2009 Acura TL/CL Type-S-Merged Threads-All 2009 topics will be merged here

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Exclamation Late-Breaking Speculation

I just had a meeting with the GM of "the World's Largest Acura Dealer."

He said that he is going to New Orleans in late April for the inside unveiling of the TL. Here is what he believes:

1) The RL is moving upscale to compete with 7-series BMW and MB-S. It will have a V-8 at least but probably a V-10.

2) The TL will be moving up in size to fill part of the vacuum left by the RL. It will have a 3.5L V6 and SH-AWD as standard. It will maintain its sporty character. (???)

3) The TL will be a TOTALLY different car... a total redesign.

I didn't have time to read the last 3 pages so I hope this is not a repost.

Its just one guys predictions but he is on the inside track.

I don't know how the TL is going to get bigger and still be sporty. Especially with that locomotive cow-catcher.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^That seems to be in line with the info that Acura is stepping up to Tier 1 luxury. The problem is that these changes won't occur until the next generation (3G RL, 5G TL, 3G TSX, etc.).
Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor

He said that he is going to New Orleans in late April for the inside unveiling of the TL. Here is what he believes:

1) The RL is moving upscale to compete with 7-series BMW and MB-S. It will have a V-8 at least but probably a V-10.

2) The TL will be moving up in size to fill part of the vacuum left by the RL. It will have a 3.5L V6 and SH-AWD as standard. It will maintain its sporty character. (???)

I don't know how the TL is going to get bigger and still be sporty. Especially with that locomotive cow-catcher.

Great info, thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

This makes a lot of sense since Acura is opening a seperate design studio at the the US corporate office in torrance which will be totally seperate from Honda's.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rka4570
This makes a lot of sense since Acura is opening a seperate design studio at the the US corporate office in torrance which will be totally seperate from Honda's.
Actually the design studio opened in May 2007 according to Acura's press release.

TORRANCE, Calif., U.S.A., May 24, 2007– The new $15 million Acura Design Studio officially opened its doors, assuming a key role in the development of new concepts and designs that will lead directly to future Acura products. With state-of-the-art design technologies and a work layout focused on improving collaboration, the new design studio represents the next step in the advance of the Acura brand.

Acura Design Studio Exterior

Designed to achieve a high level of energy efficiency, the studio also is expected to be certified as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). A number of measures were adopted in the design and construction of the studio, with the goal of achieving LEED gold certification.

“This Acura Design Studio will help conceive and design the future of Acura,” said Toshihiko Nonaka, president of Honda R&D Americas (HRA). “Our goal here is to create emotional designs that create a strong and distinct image for Acura products.”

A number of Acura models, including the Acura MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and Acura TL luxury performance sedan, have been designed, developed and engineered by HRA. Moving Acura design activities into a state-of-the-art independent studio provides a more clear focus to advance the unique character of the Acura brand.

“The effort to distinguish Acura in the marketplace begins with design,” said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and the Acura Division. “The Acura Design Studio will be critical in our efforts to deliver products at the right times and ahead of the competition.”

Key technologies in the Acura Design Studio include a computer-generated virtual simulator that enables design stylists to display virtual vehicles in a one-to-one ratio. Other features in the facility design include the parallel arrangement of the interior and exterior design areas on the styling floor to better enable collaboration of designers involved in a new vehicle.

As the latest expansion of HRA product design and development capabilities in North America, the Acura Design Studio joins the Honda Design Studio in Torrance, Calif. and the Advanced Design Studio in Pasadena, Calif. to further HRA’s existing Los Angeles Center for research and design.

A celebratory groundbreaking for the Acura Design Studio was conducted March 27, 2006, marking the 20th anniversary of the creation of the Acura brand. Acura was the world’s first Japanese luxury nameplate and the first Japanese luxury automaker to design, develop and manufacturer its vehicles in North America. Today, nearly two-thirds of all Acura vehicles sold in America are researched, designed, developed and assembled exclusively in North America.

