Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by Joey tl
there are 10+ people who have received their MS3, just want some feed back on how they are enjoying it/solving issues if any.

I'm happy with my MS3. I have some bug i want to fix. I received a new MSQ from Rodney and it didnt fix any of my bugs.

I did tune it from a reputable tuner and it still needs work. I wish I have more resources here in Canada. But I'm doing my best with the help of other here who have the MS3.
PM me if you want my phone number
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
went to a car meet yesterday, they had a dyno available...so i took the opportunity to see what a $1400 ECU would do for me.

one of the main reasons why i made the 2 hour drive was to dyno my car. it's a 07 TL-S fully bolted...(aemV2, UR pulley, v3 pcds, v3 jpipe, xlr8 quad exhaust, JnR ECU)...and i was hoping to be somewhere close to 300whp.

after the dyno, final numbers were 186.3 whp and 156.4 torque. i expected 100 more whp, so...either the JnR ECU is jacked up, and/or their dyno was WAY off base. i don't know what to think. but i am disappointed to say the least...and i'm searching for answers. plenty of other cars dyno'd that day and put down great numbers. like a turbo g35 put down 404whp...so how the hell do i put down what a base AT TL with NO modifications puts down stock? makes no sense...and i'm thinking the JnR ECU is to blame. i wish i would have did a run or 2 with it unplugged, but we ran out of time. i think the base map i was supplied with is nowhere near where it should be for my car. my suggestion, anyone running the JnR ECU...get it professionaly tuned for YOUR CAR. don't just plug in and go. get it tuned safely. i have unplugged mine for the time being until i get my AFR guage mounted/knock monitor hooked up and then i'm going to get it tuned at a shop. i'm done with this BS. the tuner behind the wheel said my car was pulling A LOT of timing and he is pretty sure he heard knock during the high RPM wot runs. <-that has JnR written all over it. i am starting to regret my purchase...and feel as tho i was mislead during the group buy. i hope to put my mind at ease after i get everything tuned responsibly. but for now, i'm pissed i wasted $50 and got bunk numbers.

i'd like to see what my car would do without the JnR ECU hooked up.
that was a bogus dyno run....and it does read about 20% lower than other dynos cuz I did a 4th gear pull on mine and it was around 218-222whp range to give you an idea that it is not only you that reads low on 4th gear dyno pulls..... here is another food for thought for yah how are they going to do a 4th gear pull on the auto it will be incorrect and here is why....4th gear will take you to 135 where the fuel cut-out is and not Redline as it should be done when done in 3rd gear........so in 4th car wasnt even hitting redline....how do I know cuz I was there with Rodney and he hasnt figured out yet as far as I know how to remove the governor so you can go past 135mph...That was one of the main reasons I also wanted the ECU and he has not resolved that yet....I guess there are 2 parts to that governor as he was able to remove it as in the fuel cutting out...but there is something else preventing it going past 135....so meaning on stock unit you hit 135 and it cuts off and you actually lose power(meaning momentum and mph goes down), with JnR ECU it takes you to 135 and keeps you there as if you hit a flat spot and keeps you pegged there instead of cutting off

your reading should be reading more like 186=286ish and 156=256ish

if you were really reading 186 you would have been unhappy the minute you stepped on that gas pedal when you first installed that ECU and that much loss in power the butt dyno is good enough to know that

i hope you're right...i'd feel a lot better knowing it was their machine and not my ECU. they ran it in 4th gear, which may have been a mistake.

what you see is what you get. it was around 82 degrees that day. my AFR print out showed 12.8 at WOT.
yes 4th gear BIGGGGG MISTAKEEE and also their dyno prolly reading 20% lower...they were just collecting free money thats all it seems to me

^yeah i would have liked to but they rushed me off the ramp right after it was done. they were pretty unorganized at the meet. i had to literally beg for my car to get dyno'd in the first place. they had a hard time letting me PAY THEM to do their job. it was ridiculous.

my first words after the crappy numbers "well can i unhook the MS3 and see what it runs?"

tuner : "sorry man, there are a lot of other cars we have to dyno still."

