Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Thank you Anil for the update! Rodney did get back to me last night and said pretty much the same thing, except about the part of another month of not getting my money! I know you have no control of this, but getting a check from the other guy, waiting for it to clear, and sending me a check should not take a month.

This is at least promising that Rodney is doing something about this, but Rockstar is completely right, he should have definitely taken out a small business loan so he has money for situations like this. It is not wise business practice to put the risk on the customers. Part of starting a business is taking that risk of things not going quite right, but not at the expense of customers.

Again, at least I see a glimmer of hope that I will see my money, but I'll believe it when I actually have it...
The following users liked this post:
veggiemonster (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
laughable.

just delaying the inevitable shitty outcome.

we'll see what happens this time next month.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
I feel you Chad....

but he works a job + family + this....i work a desk job and hence talk/text him couple times and post it up here (as am on Azine anyway)....i doubt if i have missed an update....KN beat me to couple updates but well....LOL....

but i will tell him to get on here just couple times to see whats going on.....
why does he have time to reply to you and no one else? sure you facilitated, but it's their money not yours. he def needs to step up.
The following 2 users liked this post by veggiemonster:
SharksBreath (05-30-2012), Sonnick (05-31-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Thank you Anil for the update! Rodney did get back to me last night and said pretty much the same thing, except about the part of another month of not getting my money! I know you have no control of this, but getting a check from the other guy, waiting for it to clear, and sending me a check should not take a month.

This is at least promising that Rodney is doing something about this, but Rockstar is completely right, he should have definitely taken out a small business loan so he has money for situations like this. It is not wise business practice to put the risk on the customers. Part of starting a business is taking that risk of things not going quite right, but not at the expense of customers.

Again, at least I see a glimmer of hope that I will see my money, but I'll believe it when I actually have it...
i just added couple weeks to what he told me....we know how this thread has gone so far hence wanted to add sometime rather than tell you 1 week/2 weeks and you not seeing anything

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
laughable.

just delaying the inevitable shitty outcome.

we'll see what happens this time next month.
yes i laughed when you said Rodney wont return his money and Peter came on and posted Rodney did talk to him last night....no seriously i LOL-ed

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
why does he have time to reply to you and no one else? sure you facilitated, but it's their money not yours. he def needs to step up.
you bet....he needs to....i did tell him to come online and start replying to the post here....honesty seems like am making more enemies than friends even thow all am doing is helping out by replying on here....

not once did i tell Peter not to file a complaint or some....i just told him what i heard from Rodney....he is more than welcome to do anything he wishes to....

but i do agree Rodney should come on here more often and answer requests/complaints/concerns.....am just pushing him to ship everything out ASAP so that he can come on here and post some updates and then answer the concerns...
Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
yes i laughed when you said Rodney wont return his money and Peter came on and posted Rodney did talk to him last night....no seriously i LOL-ed
that's great man. i laughed when i heard it's been months since he's gotten a refund and it'll be another "month" until he gets one.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM

^^^ bottom line...we both LOL-ed

Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by r3devi7
Just stopping by, I have yet to see tracking #s either.
did you ever get it yet? i just emailed him. hopefully its shipped.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
whoah! you're playing with fire, anil...so you arbitrarily spoke for Rodney and added 2 weeks to his return payment to Peter?

I'll give you the same advice you once gave me...and given the path this thread is taking and the fact that you love this forum as much as me and I'm sure would prefer to remain in everyone's good graces...let the vendor speak for himself. Letting him know there's a thread and some serious unanswered questions is one thing, but being the go between is bad business for everyone involved.

Tell the wizard to come on out! No more swoosh curtain!

And again, I'm not badmouthing Rodney, he seems like a good dude that wants to pioneer some much needed aftermarket for our JDM wannabe machines.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
So has everyone seen Rodney's J35 Turbo integra he has been building for the last few months and RECENTLY tracking...

http://www.youtube.com/user/2004rodney

Just adding fuel while im still waiting for my ECU and Harness..
Old 05-30-2012, 09:30 PM

So, you're pointing out that his priorities are a little off then?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

^ No. Everybody has their free time to do their thing. But....... If you can build/track a car, you can refund someone their money...

i still need an answer for my 2006 harness that aren't available..
The following 2 users liked this post by InFaMouSLink:
rockstar143 (05-31-2012), veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
i still need an answer for my 2006 harness that aren't available..
so thats where my ECU stands as well.
no 2006 harness.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Building a track car?

Doesn't that take a lot of money?

