Stolen CL found, then stolen again..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stolen CL found, then stolen again..

It was stolen over 3 weeks ago in San Francisco. I guess someone was running it with different plates. It turned up, apparently undamaged. I'm supposed to go look at it later today. We'll see what it looks like.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,331 Posts
Good luck, hope it's ok.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! Good luck with that.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
did they catch anyone?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Fuck yeah, i kinda had a feeling you would find it eventually. Do they have the dude in custody?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Waits for Shakira in his

YEAAAAA GO Go good luck man all the best
Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck! Glad they found it!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Wow you're lucky. You must have good karma.
Hope it wasn't abused.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
白人看不懂

didn't know CL's were so popular in frisko.....i hardly see any when im down there
Old 09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
wut.

OH SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Good luck!!!!! Hoping for the best yo!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
good news. go steal that fucker's car when u find out who he is.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
dont steal his car, ur just bringing ur self down to his level. fuck with his mind. send him random bankruptcy letter or something that would get his heart racing, ding dong ditch (still funny to do at my age), let air out of his tires, a good one is put jb weld (the putty) under his windshield wipers. i did that to a friend bc he didnt believe how strong it was and lets just say, suck to drive in the rain. take the plates off and put them on backwards.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
白人看不懂

Originally Posted by Rajca
a good one is put jb weld (the putty) under his windshield wipers. i did that to a friend bc he didnt believe how strong it was and lets just say, suck to drive in the rain. take the plates off and put them on backwards.
thats pretty fucked up man lol. funny, but not cool. anything happen?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

put deisel fuel in his car so the motor will blow without him imidiatly realising it, then fill his tires with helium so he will lose traction.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
put deisel fuel in his car so the motor will blow without him imidiatly realising it, then fill his tires with helium so he will lose traction.
does that actually work?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rajca
does that actually work?
I'm not sure but it would make alot of sense....
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good news my friend!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

I'm not sure but it would make alot of sense....
dought it. 40psi and over 1000 lbs on each wheel. dought its gonna do anything.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
glad u found it. i cant believe the LA cops actually lookds for it.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

So I got my car back... $217.00 towing fee. Was found at 2am in the Sunset (Ocean/Geneva Ave). Found TONS of registrations, insurance cards, etc... from other people in my car. Spare tire and stuff GONE. They cracked open the ECU module on the passenger's side but there was a circuit board in it. The car takes about 5 times for the engine to turn over before it starts. The yellow engine light is on. The air cleaner was broken. A few panels missing, looking like maybe 1,200 to 1,500 miles put on in 3 weeks (not sure). Found cell phone chargers for about 7 phones in my car too. There are some scratches and whatnot around the car. Front tires worn more than when I lost the car. Once it starts it drives fine... transmission seems fine but I don't know. My Craftsman tool kit was intact and CDs there but some items missing. They put different plates on my car. I turned in all the stuff that wasn't mine to the police. I saw AT LEAST 6 other insurance cards in there plus manuals for a TL and an 01 CL and a Honda Accord.

At this point I've parked the car and am waiting to hear from insurance. Found ashes in the "not an ashtray" but they didn't put any smokes out in it. Found a glass pipe with white powder in the overhead glasses compartment... threw that shit out.

My glove box lock was busted but the ignition lock was unmolested.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
so how the fuck were they driving around with out messing with the ignition lock?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

The only thing I can think is they know somebody at a Honda/Acura dealer. All the info I found in there indicates they are only going after Hondas/Acuras. This is based on some of the insurance cards and registrations I found in my car. There were so many papers I only looked through some of them. There were two book bags filled with papers... credit card stuff, etc...

They also found my credit card/check card info and cleaned out my bank account. Over $3,500.00 worth of stuff. My bank is in the process of crediting this money back to me. These dudes are hardcore theives. Scary thing is there is still a key to my car out there...

Originally Posted by nspec_ya4
so how the fuck were they driving around with out messing with the ignition lock?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
The only thing I can think is they know somebody at a Honda/Acura dealer. All the info I found in there indicates they are only going after Hondas/Acuras. This is based on some of the insurance cards and registrations I found in my car. There were so many papers I only looked through some of them. There were two book bags filled with papers... credit card stuff, etc...

They also found my credit card/check card info and cleaned out my bank account. Over $3,500.00 worth of stuff. My bank is in the process of crediting this money back to me. These dudes are hardcore thieves. Scary thing is there is still a key to my car out there...
For sure... I wonder why they ditched your car... were they using it as a base for some kinda crazy operation they were running? They might switch cars alot to keep the heat off of them...

lots of phones? back in the day the hommies I knew who were crooks had 3 or 4 "crackhead" phones and pagers that they would get rid of every few days or weeks...and they drove different cars all the time... most of them and the plates were stolen from out of town... you could buy serial numbers, lic plates and titles as sets... just lunacy!