I would have just not even bothered if they were being that stingy and horrible from the jump

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
3rd gear would make more accurate power... F what they say. its wrong... i'd take it somewhere else first.
YES 100% agreement on all issues even the F what they say BS'ing ass remarks.....def don't be down on those numbers and take it elsewhere who will actually let you do a before ECU run and after ECU plugged back in

Originally Posted by Joey tl
Who here has the MS3 installed and 99% happy with it?
Yes me!!!

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Fixed it. I would avoid subjective words like "happy". Plus, some additional parameters (like how much is the car driven) needs to be specified.
And yes me again driven everyday prolly put 10-12k a year on car and taken to track which has me trapping 102mph after JnR ECU install.....but with this said I had my ECU done with Rodney so I guess I could have been in a much different scenario if I had it shipped and then looking to find someone around here who would know how to tune her on the dyno

just my .....this is all Gnight!!

Last edited by BostonSilverTypeS; 05-21-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
oh and btw...I believe what Sonnick mentioned look at your dyno graph..on a positive side see how flat that torque curve is...Exactly what you want!! looks real similar to mine
Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Hey, don't point fingers on the Ecu or the dyno. Go get the car redyno'd somewhere else and you'll be putting that frown upside down. When your tuner said "my car was pulling A LOT of timing and he is pretty sure he heard knock during the high RPM wot runs" , think about what he said. Now, was your car just on a base map? Was it professionaly tuned from the base map? To get the car dyno'd with plugging it on won't give you the gains Rodney had. I think everyone is rushing everything. To have a forum that isn't organized, it's going to explode. I personally think that the GROUP BUY should be from JnR themself and not from a 3rd party member. If a business wants $$, they are the one's doing it and running it. But with that aside, it's the only ecu we have on the market so since you guys are the first batch buyers, you guys will be experiencing the most debugs and coming up with new things others wont know. So please do share some experiences you guys will go through to the community as this is a great product being offered. Once all the issues are resolved, I do see the next batch will be more organized and ready to ship. I wouldn't even wot the car on a base map as I'd get it tuned asap with it complete. Then get the final numbers. Again, it would be awesome if Rodney can do a tuturial on Youtube on the basics and have more customer trust in his product like Doug Macmillian has in that community. Now if only Rodney will come in and get people happy again by giving them feedback and backing them up on how to resolve things on his ECU.
The following 2 users liked this post by bouncer07:
JCharged (05-22-2012), Sonnick (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Burning Brakes

I think it's time to get a thread going for the JNR ECU chat thread. People will learn more, advices, debugs, problems, etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Rodney: Any news if we could get "traction control" added on the ecu?

Less wheels spinning = more grip / saves tires.

From what I understand, VSA robs power and cuts fuel.

