Old 04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
These things appear to be hit and miss
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-S
I got tired of the excessive vibration problem and tried trouble shooting with the new innovative mount, but with no luck. I just ended up putting the old innovative one back on and now the problem is gone.
weird my new one is just fine. I used the rubber vibra mount though, that may help i duuno
Old 04-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Silvaccordex01
weird my new one is just fine. I used the rubber vibra mount though, that may help i duuno
Yeah I agree. I'm going to call innovative monday around mid-day and see whats up. I guess I got lucky since the first side mount worked fine. Didn't strike twice with the replacement though.

What do you mean by rubber vibra mount?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Pro

That little rubber piece thing thats on the bolt when you take it off. Its on the metall bracket.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
-Arsenic-

So you aren't getting these crazy vibrations?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Airman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I don't have the side yet, waiting for my replacement, but I do have the front & rear & yes wheel hop is almost gone. I have a ton more traction from a stop now.
When you called innovative for the replacement side mount did they give you any issues? Also, do you happend to know an approximate turn around time for the replacement to arrive? and I am assuming we would have to send the old side mount back correct? TIA.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Uses turn signals in my

That little rubber piece thing thats on the bolt when you take it off. Its on the metall bracket.
The little box looking thing?

I had it on with the original innovative side mount, took it off for the new updated side mount, and kept it off when I replaced it back with my original innovative side mount.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by slowcl-s
When you called innovative for the replacement side mount did they give you any issues? Also, do you happend to know an approximate turn around time for the replacement to arrive? and I am assuming we would have to send the old side mount back correct? TIA.
Excelerate is handling the replacement. I've been screwed around with it, so I just stopped complaining. I'll be 1 of the last to get their replacement. The old mount is sitting in the box. Not sure what to do with it yet.

If your ordering a new set of mounts no one should have these problems as long as Innovative has them in stock & they are correct fitment. From what I've been told the new front & rear mounts that lesson the vibrations are not done yet & will be a few weeks(or months) before the 3 piece set is ready. I would wait till they have the set before ordering. It will save yourself a lot of empty promises.

I've been so upset I just shut up about it. I'll install the new side & go from there.
Do understand though, it's all on innovative & not Excelerate
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 AM
-Arsenic-

Excelerate is handling the replacement. I've been screwed around with it, so I just stopped complaining. I'll be 1 of the last to get their replacement. The old mount is sitting in the box. Not sure what to do with it yet.

If your ordering a new set of mounts no one should have these problems as long as Innovative has them in stock & they are correct fitment. From what I've been told the new front & rear mounts that lesson the vibrations are not done yet & will be a few weeks(or months) before the 3 piece set is ready. I would wait till they have the set before ordering. It will save yourself a lot of empty promises.

I've been so upset I just shut up about it. I'll install the new side & go from there.
Looks like I have to wait a few MORE weeks then. *sigh*
Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Pro

Lightbulb

Update:

I was the one person on here that got all 3 2nd generation mounts. All they did on the 2nd generation 6 speed rear was dremel out the lower portion of the steel ring on the inside. Thats it. I took out the bushings to see what they changed, if they put in a whole solid poly bushing or just modified the interior steel collar, and that what they did just dremeled out, and its raw, so they did it after it was powdercoated. The newest ones may be done first than powdercoated but obviously i cant verify that. I can post pix here in thenext day or so for people that want to see.

The updated front is really updated, there is no nipple hole now and its labeled F for front, so i think the front is completely new, and not just dremeled out.But that i cant verify either.

So if you have a 6 speed and dont want to wait for innovative just dremel out the lower portion of the inside steel collar
Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Update:

I was the one person on here that got all 3 2nd generation mounts. All they did on the 2nd generation 6 speed rear was dremel out the lower portion of the steel ring on the inside. Thats it. I took out the bushings to see what they changed, if they put in a whole solid poly bushing or just modified the interior steel collar, and that what they did just dremeled out, and its raw, so they did it after it was powdercoated. The newest ones may be done first than powdercoated but obviously i cant verify that. I can post pix here in thenext day or so for people that want to see.

The updated front is really updated, there is no nipple hole now and its labeled F for front, so i think the front is completely new, and not just dremeled out.But that i cant verify either.

So if you have a 6 speed and dont want to wait for innovative just dremel out the lower portion of the inside steel collar
well if we were to dremel out that inner collar the 2 smaller bushings on the ends of the barrel will act differently than one solid bushing. i'm leaving it all alone.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Crappy fedex ground decided to deliver my new side mount at 10:30pm last night. So I'll have to install it after work today.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Crappy fedex ground decided to deliver my new side mount at 10:30pm last night. So I'll have to install it after work today.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator

New Side Installed.....

