SH-AWD. So far I’m loving it!
I picked it up in Chantilly VA and drove back 4 hours to WV through the mountains. Average MPG 29 (per computer)
I’ve had the car for two days and it already threw a code for emissions. Figuring it was a fluke I ran over and scanned the code. I then reset it and it hasn’t come back.
Fingers crossed lol.

So far I’ve added:
All weather mats.
Spent a little time hardwiring the radar detector today. Turned out perfectl!

like I said though, I’m loving the car so far!

congrats looks good in silver!! What else you plan on adding? How’s the AWD in the mountains?
The following users liked this post:
Plinton876 (12-18-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 04:01 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
You don't look so grumpy.

Congrats and welcome aboard!
Old 10-16-2021, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
congrats looks good in silver!! What else you plan on adding? How’s the AWD in the mountains?
thank you very much! I’m not sure what all I’ll be doing to it so far. I need to do more research and see what’s out there. I’m definitely considering some aftermarket wheels. I posted a thread in the wheel section wondering if anyone had considered the Enkei GTC02.

As far as the mountains, this thing has been a blast to drive. Curves are a bit more fun now lol.
MarcoTLX (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
You don't look so grumpy.

Congrats and welcome aboard!
Not that day lol. Quite the opposite 😂🤣😂

Thanks
CheeseyPoofs McNut (10-17-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 11:15 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by jwtarbaj
Yes ACC not AAC

It doesn't feel like engine braking when it suddenly slows/stops in my car. There's no way engine braking is stopping the car all the way to zero. It is most definitely applying the brakes at least some of the time. The "cruise would kick off before"??? No the TLX has ACC with low speed follow. It literally stops the car when traffic in front stops, it sounds like you've not used it before. The ACC doesn't just turn off because a "bad situation" arises.
Sorry, you are prob. right on that system. I don't use it, almost never, so even though I have a strong mech. background and fairly strong car knowledge, some things I'm not
on top of IF I haven't studied it enough. New stuff coming out all the time.

Limited slip is controlled by the Sh-Awd set up that is very sophisticated. The system senses if there is wheel slip anywhere and adjusts torque as necessary.
Fully explained in the Acura Press Release for the Type S...system is the same on other Acuras on how it's set up and operates.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:44 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I've been taking an often used on-ramp with a posted speed limit of 20 mph at 40-50 mph. I don't think I could have done that with previous cars.
Yep....most will never get the real understanding of just what the Sh-Awd system can do unless you are not afraid to trust it and really push it in a turn at speeds you
normally wouldn't think of doing. I've done it...more than once in different Acuras, and I'm always amazed how they stay pretty flat and just power around the turn.
The rear torque vectoring really allows higher speeds in "slower" type turns.
one4all (04-20-2022)
Old 12-15-2021, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to update on my original post. Car is updated to current system, phone is on most current iOS. Cables are official (and multiple ones tried). Still have problem. First time plugging in iPhone to car results in eventual infotainment screen message saying that device has been disconnect (even though it is still connected). Have to disconnect iPhone and then reconnect, and then the car recognizes it and opens CarPlay. Have taken to dealer and they don't have an answer except telling me to write to Acura.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by David Levin
Just to update on my original post. Car is updated to current system, phone is on most current iOS. Cables are official (and multiple ones tried). Still have problem. First time plugging in iPhone to car results in eventual infotainment screen message saying that device has been disconnect (even though it is still connected). Have to disconnect iPhone and then reconnect, and then the car recognizes it and opens CarPlay. Have taken to dealer and they don't have an answer except telling me to write to Acura.
Welcome to the Forum.

Unless you see a thread about this specific problem, I suggest you start your own thread.

Details (like what model iPhone) might help.

Have you tried deleting the phone from the car and the car from the phone ... and re-pairing and starting over?

