RDX 19" ACCESSORY WHEEL on 5AT TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Guys, my TPMS is still freaking out?!!? I've researched a few posts and most everyone says they will just resync/reset themselves after a few miles of driving... well i've driven a good 100+ miles since i've had the wheels installed.... what gives?? anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So these will fit a 2006 6MT with the spacers without issues?
My front calipers are the Brembos (with the Acura) on them.

And if that's the case, no issues with a tire place doing this?
Where are you guys getting the spacers?

thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the chrome also, only had them on my cars without tires and they look great, but alas, I think they are going back, I really didn't want 35 series tires living in NY, plus with spacers they are gonna weigh a ton, then I'll need some spacers for the rear also, these 500.00 rims are beginning to be nothing but trouble. I might just get some chrome Ronjon Inspyres.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by paweljaro
So these will fit a 2006 6MT with the spacers without issues?
My front calipers are the Brembos (with the Acura) on them.

And if that's the case, no issues with a tire place doing this?
Where are you guys getting the spacers?

thanks
I already purchased some 15mm spacers, if I send the wheels back, I can sell you the ones I ordered for exactly what I paid for them 122.00. Ichiba version 2. Maybe your interested in the wheels also, still brand new in the genuine honda boxes with TPMS sensors.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Instructor

I am seriously considering taking the plunge and buying these rims by the end of the weekend. It will be my first rim purchase ever, so I've been sort of antzy to buy them and nervous at the same time since I would be putting down close to $1400-$1500. This leads me to my biggest 'hangup' I guess with the purchase:

Tigga and Ollie - Have you guys experienced any big drop off in ride quality and noise levels with the new setup versus the stock 17's? I am lucky to live in an area with very good roads, but I dont want to regret getting these because of added rattles etc from the harsher ride.

TIA for your help!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Also would like Dino's opinion as well. Thought I could edit my other post but cant seem to find the edit button lol
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Originally Posted by PSULou03
Tigga and Ollie - Have you guys experienced any big drop off in ride quality and noise levels with the new setup versus the stock 17's? I am lucky to live in an area with very good roads, but I dont want to regret getting these because of added rattles etc from the harsher ride.

TIA for your help!

It's only been 3 days and about ~200 or so miles, and i have no complaints what so ever. Except for my new set of TPMS acting crazy! But to me, ride quality has remained the same. Keep in mind i dont have a drop either. still using stock suspension setup, but that should change soon.

No change in performance from what i can tell, although i tend to take corners a little slower then i what im used to. Not because i dont think the wheels/tires can handle it, but more so me being paranoid about having a 35 sidewall. just a mental thing. I have some pretty decent roads where I'm currently at too so i know that will change over time, especially after i get used to the new wheels.

overall, ive been incredibly happy with the outcome. I've been getting lots of compliments and i don't know how to describe it, but sticking with oem equipment is just more appealing to me. If these hadn't come along, i was all over the 18" a-specs.

For you after market wheel guys, dont take this the wrong way but IMO, these rdx wheels are nothing over the top, no crazy offsets, 5 inch lips or spoke paterns, but it gives it that "it came from the factory like that" look, which is exactly what i was looking for! That "grown folk" look! Just simple and clean!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
PSU-I agree with tigga, the ride (even on a 35 series) is very close, if not the same as factory 17's. Im running 38-39 psi all the way around. they ride great, like they're not even on NO rattles NO harsh ride. Also, my 04' doesnt have tpms, so I put good ole' trusty rubbers in!

Tigga-Its funny u said if these hadnt come along, you'd be all over the 18" a-specs...I was the SAME way!! lol I agree also that the OEM look was a major appeal about these wheels...does this mean were gettin' old? lol 30 is the new 20!

Last edited by Dino81; 03-28-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PSU. I would say the ride is very close to stock. Like Tigga I tend to take corners and bumps slower, but thats just because I'm use to the stock tires and I dont want to risk it. My gas mileage is still about the same for day to day driving (24mpg) and although it seems to rev a little higher coming out of first, no noted performance loss. I have the tires at 39 all around. I am on very bad roads with bumps and potholes everywhere, so I feel like I have a little more rattle, but that's to be expected with any + size setup. It could be mostly mental though-not sure. Get some quality tires-not the lowest priced ones you can find. Ive had them 2 weeks now and don't regret it a bit. Funny since my whole search started because I needed to replaced two Pirellis on my OEM setup...
Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Thanks guys for the detailed responses. They helped reinforce my desire to go with these rims I agree with Tigga and Dino regarding the OEM look vs aftermarket. There are some nice aftermarket wheels out there for sure, but for the price and look, you cant go wrong with these. I always wanted A-Specs as well, but they would have been double the cost (or more), so coming across these was great for the wallet as well lol.

I am probably gonna go with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They have gotten excellent reviews on Tirerack for noise and ride comfort especially, and they arent that expensive relatively. Only choice I have is to go with the 235/35/19 ($172/tire) or the 245/35/19 ($184/tire). I am leaning toward the 245's but not certain. How much did mounting and balancing run you guys? I am seeing prices anywhere from $15-30/per tire. Also, I am thinking getting an alignment done would be a good idea right?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Racer

Thanks guys for the detailed responses. They helped reinforce my desire to go with these rims I agree with Tigga and Dino regarding the OEM look vs aftermarket. There are some nice aftermarket wheels out there for sure, but for the price and look, you cant go wrong with these. I always wanted A-Specs as well, but they would have been double the cost (or more), so coming across these was great for the wallet as well lol.

I am probably gonna go with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They have gotten excellent reviews on Tirerack for noise and ride comfort especially, and they arent that expensive relatively. Only choice I have is to go with the 235/35/19 ($172/tire) or the 245/35/19 ($184/tire). I am leaning toward the 245's but not certain. How much did mounting and balancing run you guys? I am seeing prices anywhere from $15-30/per tire. Also, I am thinking getting an alignment done would be a good idea right?
I would go with 245-35-19. I purchased nexens in 235-35 because I work @ a shop that, amongst other things, sells tires. I got them for right around $100 each (wholesale), our wholesaler didnt even have any 245s in stock, so thats why I didnt go with that size. (thats how I kept wheels, tires, mount and balance under 1k!)

I mounted and balanced them myself (on my lunch hour) so that was free, but even the high end of $30 per wheel you are seeing is still not unreasonable. I wouldnt worry about an alignment after putting on the wheels, unless u needed one PRIOR to the new wheels. OD does not change hardly at all, either size. if u see uneven tire wear, or it is pulling to one side or another, then id get your front end checked out.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:56 PM
In Search Of Sunrise....

I heard nothing but great things about the conti DWS! So good that most places are out of stock. I was looking to get these myself, but the places i checked said they wouldn't have them till end of april/early may...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
hates potatoville

Originally Posted by TiggaMan909
I heard nothing but great things about the conti DWS! So good that most places are out of stock. I was looking to get these myself, but the places i checked said they wouldn't have them till end of april/early may...
I'll vouch for them! I have them on stockies, 245/45/17. They grip very well, had them on when winter started. They're quiet but a little too soft for me. Also you won't be able to have a great shine on them like other tires due to the compounds it have so be warned.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Instructor

What Ill probably do is ask about the tire wear on my current Pirellis which have about 19,000 miles, and see if they are showing any signs of uneven wear. I have noticed a slight pull to the left, and the actual wheel seems to be slightly off center (to the left), so maybe I should just get all that checked/fixed so my almost $800 investment in tires isnt wasted.

Glad to hear about the Conti DWS. Wow, great deal on the tires Dino, and its convenient you can do the work yourself I am gonna go with a shop that does it for $18/tire, and they have very good reviews on tirerack. Now I just have to call tomorrow to confirm the prices on the site arent really out of date before buying the tires, and having them shipped there lol.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by D'sNBP
I'll vouch for them! I have them on stockies, 245/45/17. They grip very well, had them on when winter started. They're quiet but a little too soft for me. Also you won't be able to have a great shine on them like other tires due to the compounds it have so be warned.
I certainly don't drive like a race car driver, so the softness probably won't bother me too much, but I have heard that comment a bit. Interesting point on the shine...never thought the compounds of the tire would affect that, but oh well, its not that big a deal.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chris288
I like the chrome also, only had them on my cars without tires and they look great, but alas, I think they are going back, I really didn't want 35 series tires living in NY, plus with spacers they are gonna weigh a ton, then I'll need some spacers for the rear also, these 500.00 rims are beginning to be nothing but trouble. I might just get some chrome Ronjon Inspyres.
Mine were on the way here and were even at my local FedEx warehouse for delivery and i had my order cancelled after you said they wouldn't clear the Brembos. I am a little sad about it as these rims looked great. I must say that the Acura dealer was awesome and refunded every penny. Thanks everyone for your help (especially Ollie and Chris). Oh well, guess im gonna go with some aftermarket ones.... thanks again!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Instructor

Well I just took the plunge and purchased the sparkling silver rims from Gold Coast Acura in CA on eBay. I paid $525 plus $65 shipping. For $590, I am very happy! Now I just have to call a couple tires places to see if they can beat the Tirerack price for the Conti DWS tires and shipping combined (which works out to be about $195/tire from Tirerack). The weather is supposed to be wonderful later week into the weekend, so I hope somehow I can get them by then. First rim purchase ever....I was a bit nervous hitting the confirm bid button with like 30 seconds left lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Instructor

I already purchased some 15mm spacers, if I send the wheels back, I can sell you the ones I ordered for exactly what I paid for them 122.00. Ichiba version 2. Maybe your interested in the wheels also, still brand new in the genuine honda boxes with TPMS sensors.
Hey,

Are these TPMS sensors for the TL or RDX?
If the rims do come with the RDX TPMS, we can't use those and need to get TL ones, right?
And another question...(if we do need the TL TPMS) Has anyone been able to get the dealer to give them TL TPMS instead of RDX for the same price?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Advanced

Hey,

Are these TPMS sensors for the TL or RDX?
If the rims do come with the RDX TPMS, we can't use those and need to get TL ones, right?
And another question...(if we do need the TL TPMS) Has anyone been able to get the dealer to give them TL TPMS instead of RDX for the same price?

They are for the RDX. They will not fit the TSX or the TL. One of the members said they negotiated a deal to swap the TPMS, but since they are sealed in the box, I'm not sure how receptive they will be. Definitely ask though.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Get spacers that replace the stock studs and has other studs coming out. I think H&Rs does. I would say either 15mm or 20mm spacers would be fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by lunat1c
Check this out, the same acura dealer has a used TL for sale and they put the RDX chrome wheels on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...fCarsQ5fTrucks
And even custom smoked tail lights and fog lights!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Advanced

Last chance before they go back to the dealer... Anybody want these rims in the NY, NJ, CT, MA area ? still in the genuine honda boxes with 8 TPMS sensors, 4 RDX sensors, 4 TL sensors, with Version 2 ichiba 15mm spacers to make them fit any TL ? Thanks Chris.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy to say that I received my rims today. Although the car was a bit dirty I decided to see them on the car before my tires arrive. The shine on the Sparkling silver is stunning. The rims look amazing. Like a lot of people already mentioned, the OEM look is just something that every after-market rim seem to fall short of. They look classy and sexy without attracting any attention to themselves.

Tires should be in on Wednesday or Thursday so I will hope to post some pictures after I get them mounted.