1- On my car I chose to take the engine bracket off 1st & then the mount.
Well, I had to leave everything loose before it would line back up to the engine. Might be because the innovative mount is a little skinner then stock & had to bend the bracket around the mount when tightened. Once things were tight it lined up.(if I installed the entire mount with the bracket on as a unit I may not have had this issue.)

2- The car is smoother! & the handling is a little tighter. My serious vibrations may have been because I had a broken stock side mount & this made the (normal added vibrations) a lot worse on my car.
The vibrations are still there & it rides a bit more rough, but is a ton less then I had before.
My bad vibrations at idle with the AC on have been subdued as well.
My car is livable now.

3- I drove a little hard after install & still had wheel hop though. Not as bad as without the mounts but still there. Although I smoked the tires a little so the power IS getting to the ground better. I also have my tires pumped to 42 psi cold.

Going to drive it a bit & see what happens.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:54 PM
OG 3.x^7 rawr

I got my mount today and will install it sometime next week when I do my timing belt.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by distortedolskool
well if we were to dremel out that inner collar the 2 smaller bushings on the ends of the barrel will act differently than one solid bushing. i'm leaving it all alone.
The bushing is not solid, its just like the first generation, its 2 pieces with the collar in the center. I will post pix later today
Old 05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
sigh . . . got my new side mount about 2 weeks ago, but I've been so busy I've not had time to mess with it.

I will get it done this weekend and report back. The vibrations are wearing me out. What's interesting is that a couple of weeks ago I noticed it doesn't vibrate at all in reverse, well no more than I would have expected. Since I really don't keep it in reverse much, I just happened to have it in reverse when the wifey asked me to pick something up to eat on the way back, so it was in reverse for several seconds and that's when I made the connection.

What does this mean? Well here's some of my thoughts. I did the install in 2 parts. First the side and front one weekend. No problems other than the side mount alignment issues, and no vibrations . . . other than the expect very minor ones. The next weekend I installed the rear, and that's when it all started. I never thought the side mount was a factor in the vibration problem.

Several pages back I comments on my 'debugging' success. I noted that the vibrations were noted as load was placed on the engine. Basically bad vibrations and sounds in gear and under acceleration. My thought was that as load was placed on the engine, the engine torque would place more force on the front and rear mounts.

At the time I didn't notice that it was only a problem in the forward gears. This recent finding that it DOES NOT vibrate like a rocket blasting off in to space when in reverse. It will vibrate at idle in a forward gear, but not reverse. This now leads me to believe that the problem is solely with the rear mount.

Anyway, I'll replace the side mount just to make sure that factor is eliminated. If it still does it, I'll see if I can locate a used rear mount some where and remove the Innovative mount. My bet is that the vibrations are gone. What does this mean . . . don't know for sure . . . it could be a fluke and I got a bad rear mount from Innovative . . . maybe they sent one with the wrong bushing . . . but I will find out sooner or later.

Ruf
Old 05-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
WHY is there a signature required for this to be delivered? i work 9-6... they deliver between 9 and 5, and the place is only open mon-fri 9-5 for pickup.... how the fuck am i supposed to get the package? idiots. signature required on a $50 car part.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanCL
WHY is there a signature required for this to be delivered? i work 9-6... they deliver between 9 and 5, and the place is only open mon-fri 9-5 for pickup.... how the fuck am i supposed to get the package? idiots. signature required on a $50 car part.
i had the same damn issue. Fedex Home is crap. took me about 4 days till i got off early enough to go get my package. not to mention their office is 30 minutes outside of town in BFE.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah a sig was dumb, I'm kinda glad they came so late so I was home. Cause I too would not have been home normal hours.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
got my side mount today. they shipped by UPS (not USPS as i've specified) and i had to pay an extra $51 just to accept it! what bullshit.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

PS. i talked to Craig at innovative, he 'thinks' that only the redesigned side mount will be sent out, not the other redesigned ones.

how is it feeling tho?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

SO were do I find the Pricing info on these. I need new mounts. I checked a few pages in here, but don't have time to read 20+ pages. I went to the vendors excelerate's web and there was nothing, just a few intakes and a exhaust.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 AM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

