Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to add my 2cents...post #1357 is really all you need to follow to get this to work

I went from stock 3.40C orange disc to the new 3.A0 (2011) disc....I lost my splash screen hack, but I fixed it and had it going again in about 20 minutes....

if you already have a splash screen bmp created, you download the appropriate files per the mentioned post, use dumpnavi to load the bmp into your .bin file, and burn the 3 bin files onto a CD-R or DVD-R (both work) then load it and go!

I'd also like to point out that the files in the mentioned post #1357 are for the 'AD' OK Bypass with the AD tag visible, trip computer and A/C screen control enable...not bad. I do wish I could change the 'AD' tag however, maybe I'll look at that tonight...if no one has the dumpnavi.exe file maybe i can upload it somewhere for everyone...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear

Hello Everyone,

I've been following this thread with much interest. I have 2008 Honda Accord with Navigation and want to hack it to get custom splash screen and by pass the OK screen.

I know the Navi DVD's are the same for Acura and Honda, just different files. So far, I haven't seen anyone who's cracked the Honda DVD. I have the version 4.62 white disc.

If I follow the process shown here, will it work on my Navi as well? Honda already has trip computer so I don't have to enable it like some of you.

This is just so confusing!!!

Can anyone kindly share their knowledge?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
You can change the image on the white disks, but you cant get rid of the OK button.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
4th Gear

2004 TL Navi Ver. 3.30F, New Ver. 3.A0, 2010

Hi, I purchased the latest navi ver. 3.A0 for my 2004 TL.
Works fine. Made a copy on Memorex DVD +R DL. Tried it, but doesn't work. Is it possible to make a copy that WILL work ??? Hope you can help. Thank you, rickwoz
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Your answer is here. Don't need to cross-post--it's even in the same subforum.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm one of the multitudes that upgraded finally from V3.5 to 3A0 for map updates but now need to get their fixes back in place. I have followed everything but want to confirm a potential mistake I made. I used a DVD -RW. I think that it must be a CD-R or DVD-R only, correct? I just would like confirmation so I know where to look for why my disk is showing up as a non-legal copy during load.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Capt_Crunch
I'm one of the multitudes that upgraded finally from V3.5 to 3A0 for map updates but now need to get their fixes back in place. I have followed everything but want to confirm a potential mistake I made. I used a DVD -RW. I think that it must be a CD-R or DVD-R only, correct? I just would like confirmation so I know where to look for why my disk is showing up as a non-legal copy during load.

Thanks
Yes, you burn your .bin files onto a CD-R. I got the 3A0 disc and decided to do the .bin hack too. I used kitkit201's instructions and it went flawlessly.

Bonus: your previous destinations are still there! I was worried and wrote them all down, turns out I didn't need to.

Now I'm looking for that MPG/trip computer hack. One thing at a time.

thanks to everyone for the instructions and links!

Last edited by Eardoc; 11-14-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Capt_Crunch

Thanks
Yes, you burn your .bin files onto a CD-R. I got the 3A0 disc and decided to do the .bin hack too. I used kitkit201's instructions and it went flawlessly.

Now I'm looking for that MPG/trip computer hack. One thing at a time.

thanks to everyone for the instructions and links!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks everyone for the links! Just what I was looking for.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Cruisin'

I still have the 3.40c disc and would like to add the modified trip computer along with the no-nag OK fix. The files listed below are no longer being hosted. Can anyone re-upload them or send them to me?

If I get them, I'll re-upload them where they should never get deleted or removed.

HMIManager.zip - Kenny's modified trip computer for v3.40c (password: kennyc)
navi.zip - Kenny's modified OK executable for Navi 3.40c (password: kennyc)

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:21 AM
1st Gear

Hi All, Just acquired an ‘08 TL-S and must get rid of the ‘ok’ nag screen. The trip computer and AC controls sound good, but I have seen no pics, so not sure if I need it. Anyway, my TL has Nav DVD ver:4.63 in the trunk. Would appreciate a link to what I need to burn to disc to ditch “ok”. Many thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LAGuy
Hi All, Just acquired an ‘08 TL-S and must get rid of the ‘ok’ nag screen. The trip computer and AC controls sound good, but I have seen no pics, so not sure if I need it. Anyway, my TL has Nav DVD ver:4.63 in the trunk. Would appreciate a link to what I need to burn to disc to ditch “ok”. Many thanks
Sorry, you're SOL. The 4 series disc has not been cracked. Try a search next time like I did when I bought my TL.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
6th Gear

did the hack.
will put pictures up later.