I'm a beta tester for Hondata on the SI and it works like a charm.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by bouncer07
Hey, don't point fingers on the Ecu or the dyno. Go get the car redyno'd somewhere else and you'll be putting that frown upside down. When your tuner said "my car was pulling A LOT of timing and he is pretty sure he heard knock during the high RPM wot runs" , think about what he said. Now, was your car just on a base map? Was it professionaly tuned from the base map? To get the car dyno'd with plugging it on won't give you the gains Rodney had. I think everyone is rushing everything. To have a forum that isn't organized, it's going to explode. I personally think that the GROUP BUY should be from JnR themself and not from a 3rd party member. If a business wants $$, they are the one's doing it and running it. But with that aside, it's the only ecu we have on the market so since you guys are the first batch buyers, you guys will be experiencing the most debugs and coming up with new things others wont know. So please do share some experiences you guys will go through to the community as this is a great product being offered. Once all the issues are resolved, I do see the next batch will be more organized and ready to ship. I wouldn't even wot the car on a base map as I'd get it tuned asap with it complete. Then get the final numbers. Again, it would be awesome if Rodney can do a tuturial on Youtube on the basics and have more customer trust in his product like Doug Macmillian has in that community. Now if only Rodney will come in and get people happy again by giving them feedback and backing them up on how to resolve things on his ECU.
Bouncer point well taken ill at least do a video so people can connect to the ecu and load maps ( not a tuning lesson ) im not stayong away from the thread ,but rather working getting all orders completed and all ecus out before month ends luckily for me excelerate did manage to source me another 3 harness for 2004_2005 models ,however everyone has been emailing or texting and ive responded to all email or text...What I'll do is definitely get an ecu thread specially dedicated to ms3 & start it off the correct way with install and connect instructions .....bouncer ms3 has a few options ,ill look into it however ive been helping everyone and I mean everyone who's running ecu mostly via email I think a few people can back me up on that ..
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by bouncer07
Rodney: Any news if we could get "traction control" added on the ecu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n-JJPIBKVU

Less wheels spinning = more grip / saves tires.

From what I understand, VSA robs power and cuts fuel.

I'm a beta tester for Hondata on the SI and it works like a charm.
Do you know what the Hondata implementation on the SI is doing? Does it have a VSA type function from the factory?

There is launch control but that is a totally different beast. There are some potential things that could happen if you understand the electronic I/O's of the automatic transmission and can write code.

The vehicle speed sensors (VSS) allow one or two wheel speeds to be monitored. Presently the code only uses the first input, but a future release may take advantage of the second input for traction control. (e.g. front axle vs. rear axle) The inputs read from either a wheel/axle mounted pickup or a perhaps pickup that is part of the transmission. The input can be magnetic (with suitable interface) or more directly a hall type input. This input is converted to a linear speed (ms-1, mph or kph)
The shaft speed inputs work in a similar way to the vehicle speed but calculates to rpms. It could be used as gearbox input shaft speed to monitor convertor or clutch slip.
The VSS output feature provides a pulsed output in proportion to the VSS for driving a digital speedometer.
The gear detection calculates the current gear selected in the gearbox by a number of methods. Presently this is mainly used for display only. A future code release might take more advantage of this information.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Do you know what the Hondata implementation on the SI is doing? Does it have a VSA type function from the factory?
Search Hondata Traction Control. It's a module. Don't want to put a lot of information on here as it's Rodney and his ECU. Just wanted to give Rodney some ideas on some benefits for us that can work with his ECU. It basically pulls timing/ignition and some other things. Kinda like RaceLogics Traction Control back in the day.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
Bouncer point well taken ill at least do a video so people can connect to the ecu and load maps ( not a tuning lesson ) im not stayong away from the thread ,but rather working getting all orders completed and all ecus out before month ends luckily for me excelerate did manage to source me another 3 harness for 2004_2005 models ,however everyone has been emailing or texting and ive responded to all email or text...What I'll do is definitely get an ecu thread specially dedicated to ms3 & start it off the correct way with install and connect instructions .....bouncer ms3 has a few options ,ill look into it however ive been helping everyone and I mean everyone who's running ecu mostly via email I think a few people can back me up on that ..
<------- 2006 model... Now what? I knwo we spoke about it on Saturday but I forgot lol.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ you wait
Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 PM

UPDATES

These are all of the orders left as of right now:
swoosh - ECU, Harness, Knock Monitor, Injectors, Wband, Fuel Pump Assembly
justnspace - ECU, Knock Monitor, AFR
InFaMouSLinK - ECU, Harness
r3devi7 - ECU, Harness, Knock Monitor
Noober - ECU, Harness, Knock Monitor, Wband
FCVADI - ECU, knock monitor, AFR, Injectors, Pigtails, Fuel Pump Assembly
Wolks War - ECU, knock monitor, AFR, EGR
Badboxer - ECU, knock monitor, AFR

This is what is getting shipped out today:
Badboxer - ECU, AFR

This is what is getting shipped out on Tuesday:
Badboxer - Harness, Knock Monitor

ORDERS that will be LEFT as on Tuesday:
InFaMouSLinK - ECU, Harness
The following users liked this post:
Noober (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Forgot my knock monitor.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

I received my injectors today
Old 05-25-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
Forgot my knock monitor.
Sorry bro....Fixed

He did mention he will send the Knock Monitors with the harness as he will be wiring them and sending them out....

