JayVee's 3G TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Well done Josh....those inserts look like they were very very well tested before shipping out....looks amazing....

you have made some serious progress in these past couple months....keep it coming bro....
Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Received 290 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
Well done Josh....those inserts look like they were very very well tested before shipping out....looks amazing....

you have made some serious progress in these past couple months....keep it coming bro....
Ummmmm...not so much. But I am dealing with that issue also. (Look closely) I also have already purchased another set as back up from DOMEDDECALZ Aaron who guarantees a perfect fit.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^ Indeed....swoosh and I were talking about this today. One question though....does the Carbon Fiber for the front logo fit to the back or is it flush with the actual logo itself? I ask because I've got an Amp'd Emblem logo on the front and don't want it to sit flush with the logo and mess up the Amp'd Emblem glow.

And can you buy just the front logo? I'm guessing it all comes as a front/back/logo set.
No, u can buy em individually. USR website u choose each item. As for the flush fitment, it fits maybe a few mm back from flush. But not sure if it will cover the glow of your ampd emblems. U may wanna contact USR for that inq. But rockstar143 seems to be sure it will.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Wow...they look great...I couldn't get em cause I'm getting the awesome Domed Decalz insert for the bumper...AND the inserts I can guarantee will cover up the amp'd emblem glow.

BUT, that said...car looks great.

Hey Jay...was your front bumper repainted!?!? The orange peel seems intense on that insert picture...

J.
Yes, from close u see it only. That is something else to deal with later on.

pm'd ya!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-28-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 AM

^^^ guess you didnt read my comment before sending me a PM with a rant LOL....

READ: Inserts and not decals....LOL....and the reason i was appreciating it was coz Steven Bell was very interested in those

EDIT: you still dont multi-quote hahahaha
Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

^^^ guess you didnt read my comment before sending me a PM with a rant LOL....

READ: Inserts and not decals....LOL....and the reason i was appreciating it was coz Steven Bell was very interested in those

EDIT: you still dont multi-quote hahahaha
I'm lost... I did read it...and No rant, just responding to your post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 AM

^^^ aaah....came across as a rant to me LOL...need more caffeine LOL....

but yeah how is the fitment on the CF Inserts?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

^^^ aaah....came across as a rant to me LOL...need more caffeine LOL....

but yeah how is the fitment on the CF Inserts?
Ehhhh... Trying to work something out at this moment so don't wanna say to much too soon. Either way, I went ahead and purchased DD set for back up. Follow up to come.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Nice progress - OEM Type-S side markers ftw
The following 2 users liked this post by guitarplayer16:
JayVee (06-26-2012), Undying Dreams (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
/red text
Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 AM

^^^ well i dont have them so i wudnt know....but from the pix of the Inserts and NOT DECALS....they looked to fit pretty well
Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Yeah the inserts seem to look good but not the bumper insert.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM

^^^ yes by inserts i was referring to the Acura Emblem Inserts....and not the bumper inserts or the Acura "decals"....

and the only reason why I was praising them is coz Steven Bell told me he was looking into it but didnt know how it will fit....

Moving the fuck along.....
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,926 Likes on 14,464 Posts
I'd like to add to that I don't KNOW for sure that it'll be a problem with the Amp'd emblem...if it was NOT a problem, I'd consider them myself. I just have a feeling that knowing how the amp'd emblems shine their light (which uses the reflection on the car's surface to be visible) would seem like they were blocked off with the inserts.

Again, I may be wrong.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

^^^ well i dont have them so i wudnt know....but from the pix of the Inserts and NOT DECALS....they looked to fit pretty well
Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
Yeah the inserts seem to look good but not the bumper insert.
^^^ yes by inserts i was referring to the Acura Emblem Inserts....and not the bumper inserts or the Acura "decals"....

and the only reason why I was praising them is coz Steven Bell told me he was looking into it but didnt know how it will fit....

Moving the fuck along.....
...Oh ok... i gotcha and as for everyone response to the bumper inserts. Your opinion is welcomed since WE are all feeling the same about one issue - FITMENT.

Thank You...that is what i am trying to say and express. I remain to stay patient and continue to work something out. Nevertheless, can't wait to get DOMEDDECALZ set... Thanks Aaron
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

unexpected mod...LOL (REPAIR) My TL is down. Left me dead at wk and had to hard jump it from the starter. *STARTER IS BAD* Buying a new one tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM

^^^ did you try smacking the starter??? am not kidding...take a little ratchet to it couple times....

another thing, couple months back my car died on me....i tried to jump start my car using my girls car and no bueno....i thought the starter was gone as well....but actually the jumper cable was dead ...try with a different jumper cable is possible...
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 PM

Keep us posted on the repair...starter shouldn't be too difficult to change.