got all of mine installed.
notes:
1. in terms of difficulty, side is easiest, then front, then rear. the rear took over 8 hrs to do, mainly due to lack of room and the center bolt was hard to undo. also, undo the damper bracket for easier access to the last bolt.
2. it's much easier to line things up with the mounts all unbolted... than trying to force things in. with that said, i noticed the passenger side of the engine was raised about 1-2" over stock settings.
3. car is louder at WOT in 1st and 2nd, but not through other gears. it does sound like an exhaust-y noise, but i can't be sure (maybe it's something rubbing)
4. i can make the noise in 1st if i'm on the clutch and gas at the same time, but not if i'm in 1st and rolling (even from 800rpm)
5. along those lines, i can make the noise/grinding noise on a turn in 1st/2nd, but only if i'm on the clutch. does not happen in reverse, as noted a few pages earlier.
6. vibrations are very easy to live with, even with A/C forced on (most noticeable at idle). when i do a poor shift, there is more vibration than stock.
7. did a burn out at 3000rpm, clutch drop, instead of wheel hop. felt goooooooood.. car performs very good now. i used to rev the engine to check the imrc, and i never realized this, but when i rev it now, the engine moves maybe 1cm. before it would move at least 1.5" (3cm).. crazy.
8. only my side mount was broken, the front and rear still look good. 6 speed cars only have a front hydraulic mount, not the rear. my 'nipple' on the front was installed backwards as well (same as mike), because the nipple is supposed to align the engine bracket. not too happy with that; i had to undo the front and install the nipple.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Wheel hop? Better take off? Does it feel more planted now?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Originally Posted by rp_guy
7. did a burn out at 3000rpm, clutch drop, instead of wheel hop. felt goooooooood.. car performs very good now. i used to rev the engine to check the imrc, and i never realized this, but when i rev it now, the engine moves maybe 1cm. before it would move at least 1.5" (3cm).. crazy.
8. only my side mount was broken, the front and rear still look good. 6 speed cars only have a front hydraulic mount, not the rear. my 'nipple' on the front was installed backwards as well (same as mike), because the nipple is supposed to align the engine bracket. not too happy with that; i had to undo the front and install the nipple.
damn 5 min editing

7. did a clutch drop at 3000rpm, and instead of wheel hop, got a long burn out.. felt goooooooood.. car performs very good now. i used to rev the engine to check the imrc, and i never realized this, but when i rev it now, the engine moves maybe 1cm. before it would move at least 1.5" (3cm).. crazy. haven't tried a faster speed, but i did a 3000rpm launch (with a small burnout) and it just feels more powerful. 1st and 2nd feel more powerful (on a roll). maybe it's just my own perception, but my gf said the same thing.
8. only my side mount was broken, the front and rear still look good. 6 speed cars only have a front hydraulic mount, the rear is solid rubber. my 'nipple' on the front was installed backwards as well (same as mike), because the nipple is supposed to align the engine bracket (and should be on the front of the car in both front mounts, and facing the rear on the rear auto mount). not too happy with that; i had to undo the front and install the nipple.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
SO were do I find the Pricing info on these. I need new mounts. I checked a few pages in here, but don't have time to read 20+ pages. I went to the vendors excelerate's web and there was nothing, just a few intakes and a exhaust.
i think it's $330. i don't believe the front and rear mounts have been redesigned so i'd check w/our vendor Excelerate
Old 05-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My engine mounts have been shot for about a year now and i'm waiting on the R&D from you guys! Are these new mounts safe to buy now? All the bugs gone?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Kilos of yayo in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as they will be. You got an auto or manual?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by rp_guy
got all of mine installed.
notes:
2. it's much easier to line things up with the mounts all unbolted... than trying to force things in. with that said, i noticed the passenger side of the engine was raised about 1-2" over stock settings.
3. car is louder at WOT in 1st and 2nd, but not through other gears. it does sound like an exhaust-y noise, but i can't be sure (maybe it's something rubbing)
I'm sure you double checked to make sure that the front and rear weren't switched . . . but just in case this is a reminder on that.

Ruf
Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by Misdby1
My engine mounts have been shot for about a year now and i'm waiting on the R&D from you guys! Are these new mounts safe to buy now? All the bugs gone?

Well, while there are some folks who aren't dealing with the excessive vibrations, there are a few of us who are. My recommendation is to wait until I get my resolved. I expect to have a resolution within a few weeks.

If you can't wait, you could install the side and front mounts for now. My front and rear were totally ripped apart. The rear was ruptured, but still intact. I initially installed the side and front because I didn't have time to tackle the rear the same day. I had no problems with vibrations and since it seems that the front and side take most of the abuse, the rear should hold out for a while . . . if it's still intact.

Stay tuned . .

Ruf
Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by RUF87
sigh . . . got my new side mount about 2 weeks ago, but I've been so busy I've not had time to mess with it.

I will get it done this weekend and report back. The vibrations are wearing me out. What's interesting is that a couple of weeks ago I noticed it doesn't vibrate at all in reverse, well no more than I would have expected. Since I really don't keep it in reverse much, I just happened to have it in reverse when the wifey asked me to pick something up to eat on the way back, so it was in reverse for several seconds and that's when I made the connection.

What does this mean? Well here's some of my thoughts. I did the install in 2 parts. First the side and front one weekend. No problems other than the side mount alignment issues, and no vibrations . . . other than the expect very minor ones. The next weekend I installed the rear, and that's when it all started. I never thought the side mount was a factor in the vibration problem.

Several pages back I comments on my 'debugging' success. I noted that the vibrations were noted as load was placed on the engine. Basically bad vibrations and sounds in gear and under acceleration. My thought was that as load was placed on the engine, the engine torque would place more force on the front and rear mounts.

At the time I didn't notice that it was only a problem in the forward gears. This recent finding that it DOES NOT vibrate like a rocket blasting off in to space when in reverse. It will vibrate at idle in a forward gear, but not reverse. This now leads me to believe that the problem is solely with the rear mount.

Anyway, I'll replace the side mount just to make sure that factor is eliminated. If it still does it, I'll see if I can locate a used rear mount some where and remove the Innovative mount. My bet is that the vibrations are gone. What does this mean . . . don't know for sure . . . it could be a fluke and I got a bad rear mount from Innovative . . . maybe they sent one with the wrong bushing . . . but I will find out sooner or later.

Ruf
Okay, so I didn't get it done that weekend, but I did get it done this weekend. It was the quickest swap out ever . . . 12 mins . . . once you've done it 3 or 4 times it's a breeze . . anyway, the verdict is . . . mixed.

In regard to the side mount itself, everything bolted right up this time . . . no jacking up the engine and moving it around.

As for fixing the major vibration problems . . . Houston . . . we have liftoff . . it still vibrates like a rocket launch when in a forward gear.

Well, I'm over 90% sure, maybe even 99 44/100s sure that there's a problem with the rear mount. I'm going to mess with it some more and talk to Innovative and see if we can figure something out. If not, I may even try modifying the rear mount myself. Stay tuned.

Ruf
Old 05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Pro

Its going to probably be a combination of the front and rear mounts. Both of those mounts stock with autos are hydraulic mounts to reduce the amount of vibrations felt inside the car. So i think having those stiffer mounts in there that arent hydraulic are going to cause some major vibrations. So i think no matter what its just going to have to be something your going to have to live with. Even with the redesigned front and rear mounts there were vibrations...

Update from me

I ended up selling my mounts because i just didnt like the vibrations, even with the redesigned front and rear mounts. So now i have all new stock mounts in my car. The front and side were basically new already when i got the Inn mounts but when i put everything stock back in i decided to put a new rear mount in too, so that way i wont be redoing that mount anytime soon because its a major pita. Now my car is back to being smooth as glass and im very happy. And to be honest now that ive had both options, the innovative mounts didnt make that much improvments (for wheel hop and stuff) over stock mounts, maybe a little but not enough to make me wanna deal with the vibrations. Maybe that was becasue im a 6 speed so my rear mount and torque stix (whatever those things are called) are better and make things a little more stiffer. Who knows. Im just glad im not going to be swapping any more mounts any time soon! After doing it 3-4 times on the side, 3 times on the front and 3 times in the rear im glad im done
Old 05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

I'm sure you double checked to make sure that the front and rear weren't switched . . . but just in case this is a reminder on that.

Ruf
6 speed.. no way to mess that up.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator

After driving some, I'm actually pleased. My car doesn't seem all that bad now with vibrations.

I still get some bad vibration if I don't give the car enough gas in 1st gear, or if I am in 2nd at low speed(taking off from a light) But nothing like I was having before. I guess my serious complaints were because I had a broken stock side with the new front & rear & that just made it a ton worse then what it should be.
On my 6mt wheel hop is significantly improved. Maybe it's a combo of tires & suspension as well?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Billy Sacco
As much as they will be. You got an auto or manual?
01 S Auto

Is it $300 for all 3 mounts?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Lead Footed

All righty . . this is primarily for those with an auto tranny.

Who besides me has all 3 Innovative mounts installed, and is still experiencing bad vibrations when in drive and or under acceleration?

Ruf
Old 05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Lead Footed

Who besides me has all 3 Innovative mounts installed, and is still experiencing bad vibrations when in drive and or under acceleration?

Ruf
In additon, please note if you had or have the Innovative rear mount installed. I think I recall some who installed it, but then took it out.

Ruf
Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
i had the rear mount in for about a month and hated the vibrations and noise. loved the engine note in the cabin though. swapped it out and left the side and front mounts in and life is great.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 PM
-Arsenic-

Ruf

dammit.

Quick Reply: Innovative motor mount discussion. **New mount info on page 13**