TLX in the wild... and new pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique

The success of the 3G TL in its masses was not design, but much more likely to be a perfect balance of price, value, the economy, and overall buye sentiment.

You seem to take every aspect of Acura's success and attribute it to design. And while I agree that design is critical to capturing the emotion of a potential new buyer....MOST car buyers dont buy for that reason, they buy for value. We the enthusiasts buy on emotion, and what makes us feel passionate about a car and that is more based on design and looks. But again, we are the minority.
What you say makes sense... however you have to remember that we're talking about Luxury car buyers, keyword Luxury. (I think a lot of people forget about this aspect) These buyers are able to spend a little more on their vehicles, (in many cases they do so because of the badge attached to it). Otherwise there would be no need to purchase from a luxury brand, when there are many non-luxury comparable options that are less expensive. In most cases those willing to pay additional money for a luxury car want a car that is special/exclusive... not ordinary. It's important that we differentiate the luxury segment of shoppers from the mainstream segment.

The majority of buyers in the Luxury market are not particularly concerned with "value" they want a car that LOOKS good, drives well, has the options they desire, is appealing and makes them look good. While value is important, in general it is not at the top of the list for Luxury shoppers.

Value however is critical in the mainstream market... If You're wanting to purchase a Ford, or a Kia, Hyundai, Mazda etc. then value is at the very top of your list. If you're in this market you don't necessarily care what the car looks like (in most cases)... those customers are price sensitive and they value reliability and safety over design, appeal and luxury options.
The following users liked this post:
docboy (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
I think once the TLX is in the showroom opinions about the looks will change. Acura's problem may be how to get people "in" the showroom.

I suspect this car will be much more appealing in person and, the pictures of the interior at least, seem to be an upgrade over the 4g (with sincerest apologies to the 4g owners amongst you).

Whether or not it will be a sales hit I can't say, but it should offer performance at a competitive price point and be an attractive automobile to boot.
The following 3 users liked this post by ReLaX:
KeithL (06-10-2014), randomRon82 (06-10-2014), Willie3.5 (06-22-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
So what you are saying is that the consumer doesnt care that they have never noticed the car before, nor that it doesnt catch their eye as something they would like but if it had a bigger steering wheel, tpms etc they would want it??
Most people i know arent enthusiasts, and i will tell you if they dont like the way the car looks, or it doesnt catch their eye in some way to make them want to go check it out, it doesnt matter if it had a larger steering wheel, tpms, nvh they arent going to look at it nor purchase it. What you suggest is like saying you think your wife is ugly but you married her because she chews her food quietly.

Ill just leave it at we agree to disagree. Everyone has different tastes, what one likes the other may not.
That's not what I said at all. Go back and read my posts. And my comments on the ILX sales comes from talking to a few reps about why it hasnt been seling.

And yes, we can agree to disagree. You can keep drinking your half empty glass and I'll keep drinking my half full glass.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ReLaX
I think once the TLX is in the showroom opinions about the looks will change. Acura's problem may be how to get people "in" the showroom.

I suspect this car will be much more appealing in person and, the pictures of the interior at least, seem to be an upgrade over the 4g (with sincerest apologies to the 4g owners amongst you).

Whether or not it will be a sales hit I can't say, but it should offer performance at a competitive price point and be an attractive automobile to boot.
Btw, love the user name and pic. Very cool.
ReLaX (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ReLaX
Yes, exactly! This goes back to lack of really solid aggressive marketing. Any product sale starts with solid marketing that captures the buyers attention. From there it's usually cost, then features, looks, reliability, and overall value.

I'll be the first to admit I'm and enthusiast! (and I married my wife on more than just looks thank you, although rather ridiculous to compare biying a car with getting married :rollseyes When it comes to cars, I'm one that goes for looks first. That's why I didnt buy a 4G TL. I think its one of the worst looking cars ever designed, along with the Cadillacs (good lord they are big boxy and fugly) and most other American designed cars. I like sleeker more refined cars that dont try to scream "hey look at me". I prefer subtle over obvious. And that's why I really like the new Acura lineup and the direction they are going. Oddly enough it's a lineup that is strangely difficult to make photogenic. But once you see thek in person, they carry a presence of their own.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Most people i know arent enthusiasts, and i will tell you if they dont like the way the car looks, or it doesnt catch their eye in some way to make them want to go check it out, it doesnt matter if it had a larger steering wheel, tpms, nvh they arent going to look at it nor purchase it. .
My wife and many of my colleagues view cars the same. If it doesn't look good or look nice, they are not going to the showroom. Period. Doesn't matter if it has class leading leg room or best in class highway mpg or visibility, etc.