My old Acura dealer (Service Advisor) helped us with iPhone issues on the old 2014-MDX the one time we need it.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my Advanced trim in Sept. I love it but I have a few gripes.
-They don't used the whole screen for the 360 camera AND the quality is disappointing. (My 21 CX-5 Is elite compared to the Acura 360 cam.)
-Again, I wish android auto would use the WHOLE SCREEN. Implement someway of using the navigation of your choice while displaying the music you are playing on the smaller side of the screen. (Like my Mazda) If I use Waze, it just shows that I'm using android auto on the smaller screen. smh
-My battery was defective, and I had to replace within the first month. Car shut off on me and was flickering every time I tried to get it to turn over. My puddle light on my passenger side also went out. I am currently waiting for a replacement call.
-There is an ear-piercing whistling sound coming from somewhere in the front and I can't pinpoint exactly where its coming from. If I'm doing anywhere between 80MPH and 90MPH (sometimes less on a windy day) I will hear it. I'm not sure they would be able to recreate that at the dealer.
-I'm not sure if this is related to the whistling, but when I use my windshield defogger (front and rear), the rears take a mighty longtime to defog. When I finally get it to defog, if I don't keep it on in the rear, the left side of the car almost immediately starts to fog up again. It's annoying and I don't have these issues with my Mazda. Any thoughts?
Anyway, end rant lol and I'm sorry if I keep comparing it the car to Mazda but I just appreciate the way Mazda has done things recently. I got a 21 CX5 signature in January and the Acura in September. I like both ALOT but the money we pay for Acura...they could have done much better on the finer details.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:29 PM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
Originally Posted by Plinton876
-They don't used the whole screen for the 360 camera AND the quality is disappointing. (My 21 CX-5 Is elite compared to the Acura 360 cam.)
-Again, I wish android auto would use the WHOLE SCREEN. Implement someway of using the navigation of your choice while displaying the music you are playing on the smaller side of the screen. (Like my Mazda) If I use Waze, it just shows that I'm using android auto on the smaller screen. smh
-My battery was defective, and I had to replace within the first month. Car shut off on me and was flickering every time I tried to get it to turn over. My puddle light on my passenger side also went out. I am currently waiting for a replacement call.
-There is an ear-piercing whistling sound coming from somewhere in the front and I can't pinpoint exactly where its coming from. If I'm doing anywhere between 80MPH and 90MPH (sometimes less on a windy day) I will hear it. I'm not sure they would be able to recreate that at the dealer.
-I'm not sure if this is related to the whistling, but when I use my windshield defogger (front and rear), the rears take a mighty longtime to defog. When I finally get it to defog, if I don't keep it on in the rear, the left side of the car almost immediately starts to fog up again. It's annoying and I don't have these issues with my Mazda. Any thoughts?
Anyway, end rant lol and I'm sorry if I keep comparing it the car to Mazda but I just appreciate the way Mazda has done things recently. I got a 21 CX5 signature in January and the Acura in September. I like both ALOT but the money we pay for Acura...they could have done much better on the finer details.
It's sad that others can do it better and for cheaper. I will most likely be heading back to the Germans after my lease is up. I'll pay more but I won't feel like I compromised in any way.

This car is also the first sedan to give me gas anxiety, filling about once a week whereas previous cars (both bigger and smaller) averaged 1.5-2 weeks b/w refills.
Tesla1856 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 02:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
If you can have someone else sit in the car with you that may help to narrow down the whistling sound but I would guess a defective seal somewhere (which could tie into the issues with defrosting) and my guess would be around the front windshield or rear glass or around the moonroof. For reference I am saying this because I am seeing similar issues with these cars as I did with Acura's past like rear brake issues, faulty batteries, etc., and I believe that they may be carrying over some of these same defective designs instead of creating long-term solutions.

It's sad that others can do it better and for cheaper. I will most likely be heading back to the Germans after my lease is up. I'll pay more but I won't feel like I compromised in any way.

This car is also the first sedan to give me gas anxiety, filling about once a week whereas previous cars (both bigger and smaller) averaged 1.5-2 weeks b/w refills.
For the first time in a long time it looks like I will be crossing Acura off of my list as a next car, disappointing (and I was looking at both the TLX and RDX).
Tesla1856 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts
Bye felicia!
Old 12-18-2021, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TypeS22
Bye felicia!
Don't worry I'll still check in to be able to catch the classy responses such as these
The following 6 users liked this post by ESHBG:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-19-2021), ELIN (12-18-2021), MarcoTLX (12-18-2021), pyrodan007 (12-19-2021), Tesla1856 (12-18-2021), TypeS22 (12-18-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-18-2021, 08:25 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
I now have my 21 TLX Tech 11 months and 11,000 and I have no problems at all, nothing. This is the best Acura I have ever had and love it. Are there better cars out to buy, sure, but each his own on what they want in a car. Me, I'm a very happy camper.
The following 3 users liked this post by frainc:
CPR (12-19-2021), mapleloaf (03-19-2022), MarcoTLX (12-19-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 08:32 PM
Instructor

There are a lot more pros that easily out way whatever cons you cherry pick. My 22 Type S is the best car that I’ve ever owned. It’s stupid Fast especially in Spot+ mode and not to mention sexy AF
The following 3 users liked this post by TypeS22:
CPR (12-19-2021), frainc (12-19-2021), MarcoTLX (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
If you can have someone else sit in the car with you that may help to narrow down the whistling sound but I would guess a defective seal somewhere (which could tie into the issues with defrosting) and my guess would be around the front windshield or rear glass or around the moonroof. For reference I am saying this because I am seeing similar issues with these cars as I did with Acura's past like rear brake issues, faulty batteries, etc., and I believe that they may be carrying over some of these same defective designs instead of creating long-term solutions.