In the effort to achieve a Gold rating by the USGBC, the Acura Design Studio includes many energy-saving attributes such as an Energy Star reflective roof to reduce heat gain and lower air conditioning requirements; reclaimed water used for landscaping; and an intelligent lighting system that makes greater use of natural light. Honda has other LEED gold certified facilities in Gresham, Oregon and Raymond, Ohio.

HRA began its operations in California in 1976 with local market research activities and has steadily grown its capabilities over the past 30 years to include all aspects of new vehicle design and development.

With the addition of the Acura Design Studio, the company operates 13 major R&D facilities in North America with more than 1,200 designers, engineers and support personnel engaged in the development of automobiles, motorcycles and power equipment products for North America and global markets. HRA’s major centers include the Los Angeles Center (Torrance, CA) responsible for market research, concept development and styling design; the Ohio Center (Raymond, OH) responsible for complete product development, testing and support of North American supplier development; and two dynamic test facilities in California and Ohio; and the North Carolina Center (Swepsonville, NC) responsible for power equipment R&D.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
I keep looking at this, and keeping hope alive
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts

spot on
Old 03-25-2008, 11:48 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it is horrible what they have done to the exterior of the RL and TSX. The sex appeal is all gone. The fenders and entire front clip are horrible on the TSX and the grill on the RL is appalling. I am dumbstruck they would decrease power and mpg and ask for more money on the TSX. The grill design is just pissing people off. The new TSX looks like some preschooler when nuts in a book of styling techniques and just threw them all together. The RL has the BMW 7-series whale tale and just what the hell is going on in this new TSX. It’s a slurry of design techniques from the last 30 years. When is Honda/Acura going to stop trying to fool the general public that there dashboards come from UFO’s? I thought the 3G TL was sick when it came out, interior and exterior! What a beautiful car from the start. I can’t believe they have taken away the touch screen nav. What a dumb move. They have removed what I have always thought was the most intuitive functioning nav system on the market. What a disappointment! If I wanted a silly knob I would get a BMW with idrive. Where the hell is the RWD option we have been asking for for what 20+ years? I swear! If the TL is not a stunner I am done with the Acura line. Wouldn’t a RWD Acura sedan be a killer. I could actually look past ridiculous styling for RWD on a Acura sedan! You know they are going to be asking $40k or more for the new TL. I’d much rather try the Audi(hot sex) or BMW(interior is lame and way over done but the driving experience is legendary if it’s under warranty) in the same price range. I anticipate a major let down on the G4 TL but we will just have to wait and see. No really, I'm not frustrated about my passion for Acura and where they are going. The pic in post 1575 is sick! I love it.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
spot on
Oh, yeah. I forgot one part. The GM said that the new TL would be bigger and heavier than the present day RL.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, yeah. I forgot one part. The GM said that the new TL would be bigger and heavier than the present day RL.
WHAT?! Are you serious?