Originally Posted by randomRon82
What you say makes sense... however you have to remember that we're talking about Luxury car buyers, keyword Luxury. (I think a lot of people forget about this aspect) These buyers are able to spend a little more on their vehicles, (in many cases they do so because of the badge attached to it). Otherwise there would be no need to purchase from a luxury brand, when there are many non-luxury comparable options that are less expensive. In most cases those willing to pay additional money for a luxury car want a car that is special/exclusive... not ordinary. It's important that we differentiate the luxury segment of shoppers from the mainstream segment.

The majority of buyers in the Luxury market are not particularly concerned with "value" they want a car that LOOKS good, drives well, has the options they desire, is appealing and makes them look good. While value is important, in general it is not at the top of the list for Luxury shoppers.

Value however is critical in the mainstream market... If You're wanting to purchase a Ford, or a Kia, Hyundai, Mazda etc. then value is at the very top of your list. If you're in this market you don't necessarily care what the car looks like (in most cases)... those customers are price sensitive and they value reliability and safety over design, appeal and luxury options.
Totally agree. Luxury market could care less about costs and value; that's why there is a market for the $30,000 Rolex watches or a $100k sports car. That's also why people will spend $38k for the tiny Lexus CT200 vs $24k for a Prius.

Acura's position for "Smart Luxury" (which I suspect Acura is trying to advertise themselves as 'Luxury for less') is a marketing failure. Such a market, though it exists, is a very small one and almost contradictory in itself.

Acura should choose a definitive stand and either position itself as "Luxury" or "Mainstream" not somewhere in between. IMHO.
The following 2 users liked this post by docboy:
fsttyms1 (06-11-2014), randomRon82 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Burning Brakes

(and I married my wife on more than just looks thank you
uh huh... I bet she's watching over your shoulder as you type this.. Lol
holografique (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

I agree wholeheartedly and is why I've been stating what I have been stating. Go back and read my complaints on both the RLX and ILX and you'll see that it all falls in line with this sentiment.

My only argument / debate so far has been this notion that just because the TLX doesn't look like it was designed to be driven on the Indy 500, that suddenly the sales are going to be abysmal. I just think that it is completely shortsighted for all the reason you yourself just listed above. "Looks" is not the only important factor in the formula.

Last edited by holografique; 06-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Is the TLX a little bland, yes, but clearly people did not like the 4G and complained that is was not a natural evolution of the 3G, now Acura goes back to the 3G and evolves it into the 5G and people are complaining it is too bland. Honestly the 3G was a tad on the bland but was a very attractive car. Many of the opinions here are based on pictures which we all know do not do most cars justice. I do agree that the lack of a Type-S will hurt the die hard enthusiast Acura owners from moving to a TLX, but I do think they will far exceed their sales goals on the TLX. I thinsk the styling of the TLX is nice, especially the videos I have seen of the silver car, but it can use a nice set of wheels!
The following 4 users liked this post by KeithL:
a35tl (06-10-2014), Acura_Dude (06-11-2014), holografique (06-10-2014), mr2core (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KeithL
Is the TLX a little bland, yes, but clearly people did not like the 4G and complained that is was not a natural evolution of the 3G, now Acura goes back to the 3G and evolves it into the 5G and people are complaining it is too bland. Honestly the 3G was a tad on the bland but was a very attractive car. Many of the opinions here are based on pictures which we all know do not do most cars justice. I do agree that the lack of a Type-S will hurt the die hard enthusiast Acura owners from moving to a TLX, but I do think they will far exceed their sales goals on the TLX. I thinsk the styling of the TLX is nice, especially the videos I have seen of the silver car, but it can use a nice set of wheels!
Off topic, can you give me your A6? lol
Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Yes, exactly! This goes back to lack of really solid aggressive marketing.

Oddly enough it's a lineup that is strangely difficult to make photogenic. But once you see thek in person, they carry a presence of their own.

That is, indeed, a real head scratcher. I see the picture on my owner's manual and have to peek outside just to make sure it's the same car. As near as I can figure there are subtle character lines that are hard to convey in a picture, particularly with the lighter colors.