I am glad you got your car back... but what in the world do you do with it at this point... trade out the ignition, locks and ecu? whoever they are, they could do it again, but I seriously doubt they strike in the same place twice...EVER... that's how they would get caught.... frisco is a big place, but from what I remember from my old school bay area peeps, there are lots of patterns to the way the crooks work the streets there...
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I think they were using my car as their "cruiser." The wheels were left on it as were the expensive tires. Not sure what to do... they MUST have had a key made someplace. Only way to explain it. I'm sure if they're into Hondas/Acuras they know people at dealerships, probably kick them back some money. No key was found with my car so it's still out there someplace... Thing is it is rough to start. I assume if the ECU was removed it wouldn't even start. Looks like they broke open the ECU box but maybe the 6 speed is different? Not sure about that. The yellow engine light being on concerns me. Or it could be because the airbox was broken and isn't sealing the air sensor can't get a decent reading.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
I think they were using my car as their "cruiser." The wheels were left on it as were the expensive tires. Not sure what to do... they MUST have had a key made someplace. Only way to explain it. I'm sure if they're into Hondas/Acuras they know people at dealerships, probably kick them back some money. No key was found with my car so it's still out there someplace... Thing is it is rough to start. I assume if the ECU was removed it wouldn't even start. Looks like they broke open the ECU box but maybe the 6 speed is different? Not sure about that. The yellow engine light being on concerns me. Or it could be because the airbox was broken and isn't sealing the air sensor can't get a decent reading.
I think you're rite!...all very weird... gonna need the once over at an Acura dealership most likely to get it all back running like you want... insurance should get it back into pre- messed with condition...
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Banned

Your going to fix it right? If you have insurance pay for the damage, won't it get a Salvage title for theft?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I have insurnace. Salvage is if it is totalled out and I buy it. I will have a theft recovery on my CarFAX that'll do wonders for crappy resale value!

Your going to fix it right? If you have insurance pay for the damage, won't it get a Salvage title for theft?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 AM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
damn, glad you got it back
Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
you are so lucky but i had a feeling you are going to got it back. im happy with you. but now you have put some money for a security or just keep the car in the garage. i have never kept my car on the street... it happens only when i am out of town in the NY in my gf house. but then i can not sleep cuz i am sick of this that my car can be stolen or demaged or whatever. nightmare.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6

They also found my credit card/check card info and cleaned out my bank account. Over $3,500.00 worth of stuff. My bank is in the process of crediting this money back to me. These dudes are hardcore theives. Scary thing is there is still a key to my car out there...
glad you got your car back but why would you leave your bank account info. in your car?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I'm confused. Why is the car not in the possession of the police? That sounds like a professional ring there. The car & all evidence should be going through forensics right now. I'm sure there are prints & crap all over the car. Sounds to me teh police should be able to trace some of it & make some arrests.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

But look on the bright side. You got your car back and they didn't crash it!

There is one thing that is bothering me though. Why did they break the glove box lock but not the ignition?

I used to work in an Acura parts dept, and cutting keys was one of my jobs. You need the vin from the car, the corresponding key code from honda corp website, and the key cutting tool which you punch in the code and then manually cut the key. The point is all this is still no good if the key doesn't get "coded" to the ecu and immobilizer with the proper tools from the shop. The thieves would need a crooked parts guy and tech to get both parts done, because each does not have access to the others equipment. Doubt it...

My guess is the reason they had your ecu out is because they hacked it somehow to get the engine to start and they never actually had a physical key in your ignition. We all know that if you had a actual key to the ignition It would open the glove box too. This probably means that thieves can override our immobilizer system. Great....
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
ok ok

info on how they got yoru car working.

its all over the internet that bypassing the ECU is as easy as opening up the box and removing the upper chip thats installed as the immobolizer.

once that is removed, the car will start.

ive also heard of theives stealing vins and getting keys made at the dealer. but since they cracked ur ecu that means they made a copy of your key at sometime and u didnt notice it.

there is software that cuts keys with a picture now.

i wouldve given the pipe to the cops, lots of saliva on there and it brings the GTA charge up to a possession charge. cops love that

glad u got it back, the insurance should give u new tires, new ecu, and if u push new locks and keys.

for other people reading this board, i cover my vin by sliding a notecard over it between the windshield and my dash for this very purpose.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I'm confused. Why is the car not in the possession of the police? That sounds like a professional ring there. The car & all evidence should be going through forensics right now. I'm sure there are prints & crap all over the car. Sounds to me teh police should be able to trace some of it & make some arrests.
I work in the forensics field and honestly, they don't care about this. They aren't gonna print the car and they aren't likely to look into it much. SFPD has much bigger issues to deal with.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
yeah they wont seriously look at his car like that, they might just think its a one time thing that his car got stolen, same shit happened with my celica, but lucky me i had no credit car info left in my car when they stole it. But it was like you said they used it as a cruiser and what not, and when i got it back I told the cops to check it before I touch it but they said they really wouldn't look into it other than to get prints and that is about it. and my car was wrecked when i got it back so i took the check and bought the cl.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

SFPD isn't going to spend much time on this stuff probably because they don't have the resources. Maybe with the evidence I gave them from other theft rings there will be some incentive but I'm sure they have too much to do. The ECU module was cracked open... maybe to remove that thing maybe not I'm not sure. Still don't know why the engine has to crank 5 times before it starts.

I think they know someone on the inside. Only explanation.

And I should have said the glovebox lock was INTACT but the plastic surrounding it was busted.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad it's back, hopefully it will get back to the way it was before it was stolen.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Well that's just is nonsense. By the description it's not some thug looking for a joyride.
I wouldn't want that car back. No telling what it was used for.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Sundance Gold in

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Well that's just is nonsense. By the description it's not some thug looking for a joyride.
I wouldn't want that car back. No telling what it was used for.
I would not want this car back either. You may never find out what this vahicle went thru over those short 3 weeks... Your ECM immobiliser thing had to be overriden by those crooks. What immobiliser does, it disables fuel pump - nothing else .What thieves did is they connected Fuel pump power directly to "hot on start circuit" and now it does not get that 3 second prime - like when started normally. Thats why you have to crank it to start

Last edited by celynka; 09-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Stolen CL found, then stolen again..