I REALLY hope this isn't true.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YoungCeo
I keep looking at this, and keeping hope alive
Gotta love the pic posted by Silver Surfer
Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jproy
I think it is horrible what they have done to the exterior of the RL and TSX. The sex appeal is all gone. The fenders and entire front clip are horrible on the TSX and the grill on the RL is appalling. I am dumbstruck they would decrease power and mpg and ask for more money on the TSX. The grill design is just pissing people off. The new TSX looks like some preschooler when nuts in a book of styling techniques and just threw them all together. The RL has the BMW 7-series whale tale and just what the hell is going on in this new TSX. It’s a slurry of design techniques from the last 30 years. When is Honda/Acura going to stop trying to fool the general public that there dashboards come from UFO’s? I thought the 3G TL was sick when it came out, interior and exterior! What a beautiful car from the start. I can’t believe they have taken away the touch screen nav. What a dumb move. They have removed what I have always thought was the most intuitive functioning nav system on the market. What a disappointment! If I wanted a silly knob I would get a BMW with idrive. Where the hell is the RWD option we have been asking for for what 20+ years? I swear! If the TL is not a stunner I am done with the Acura line. Wouldn’t a RWD Acura sedan be a killer. I could actually look past ridiculous styling for RWD on a Acura sedan! You know they are going to be asking $40k or more for the new TL. I’d much rather try the Audi(hot sex) or BMW(interior is lame and way over done but the driving experience is legendary if it’s under warranty) in the same price range. I anticipate a major let down on the G4 TL but we will just have to wait and see. No really, I'm not frustrated about my passion for Acura and where they are going. The pic in post 1575 is sick! I love it.
I understand your frustration, but come on, the new grill isn't THAT bad. I think we are all exagerating a little bit about the grill, we can live with it, shit, we'll have to! The grill is here to stay, so we'll just have to get used to it. Unfortunately, these new cars are not making our jaws drop at first sight like our 3 gen. TL did. I think our expectations need a reality check, because to think that Acura is going to hit a homerun with EVERY vehicle they release is unrealistic. The new TSX looks very similar to the current one. just a different grill. So you mean to tell me that the grill, and only the GRILL makes the car horrible? The new TSX is an evolution of the current model, and I think Acura did a good job of keeping the same look of the current car. I hope they do the same with the new TL (As in keep the same look of the current car). Don't get me wrong, after seeing the new TSX and RL, I've lowered my expectations for the new TL (sad to say). I can't see Acura hitting back to back homeruns. I just hope they don't fuck it up to the point where I'd consider jumping ship and getting a Lexus (something that I have no intenions on doing, but you gotta have a back up plan!).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just don't see how the new grill is going to make people leave Acura for greener pastures, that's ridiculous. It seems to me like a lot of people want to leave Acura anyway and are using the grill as an excuse. If you like Acura's luxury, reliability, prices, resale value, technology, quality, etc. you are not going to leave over a fucking grill! If you want to see a real ugly grill, take a look at the new Maxima, now THAT is an ugly ass grill!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 AM
8th Gear

If Acura really wanted to do all this on this generation, then they would have to make a TL that is better than the RL which would be stupid sales wise, but they could move upmarket pretty quick that way. If not make it just marginally better than the current TL and then really jump with the next RL with a strong MMC for the TL (closing the gap) Then finally a big departure for the 5th Gen TL. My bet is on the second option though I hope for the first.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

A couple of Honda Exc. came up to the dealership last week. Showed pictures of the new TL to my owner and such. Unfortunately the interior images were not shown cause the laptop somehow died (go figure) before they got to it. Point being they did say that the 09 TL will have the AWD as highest end trim level and will be a v6 pushing 310 horsepower. Not sure if this has been mentioned on the site yet or not.
From temple of vtec...I don't remember reading it, but if its already in here my apologies. The thread of course didn't really give any discription of what it looked like....
Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Office Linebacker

where did Silver_Surfer get that pic? Was that his own work? I love it
Old 03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLingham
Could Acura make a good engine for the TL that takes regular gas? The extra cost for premium bugs me every time I fill up, especially at these prices. I know it's not that much money but the extra cost is a nuisance.

I also think they should adopt the variable cylinder technology to improve highway milage.
I don't know about where you live, but here in the DC area, most gas stations offer premium gas for about $.25 more than regular. That's a whopping $3.00 for 12 gallons, what I usually pump in my car. I also don't fill up but once every two weeks, so $6.00 a month really isn't going to break the bank.

Now, if you're filling up twice a week, I can see how it would get expensive in a hurry.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Nogard13
I don't know about where you live, but here in the DC area, most gas stations offer premium gas for about $.25 more than regular. That's a whopping $3.00 for 12 gallons, what I usually pump in my car. I also don't fill up but once every two weeks, so $6.00 a month really isn't going to break the bank.