Soon enough there'll be recent 5g owners posting pics of their new rides on these forums and I'm sure we'll get a better perspective then.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
It's been discussed numerous times already that the RLX hasnt done well likely to its poor marketing and high price. I believe the ILX is the same situation, and further impacted by the fact that it does not have enough substantial luxury features for the price it commands to really entice a buyer to justify the added cost over going with a Honda. If the ILX offered real leather seats, a larger steering wheel, TPS, memory seats, better suspension, and better cabin noise reduction, all of which are already available in its bigger sister cars, I think the ILX would sell alot more. The biggest problem being it just doesn't "feel" luxury enough. It "feels" like a Honda, more like a Civic, yet still commands a price of which you could pay for an entry level C-Class. All going back to Acura's value prop loosing its effect in the market place due to heightened competition.

The success of the 3G TL in its masses was not design, but much more likely to be a perfect balance of price, value, the economy, and overall buye sentiment.

You seem to take every aspect of Acura's success and attribute it to design. And while I agree that design is critical to capturing the emotion of a potential new buyer....MOST car buyers dont buy for that reason, they buy for value. We the enthusiasts buy on emotion, and what makes us feel passionate about a car and that is more based on design and looks. But again, we are the minority.

To say the RLX/ILX are bland is opinion and one that I dont think is the cause of the sales issue for the reasons I've already stated. I think the ILX is a hot looking car. To me its the evolution of the Integra. And Ive already stated what I think of the RLX.

I agree and also think the ILX doesn’t sell well because of some of the reasons you mentioned, and I also agree that it looks good. But the biggest problem is the engine.

I had an ILX (AT) as a loaner and it couldn’t get out of its own way. They should have put the 201HP engine in MT and AT ILX’s from the beginning, but I know they didn’t want to cannibalize the TSX sales at the time which in turn hurt their newly introduced ILX. This made no sense since they were planning to keep the ILX around, while the TSX was going away.

As far as the RLX goes, aside from the wheels I don’t think it looks bad at all especially in person and I think the interior is great. Besides the lack of a marketing strategy, the other problem with the RLX is price point. Since Acura discounted the RLX it has sold better, not great but better, that is not a coincidence. I feel that Acura has priced themselves out of the market and if they are going to sell the RLX Hybrid for close to $70K history is going to repeat itself.

The RLX Hybrid may be great, and it may have every conceivable option. But at that price point a lot of people care more about what the brand stands for than what it has. Some people would rather have a 5 series or E-Class without all the gadgets than a fully loaded RLX for the same price. Prestige is a bigger factor then some may think as the MSRP gets higher, this is why Hyundai can’t sell the Equus and Kia isn’t going to sell many of the K900’s. I understand they are targeting the S-Class buyer for a lot less money, but IMO I cannot see anyone looking at an S-Class or even E-Class cross shopping a Hyundai or KIA.

Look at the 4G, while we can all agree to disagree about its styling, even after the 2012 was introduced with the toned down grill to appeal to the masses, it still wasn’t flying off the showroom floors. But as soon as Acura discounted it they have been selling, I see the 4G’s everywhere now where 1 ½ - 2 years ago I barely saw any.

Of course design is extremely important, but I really think for Acura it’s all about the price point first… IMO of course.

Last edited by JT4; 06-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Off topic, can you give me your A6? lol
For the right price ;-)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Facebook/TOV...

The pic has pretty decent resolution to see detail... (right click on picture, click view image... zoom in)

Last edited by randomRon82; 06-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by randomRon82:
a35tl (06-10-2014), Acura_Dude (06-11-2014), internalaudit (06-10-2014), JT4 (06-11-2014), ostrich (06-10-2014), Oswald Vater (06-11-2014), ReLaX (06-11-2014), Tonyware (06-10-2014) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:31 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Silver, definately silver is the right color for this car.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tonyware:
a35tl (06-10-2014), FoxTL (06-11-2014), MuGen7Modulo (06-10-2014), randomRon82 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
That silver one is really sharp!
randomRon82 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tonyware
Lol... I agree Tony. Everytime I see it in silver all of my negative thoughts go away.

SILVER SILVER SILVER SILVER... positive thinking.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Yup silver is definitely the better looker here. It absorbs those horizontal silver strips perfectly above each of the fog area. Now if I could only see these from another angle. The rims are NOT whats happening though. Its almost as if they are toning down the aggression on purpose.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Let's hope they make enough in sliver and don't do anything stupid with inventory. I'd love to see RonJon do his thing on a silver car.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by docboy
My wife and many of my colleagues view cars the same. If it doesn't look good or look nice, they are not going to the showroom. Period. Doesn't matter if it has class leading leg room or best in class highway mpg or visibility, etc.