anyone know how to upload pics?
Old 11-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Advanced

I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions. I was looking at the first post and show several mods I would like to do especially like the warning message that comes on the screen everytime that you start the vehicle. The first post is several years old. I have NAVI with my '06 DVD.
Which post should I look at and follow? It will help from reading through 1300 posts.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Has anyone been able to successfully change the splash screen on the white discs? i always wanted to awhile ago but never got it to work! PM me if u have because i need major help!!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Intermediate

I just bought a 2007 TL type S, and want to know if there is any way to either convert of update the dvd player to be able to play dvd-v. or if there is a way to have a switch and split a video signal to a dvd player or say an xbox or ps3? Any ideas? or Hints?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Cruisin'

Hi Guys, does anybody have both kenny's hack files for 3.40c? I'm new but cannot find these files anywhere in on the forum. PM me if you wish.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 PM
8th Gear

Does someone know if I can make a backup of my DVD White 4.92 version?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HoRneDieSeL
I still have the 3.40c disc and would like to add the modified trip computer along with the no-nag OK fix. The files listed below are no longer being hosted. Can anyone re-upload them or send them to me?

If I get them, I'll re-upload them where they should never get deleted or removed.

HMIManager.zip - Kenny's modified trip computer for v3.40c (password: kennyc)
navi.zip - Kenny's modified OK executable for Navi 3.40c (password: kennyc)

Thanks!
Me too! Please, anyone who has these files (personally I just need the Kenny OK patch) please let us know where we can get them now.

Thanks very much.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by greatbrit
Me too! Please, anyone who has these files (personally I just need the Kenny OK patch) please let us know where we can get them now.

Thanks very much.
Hey I'm in the same boat as you but do you mind PM me the trip computer hack since you mentioned that you have it already. I believe you need 5 posts though to PM. If not you could always post it here as well.

On a side note, I'm not sure why it's so hard for us late folks that maybe just gotten our TLs that just happen to have the 3.40c disc and would like to hack it to get the files needed. There so many folks on AZ and not 1 person could help at least a dozen or more folks on this thread.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by volcalstone
Hey I'm in the same boat as you but do you mind PM me the trip computer hack since you mentioned that you have it already. I believe you need 5 posts though to PM. If not you could always post it here as well.

On a side note, I'm not sure why it's so hard for us late folks that maybe just gotten our TLs that just happen to have the 3.40c disc and would like to hack it to get the files needed. There so many folks on AZ and not 1 person could help at least a dozen or more folks on this thread.

Thanks.
See this link - https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1357

I've already summarized it. Its up to the user to read the posts....
Old 12-30-2010, 02:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kitkit201
See this link - https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1357

I've already summarized it. Its up to the user to read the posts....
I'm a little confused here. All of us in this thread are trying to get the actual *files* in order to do the hack on 3.40c. The link you point to above describes the procedure (thank you for that) but does not have a link to the 3.4 files, and the post that that link points to only points to the fileshare for the files for 3.8 and 3.9. I don't see any mention of a link to the 3.4 files that we are trying to obtain. Am I missing something?

to VOCALSTONE: if you were referring to me in your post, no, I do not have the trip hack, I just don't happen to want that one so much. It's really the OK hack that I'm looking for.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Banned

"imporved dumpnavi" that kennyc listed
http://guicide.com/cars/2006civic/nav/hacks/Bysin.zip
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clint999
"imporved dumpnavi" that kennyc listed
http://guicide.com/cars/2006civic/nav/hacks/Bysin.zip
Thanks very much for the response. I have the original Byson hack that changed the startup screen to a user selected image and hid the warning text, and am now looking for the kennyc hack that also removes the need to press the "OK" button. kennyc made a mod to the original angrydad "OK" hack to make it small enough to fit in the 3.4 version. So, just to clarify, are you saying that the bysin.exe in the \release folder of your bysin.zip is the same as the kennyc "navi.zip" referenced in post #1371 above?