UPDATES

InFaMouSLinK - ECU, Harness, Knock Monitor

Badboxer - ECU, AFR

Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Swoosh you should put another section on that list that says "Still waiting for refund"...go ahead and put me on the top of that list....2.5 months and STILL WAITING!! He said he was gonna call me for my address to send me the check on Wednesday, left a mesaage yesterday, called today and still nothing...now I usually handle things like this privately, but it's gotten to the point of ridiculous and I feel the community needs to know about this...I've been very patient and reasonable ...now i seriously just want my money back...
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM

^^^ Peter....i feel ya pain bro....

i would have been pissed if I was waiting on my $$$....but this has been a bumpy ride....i bet you will get your $$$ back....will talk to Rodney again about it (remind him if he has forgotten) and will get this done....

and here is the updated list !!!:

UPDATES

Badboxer - ECU, AFR

Waiting on Refund
the fenda rolla - $1285 (am not sure he will refund the paypal fees but thats between you and him....as a part a GB where the Vendor is not making $$$, returns are usually tough)....
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
The Track Terror

Originally Posted by swoosh
Waiting on Refund
the fenda rolla - $1285 (am not sure he will refund the paypal fees but thats between you and him....as a part a GB where the Vendor is not making $$$, returns are usually tough)....
Thanks bro, I know you have no control over it but it would mean more if he would refund all the $1285...especially since he's had my money for the past 5 months...

You know I never wanted it to get to this point, but i feel this needs to be out there.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Fenda, don't worry about being nice. That went out the window months ago. We've all had our share of words over this crappy GB. Being patient and "nice" can only get someone so far.. I personally let rodney know how I feel about this GB so I don't mind saying anything on here cuz I care more about the forum and how its members..
Old 05-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Alex is in rage.....
Old 05-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
^^^ Peter....i feel ya pain bro....

i would have been pissed if I was waiting on my $$$....but this has been a bumpy ride....i bet you will get your $$$ back....will talk to Rodney again about it (remind him if he has forgotten) and will get this done....

and here is the updated list !!!:

UPDATES

Badboxer - ECU, AFR

Waiting on Refund
Now it's at the point where bets are being hedged that the refund will be given?? That's scary. It's not that hard to drop a certified bank check in the mail if there are Paypal issues.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Rodney, step up man... I want to see you succeed, or at least save your own ass on this.
InFaMouSLink (05-27-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
can it finally be the day my ecu gets shipped out?!@!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 AM

^^^ yes buddy....i got a text from Rodney....he was going to head to the post office or ask someone to go drop off things for him....

i am waiting for a confirmation from him and will update this thread, but from what i understood from his text this morning is your stuff is getting shipped out....
Noober (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ yes buddy....i got a text from Rodney....he was going to head to the post office or ask someone to go drop off things for him....

i am waiting for a confirmation from him and will update this thread, but from what i understood from his text this morning is your stuff is getting shipped out....
if it isnt too much trouble, would you mind asking rodney for my tracking numbers? and perhaps PMing me them.. my hotmail got blocked because someone sent me a virus...
thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 04:07 PM
The Track Terror

Yet another day of Rodney not answering/returning my calls...I *really* hate having to use these words, but I'm seriously considering needing to take legal action if this is not resolved VERY SOON...
Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Noober
if it isnt too much trouble, would you mind asking rodney for my tracking numbers? and perhaps PMing me them.. my hotmail got blocked because someone sent me a virus...
thanks
its not the trouble bro but am not sure I want to see anyone's tracking info....its just not professional (from my standpoint)....if you want i can have Rodney text/PM it to you

i will update you when he updates me
Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

its not the trouble bro but am not sure I want to see anyone's tracking info....its just not professional (from my standpoint)....if you want i can have Rodney text/PM it to you

i will update you when he updates me
ok sounds great, thank you
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Just stopping by, I have yet to see tracking #s either.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Yet another day of Rodney not answering/returning my calls...I *really* hate having to use these words, but I'm seriously considering needing to take legal action if this is not resolved VERY SOON...
it's pretty clear that he is not giving you a refund. either he doesn't have the money to give you, or he's ignoring his customer base. either way, it speaks volumes about how he conducts business and i'm sorry you're on the receiving end of it all.

i would go ahead and pursue different avenues until you get this resolved, but don't be surprised if it takes a LONG time.

a part of me wants a refund for this too. this has turned into an expensive project and is not what i signed up for at all.

good luck to you man, i feel for you and i hope this gets taken care of ASAP.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Peter....

I spoke with Rodney specifically regarding your refund....your refund will take a while (around a month)....he has asked one of the people who has paid him to send him a check (he refunded his CC payment) and he will send you as check as that check clears....

at this point i leave the decision up to you....you can either wait another month or pursue different routes....Rodney is a start up business and he doesnt have much $$$ laying around....heck i ordered parts for him and saw he wasnt making much/any $$$.....

yes we all agree that this group by was supposed to be over my end of March and here we are @ end of May, but i would only partly blame Rodney for the delay....the harnesses going out of stock and his daughter having some birth complication we things which added onto it....

but as i said, at this point the choice is yours....i have given you all the info you need

Originally Posted by r3devi7
Just stopping by, I have yet to see tracking #s either.
you should be getting the tracking numbers by tomorrow....

it's pretty clear that he is not giving you a refund. either he doesn't have the money to give you, or he's ignoring his customer base. either way, it speaks volumes about how he conducts business and i'm sorry you're on the receiving end of it all.

i would go ahead and pursue different avenues until you get this resolved, but don't be surprised if it takes a LONG time.

a part of me wants a refund for this too. this has turned into an expensive project and is not what i signed up for at all.

good luck to you man, i feel for you and i hope this gets taken care of ASAP.
WOW ain't you such an expert....how do you know Rodney does not want to refund Peter ??? yes its taking more time than expected but seriously ???

and yes you should know it, its an expensive deal....its not a jpipe or an exhaust....

and you are the only one who is running this unit as a PLUG N PLAY !!! you got the unit, plugged it in DID NOT TUNING whatsoever and have been running it without an issue....hell you are not even monitoring knock or AFR as of yet....just that tells me about the build and tune (static map) provided by Rodney....

i am completely with you when you talk about delay, but i dont see your unit being delayed dude....you have been running the unit for more than a month and WITHOUT an issue....the only time you felt something is wrong is after that dyno....which i can bet is wrong.....they didnt run it right....

all i heard from you is "ohh the car is pulling so strong" and "i feel more power through out the powerband"

I have asked Rodney to take a hit and ship out EVERYTHING as an when available....not wait for harness or whatever and just ship out the harness when available....so people can figure out what is causing the delay....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM
BANNED

^anal, i don't know if it is running good or not. until i have my AFR/knock hooked up i really won't know anything. all i know is that the car is running. i'll be sure to report back once i get everything installed.

and yeah, my unit wasn't delayed in shipping. but that's not the point, i'm not talking about my unit. i'm talking about the other people who haven't gotten theirs and who haven't been updated whatsoever. everything is always "tomorrow".

and i don't know if rodney wants to refund peter. i just know that he hasn't refunded him and peter has asked for it NUMEROUS times. there is more than one red flag waving around here.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM

a part of me wants a refund for this too.
^anal, i don't know if it is running good or not. until i have my AFR/knock hooked up i really won't know anything. all i know is that the car is running. i'll be sure to report back once i get everything installed.