Now, if you're filling up twice a week, I can see how it would get expensive in a hurry.
This should've been in red.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ac Man
I understand your frustration, but come on, the new grill isn't THAT bad. I think we are all exagerating a little bit about the grill, we can live with it, shit, we'll have to! The grill is here to stay, so we'll just have to get used to it. Unfortunately, these new cars are not making our jaws drop at first sight like our 3 gen. TL did. I think our expectations need a reality check, because to think that Acura is going to hit a homerun with EVERY vehicle they release is unrealistic. The new TSX looks very similar to the current one. just a different grill. So you mean to tell me that the grill, and only the GRILL makes the car horrible? The new TSX is an evolution of the current model, and I think Acura did a good job of keeping the same look of the current car. I hope they do the same with the new TL (As in keep the same look of the current car). Don't get me wrong, after seeing the new TSX and RL, I've lowered my expectations for the new TL (sad to say). I can't see Acura hitting back to back homeruns. I just hope they don't fuck it up to the point where I'd consider jumping ship and getting a Lexus (something that I have no intenions on doing, but you gotta have a back up plan!).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just don't see how the new grill is going to make people leave Acura for greener pastures, that's ridiculous. It seems to me like a lot of people want to leave Acura anyway and are using the grill as an excuse. If you like Acura's luxury, reliability, prices, resale value, technology, quality, etc. you are not going to leave over a fucking grill! If you want to see a real ugly grill, take a look at the new Maxima, now THAT is an ugly ass grill!
Finally someone sees it my way. Everyone is making a big ass deal about a grill and "claiming" theyre going to jump ship because of a grill. Meanwhile someone posts that pic of the 2010 RL with the same grill and everyone loves it. Boggles the mind.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jproy

Actually the "knob" is very easy to use. Acura got it right -not even close to bmw's iDrive-. Also the VR is so good you can do most things thru voice commands. I moved from a TSX to aRL and I don't really miss the touch screen.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I think we are all exagerating a little bit about the grill, we can live with it, shit, we'll have to! The grill is here to stay, so we'll just have to get used to it.
Some of us refuse to agree with that assessment...for obvious reasons!

Nuff said!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts

Now, if you're filling up twice a week, I can see how it would get expensive in a hurry

FIXED ^Agree
Old 03-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 6SpdTerror
Finally someone sees it my way. Everyone is making a big ass deal about a grill and "claiming" theyre going to jump ship because of a grill. Meanwhile someone posts that pic of the 2010 RL with the same grill and everyone loves it. Boggles the mind.
You're not wrong but I saw the RL grille at the Chicago show and it was TERRIBLE. Maybe it's better on the new TSX because the car was designed with that grille from the start, but it's totally unacceptable on the RL. The so-called flagship.

I can understand Acura wanting to do things their own way but there comes a point at which you should do things your customers clamor for. RWD, more powerful engines, better styling, etc. I am as big an Acura fanboy as anyone and I'm actually considering the new G35 or CTS. I'll wait until the new TL is released but I have to admit I have little confidence in Acura right now.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:13 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Sure, your right, I am getting a little wild with my comments! You are right it is not a dog shit car. It is a nice car. I did go a bit far. I guess the bottom line for me is this; Acura has always been able to produce a car that had serious and unique sex appeal. I feel that a car is an extension of who you are and your personality. I know it’s not like that for everyone. The interior and exterior of the last few generations were able to make me say "AH" who needs a Bimmer, Audi, or even the new Volvo when I can still turn heads in this. I don’t really need RWD because this car has some hot sex in the veins. I have always thought of my Acura as something I want to turn and take a second look at when I walk away from it like a hot girl. Even though mine is not stock, I catch people staring at it often when I approach it or sit where I can see it. I know that is kind of lame but I’m just being honest about what Acura styling has done for me with the last two iterations of the TL and even the TSX. Once a guy walked into the Subway I was in and announced that he wanted to know who owned the Acura outside. He wanted to buy it and couldn’t stop talking about it. The only thing different about the exterior of my black CLS is that it has sport springs so it looks like it should have from the factory instead of the front being jacked up higher than the rear. It’s not slammed and most people don't even know it’s dropped. It sits how the 3G TL sits, wheel gap wise. My point is that it was very easy for me to utilize what Acura gave me to make a stunner. Even the new MDX has me in a fit. The new cars are nice, no doubt about it, but I just feel that the unique styling that has me saying "wow, I don’t need RWD or AWD because this is sex" is gone. The new TSX looks like a new Camry and the RL has the 7seres rear end....almost a carbon copy plus the weird grill and nice but bland interior. I just think Acura seems to have gone generic with their design theme, throwing things together at random. I guess what I meant to say was that the car is nice but the styling just doesn’t grab me like it did in the past. I wouldn’t stare at the new RL, MDX, RDX, or TSX as it passed me on the HWY and drool like I would at the new Audi’s. I still stare at 3G TL's and other Acuras of past. Because of that and the lack of a RWD platform the public has been demanding for years I am done unless something changes. There are too many other, better, simply stunning options out now. Also I have not used the new nav interface so I don't really have a right to be talking about that but I do love to be able to touch the screen and interact with it. Thanks for listening
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,223 Likes on 3,990 Posts