For the first time in a long time it looks like I will be crossing Acura off of my list as a next car, disappointing (and I was looking at both the TLX and RDX).
Isn't a new RDX due next year?
Old 12-19-2021, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
There are a lot more pros that easily out way whatever cons you cherry pick. My 22 Type S is the best car that I’ve ever owned. It’s stupid Fast especially in Spot+ mode and not to mention sexy AF
As compared to what?

Old 12-19-2021, 07:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
As compared to what?
previous cars I’ve owned, staying in Honda and Acura family. Accord sport, TL, Tlx. I’m not of fan of other brands like bmw, Audi etc. sure they might be faster but their interiors are old and outdated.
The following 2 users liked this post by TypeS22:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-19-2021), F23A4 (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 09:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jwtarbaj
Isn't a new RDX due next year?
It's already out, the '22 was refreshed and some are on the streets already and owners are reporting in the RDX forum. I am happy that there is an A-Spec + Advance option now at least. But it shows how neglected the TLX is in the lineup and the MDX Type-S can get the + Advance option now too (although it's way overpriced IMO and pushes $75K, that's a lot for what it is).
Old 12-19-2021, 10:58 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ESHBG

For the first time in a long time, it looks like I will be crossing Acura off of my list as a next car, disappointing (and I was looking at both the TLX and RDX).
Yea I'm going to try and have my wife listen for it. It will be difficult as I stated I'd have to be doing over 80MPH for it to be loud enough. I did hear about defective seals as well but idk. When I go into the dealer (whenever they get my mirror) I'll tell them about this issue and see if I can get lucky to have a tech ride with me to listen for it.
ESHBG (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 12:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
previous cars I’ve owned, staying in Honda and Acura family. Accord sport, TL, Tlx. I’m not of fan of other brands like bmw, Audi etc. sure they might be faster but their interiors are old and outdated.
How exactly are they old and outdated if Acura is still playing catchup? Honda is clearly using the A4 interior as a benchmark in many of their products (new Civic and Accord copy a lot of elements).
Tesla1856 (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
How exactly are they old and outdated if Acura is still playing catchup? Honda is clearly using the A4 interior as a benchmark in many of their products (new Civic and Accord copy a lot of elements).
What he thinks is what he thinks. No right or wrong. My favorite dash is the one from my '67 StingRay. Just basic driving into.

One thing about both my old and outdated interiors is they are fully electronic. I did not choose to get the modern Carbon Fiber seating. No way my wife would be able to get in or out on her own. That said the basic car does not use steam gauges like the TLX-S more modern & said to be up to date dash. But that is just my opinion & I personally do like steam gauges.

Something I do like about old and dated is I can configure the dash to be based on the tach not the speedometer like the old Ferrari's & Porsches. Its a neat thing even if the HUD, Type-S has a HUD right, shows similar data. Built the COBRA's dash with the tach as the central instrument. That really has a old dash look with 100% simulated steam gages.

One from column A - Wife in the car mode. Picture is a stock metric view from the internet. My US setting lists 200mph on the speedo which is BMW marketing BS. Max logged by anyone in a pure stock car so far is 186MPH on the Autobahn.

or one from column B - Personal mode Red markers run up both sides of the tach & a line flashes across between from yellow to red at the shift point. About 7,300RPM

The picture shows the real time G meter is configured on the left but most important information shown includes an M-specific tachometer, current gear and Shift Lights. A range of data including coolant temperature, charge pressure, tire temperature and pressure and lateral and longitudinal acceleration can be displayed in the right- and left-hand areas of the instrument cluster. Data from the lap timer which can record a number of interesting if some what outdated info can be displayed real time.

Data including videos can be downloaded through your iPhone for analysis of your performance. No real shiny stuff & not of much interest to most people, but some of us do enjoy the old boring dash.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-19-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:11 PM
Burning Brakes

but their interiors are old and outdated.
Do you think it's the Digital-Cockpit-Dash or the Touch-Screen that makes it look outdated?