and yeah, my unit wasn't delayed in shipping. but that's not the point, i'm not talking about my unit. i'm talking about the other people who haven't gotten theirs and who haven't been updated whatsoever. everything is always "tomorrow".

and i don't know if rodney wants to refund peter. i just know that he hasn't refunded him and peter has asked for it NUMEROUS times. there is more than one red flag waving around here.
i thought you were talking about your unit !!!

and exactly my point, you cant accuse anyone of not wanting to do something without even having a word with him !!! you are point blank accusing Rodney of felony here....Rodney wants to fulfill all the orders before he can refund Peter....and i agree with Rodney as I have paid for the ECU a while back and i would like to get my unit....in all honesty as a general person (sorry Peter), I dont know Peter and i could care less of his $$$....i care more about my ECU coming to me....so i can understand why he (Rodney) is going that route.....

and honestly i dont think you understand the static map....what AFR are you running Aaron ? hint SEE THE FUCKING MAP !!! you are telling the ECU how much lean/rich you want to run....and i would have installed the AFR with the ECU but sorry to say you were toooo cheap to order it first....just to realize you need to monitor AFR and knock and then ordered those units...

and finally my name is Anil....if you can use it the right way it will be appreciated....now you can go back to your chat website and bitch about this
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,916 Likes on 14,458 Posts
Just as a bystander and fellow friend and forum member, I'm curious Anil. How deep are your ties with Rodney?! In some instances it seems you are his proxy, but on the more troubling posts you just defend him and say that that's "between you and vendor".

My 2 cents are that you're either there to facilitate things and keep the peace for him (I'm assuming he's probably more into cars than keeping up with the forum himself), or you're not. Can't have both.

I met him, seemed like a nice enough guy with a beast of a car. if I'd paid the money, I'd expect that the money would be there, or at least mostly there for a refund UNTIL he HAD to spend it to build MY particular unit. The cost of starting up a business is is what a business loan is for and shouldn't be borrowing the money from your clients. The child with complications is slightly erroneous, as well.

Obviously take it all with a grain of salt as it's all my opinion and I have no stake in this game. Just a business degree.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM
BANNED

little dense, brother?

i'm not going to get into a pissing match back n forth with you. i have better things to do with my time.

you're acting all defensive bc deep down, you know that something is not right here...but you just can't admit it.

guy wants a refund? been waiting many many months, give the guy a refund. paypal broken? send him a certified check. just a bunch of BS runaround excuses and everyone knows it.
The following 2 users liked this post by SharksBreath:
anx1300c (05-30-2012), JCharged (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Just as a bystander and fellow friend and forum member, I'm curious Anil. How deep are your ties with Rodney?! In some instances it seems you are his proxy, but on the more troubling posts you just defend him and say that that's "between you and vendor".

My 2 cents are that you're either there to facilitate things and keep the peace for him (I'm assuming he's probably more into cars than keeping up with the forum himself), or you're not. Can't have both.

I met him, seemed like a nice enough guy with a beast of a car. if I'd paid the money, I'd expect that the money would be there, or at least mostly there for a refund UNTIL he HAD to spend it to build MY particular unit. The cost of starting up a business is is what a business loan is for and shouldn't be borrowing the money from your clients. The child with complications is slightly erroneous, as well.

Obviously take it all with a grain of salt as it's all my opinion and I have no stake in this game. Just a business degree.
I completely agree with you

about the ties I have with Rodney....I am just facilitating....I see what people are saying on the forum and i update Rodney and update the forum with Rodney's responses.....

I would have just ordered my unit and called it a day (as am not making a dime here, neither am I getting any special discounts) but I wanted to forum members to have this unit and hence I asked him to become a vendor on here (not the first time I have gotten Azine some revenue) and start a GB so many members can enjoy this unit (neither the first time I have gotten products to Azine members).....