Also, check your positive/negative wires too....from the battery, make sure good connections (in addition to the jumper suggestion from Anil).

J.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, thanks for the conversation about the Carbon Fiber inserts. Right now, I think I'm not going to do it. I would consider the front Carbon Fiber insets, if they do not fit flush to the grill logo. I already have the ACURA front bumper logo in Carbon Fiber. So I might pass on this mod.......can you believe it! LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Give it time...you might change your mind!
Wait, but you have amp'd, no!??! C'mon Steven...I was waiting on you to decide if it affects your output!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Team Owner

Jeremy, I actually have one of the original style from Amp'd Emblem on the front. It is not bright-it just subtly illuminates. So if it's flush with the OEM logo, I'm out.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 PM

You must be guinea pig (in my best 'you are getting sleeeeepppyyyyy' voices).
I do too Steven.

Actually, I had normal ones front/back, then went extreme front but it stopped working so I went back to the original one. I love it, on a dark road, it's mild enough to just be able to tell the "a" is lit.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Team Owner

^^^ Yep, that's exactly what I've got too.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM

Ok, you're not building your case for why you SHOULDN'T be the one to see if this will work!

My guess though, honestly, no...it probably won't.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Team Owner

If it fits all the way back in the logo housing, I'd do it. If it fits flush, maybe it could be trimmed down a little.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:51 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
If it fits all the way back in the logo housing, I'd do it. If it fits flush, maybe it could be trimmed down a little.
I tell you what SB, I will take a clear detailed pic of the front and rear emblems for you this weekend and post em for you...Just cause I like you I will get a angles so you can definitely get a better feel for your concern.

^^^ did you try smacking the starter??? am not kidding...take a little ratchet to it couple times....

another thing, couple months back my car died on me....i tried to jump start my car using my girls car and no bueno....i thought the starter was gone as well....but actually the jumper cable was dead ...try with a different jumper cable is possible...
Yeah, did that. Checked all cables and lines. Also gave it few good wacks (with the rod end of my paint mixer. The kind u put on a drill to mix a gallon or 5 gal. buckets of paint...Yeah, that one.) after I came home and made a attempt to run a errand but the car failed to start again. So I knew, or at least 99% sure I knew it had to be the starter. I also messed with the jumper cables making sure they were good and even had Gabe @ TCTOYZ stop by the crib with his jumper box. And there she stood, dead! So, starter it is today or tomorrow. Only $92, not bad.

Just sucks how that thing just give out w/no warnings at all and leaves you were you are...

Also, GOOD NEWS! My replacement oil tube came in for my coil over issue. I just need to remove the bad one that clunks and install all the hardware on the new tube and send my bad one back to F2 So I am happy about that at least

Looks like I have my hands full. I just wish this back pain can get better. Long story, by admitted myself to ER last Tues for a badly pulled back I was living with for 6days in pain...extreme pain. Any ways, gave me a 2 series shot in the ass and sent me on my way with some Anaprox and Flexeril... My back has been feeling great of lately, until last night for some reason. I went to roll over and BOOM! My back pulled and feels like day one again pinching on my sciatica nerve. I don't wish this shit on my enemies fellas. But, hope to get right and get to work on the TL.

Last edited by JayVee; 06-29-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:42 AM

Dang Jay...sorry to hear that, man.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH PAIN MEDS.

Also, I know this will seem obvious...but what bed do you have? Have you started sleeping on your side and throwing your leg really far over? I ask this because I sometimes do and I knock my back out BAD, to where I can barely get out of bed in the morning. Stretches help...and I started doing a bunch of core exercises too and that helped. And no more lower back with heavy weight...

Hope you figure it out!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Dang Jay...sorry to hear that, man.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH PAIN MEDS.

Also, I know this will seem obvious...but what bed do you have? Have you started sleeping on your side and throwing your leg really far over? I ask this because I sometimes do and I knock my back out BAD, to where I can barely get out of bed in the morning. Stretches help...and I started doing a bunch of core exercises too and that helped. And no more lower back with heavy weight...

Hope you figure it out!
As for a bed, I have one of those higher end $$$ Latex beds. As for sleeping, that is how I sleep sometimes. But I actually think it all happen when I ran June 14th as I do sometimes for cardio. But that specific day I was doing my jog, walk and sprint run fluctuation my exercise routine and during my sprint, I felt a pinch in my back and my front thigh muscle near my pelvis. (I forget what that muscle is...) Since, I been out of commission. Unlike u...I suck in a good over all routine. I don't do much at all for core. And that could have been the very thing that allowed this injury. Weak back & side structures.

