Innovative motor mount discussion. **New mount info on page 13**

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL experience

My Thoughts on Innovative for the TL. Don't get them.
As some of you know I've been able to meet Tim and Co at Innovative in face to face conversations several times in the past. I've gone over concerns I've had and AZ has had on the whole. They have not come through for us.
I own the last version of the horizontal (bushings on the sides of the mount) configuration of mounts for it looks like a year and a half. While this is an achievement and has decently held up I have recently decided to move back to OEM.
After my mechanic replaced the rear IM mount i noticed the rear bushings were pretty beat up. The TL engine does stress those things out. I did notice some increased vibrations.
This is where there may be a slight variation between the TL and the CL. I recall most saying that going OEM on the rear and IM on front and side will suffice.
I decided to look at my mounts today and I found that the front mount is quite stretched and doughed since the OEM was put in. The side mount also shows stress and the bushing look to be stress at opposite points.
At this point i'm going to remove my recommendation for the *TL only* even going partial IM configuration. I will reserve my belief until i take some pictures and look at it some more. Maybe even wait after i put in a front OEM mount.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
i guess i should count myself as lucky as mine have not entirely doughed yet (i can see it though in the front), and that there are no intense vibrations.. maybe it has to do with heat? my climate is very cold for 1/2 the year...
Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I just got an update on some work that is being done to produce aftermarket mounts for us. Their finalizing the proto-type and as soon as they are ready they'll let me know and I'll update as appropriate.

Note: They are taking a more comprehensive approach this time. The biggest being that they have some test cars at their shop and will be doing their own fitment assessment, so cross your fingers.

Ruf
Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RUF87
I just got an update on some work that is being done to produce aftermarket mounts for us. Their finalizing the proto-type and as soon as they are ready they'll let me know and I'll update as appropriate.

Note: They are taking a more comprehensive approach this time. The biggest being that they have some test cars at their shop and will be doing their own fitment assessment, so cross your fingers.

Ruf
Not that it changes my decision at this moment for moving back to OEM. But do they have any TLs in the test bunch? I may consider this for when my OEMs die (which shouldn't be for sometime.)
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TheSentinel
Not that it changes my decision at this moment for moving back to OEM. But do they have any TLs in the test bunch? I may consider this for when my OEMs die (which shouldn't be for sometime.)
Yes, they are fully aware of the problems we have with the IM product and lack of quality testing. They won't even send me a test batch until they've tested them on their test cars and are satisfied with them. Once they are satisfied they will send out a few field test units.

Ruf
Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely subscribed! Great info and feedback! Just got my CL and the front and passenger mounts need to be replaced (they are worn not broken), but I only plan on doing all 3 at the same time and from the same vendor. Hope my "new" toy hold out long enough!