Totally agree. Luxury market could care less about costs and value; that's why there is a market for the $30,000 Rolex watches or a $100k sports car. That's also why people will spend $38k for the tiny Lexus CT200 vs $24k for a Prius.

Acura's position for "Smart Luxury" (which I suspect Acura is trying to advertise themselves as 'Luxury for less') is a marketing failure. Such a market, though it exists, is a very small one and almost contradictory in itself.

Acura should choose a definitive stand and either position itself as "Luxury" or "Mainstream" not somewhere in between. IMHO.
There is the SH-AWD not available in Honda's. I am value oriented and if that was offered in the Accord, I wouldn't even consider the TLX.

That alone is a huge differentiator between Honda's two brands. Not all who buy luxury are just after the badges or brands, sometimes certain features are intentionally left out of the mainstream product.

Last edited by internalaudit; 06-10-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree. The interior of the Acura are superior than that of the Accord but from an exterior styling, I think the Accord will be much sexier than the TLX. I say THINK because I want to see the TLX in the flesh...however, damn that Accord Sport is handsome.

I am not a fan of the Accord's interior though, and given the importance of a car's interior, there is a low probability that I would take an Accord over an Acura or upscale brand. That is where the 4G TL has a home run...I love that interior and the plethora of button, but I have a button fetish.
FoxTL (06-11-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyware
Yes, I agree, because it does not have that very jarring contrast between the silver trim in the front bumper and the exterior colour!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Facebook/TOV...

The pic has pretty decent resolution to see detail... (right click on picture, click view image... zoom in)

randomRon, where do you find all these amazing photos and "in the wild" pics from!? Now, I am starting to think that you are actually an Acura employee infiltrating our forum... ROTFLOL!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I'll take my TLX in silver also, but damn those rims on the 4 cylinder versions! They are as bad as the ones that Acura put on the '09-'11 fwd TLs. But that silver TLX looks sharp! That's a beautiful color. I want a V6 TLX Advance in silver with the light gray interior.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ostrich
randomRon, where do you find all these amazing photos and "in the wild" pics from!? Now, I am starting to think that you are actually an Acura employee infiltrating our forum... ROTFLOL!
HAHA, I'm a little obsessed at the moment because I want a new car... I wanted one by last month.

I have various keyword searches set up on all of my devices and some alerts from social media apps. lol I don't want to miss anything! And I'm being super cautious and critical about details because I don't want to be stuck with a vehicle that I don't love inside and out.

I'm obsessed to the point where I took a week of vacation during NAIAS to be fully engaged, and I went there to see the prototype. lol I would have gone to NY to see the production unveiling but I had to be elsewhere for work... so yeah that's my story.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
Not sure where he gets them (and kudos to him for posting them here) but I got the same picture from Acura for liking them on Facebook. They periodically post pictures of all their rides on it.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

This was posted earlier on twitter... the poster said that this was at the Marysville plant... He said it's the SH-AWD Advance... anyway, I think it looks pretty sharp here.. maybe?

A lot of action here lately. I wouldn't be surprised if demos are in dealerships earlier than expected.

Name:  TLX.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  77.0 KB
The following 15 users liked this post by randomRon82:
a35tl (06-11-2014), A4toTL (06-11-2014), Acura_Dude (06-11-2014), dwinnie (06-12-2014), hadokenuh (06-11-2014), internalaudit (06-11-2014), jshaw (06-13-2014), MuGen7Modulo (06-11-2014), ostrich (06-11-2014), Oswald Vater (06-12-2014), ReLaX (06-11-2014), Rocketsfan (06-11-2014), Rocket_man (06-11-2014), Timmy18 (06-12-2014), wi_badger (06-12-2014) and 10 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Actually I guess there was some type of tour of the facility, so I'm sure a lot more pics will be surfacing soon... someone just posted these to facebook. I really wish the rear had more to offer.

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  23.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  52.8 KB

This was posted earlier on twitter... the poster said that this was at the Marysville plant... He said it's the SH-AWD Advance... anyway, I think it looks pretty sharp here.. maybe?

A lot of action here lately. I wouldn't be surprised if demos are in dealerships earlier than expected.