Well, in the opinion of many people the grille IS that bad.
Technology? Like the fact that TL's have to be rigged in order to play a freakin' i-pod?
Reliability? Have you even looked at the "Problems" forums around here? Serious, MAJOR problems with the TL alone. Acura is NOWHERE near a perfect company. I understand NO car company is perfect, but it seems as though you are some sort of an appologist for the Acura brand.
Do you work for Acura Corporate?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
LyfeIs what you make it!

Just found this article. I apologize if its a repost.

Under the hood you will find the 3.7-liter V6 from the MDX CUV. That's an engine already rated at 300 HP in the MDX and our industry sources tell us to expect this motor to be good for around 330 HP in the TL's hot rod version. That said, we've also heard whispers that a number in the 340-350 HP range is not totally out of the realm of possibility.
http://jalopnik.com/365647/2009-acur...w-tl-tl-type+s
Old 03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
E55>>>TLS

Originally Posted by LyfeIs

this looks very promising...if they could get 350 hp out of the new type-s that would be f***ing amazing!!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 PM
MP90 uninstalled

And then things start to look up! I guess one of the first after market mods to come out will be a grill repacement. How much you want to bet?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

OH WTF is this part of the new TL!?!??

Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
holy large mid-grid and headlights!
I like the sound of it's engine so far though--I hope it turns out as they say!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
LyfeIs what you make it!

I think that pic is of the RL.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think that pic is of the RL.
Pretty sure its the RL... here's the article for those too lazy to click and read:

Some say he has a tattoo of a Saleen S7 on his rear end. Others tell us he was born with a penchant for oil rather than his mum's milk. All we know is he's called the Auto Insider and he's always ready to provide the scoop from the other side of Eight Mile.

Despite having absolutely no idea on exactly what day the 2009 Acura TL will break loose from it's embargoed chains, some details are beginning to leak out in hushed whispers as the unknown date draws ever-closer. Those whispers all seem to be saying the same thing: Expect more power. Yes, with a Tim Allen-like grunt, we're told Acura will give significant bumps in horsepower to the next base model TL as well as to the up-powered Type-S model. Here's what our sources are able to tell us so far:

The regular 2009 TL sedan will inherit the 3.5-liter V6 under the hood of the current TL Type-S. That motor puts out 286 HP now however, we expect this V6 to be tuned up to just over 300 horses when it finds its new home in the 2009 TL's engine compartment. Initially that news has us just plain giddy -- however, all that horsepower will be heading torque-spinningly straight to the front wheels. Frankly, that has us a little worried. For now we'll just hold out hope Acura has invented an insanely great torque management system.

The much more exciting news lies in the next generation TL Type-S. Under the hood you will find the 3.7-liter V6 from the MDX CUV. That's an engine already rated at 300 HP in the MDX and our industry sources tell us to expect this motor to be good for around 330 HP in the TL's hot rod version. That said, we've also heard whispers that a number in the 340-350 HP range is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

If those horsepower numbers get your blood flowing, remember that power will also be coursing through Acura's torque-vectoring, SH-AWD system on the Type-S. That leads us to hope those rumors about a number closer to 350 HP turn out to be true.

The last bit of good news on the Type-S is the slush box. A 6 speed, manumatic DSG gearbox will be standard equipment on this faster-than-average sports sedan. Expect to be able to shift the gears through steering wheel-mounted, flappy-paddle shifters, or with the "stick" itself via a "+/-" gate.