Just messin with you.

I spent a whole afternoon test-driving a 2021 TLX-2.0T Tech. Examined and tested all options and also an Advance model. I too noticed a difference. To me, it's the difference between Japanese Luxury and European Luxury styles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-20-2021), pyrodan007 (05-05-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 10:26 PM
Instructor

How ugly is that vs the type s and for 50 plus k? For what the name? I mean steering and dash ok nice. But the rest and for many years the bmw has been the same old dash. Exterior is also same old angel eye. U want a really nice bmw? It’s going to cost a lot more than a Type s
Old 12-20-2021, 07:45 AM
Suzuka Master

How ugly is that vs the type s and for 50 plus k? For what the name? I mean steering and dash ok nice. But the rest and for many years the bmw has been the same old dash. Exterior is also same old angel eye. U want a really nice bmw? It’s going to cost a lot more than a Type s
Yeah they do cost more nothing new there. BTW the angel eye has not been angel eyes for a few years now. Changed to chevron like lines under each set of lights about 2019. You may have missed it because the evolutionary change started around 2012 IIRC when the pure round ones changed on some models to a modified version & were no longer round.

2020 non-angel eye

Europeans are into an evolutionary design mode. You can look at a current car & an older car seeing similar design cues knowing its an Audi, MB or BMW. Many people like that as it develops a specific brand identity. My first BMW was a 2004 current ones are a 2020 & 2022. Without seeing the logo you know they are all BMW's, same with the Audi & MB lines. They also know the car will not be obsoleted next year when the design completely changes like Generation 2 3 4 1 2 in the TL/TLX series. None of which look anything like the prior generation except 1 2 in the TLX line. My TL a 2006 was unrecognizable as being the same car line as the 2010 TL. Maybe Acura is now changing to the Euro model & will develop a specific brand identity but expect you might not like that.

Current TLX is a good looking base for them to start from if they follow that model. It looks like the Koreans are going that way since they had German management of the car lines in both design & mechanicals.

The Acura people use the old 1950/60/70 GM, FORD, Chrysler model of complete change. Remember as a kid the dealers in September would white wash their windows setting up the show room for the new models reveal. Was a lot of fun seeing what the new cars would look like & they sold a lot of cars. Only difference is Acura has stretched out the cycle from a yearly one to a 6 years or so version.

Think from a marketing point of view had the Gen 4 TL been an evolutionary change from Gen 3 instead of a radical one they would not have lost 50% of their car sales overnight. The in sedan space month to month they were at one time competing for first place every month. They also did not hang into their position for performance again competing for the top spot each year. About 2006 everyone started to move to Turbos. Honda refused & dropped out of the game. Today the are starting back in with the Type-S but have a lot of ground to make up if they are serious about it. They need the iron to do what they say in the adds. Right now the current Type-S is a shade slower than the base 2006 300BHP BMW 335i.
Tesla1856 (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 07:48 AM
Instructor

Yeah they do cost more nothing new there. BTW the angel eye has not been angel eyes for a few years now. Changed to chevron like lines under each set of lights about 2019. You may have missed it because the evolutionary change started around 2012 IIRC when the pure round ones changed on some models to a modified version & were no longer round.

2020 non-angel eye

Europeans are into an evolutionary design mode. You can look at a current car & an older car seeing similar design cues knowing its an Audi, MB or BMW. Many people like that as it develops a specific brand identity. My first BMW was a 2004 current ones are a 2020 & 2022. Without seeing the logo you know they are all BMW's, same with the Audi & MB lines. They also know the car will not be obsoleted next year when the design completely changes like Generation 2 3 4 1 2 in the TL/TLX series. None of which look anything like the prior generation except 1 2 in the TLX line. My TL a 2006 was unrecognizable as being the same car line as the 2010 TL. Maybe Acura is now changing to the Euro model & will develop a specific brand identity but expect you might not like that.

Current TLX is a good looking base for them to start from if they follow that model. It looks like the Koreans are going that way since they had German management of the car lines in both design & mechanicals.

The Acura people use the old 1950/60/70 GM, FORD, Chrysler model of complete change. Remember as a kid the dealers in September would white wash their windows setting up the show room for the new models reveal. Was a lot of fun seeing what the new cars would look like & they sold a lot of cars. Only difference is Acura has stretched out the cycle from a yearly one to a 6 years or so version.

Think from a marketing point of view had the Gen 4 TL been an evolutionary change from Gen 3 instead of a radical one they would not have lost 50% of their car sales overnight. The in sedan space month to month they were at one time competing for first place every month. They also did not hang into their position for performance again competing for the top spot each year. About 2006 everyone started to move to Turbos. Honda refused & dropped out of the game. Today the are starting back in with the Type-S but have a lot of ground to make up if they are serious about it. They need the iron to do what they say in the adds. Right now the current Type-S is a shade slower than the base 2006 300BHP BMW 335i.

how much is that one in picture 55k same as type s?
Old 12-20-2021, 08:13 AM
Suzuka Master

how much is that one in picture 55k same as type s?
Which one the black or the gray? Prices are variable, so you can do it yourself depending on what you want in a car.

Black
Gray

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-20-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

How ugly is that vs the type s and for 50 plus k?

It’s going to cost a lot more than a Type s
Umm 0% ? It's just different. Looks like a BMW sedan to me.

It's more than some cars, less than others. What does it matter? It's a lot of money either way so buy what you like.
BEAR-AvHistory (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Which one the black or the gray? Prices are variable, so you can do it yourself depending on what you want in a car.

Black
Gray
86k for gray HA, no way type s still looks better
Old 12-20-2021, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Totally agree on points 1 & 2! Sometimes at night my 360 camera is totally unusable (completely blacked out and splotchy). My battery was defective as well, but my puddle lights have been fine so far (knock on wood). No whistling either.

That being said, this vehicle is much better overall than my 2019 A-Spec SH-AWD. Only things I miss are touch screen, timer function on MID, and small underneath storage in trunk. Last gen rims are better too.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:59 PM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by David Levin
I have posted this in other threads, but I have not had any Apple Carplay issues whatsoever since switching to this specific USB cable ( I have an iPhone XR): https://us.anker.com/collections/cab...37437807460502
Old 12-20-2021, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
I have posted this in other threads, but I have not had any Apple Carplay issues whatsoever since switching to this specific USB cable ( I have an iPhone XR): https://us.anker.com/collections/cab...37437807460502
Not surprising.

I have found that Anker Lightning cables are as good as Apples. Fully certified. All my Anker stuff works fine,

Only thing is, I think 3-4 ft. is about the limit. Not sure why you need a 6-footer as that is pushing-it a bit.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:32 PM
Drifting

I think my A/C gave out today. Has this happened to anyone else? I put the Auto-climate control to 66°F and it still was putting out hot air all the way home!
Old 03-15-2022, 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

I think my A/C gave out today. Has this happened to anyone else? I put the Auto-climate control to 66°F and it still was putting out hot air all the way home!
If you have not already done check the fuse.
ELIN (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Not sure if your car uses electric heater or radiator hot-water , but on my old Accord, sometimes the control-valve would get stuck open. Usually happened on changing of seasons.
ELIN (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 05:58 PM
Drifting

If you have not already done check the fuse.
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Not sure if your car uses electric heater or radiator hot-water , but on my old Accord, sometimes the control-valve would get stuck open. Usually happened on changing of seasons.
I'll take a look in the manual but usually I'm not handy with this stuff. Skipping a trip to the dealer is motivation though!
BEAR-AvHistory (03-15-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 05:27 AM
Drifting

I'll take a look in the manual but usually I'm not handy with this stuff. Skipping a trip to the dealer is motivation though!
Just to follow up on this: the car was in the shop for about 2 weeks with a blown motor for the A/C. I was just about ready to ask for some compensation for lease reimbursement.

On another note, my CarPlay has been randomly disconnecting. I'm just about ready to take it out behind the barn and shoot this infotainment!
Old 05-05-2022, 11:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Just to follow up on this: the car was in the shop for about 2 weeks with a blown motor for the A/C. I was just about ready to ask for some compensation for lease reimbursement.

On another note, my CarPlay has been randomly disconnecting. I'm just about ready to take it out behind the barn and shoot this infotainment!
This infotainment system is poorly designed and full of glitches. If I plug my phone in before it fully boots up it’ll stop responding with Apple CarPlay and I will need to unplug it and connect again. In some instances I’ve had to reboot my car fully or wait a bit just to control volume or any other controls. Last week my screen was frozen on CarPlay and even the time didn’t change. I shut it down quickly at a light and it was a black screen. Only after I got home and shut it down for 5 minutes did it reset and fix itself.

Acura needs to fix these issues asap. I love the design but the actual reliability of the system is poor.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Did they at least provide you with a loaner?

Quick Reply: 2021 TLX Owner's Thread