The following 11 users liked this post by randomRon82:
A4toTL (06-11-2014), dwinnie (06-12-2014), Gen4MDX (06-11-2014), internalaudit (06-11-2014), J.A.S. (06-11-2014), MuGen7Modulo (06-11-2014), Oswald Vater (06-12-2014), ReLaX (06-11-2014), Rocketsfan (06-11-2014), Rocket_man (06-11-2014), wi_badger (06-12-2014) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
The car actually looks really good in these pictures. I agree with Silver being this car's best looking color so far. I was crossing my fingers and hoping they'd add those exhaust tips to the back. I still need to see it in person to get a better look at it.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
For those artistically astute, what kind of colored beak will look good on the TLX? Will body color matching do okay or will we really have to switch the grill for something else? (like Ronjon's).

Is this design really for pedestrian safety?

I wish we had the choice like with the Lexus IS - F Sport ala predator! or the neater looking one, though I do like some of the options on the F Sport such as VSG.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by internalaudit
For those artistically astute, what kind of colored beak will look good on the TLX? Will body color matching do okay or will we really have to switch the grill for something else? (like Ronjon's).
I personally just don't like a mass inside of a grille period... at least not as big as the Acura beak mass. If you get silver or white, the mass actually looks okay. For a darker color, you're best bet would be to paint the mass black or get an aftermarket grille like RonJon's with simple bars. It's however possible that the beak mass would look better in a darker more reflective chrome.
internalaudit (06-12-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Cover up the logo!!!

It always cracks me up when Acura engineers are out driving test cars, as if we won't know its an Acura. Peeps in the know, will know by the power plenum, people who aren't car people won't care.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:51 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
From the recent pics posted of the TLX, black and silver are the best choices so far. Thanks again, RandomRon.

It is from Florida, Proctor Acura in Jacksonville. I found them over the internet back in 2008 when I was scouring the web for a TL. I wanted pre-certified, under warranty, low mileage, NAV, NBP/Parchment....and 6-speed, which made it very tough to find. After a few months of searching one popped up and it was at Proctor.

While it is a 4-hour drive from Atlanta, the sales service I've gotten from my rep there has been great, so I decided to take my business there again when it came time to lease my RLX and my wife's ILX.
Good deal! If I'm not mistaken Proctor Acura is in Tallahassee and Jacksonville has 2 Acura dealers, Acura of Orange Park an Duval Acura.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Suzuka Master

From the A pillar forward at many angles it has 3G lines and shapes.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
From the A pillar forward at many angles it has 3G lines and shapes.
Yes, it really does look like a natural evolution of the 3G. One difference is that it has the longer wheel base of the 4G which should give it more of a street presence. One needs to see the car in person but I like the looks based on these pictures.
a35tl (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
If I'm not mistaken Proctor Acura is in Tallahassee and Jacksonville has 2 Acura dealers, Acura of Orange Park an Duval Acura.
Whoops! you're right, sorry about that. It's in Tallahassee, not Jacksonville. But if I do recall, it was first received in Jacksonville at the ports there from Japan, then transferred over to Proctor. I think it was the longest month I ever waited on anything, but it was well worth it. At the price we pay for these higher end cars, it doesn't make sense to compromise in the least bit...
Acura_Dude (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
The back actually looks pretty good in that pic, just convert those lower reflectors into exhaust tips... but that front angle shot still just looks so hmmm blah.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

While it's not a picture of the TLX dash/instrumentation, here's a pic of my RLX dash/instrumentation in action. Based on all the pics I've seen, the TLX instrumentation, NAV system, etc is pretty much the same as the RLX/MDX. My RLX is an Advanced model, so this would be the equivalent of the TLX Advanced with LKAS, ACC, and other goodies.

Just thought this would help give some of you who have never driven an RLX an idea of what to expect in the TLX. Personally I think the overall system is great, very informative, easy to understand and pleasant to the eyes.

What I'm curious to see is how well the new capacitive touchscreen in the TLX compares to the RLX's resistive touchscreen. From everything I know about the differences in the two, the TLX screen should be much more responsive, accurate and more definition on the display. The capacitive touchscreen in the RLX is one of my biggest gripes...
Attached Thumbnails TLX in the wild... and new pics-img_4608.jpg  

Last edited by holografique; 06-11-2014 at 06:18 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by holografique:
Acura_Dude (06-11-2014), ReLaX (06-11-2014), Rocketsfan (06-11-2014), Rocket_man (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 PM
vbx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Judging by this shot. A 6mt version will not be available.

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  52.8 KB
Old 06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 9-2014

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts
Digging those wheels.

Quick Reply: TLX in the wild... and new pics