Watch for the regular 2009 TL to go on sale during the summer or fall of 2008 and we expect the meaner S-Type following 6-12 months later.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Best bit of news i've heard all day. Only thing is tho..........i hate those DSG things! I know they shift faster and all but call me old school, give me a 6MT all day!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:11 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

i guess i will wait another 6 to 12 months for the 4G TL-S to come out....
Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by 6SpdTerror
Best bit of news i've heard all day. Only thing is tho..........i hate those DSG things! I know they shift faster and all but call me old school, give me a 6MT all day!
DSG ?!?
No normal six speed manual ? Not even for the type S ?
Oh FU Acura...Ill drive my 04 TL till it dies.
damn..that really blows.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

350 hp Type S!! man...hmm...gotta have SH AWD.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
All great if true. 350 HP with SH-AWD = ; 320-ish, meh, not so much.

Typically the Type-S has launched a couple of years after new model introduction.

A "good" DSG is faster than manual shifting, but there is a weight penalty.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Advanced

You have a point. Part of the problem is that I'm a relatively new owner. I went from a smaller car that took regular gas and got better city mileage. I'm simultaniously adjusting to higher gas prices, lower mileage and the extra cost of premium.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Advanced

The service guy told me that the 2009 TL will have SH-AWD in one way or another. It will also have the usb audio connection.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pttl
Well, in the opinion of many people the grille IS that bad.
Technology? Like the fact that TL's have to be rigged in order to play a freakin' i-pod?
Reliability? Have you even looked at the "Problems" forums around here? Serious, MAJOR problems with the TL alone. Acura is NOWHERE near a perfect company. I understand NO car company is perfect, but it seems as though you are some sort of an appologist for the Acura brand.
Do you work for Acura Corporate?
No I don't work for Acura, but I can only speak for my situation. I have a 2005 TL with Nav and I have NEVER had issues with my car. EVER. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, I don't know. Sorry if you've had issues in the past, but like you said yourself, what car company doesn't have issues, so you already answered you own question about reliability. Now about technolgy. Who do you think started all this hands free, bluetooth, voice recgonition, Nav Traffic/weather, DVD Audio, SH-AWD, etc in the first place? Acura. You are comparing Acuras, which are old and on the way to being replaced by hot new shit from other car companies. Our gen TL has been out since 2003! Of course some of the features and specs are going to seem dated to a brand new Audi or infiniti. Use common sense people, the car is FIVE YEARS OLD!

And I hate to say use common sense, because common sense ain't common. Everybody doesn't have common sense, but we should all try at least. I'm not some advocate or employee for Acura, I'm just an enthusiast, just like some of you CLAIM to be. When I make my posts, I try to think before I speak and not let my emotions get the best of me. Yes, when I first saw the MMC RL I was disappointed, but guess what? I don't want an RL, I want a TL. When I saw the new TSX I thought, "It's okay", but guess what? I don't want the new TSX, I want a TL. So I say that to say this, I'll save all the negative talk and Acura design bashing if I'm disappointed in the look of the car that I WANT, which is the new TL.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Racer

Oh and about the ipod thing. Show me ANY car in this class from model year 2004 - 2007 that doesn't need to be rigged to play an ipod? At least Acura tried with the Musiclink (I know it was a piece of shit, but hey, they tried!) How many car companies even tried to have ipod integration from factory? Sure, everyone is doing it now in 2007 - 2008. But Acura tried this back in 2005, when ipod popularity was starting to really take off. I think many people are being enticed by "fool's gold". Sure these new cars look good and have nice features and mouth watering specs, but are they REALLY good cars? It was mentioned that there are plenty of threads on here about problems that Acuras have. Well has anyone been on a Caddillac, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, etc. forum? They have issues too, just like us. So don't think that because you hop into a brand new Audi or whatever, that the problems you experienced with Acura you won't experience elsewhere.

Quick Reply: 2009 Acura TL/CL Type-S-Merged Threads-All 2009 topics will be merged here