I also had the chance to weigh these on my bathroom scale and am disappointed to report that the rims weighed in at 29.2 lbs. Oh well, gotta pay to look good!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Chris, how do i get in touch with you? can't seem to PM you. I may need to take the TL TPMS sensors off your hands. Mine are shot and they have been going crazy ever since i had my RDX wheels installed.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Advanced

I bought the rims and TL TPMS sensors from the dealer, if the rims go back I wanted to send everything back at once because they packaged them up in each rim box seperately, I only opened 2 of them, the other 2 are still sealed. They were only 35.00 each from DCH Acura.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Advanced

WOW 29 lbs, holly smokes, how much do the stock 17's or 18's weigh. Thats a lot of extra weight.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure about the OEM TL wheels but my stock Accord wheels with tires weigh 43 lbs. With tires this set-up will weigh about 52 lbs, not great if you have a little 4-banger lol. My aftermarket Enkei ZR2s with 235/40/18 Toyo Proxes4 weighed in an 43.2lbs.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Just looked on tire rack, most 245-35-19 are approx. 22-26 lbs. So this set up weighs in the low 50's, while stock is in the low 40's, that 20 lbs is a huge difference in rolling weight, plus i'd have to run spacers which adds even more weight..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Just got my wheels delivered! WOW they look even better in person! Can't wait to get them put on tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. My TL is an 05 RRP.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 AM
hates potatoville

What Ill probably do is ask about the tire wear on my current Pirellis which have about 19,000 miles, and see if they are showing any signs of uneven wear. I have noticed a slight pull to the left, and the actual wheel seems to be slightly off center (to the left), so maybe I should just get all that checked/fixed so my almost $800 investment in tires isnt wasted.

Glad to hear about the Conti DWS. Wow, great deal on the tires Dino, and its convenient you can do the work yourself I am gonna go with a shop that does it for $18/tire, and they have very good reviews on tirerack. Now I just have to call tomorrow to confirm the prices on the site arent really out of date before buying the tires, and having them shipped there lol.
Try tiredepot as well. I checked there first then called Discount Tire Direct who did a price match and got them for under 500 bucks with certificates shipped!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dino81
notice the black around the bead....

These are chrome?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Rims were waiting on the porch for me as soon as I got home,,,, and as soon as I opened the box I had a feeling they weren't even gonna be close to fitting, jacked up the car anyway, just to satisfy myself and low and behold,,,,, I was right, they aren't even remotely close to fitting, would need about a 1/2" spacer to clear... What a shame, they look AWESOME on the car.... Anybody with a 3G A.T. within an hours drive of NYC want them for exactly what I paid for them, before they go back to the dealer ?
Still have these?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Esco5710
These are chrome?
"Chrome Look" yes. They look much more shiny in the sun
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Still have these?
Yes, going to Fed X either tonight or tomorrow, let me know what you want to do ASAP.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Advanced

These are chrome?

Not chrome, painted to look like chrome !
Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Instructor

another question...

talked to the dealer...they are willing to swap the TPMS, however the RDX is $153, while the TL is $231, so they will swap if I pay the $80 difference...
So my question is, the TL TPMS will work no problem in these RDX rims?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Racer

These are chrome?
"chrome look" is what they call them, and yes they are brighter in the sun, BUT there is a black basecoat under there that makes them look more "black" or "ebony chrome" than MOST bling bling ghetto fab wheels.
another question...

talked to the dealer...they are willing to swap the TPMS, however the RDX is $153, while the TL is $231, so they will swap if I pay the $80 difference...
So my question is, the TL TPMS will work no problem in these RDX rims?
yes.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Racer

For all of these inquiring on running a 245/40/19 tire, heres a link.. IMO makes the 19's look smaller. mehh IMO I dont like it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/volk-gt-7-19-a-750769/
Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dino81
For all of these inquiring on running a 245/40/19 tire, heres a link.. IMO makes the 19's look smaller. mehh IMO I dont like it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750769
So you are saying I should get 245/35/19 or 235/35/19?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Yes, going to Fed X either tonight or tomorrow, let me know what you want to do ASAP.
Are these the Silver or Chrome ones? How much you asking? I'm in jersey. Will these fit my 2005 Acura TL Non type S?

Quick Reply: RDX 19" ACCESSORY WHEEL on 5AT TL