I have heard that buulding a track car is like being hooked on crack?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
^ Civics make great track cars, everything in abundance, and cheap. lol

Originally Posted by Noober
did you ever get it yet? i just emailed him. hopefully its shipped.
Dont see anything yet.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts

"everything in abundance, and cheap" like this economical build?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
^ is this where all our money is being spent?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Over 550 whp on a j35 turbo'd integra. Those are some beefed up axles.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

By any chance, is that the motor of the dude that crashed his car less than month of after building it and making over 550 whp turbo'd? I remember rodney selling it for around 9K when it happened. Add the turbo, the ECU, the motor mounts, tranny, fabrication, tuning, those axles, and the integra body itself and that's more than 20K . But the wire tucked turbo'd j35 integra looks clean as hell.
veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 06:15 AM

I was being sarcastic, of course you're implying that...if his hobby was carving wood, sure, no problem...it's free and people would understand that he's broke...but like Tim said, it's like crack and there's some serious dough being spent on that badboy pictured above.
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
InFaMouSLink (05-31-2012), veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by r3devi7
^ Civics make great track cars, everything in abundance, and cheap. lol

Dont see anything yet.
where's a civic?

anyway, there's diarrhea spewing from your mouth. I spy AT LEAST 10k dollars of shit. the guess of 20k is more realistic, but thinking he got a massive deal....

this is getting super shady...

10-15 sets of deposits, 6-7 paid in full? that about covers it (I'm not going back to see the list)

throw in that the MS3 kits(without assembly) are less than the deposit...getting super duper shady.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Does anyone have a link for said 2006 harness? Anyone thought about just making one? Assuming you can source the plugs?

And Alex, nice find. LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

It wasn't a find. i've been known about this build and seen all the Youtube videos(subscribed). Its May 31st. I dont have my shit. I just dont care anymore... Either i'll get my ECU within this month(june) or i'll get my money back. I have the Luxury of being able not to care since i dont DD my TL but at the same time, im no sucker.. Business is business. I was just making aware to MY forum members whats already out there and speculated NOTHING from what I have seen. Everyone can come to their own conclusion on things...

Enjoy the vidoes while you can cuz I know the spy's will surely report whats going on... ( ANIL - THIS IS NOT DIRECTED IN A BAD WAY OR JUST TO YOU LOL, you still my dude)
Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Going to work now but i'll post up my review of the fuel pump assembly that could've went wrong if i didn't open it up... And they say not to....
Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Going to work now but i'll post up my review of the fuel pump assembly that could've went wrong if i didn't open it up... And they say not to....
Definitely interested in what you found. Not sure who is doing these things for them but they aren't very good or doing them the same way twice.

My FPR clip was pulled out by a misplaced strap and the plunger came out while I was out driving.

Things aren't looking good for JnR these days. I have been defending him but with these latest findings, I can't excuse that. A refund should be given immediately no matter what the financial situation.

I can understand the waiting for the product, it took me almost 7 months to get my ECU after paying in full but I did get a deal since I was the first to do so. They were also in development which is different than what is going on right now. I offered to help with assembly and whatever so as some are saying, there might be something else going on.

With all this, it will probably mark the end of my mods. But to anyone who is having problems with their ECU's, it will run correctly once it is tuned. My car is running the best it has since I started the FI project with the exception of starting. Not quite the same as stock but pretty close. Other than that, idle, acceleration and WOT are all great. Last step is to get my WMI installed and get it on a dyno.

I hope you all get what you paid for.
The following 4 users liked this post by KN_TL:
BostonSilverTypeS (05-31-2012), SharksBreath (05-31-2012), Sonnick (05-31-2012), veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
where's a civic?

anyway, there's diarrhea spewing from your mouth. I spy AT LEAST 10k dollars of shit. the guess of 20k is more realistic, but thinking he got a massive deal....

this is getting super shady...

10-15 sets of deposits, 6-7 paid in full? that about covers it (I'm not going back to see the list)

throw in that the MS3 kits(without assembly) are less than the deposit...getting super duper shady.
I know its an Integra, Inaccurate posted the pic. I have those same DSS axles in my K swap Civic, so I know what those cost. Super Shady is right. Hoping I get my ecu soon. Probably going to just resale it anyways. My TL has under 50k and with the way things are going, I dont know if the cons really out weigh the benefits. I have been holding off on saying anything along those lines, as I dont want to get shafted before I even have anything tangible in my hands. But there it is.
veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Same thing. FPR clip was not properly installed. The way the FPR was "crushed" warpped the housing. But it doesn't affect it, the can was FILTHY, the FPRwas installed with the drain holes at around 4/9 instead of 6/12 and 1 of the zipties was hitting the plunger thing and would not let it go all the way down. Its still not installed until I install my fp gauge. When I spoke to rodney about this, all he could say was it was his fault... that's not a acceptable answer when my car/motor is on the line and he specifically request that you buy the assembly from him already built. I'll post up pics in a few. I'm just sitting in traffic

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 05-31-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM

^^^ where are ze pix Alex ???? i want to see what to look for....

PS: Got an updated (via text) from Rodney:

1st text: "Harnesses are back in stock so I should have them shortly"
2nd text: "I did see the thread and am not going to get in a pissing match with them but i know i will, but i have to take payment from gary and then refund peter I already spoke with him and just decide to pull out of the GB like that he will have to wait as im not paying him out of pocket but rather with the ecu order money"

I would like to say couple things here:

some people on the thread WHO DONT have the ECU are just adding fuel to the fire....i would appreciate if this is kept as a discussion thread rather than a pointing finger thread....as far as the time delay, I completely understand THIS IS NOT RIGHT...not the RIGHT WAY to conduct business....I am getting excited to see my ECU and other goodies as well but we are not arriving at any conclusion with just point fingers....WE ARE JUST DERAILING THE THREAD....

Issues on the thread:
1> Peters refund
2> Multiple awaiting orders
3> ALEX's issues with the fuel pump

can we not talk about anything other than these 3 issues....???

1> Peter's refund has been addressed (not resolved, addressed !!!) and he will be getting a refund within sometime....at this point its his choice to either way or take some other actions....I leave it upto him....I also text Rodney to send Peter a postdated check and Rodney will talk to Peter about it and close this issue.....

2> Outstanding orders....as updated the harnesses will be with Rodney in a few days and hence the outstanding orders will be fulfilled.....

3> Alex's issues with the FPR, lets talk about this....
Old 05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Safety Car

Same thing. FPR clip was not properly installed. The way the FPR was "crushed" warpped the housing. But it doesn't affect it, the can was FILTHY, the FPRwas installed with the drain holes at around 4/9 instead of 6/12 and 1 of the zipties was hitting the plunger thing and would not let it go all the way down. Its still not installed until I install my fp gauge. When I spoke to rodney about this, all he could say was it was his fault... that's not a acceptable answer when my car/motor is on the line and he specifically request that you buy the assembly from him already built. I'll post up pics in a few. I'm just sitting in traffic
Thanks. I removed my FPR and reinstalled it per the service manual but now you have me wondering. I do remember it noting the orientation so I am pretty sure I have it right.

Thankfully when mine failed, I was taking it easy. Noticed it starting to struggle on acceleration and limped home.

With regard to the tie wraps, do you think that is an issue? The housing is plastic and it is true that they get brittle but there isn't any movement so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I checked other threads on pump upgrades and many people use plastic tie wraps. If you know anything different I'd definitely be interested.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Race Director

Ok one final thing from me then.

If I were to order and pay in full for an ECU today, when would I expect to receive it?
Sonnick (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Safety Car

^^^ where are ze pix Alex ???? i want to see what to look for....

PS: Got an updated (via text) from Rodney:

1st text: "Harnesses are back in stock so I should have them shortly"
2nd text: "I did see the thread and am not going to get in a pissing match with them but i know i will, but i have to take payment from gary and then refund peter I already spoke with him and just decide to pull out of the GB like that he will have to wait as im not paying him out of pocket but rather with the ecu order money"

I would like to say couple things here:

some people on the thread WHO DONT have the ECU are just adding fuel to the fire....i would appreciate if this is kept as a discussion thread rather than a pointing finger thread....as far as the time delay, I completely understand THIS IS NOT RIGHT...not the RIGHT WAY to conduct business....I am getting excited to see my ECU and other goodies as well but we are not arriving at any conclusion with just point fingers....WE ARE JUST DERAILING THE THREAD....

Issues on the thread:
1> Peters refund
2> Multiple awaiting orders
3> ALEX's issues with the fuel pump

can we not talk about anything other than these 3 issues....???

1> Peter's refund has been addressed (not resolved, addressed !!!) and he will be getting a refund within sometime....at this point its his choice to either way or take some other actions....I leave it upto him....I also text Rodney to send Peter a postdated check and Rodney will talk to Peter about it and close this issue.....

2> Outstanding orders....as updated the harnesses will be with Rodney in a few days and hence the outstanding orders will be fulfilled.....

3> Alex's issues with the FPR, lets talk about this....
Did you suggest to Rodney that he is losing credibility by not responding even if it does get heated?

I think I've been trying to say the same thing so I hope people listen to you and not start comparing your manhood.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Drifting

anil....what the fuck are you doing getting in the middle here? this is about to become a legal matter, you do NOT want to be jumping in like this anymore.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Ok one final thing from me then.

