Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
Good to know! Thanks! Maybe mine are broken too
Old 04-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Haha yeah that was me. My last name is actually Yugoslavian but my dad has some Serbian in him as well as some Dutch. My mom is mostly German and has some Irish in her too.

My heritage is just a cluster-fuck
yea I thought so. Your last name is Serbian, now that there is no more Yugoslavia haha
Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
Good to know! Thanks! Maybe mine are broken too
Mine are back now. Yay

Originally Posted by myron
yea I thought so. Your last name is Serbian, now that there is no more Yugoslavia haha
Haha I know, what a bummer.

Since Photobucket is done doing updates, I can post pictures! Look closely, you can see the line around the tire where I rub...

It's not bad, but it's starting to get annoying. My girlfriend was driving beside me today and she said my car smelt like burning rubber because we kept going over bumps and shit in the road

As you know, I don't have any centercaps on my wheels as of right now. The Type-S nor the original Gunmetal centercaps match the powdercoated color. Here are some pictures for reference. Type-S have the black "A" while the Gunmetal ones have the raised chrome "A"...

As you can see, in some lighting and angles, they both seem to match. As soon as I move the cap a little, it looks totally off. Opinions?

Also, I have a presentation for my communication class where I have to teach people how to do something. People are so lazy nowadays that I thought it would be cool to show people how to mount a spare tire. I knew the donut was smaller than the regular sized tire but DAMN, look at this pussy ass thing...

And just a random shot I took once I packed up everything from the project...

Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Well done, my friend... Well done, indeed.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 AM

I think the type S ones look pretty damned close! I would probably throw those on.
I remember when I totalled my EP, the insurance guy told me I could keep my rims since I had just put new tires on. I put the car on 4 doughnuts...I said "are you sure you meant 'as long as it rolls'??". lol...

PS...I bought a set of akata spacers for my fiance's accord...good quality, by the makers of vossen wheels. Only $75 shipped. Was pretty impressed. In case you decide to do a 15MM spacer and sell your 20 and put some money back in your pocket. OR, see where your tire is rubbing by looking for the missing paint on the fender and roll it more!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think you should go with the one with the raise A
Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I honestly think you could get away with the Type-S centercaps. I was at the dealer last weekend and there was a 4G with the 18" SH-AWD rims, maybe it was the lighting, but the centercaps were clearly a different shade. It looked nice actually.

And nice demo. The donut on the TL (or any car) is hideous.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice car man. everything was done tastefully.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Well you found how to fix the rubbing issue, mount 4 spares! lmao
Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
Well done, my friend... Well done, indeed.
Sean. How are you sir? I haven't seen you on here much recently.

I think the type S ones look pretty damned close! I would probably throw those on.
I remember when I totalled my EP, the insurance guy told me I could keep my rims since I had just put new tires on. I put the car on 4 doughnuts...I said "are you sure you meant 'as long as it rolls'??". lol...

PS...I bought a set of akata spacers for my fiance's accord...good quality, by the makers of vossen wheels. Only $75 shipped. Was pretty impressed. In case you decide to do a 15MM spacer and sell your 20 and put some money back in your pocket. OR, see where your tire is rubbing by looking for the missing paint on the fender and roll it more!
I'm torn on what set to put on but I'm still enjoying the "centercap-less" look.

I've seen plenty of cars rolling on only donuts, pretty funny sight.

Holy crap, $75? That's it? I got both sets of mine for $230

Originally Posted by Sandals
i think you should go with the one with the raise A
Those are the original Gunmetal centercaps. I think I like those more than the Type-S as well, but I just wish the A was black.

Originally Posted by cjTL
I honestly think you could get away with the Type-S centercaps. I was at the dealer last weekend and there was a 4G with the 18" SH-AWD rims, maybe it was the lighting, but the centercaps were clearly a different shade. It looked nice actually.

And nice demo. The donut on the TL (or any car) is hideous.
I really like the Type-S caps because of the black "A"s. They match my front and rear emblems

I had a flat a few years back and I put the donut on the car and made my dad switch cars with me. I refused to drive it with the spare

Originally Posted by Tebaz06TL
very nice car man. everything was done tastefully.
Thank you sir! It took me a while to figure out what the hell I was doing with this car but I'm satisfied with it now.

Originally Posted by alexSU
Well you found how to fix the rubbing issue, mount 4 spares! lmao
HELLAsunk son! It's weird though, I think the left side rubs more than the right. Must be my fat ass weighing that side down

Has anyone ever watched Wheeler Dealers on HD Theater? I was watching it today and they bought and (sorta) restored an original Morris Mini for 1100 pounds (~$1798). I really want one now. Maybe I should part out the TL and buy one?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 PM

PS...

What's up with the tags of this thread? "fort, letter, lowrider, worth"?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Sean. How are you sir? I haven't seen you on here much recently.
Doing well. Just moved back to civilization. It's a nice change.

I've been highly considering spacers for my base wheels. Just not entirely sure I want to go that route, especially with the risks of rubbing. Looks great, tho!

Photoshoot sometime soon?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
Doing well. Just moved back to civilization. It's a nice change.

I've been highly considering spacers for my base wheels. Just not entirely sure I want to go that route, especially with the risks of rubbing. Looks great, tho!

Photoshoot sometime soon?
Glad to hear you're back

What size tire are you running? With the stockies you're going to have to TRY to rub. I think there's a member here with 25mm spacers on the rear stockies and he doesn't rub. I rub because I'm running a 245 and also because my wheels are 8.5" wide, not the usual 8". 15mm all around on your car would look dope!

Come to the National Acurazine meet in Kansas City and we can have a shoot
Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
uneven wear on the tires FTL!... a little late to the party here, but i saw the wheels in person, they look awesome. Tyler, once we get the ride detailed it will look amazing. why not paint the centercaps black?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice tyler...havent been around much lately, and very impressed w/ the progess
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Tyler here's an idea take the caps with the chrome emblem and take them emblem off and get those coated to match the black out the emblems since your theme is white/gm/black. See how that'll look or just close up those holes on the caps and have them like that in the coated color. Later on you can always add something like a vinyl decal or whatever.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
uneven wear on the tires FTL!... a little late to the party here, but i saw the wheels in person, they look awesome. Tyler, once we get the ride detailed it will look amazing. why not paint the centercaps black?
Thanks Frank! I've considered painting the centercaps but I'm enjoying the centercap-less look right now.

Originally Posted by TypeSinNC
very nice tyler...havent been around much lately, and very impressed w/ the progess
Brandon. Thanks man! I hope you and the TL-S have been doing well

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Tyler here's an idea take the caps with the chrome emblem and take them emblem off and get those coated to match the black out the emblems since your theme is white/gm/black. See how that'll look or just close up those holes on the caps and have them like that in the coated color. Later on you can always add something like a vinyl decal or whatever.
Excellent idea sir! I need to figure out how to take the emblem off though. I believe they are held on by rivets.

So I typed out this huge long post and my effing Safari randomly shut down on me and I lost everything Here's a summary of what I said...

-Ordered 2 new tires. Same ones as I have now but 235 width instead of 245.
-Ordered new brakes since my current ones are warped to shit. Used the "Build Your Own Brakes Package" and selected the following options:

Front Rotors: Racingbrake Ultra Performance (Open-Slot) 1-Piece, RAB.90761-181.5
Front Pads: Racingbrake ET500, RAB.PD787-35.3
Rear Rotors: Racingbrake High Performance (Slot), RAB.9094R-111
Rear Pads: Racingbrake ET500, RAB.PD537-35.3
Brake Fluid & Lines: Fastline Brake Lines

Here's what the front rotors will look like...

Rear rotors...

I'm excited

Also I'm in the process of contacting BlueBatmobile to get the precut gloss black vinyl for the roof. I would really like that on the car in time for the National Meet in June
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yay finally a black roof
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts

Good choice on the rotors too. I had the RB rotors on the CL for about 30k miles with no issues.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
I like the gunmetal centercaps too man. If you could get them coated that would be good, no idea how much that would cost lol! Car is looking really good Tyler, clean! I'm probably rolling to the national Azine meet too. Not finalized yet, but I'm about 80% sure I'll go.

Nice choice on the brakes, I ordered his all-around stage 1 upgrade kit from Heeltoe, only difference is I'm getting ET300 pads instead of 500. It's a really solid package, especially for like $575 shipped! Also got some sweet gunmetal RAYS locking lugs to protect the RonJons...think someone tried to jack one of 'em the other day. It was loose and that's the only thing I can think of...bastards Luckily the local Honda dealer was able to re-torque everything for me before someone got hurt...thank God.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:58 PM

^ A lot of guys from CO are heading to the meet. You should tag along.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stepien20
Yay finally a black roof
I hope! Ideally I want it on the car before the meet but I'm not going to stress myself out over it.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr

Good choice on the rotors too. I had the RB rotors on the CL for about 30k miles with no issues.
Godo to hear. Any reason why you got rid of them?

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
I like the gunmetal centercaps too man. If you could get them coated that would be good, no idea how much that would cost lol! Car is looking really good Tyler, clean! I'm probably rolling to the national Azine meet too. Not finalized yet, but I'm about 80% sure I'll go.

Nice choice on the brakes, I ordered his all-around stage 1 upgrade kit from Heeltoe, only difference is I'm getting ET300 pads instead of 500. It's a really solid package, especially for like $575 shipped! Also got some sweet gunmetal RAYS locking lugs to protect the RonJons...think someone tried to jack one of 'em the other day. It was loose and that's the only thing I can think of...bastards Luckily the local Honda dealer was able to re-torque everything for me before someone got hurt...thank God.
I can't get the centercaps powdercoated because they will melt in the oven. I could order colormatched paint but I have to buy a minimum of 6 cans at over $100

I had a really good time on HeelToe building my brake packages and such. I was torn between getting the ET300 or ET500 pads but I decided to go with the 500. At least I know that if I don't like these that I can get the 300s

Congrats on the lugs! I want to see them! Sucks some bastard tried to take them but at least you got there before it happened and got everything squared away.

^ A lot of guys from CO are heading to the meet. You should tag along.
He can't come
Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by cltothetl32
godo to hear. Any reason why you got rid of them?
bbk.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM

bbk.
Ah yes, I forgot about that.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Where the hell is the color of the powder lol I need to know these things! Car looks killer! I would've had them throw a little gloss killer in though?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 AM

The raise "A" on the center cap...the chrome one?!? It is NOT held on by a rivet...it's just 2 pins like the rear emblem to help you line it up...heat gun to soften the glue and fishing line and you can get em off. Mine were held on after with little strips of double sided tape that I put 2 of on either side of the A. never went anywhere!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Where the hell is the color of the powder lol I need to know these things! Car looks killer! I would've had them throw a little gloss killer in though?
John. Glad to see you found your way into my thread

Here's the color the wheels were done:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/IRO...L_GLIMMER.html

I hope to have some parts to you by the end of the year. Sounds like a long time but I'm keeping the car until it dies so I'm in no rush

When I first saw the wheels, they weren't glossy at all and I didn't like the color. I asked them to do a few coats of clear and I fell in love. The wheels seemed to become a bit darker and looked brand new, which was the look I was going for. Looking back at it I should have gotten them darker but I still love how they turned out. Whenever I get an aftermarket set of wheels I'll send them directly to you

The raise "A" on the center cap...the chrome one?!? It is NOT held on by a rivet...it's just 2 pins like the rear emblem to help you line it up...heat gun to soften the glue and fishing line and you can get em off. Mine were held on after with little strips of double sided tape that I put 2 of on either side of the A. never went anywhere!
Oh wtf, really? I'll have to look into that a bit more then. Black emblems on the gunmetal centercaps would be

Thanks for the tip Jeremy

Alright I'm typing this update and hoping my computer doesn't take a shit on me every time I try to post in this damn thread

Anyways the fuck head previous owner of my car enjoyed parking the car under trees. Sap from the trees fell on the car, more importantly the black strips on the roof, and stained them. Look...

With the black vinyl for my roof on it's way, I couldn't install that and have those strips look like total ass. I bought a can of this ish...

...taped off everything...

...sprayed 3 coats ...

...removed the shit...

...and here's the final result...

Much better I think! Yes I did the other side as well, I just didn't take pictures.

Also, my box from HeelToe came in today

Hmmm what could all of that shit be? Fronts are pictured first, open-slotted

Rear set are regular slotted...

Pretty stupid to take pictures of brake pads still in the packaging, but it's better than no pictures. ET500 all around...

Focus fail...

Unfortunately HT forgot to put my Fastline Stainless Steel Brake Lines in the box along with this shit. I e-mailed them about an hour ago and I hope to hear from them sometime tomorrow. I'm having this shit installed next week so I hope they can get them to me soon!

I hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
^wow more mods. nice progress
Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Yes sir...black A's will be awesome...
And PS...because I've done it a billion times (same with my lugs)...you can paint the A, take them off, put them in a tupperware with Goof Off (THE goof off, not something similar) and shake it, it activates something because the paint will fall right off, even after a long time.

Just don't sand the A's first...they won't chip anyway. So paint em black, or check out the anodized colors...
This works with your lugs too...to put paint on and take it off, super easy.

About the roof channels...that was my first "mod"...lol...they had been totally corroded and ugly, first $115 bucks I spent on this car. Wish I known about the plastidip at the time. Also, I was able to reuse all the same clips so you probably could have taken it off the car and put back on...but your way worked too!

Nicely done, sir!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
NIce work with the plasti-dip. You may want to remove those weatherstrips when installing the vinyl. It makes the install look so much cleaner
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 AM

If plasti-dip cracks then it may ruin your work becasue IIRC the channels are flexible.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
The plastidip should be fine...its really just like sprayable latex/rubber. Thats what I used to repaint the "A" in my centercaps a while ago and its held up just fine even with wheel cleaner, etc.