When people ask for a refund or people ask for tracking numbers....I have nothing to do with it....it is Rodney's decision and he is shipping out the units.....but when people come in for new orders or accuse Rodney even with having an ECU running as PLUG N PLAY for a month then i tend to say something....

I understand what people are going thro....this is not how it was supposed to go down....but the 1st GB for anything is not fun....

examples:
1st RV6 true dual exhaust....delay time of 8-9 months !!!
1st ATLP jpipe....delay time of 7 months !!!
EVEN THOW THE PROTOTYPE was ready

1st ISC XLR8 group by of the suspension, $$$ was taken in Jan, people are still waiting for CORRECT top hats....

so if you see the 1st GB is always tough as vendors do not know the market response to the product and hence they dont stock any products....they order AFTER the members orders have been placed....

again I DO NOT DEFEND RODNEY....i leave all the financial decisions to him as its not my business....but when it comes to giving updates/i do them religiously....as I hear something i post it up or update the members as soon as i can....

Last edited by swoosh; 05-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 AM

little dense, brother?

i'm not going to get into a pissing match back n forth with you. i have better things to do with my time.

you're acting all defensive bc deep down, you know that something is not right here...but you just can't admit it.

guy wants a refund? been waiting many many months, give the guy a refund. paypal broken? send him a certified check. just a bunch of BS runaround excuses and everyone knows it.
ROFL....what is not right Aaron...

yes you not putting my name correctly is not right !!!

i completely agree with you on the time delay....Rodney is working with a member who paid using his CC....he is refunding his card and asking him to send a check....once he receives this check and it clears, he will refund Peter....

i honestly dont know what to say other than what i have said earlier....and the only reason i got pissed is coz you on purpose messed my name up and accused Rodney of not wanting to pay Peter....

and with that said....you are a great member and honestly a good friend of mine....i really dont wanna mess things up with you (or any other member) coz of this thread (where none of us are getting anything else than the ECU we ordered).....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,916 Likes on 14,458 Posts
I got you, Anil...glad we're on the same page. That actually does clear it up for me and anyone else that may read it.

Ironic...I wonder if his new customer he's waiting to pay is named Paul.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Gentlemen, lets act like men, shall we? I sense this thread could get locked up if we continue down the current path.

We all know the time delay part has sucked. Six months for some of you right? But the refund thing is on an entirely different level. Being an outsider, at the very least, I would suggest Rodney needs to talk to that poor sob directly, not through you Anil. Somehow, somewhere along the way you have become the spokesperson for JnR. And while that's worked out great in the past, well, things just aren't the same anymore. Rodney needs to take care of business himself.

I'm actually surprised his lack of being a vendor and you practically being one has flown around here when things are to the degree they are currently at. No disrespect Anil.
The following 2 users liked this post by maharajamd:
Sonnick (05-31-2012), veggiemonster (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Gentlemen, lets act like men, shall we? I sense this thread could get locked up if we continue down the current path.

We all know the time delay part has sucked. Six months for some of you right? But the refund thing is on an entirely different level. Being an outsider, at the very least, I would suggest Rodney needs to talk to that poor sob directly, not through you Anil. Somehow, somewhere along the way you have become the spokesperson for JnR. And while that's worked out great in the past, well, things just aren't the same anymore. Rodney needs to take care of business himself.

I'm actually surprised his lack of being a vendor and you practically being one has flown around here when things are to the degree they are currently at. No disrespect Anil.
I feel you Chad....

but he works a job + family + this....i work a desk job and hence talk/text him couple times and post it up here (as am on Azine anyway)....i doubt if i have missed an update....KN beat me to couple updates but well....LOL....

but i will tell him to get on here just couple times to see whats going on.....

Quick Reply: Group Buy for JnR ECU - Dyno's/Gains (12/23); Prices Posted (1/7)