If I were to order and pay in full for an ECU today, when would I expect to receive it?
he is not taking any new orders until the GB is done....

once the orders are shipped out, he will confirm they have the harnesses in stock before taking the order....is they are in stock you are looking at a 4 week turnaround....if the harness is not in stock he will not take your order, or it will be a wait until they come in stock (could be 2 weeks, could be 3 months).....

hope that answers your question....

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Did you suggest to Rodney that he is losing credibility by not responding even if it does get heated?

I think I've been trying to say the same thing so I hope people listen to you and not start comparing your manhood.
i told him bro....i text him yesterday to show up and post something.....he said he will when he ships out all the orders....

this is sooo not how i expected this to go down....in my head, all the orders would have been fulfilled before end of April and all members who ordered would have been posting "thanks for the GB" and "the ECU is so awesome".....

but sometimes things dont go as you expect
Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Race Director

anil....what the fuck are you doing getting in the middle here? this is about to become a legal matter, you do NOT want to be jumping in like this anymore.
Dammit Sean listen to the man and shush it.

Edit: Anil, thanks. Mods may want to redo the first post if that's the case.

Last edited by maharajamd; 05-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 AM

am just posting updates here buddy....and i would really appreciate if we kept this on topic....

Rodney is at work and am gonna talk to him later today....I will FORCE him (seriously) to come on here and post....

but i pushed Rodney to become a vendor on here (even thow in the end it was his decision) but seems like if no one post updates here it will worse than it already is....no ?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Pic time!!! Sorry for crappy phone pics but i was literally taking pics with rodney on the phone. Also forgot to mention, i had a pinched wire (FPR ground that sits in the Gasoline)

Before - Clip not installed properly

FPR not installed properly

Pinched wired

Zip tie action

OEM specs

Crushed/warped FPR

Properly installed clip

Properly installed FPR
The following 2 users liked this post by InFaMouSLink:
BostonSilverTypeS (05-31-2012), swoosh (05-31-2012)
Race Director

This thread is pretty divided as it is. Look at the title. Is this a GB thread or a dyno/gains/discussion thread? Lol

I'm in for more updates but the reality is no one other then a few have any products to actually update about. The only updates, other then yours, coming down the line are all negatives.

I, unlike some, will say thanks for your dedication. Even though I don't own the product being discussed. Probably been stressful and it isn't even your gig! I hope some major discounts have been granted to you. But it would make a much bigger impact if the man behind the curtain were making the same exact updates himself.
The following 2 users liked this post by maharajamd:
rockstar143 (05-31-2012), Sonnick (05-31-2012)
Drifting

after that one, I think you should let it be, and leave it up to him. YOU are taking the flak for him, don't. HE needs to take care of his business. I don't think you facilitating for him will encourage him to jump on. It seems as though he really benefits from using you as a shield of sorts, and wants to keep it that way. (what I think those texts told, read: 'pissing match' comment)

edit: anil I'm def with the other guys. I know this must be hard to deal with since you invested a LOT of time calling/texting him, reporting here, keeping track of the payments too. Sorry it got shitty buddy.

Last edited by veggiemonster; 05-31-2012 at 10:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by veggiemonster:
rockstar143 (05-31-2012), Sonnick (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Safety Car

i told him bro....i text him yesterday to show up and post something.....he said he will when he ships out all the orders....

this is sooo not how i expected this to go down....in my head, all the orders would have been fulfilled before end of April and all members who ordered would have been posting "thanks for the GB" and "the ECU is so awesome".....

but sometimes things dont go as you expect
I hear ya. I know you were doing him and others a favor by organizing this. And really, it should have gone so much smoother than it did.
Sonnick (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 AM

Alex....that looks AWFUL !!! am glad you decided to reinstall everything....i will talk to Rodney and see why it was put together in a piss-poor manner....and what we can do to avoid it in the future....

Chad....i am not making any $$$ of this....and since it was a GB i didnt get any "special" discounts either....and i agree, if things were going good and i was updating, EVERYONE would have been happy.....but since things are not going as expected, people do expect the PERSON RESPONSIBLE to step up and update....at that point my updating is not satisfactory....I will have him post on here today

EDIT:
Sean: i guess i will have to either stop updating and let him do it, or just post updates and have him handle the issues

Kurt: well i am pretty optimistic, so gonna say "things can only get better from here"
The following 3 users liked this post by swoosh:
r3devi7 (05-31-2012), rockstar143 (05-31-2012), veggiemonster (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Here was my failure:

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)