As for the brakes, I'm jealous. Slotted rotors look so nice. So do those pads fit in the stock calipers or what?

So much for not spending more money on your car!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
nice... some rotors....and plasti-dip FTW!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Tyler, I'm glad your package from HeelToe came. My Sports Springs had to be reordered, so they'll be here Wednesday of next week. Get those bad boys on, young squire!

2011 National AcuraZine Meet-Kansas City-June 12, 2011-Details Here!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Great work on those roof strips... I had the exact same problem on my 2G and had no idea how to fix it...really bothered me!! Be sure to let us know how the brakes feel, and keep up the good work!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Hey Tyler, are those rotors larger than stock?!?!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
looks great tyler!

can't wait to see the installed pics man.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Tyler you're gonna love those brakes trust me. Did you get the SS lines too? I didn't do my rears yet I'll probably do those next year or so.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by omnuts
^wow more mods. nice progress
Yezzir, thanks! My current rotors are warped to shit, I've never had good luck with OEM rotors and pads, so I decided to go aftermarket. I hope these work out!

Yes sir...black A's will be awesome...
And PS...because I've done it a billion times (same with my lugs)...you can paint the A, take them off, put them in a tupperware with Goof Off (THE goof off, not something similar) and shake it, it activates something because the paint will fall right off, even after a long time.

Just don't sand the A's first...they won't chip anyway. So paint em black, or check out the anodized colors...
This works with your lugs too...to put paint on and take it off, super easy.

About the roof channels...that was my first "mod"...lol...they had been totally corroded and ugly, first $115 bucks I spent on this car. Wish I known about the plastidip at the time. Also, I was able to reuse all the same clips so you probably could have taken it off the car and put back on...but your way worked too!

Nicely done, sir!
Damn Jeremy, you're the man! Even though I'm still enjoying the "centercap-less" look, I should go ahead and work on getting those done. I really appreciate the insight

Originally Posted by TLDude876
NIce work with the plasti-dip. You may want to remove those weatherstrips when installing the vinyl. It makes the install look so much cleaner
I most likely will. I've heard the clips underneath break easily so I may just leave them on and see if I can just push the vinyl underneath.

If plasti-dip cracks then it may ruin your work becasue IIRC the channels are flexible.
It SHOULDN'T crack, but you never know.

Originally Posted by cjTL
The plastidip should be fine...its really just like sprayable latex/rubber. Thats what I used to repaint the "A" in my centercaps a while ago and its held up just fine even with wheel cleaner, etc.

As for the brakes, I'm jealous. Slotted rotors look so nice. So do those pads fit in the stock calipers or what?

So much for not spending more money on your car!
I hope it holds up! The vinyl should be here in about a week.

Yeah the pads fit in the stock calipers. I used the "Build Your Own Brake Package" on HeelToe and you select whether or not you have the Brembos or not and it automatically narrows down your selection of rotors and pads based on that.

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
nice... some rotors....and plasti-dip FTW!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Tyler, I'm glad your package from HeelToe came. My Sports Springs had to be reordered, so they'll be here Wednesday of next week. Get those bad boys on, young squire!
Thanks Steven! Sorry you'e gotta wait longer for your springs but they are worth it! I look forward to seeing your car in person in about a month

Originally Posted by BigPZ
Great work on those roof strips... I had the exact same problem on my 2G and had no idea how to fix it...really bothered me!! Be sure to let us know how the brakes feel, and keep up the good work!
Thanks! I couldn't justify spending $350+ for those stupid things so I spent $12 and an afternoon instead. The brakes should be going on the car in about a week. HeelToe is sending my SS brake lines soon

Hey Tyler, are those rotors larger than stock?!?!
Nope! They look it, especially when you're holding them, but they're not.

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
looks great tyler!

can't wait to see the installed pics man.
Thanks Aaron

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Tyler you're gonna love those brakes trust me. Did you get the SS lines too? I didn't do my rears yet I'll probably do those next year or so.
I hope so sir! Yeah I ordered the SS lines but HT forgot to put them in the box. He just got some fresh ones in and I'll be getting them sometime this week!

So next week I'll have the two new tires put on, rotors, pads, and brake lines. I'm at 995xx right now and REALLY not trying to hit 100k, even though it's inevitable
Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Good to see you got the brake stuff Tyler! Mine came in as well...heavy ass box lol! The Fedex guy looked at me weird when he tried to pick up this unassuming little box and almost hurt himself...

Hopefully my gunmetal Rays lugs will get here soon so I can install all this stuff by June. Wanna do it all at once. The rotors are quality btw!

Wish I could come to that KC nat'l meet...I will be looking forward to the pics for sure!

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!