Thanks again for replying.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Okay maybe someone can help me here but where can I find my navi CD in my car??? Thanks I have a 08 Acura TL Type S
Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xtmslyy00
Okay maybe someone can help me here but where can I find my navi CD in my car??? Thanks I have a 08 Acura TL Type S
Another proud owner of a hi tech TL that refuses to reference the owner's manual.
Try the trunk, right side.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GeezerB
Another proud owner of a hi tech TL that refuses to reference the owner's manual.
Try the trunk, right side.
Well, I would have however my car = at home today. "street bike" is a bit quicker on the 91
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Advanced

I'm a little confused here. All of us in this thread are trying to get the actual *files* in order to do the hack on 3.40c. The link you point to above describes the procedure (thank you for that) but does not have a link to the 3.4 files, and the post that that link points to only points to the fileshare for the files for 3.8 and 3.9. I don't see any mention of a link to the 3.4 files that we are trying to obtain. Am I missing something?

to VOCALSTONE: if you were referring to me in your post, no, I do not have the trip hack, I just don't happen to want that one so much. It's really the OK hack that I'm looking for.
reading is a lost art...
Use BNHH401A.BIN version if you have 3.8 and above

Use BN2HH12C.BIN version if you have 3.7 or below (this works on even my 3.3 firmware)
The link i linked in that post shows the two files for the two separate version. Here it is again: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=8
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Intermediate

reading is a lost art...

The link i linked in that post shows the two files for the two separate version. Here it is again: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=8
oh I used to be able to read, but then I got a TL and now I just talk to the car and it does things for me. Thanks very much for your patience and re-post, I think I've got it now
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Advanced

oh I used to be able to read, but then I got a TL and now I just talk to the car and it does things for me. Thanks very much for your patience and re-post, I think I've got it now
all good!! lmk if you have troubles with it. i'd love to help!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Alright, I have tried two different methods to updating me logo screen on my 08 Acura TL Type-S…
1st method
Posted by BuzzAldrin.
Preparing the CD

1. Remove the Version 4.62 DVD from the navi unit in the trunk.
2. Put it your PC and copy the following files to the Navi_Splash folder:

08Jog.bin
08Jog2.bin
08Jog128M.bin
A0000_00.MNG
dca0.evt
DCA0.REG
EDATA_ENUS.bin
EDATA_FRCA.bin
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_API.exe

3. Open a Cmd window (Start / Run / Cmd)
4. Navigate to your Navi_Splash folder (>: cd c:\navi_splash)
5. Switch the image contained within the 08Jog2.bin file using the Bysin program: (NOTE: the file names are case sensitive)

bysin 08Jog2.bin update Opening1.bmp Opening1.bmp

Press enter and you should see 'Updating <file name>'. Check your typing if you don't.
6. Insert your rewritable CD into your machine.
7. From your Navi_Splash folder, copy/burn the 10 files listed in step 2 to the CD.

Uploading the changes to Navi

1. Turn the ignition to Acc 1. Open the DVD reader's front panel and wait until you get an error message on the Navi screen.
2. Remove the DVD if necessary, insert your CD and close the flap
3. Press and hold Menu, Map/Guide and Cancel simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the Diagnostic menu appears.
4. Select Version
5. Select DownLoad and press the button

If all is ok with your CD the transfer should start. After about 20 seconds you should get a message telling you not to turn off the engine. This is followed by a progress bar.
If you get a Check Disk message, try steps 1 to 5 again. There may be something wrong with your CD if it still fails.
The transfer takes about 3 minutes after which the Navi will reboot. If all has gone well you should see your new image followed by an error saying the wrong disk is inserted. Put the DVD back in and turn the ignition off and back on again.
If you get a blank screen before the nag screen, there is likely something wrong with your image file.

To reset everything leave the DVD in the player and repeats steps 3, 4 and 5 above.