About the meds, yeah No shit! I hate taking even a simple head ache pill or cough syrup. I am one that just waits till it gets better on its own. With these meds I can't take em as scheduled or recommended by the Dr since I am at wk starting at 3am. So I end up only taking them as needed after 12pm, IF that! Flex. I am suppose to take every 6hrs... I might take that 1x every other day since its been subscribed to me.

But man!... I tell u something and I know u can agree... This has to be the closest pain related to women being prego... This and passing a kidney stone are to 2 worst pains ever I have experienced to date.

Last edited by JayVee; 06-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM

Well, I'm very sorry to hear that Jay.
I know what you mean sorta...I've never been a baseball dude, right...well, we had a softball tournament for the United Way at work...I thought, how hard can it be...bah...didn't stretch out enough...went and pinched...when i tell you that in one movement I had a debilitating pinch and pain that made me feel like i couldn't walk for a month. I felt like I was paralyzed.

Lasted a long time too...after that, I started doing my consistent core exercises...since then it's gotten better, but I still have days where I sleep on my side and twist and end up HURTING bad.

Also, I know what you mean, weird feeling the front groin leg joint area...sometimes, in the morning I have to squat down and kinda do this frog movement and I'll hear a CLICK and it'll all be ok after that.

I hope you get better, man!
The following users liked this post:
JayVee (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM

damn Josh....careful buddy....take a TONNN of rest....that is something which will relax some muscles....

i remember messing by back up playing soccer....it started getting better and i neglected it and was playing basketball and totally messed it up....for the next few days i was not even able to sleep properly....

i recommend sleeping on the floor for a couple days....it really will help your lower back

and hey, personal health > cars health....
The following users liked this post:
JayVee (06-29-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Against what I know is best and have been told...I been a bad boy I have been busy like a bee today getting things done. Fix my car, installed my new starter...What a pain in the ass! That top 17mm bolt would break for crap! Then finally i whipped out the HUSKY breaker bar with 17mm socket and got it out. This was of course after breaking 1 rachet and one socket. The socket split on both side wide open. (Cheap tools...) And of course the entire job requires be to do what??? BENDING OVER. But for some reason my back felt awesome today. Plus, I picked up my prescrition of PredniSONE 6 day series. So if there is pain coming form todays work, it will be stopped in its tracks tonight. Beside that, I also changed out my rear driver coil over covered under warranty. Car rides like a dream now! Quiet and smooth like butter! VERY happy about that.

Well, that is it. More to come later
Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

OK, bringing a "Blast from the Past!" ... IB PROJEK is on its way. All I did was remove the seats and try to size up the IB panel, then realized I really needed to remove EVERYTHING! Including the trunk carpet I assumed I would be able to do this front front access alone also trying to see if I can keep those carpet triangle shaped angels in the trunk wall rather then cutting them. Making a attempt to keep a stock look and less dressing to the panel itself since the triangle shapes would cover alot of the panel. But looks like that will not work and complete removal of all the trunk carpet in needed to proper fit the panel.

So, now that I learned my first leasson, I will be going to Lowes to purchase another MDF board since it seems I may have cut a few inches across since the carpet in the trunk gave me a false facia of what I needed in space and what needed to be removed before this actual panel fitting...Hey, I am learning But DOING WERK SON! Double werk! lol

Old 07-01-2012, 07:18 PM

Nice work, bud...keep us updated!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Nice work, bud...keep us updated!
No doubt... I just received a good install tip in my audio inquiry thread. I will give a crack at it again soon.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Team Owner

Wow, I thought I was looking at the inside of swoosh's car for a second....
Old 07-02-2012, 03:15 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

lol!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 AM

@ steven....

project is coming along great Josh....slowly but steadily eh....

how is ya back feeling now ???
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

@ steven....

project is coming along great Josh....slowly but steadily eh....

how is ya back feeling now ???
I am now on PredniSTONE steroids plus my already prescribed Flexeril...Back is doing much better. Obviously I am finally able to get to wk and move around better. I feel right about a 90% recovered but not out of the clear just yet. Like working on my car and any general movement, I am always looking for the best way possible to move or find leverage holding on to something. I am taking it slowly and gingerly but definitely feeling better. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 AM

How does the car feel with some of that weight taken out?!!?!? That diet might bite you too!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

How does the car feel with some of that weight taken out?!!?!? That diet might bite you too!
Idk...I just drove it to wk at 230am for the first time since. I know road noise is LOUDER...Geeez, U hear everything now
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

another 3/4 MDF 2X4 bought yesterday Back to the drawing board. This time I will be doing my measurements and fitting from the trunk side rather from the interior as I was told on my audio thread. But first, remove all the remaining int. pcs to get the most accurate measurement and tight fit for the IB Panel itself. When that is fitted and cut out, wiring and deadening will come next.

In my head it looks so much easier...lol

Quick Reply: JayVee's 3G TL