Disclaimer - I take no responsibility for any ill effects caused to your Navi system. You try this at your own risk.
This didn’t work for me… So I tried this… Instead of using the “08Jog2.bin” I read a post from a guy stating to us “Touch2.bin” I extracted the “Opening1.bmp” and sure enough the Acura logo is there… So I updated it with my new background I want… Got to the updating screen and I got
“Please Check your disc”
I burned the following files 6 total:
08Touch.bin
08Touch2.bin
A0000_00.MNG
DCA0.reg
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_APL.exe
So I can no longer think of anything else… any suggestions or maybe someone did figure this out and posted does anyone knows where I can find the post? I have been attempting this for 5hours now…

I have the white nav CD 4.62

Thanks, Chris

Last edited by xtmslyy00; 12-31-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Naming
Old 12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

reading is a lost art...

But what if my navi screen says that I have the BNHH401A.BIN loader? Shouldn't I be using that instead but its noted that to use this file for 3.8 and above which I don't have a disc for.

I just feel like if someone has the original files from the first post of kennyc's then I could definitely do this hack. Please let me know if I'm wrong because I did a lot of reading on this thread and everything is pointing me to the original 3.40c files.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Advanced

any updagted DL links that work for the orange 3.40c disc? i cant DL them from savefile....
Old 01-02-2011, 08:57 AM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've uploaded a zipped file containing files that should help out the guys with the orange 3.40c disk. It contains some of the utilities needed for modifying the navi screen, a text file (340c.txt) of snippets on the subject from AZ and two modified navi files. One contains the trip computer with the OK button removed and the other I'm not sure of (it's pot luck since I didn't document it). And kennyc is the password on the HMIManager file (in the file name also).

The files in the TL_2005_navi_utils-3.40c.rar (21.2 MB) file:
340c.txt
BNHH401A.BIN-3.40c-MPG-No_OK-with_disclaimer-orig_background
BNHH401A.BIN-not_sure_what_it_contains
dumpnavi-console.zip
dumpnavi-gui.zip
HMIManager-kennyc.rar
navi.exe_340c_with_patch
TLPatch401a.com

The link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/93667779/372fb...3.40c.rar.html

Last edited by clsdave; 01-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

Thank you so much for putting all of this together for us 3.40c people. I am away from my car for the next month, so haven't been able to try the files from the link from kitkit201's post, or the files from clsdave, but I am very confident that I can now get it all working.

You guys are awesome! TY TY TY
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by clsdave
I've uploaded a zipped file containing files that should help out the guys with the orange 3.40c disk. It contains some of the utilities needed for modifying the navi screen, a text file (340c.txt) of snippets on the subject from AZ and two modified navi files. One contains the trip computer with the OK button removed and the other I'm not sure of (it's pot luck since I didn't document it). And kennyc is the password on the HMIManager file (in the file name also).

The files in the TL_2005_navi_utils-3.40c.rar (21.2 MB) file:
340c.txt
BNHH401A.BIN-not_sure_what_it_contains
dumpnavi-console.zip
dumpnavi-gui.zip
HMIManager-kennyc.rar
navi.exe_340c_with_patch
TLPatch401a.com

The link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/93667779/372fb...3.40c.rar.html
Thank you very much. I believe I should be able to finally hack my 05 TL. I will do so tomorrow and post an update. Thank you again and Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks clsdave for posting the files!
And thanks vocalstone for PMing me!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Cruisin'

Just an update and helpful info.

After messing around with the files, I finally got it to work the way I wanted to. The A/C control all works except the four modes, it won't toggle when you press on it. It's hacked though and lovely! Here is the deal though. The file:

Is ready to go if you want to keep the original background as for some reason you cannot modify it, I tried many times. Now if you want a customized background, you will need to extract navi.exe and HMIManager.exe from this file. Get the original .bin file from your 3.40c disc. You will need to start fresh that's why.

navi.exe_340c_with_patch <~~This will give you the AD logo with "Navigation Loading".

Do all three hacks and you should be good. If anybody needs help with this, just PM me.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there a chance that this will fry my Nav?

I got an 07 tl with Nav. I have last years disc. If I do this mod is there any change it could mess up my nav?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by jnoone
I got an 07 tl with Nav. I have last years disc. If I do this mod is there any change it could mess up my nav?

The answer to your question is at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal