2005 TSX Rumors/News -- Availability info from Justin P.21 *MSRP $26,990* Pg 22

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
I want heated mirrors. It doesn't bother you because you have them. I just think it's a dumb move on Honda's part to make the '04 US car the ONLY one in the world without this feature. I've been cheated.
Your right that it makes no sense no to have included them for the US, but trust me, they're useless, I've never used them. And this is now the 3rd car I've had with and I've never used them on any of the 3.

Now one touch pass win and mem seats would be nice. But thats a X 1,000,000,000,000
Old 08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the price difference? It SHOULD be more expensive than the 04 msvp, correct?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
Now one touch pass win and mem seats would be nice. But thats a X 1,000,000,000,000
What upsets me is that Acura could have added both the items you mentioned with very little effort or expense, but they choose not to. Kind of makes you wonder exactly how Acura decided on the 2005 changes that are coming. It's very clear they do NOT listen to customers and prospective buyers!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:41 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iamhomin
What about the price difference? It SHOULD be more expensive than the 04 msvp, correct?
Based on Honda/Acura history, I bet the 2005 model's MSRP is the same with only the destination charges inching up slightly.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by STL
What upsets me is that Acura could have added both the items you mentioned with very little effort or expense, but they choose not to. Kind of makes you wonder exactly how Acura decided on the 2005 changes that are coming. It's very clear they do NOT listen to customers and prospective buyers!

EXACTLY! And then to top it all off, they decide to slap it on there ONE YEAR after the cars been around (adding insult to injury). I remember thinking "Jesus, I wish I had heated mirrors right now!" a thousand times last winter. It's just one more thing to scrape ice off of. Granted, that doesn't take a long time, but it's still annoying.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:44 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Ooops, I didn't see Colins post on page 6.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by STL
As big as we may think we are, it's possible that acura has never seen this site before. Most of their decisions are going to be made purely by their own market research.

If Car and Driver did a review and said "the lack of memory seats clearly makes the TSX inadequate in this market" you can bet we'd have memory seats in 2005.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:46 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by STL
Kind of makes you wonder exactly how Acura decided on the 2005 changes that are coming. It's very clear they do NOT listen to customers and prospective buyers!

Yup, X alot.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
As big as we may think we are, it's possible that acura has never seen this site before. Most of their decisions are going to be made purely by their own market research.

If Car and Driver did a review and said "the lack of memory seats clearly makes the TSX inadequate in this market" you can bet we'd have memory seats in 2005.
All that means is that their initial market research was .

Edit: Finally get to use this smiley....
Old 08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Photography Nerd

Oh, and another thing... Do you know how many people go into determining what features and color choices are available? In Canada there is one guy responsible for that job. It's not like there are hundreds of people interviewing potential car owners what they would like to see. I'm sure they have a small team conducting studies and analyzing trends in other similar cars but it's really not that big of a department.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:51 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

All that means is that their initial market research was .
And their research for the 2005 model wasn't any better!

Oh well, if I don't end up buying a TSX this fall then Acura has no one the blame but themselves (or more specifically their worthless marketing research department).
Old 08-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Oh, and another thing... Do you know how many people go into determining what features and color choices are available? In Canada there is one guy responsible for that job. It's not like there are hundreds of people interviewing potential car owners what they would like to see. I'm sure they have a small team conducting studies and analyzing trends in other similar cars but it's really not that big of a department.
And that's why they make screw-ups like this.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by STL
And their research for the 2005 model wasn't any better!

Oh well, if I don't end up buying a TSX this fall then Acura has no one the blame but themselves (or more specifically their worthless marketing research department).
So memory seats are a big enough reason not to buy the car?

What other features are missing that are deal breakers?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

As big as we may think we are, it's possible that acura has never seen this site before.
Maybe they haven't, but that would just further proved how poor their marketing research department is. Even if they haven't found this site, I firmly believe this forum is a fairly good representation of all their current and potential customers (except for the fact we're probably slightly more performance oriented) so they should have "gotten the picture" anyhow. Furthermore, if Acura's marketing folks aren't seeking out forums like this one and periodically doing keyword searches then they aren't really doing their jobs well.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:01 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

So memory seats are a big enough reason not to buy the car?
No, but the lack of them means I'll be looking at a lot of other different cars that don't have them. If the 2005 model had added them then I'd already be in line to get a TSX. Some people might say just get a TL, but it's a totally different car than neither I nor my wife liked (and that has about zero to do with cost). Acura really dropped the ball...
Old 08-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Pro

I still say the biggest feature missing on the Canadian cars are the headlight washers - as the Euro Accord is equipped with. For the amount of salt/sand that our roads have in the winter, this would be a really useful feature - waaaaayyyy more useful than heated mirrors.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:04 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Oh, and another thing... Do you know how many people go into determining what features and color choices are available? In Canada there is one guy responsible for that job.
And that's Acura's fault not mine!!

It's not like there are hundreds of people interviewing potential car owners what they would like to see. I'm sure they have a small team conducting studies and analyzing trends in other similar cars but it's really not that big of a department.
They don't need hundreds of people, but they do need to work smarter instead of harder. I suspect they are relying on almost the exact the same market research techniques they did 5-10 years ago -- instead of using resources like this site and others like it.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by STL
No, but the lack of them means I'll be looking at a lot of other different cars that don't have them. If the 2005 model had added them then I'd already be in line to get a TSX. Some people might say just get a TL, but it's a totally different car than neither I nor my wife liked (and that has about zero to do with cost). Acura really dropped the ball...
Kudos, you're a lot more thorough in your car shopping than I am.

I would never turn away a car because it lacked power seats.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by STL
And that's Acura's fault not mine!!

They don't need hundreds of people, but they do need to work smarter instead of harder. I suspect they are relying on almost the exact the same market research techniques they did 5-10 years ago -- instead of using resources like this site and others like it.
So write them a letter!

Complaining on a site that they don't read isn't going to do any good.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:15 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Kudos, you're a lot more thorough in your car shopping than I am.
I would never turn away a car because it lacked power seats.
Did you even read my reply? I did NOT say that -- and I've been talking about memory settings for the driver's seat and now power seats.

The fact the TSX does not have memory seats means it's no better (in that particular area) then many other cars I am considering; therefore, I will now be taking a closer look at all of them (including the 2005 TSX) before deciding. If Acura would have added that cheap feature, then they could have set themselves apart. Instead their archaic and inept marketing research decided to add a heavier power passenger seat which will only decrease the car's performance.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:18 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

So write them a letter!
Honestly, I doubt it would ever get read by anyone with the power to change things.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by STL
Did you even read my reply? I did NOT say that -- and I've been talking about memory settings for the driver's seat and now power seats.

The fact the TSX does not have memory seats means it's no better (in that particular area) then many other cars I am considering; therefore, I will now be taking a closer look at all of them (including the 2005 TSX) before deciding. If Acura would have added that cheap feature, then they could have set themselves apart. Instead their archaic and inept marketing research decided to add a heavier power passenger seat which is only decrease performance.
The way I understood your reply it sounded like if the TSX had memory seats you would buy one for sure but because it doesn't you're going to have to shop around.

I was trying to say it wouldn't even be a consideration on my list. Nice to have but wouldn't affect my buying decision.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

I was trying to say it wouldn't even be a consideration on my list. Nice to have but wouldn't affect my buying decision.
I bet you drive an automatic, right? My wife and I both drive MTs, and with them seat position is much more critical. Even though we're about the same height, she has longer legs and I have a longer torso so we require different seat positions. So memory seats are not a dealer breaker, but they could be a deal maker.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by STL
I bet you drive an automatic, right? My wife and I both drive MTs, and with them seat position is much more critical. Even though we're about the same height, she has longer legs and I have a longer torso so we require different seat positions. So memory seats are not a dealer breaker, but they could be a deal maker.
simple solution, don't let your wife drive your car
Old 08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by STL
6MT

I fully understand the need for proper seating position and mirror placement.

Happy car shopping.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:07 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I don't how I ever kept my GS-R and 5MT Civic in a straight line without power seats

You guys are taking this 6MT and power seat thing a tad far I think. Now where's Clutch to detail why the 6MT needs an exact seating postion
Old 08-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Photography Nerd

If power seats were an option on the TSX I probably wouldn't have got them. I'd appreciate the weight savings more than the motors.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Photography Nerd

Actually my ideal TSX would be a lot more stripped than this one. I would lose the sunroof and power seat, change the leather to a good cloth.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Actually my ideal TSX would be a lot more stripped than this one. I would lose the sunroof and power seat, change the leather to a good cloth.

No Moonroof, leather, pwr seat, heat mirr or CD Changer for me.

Funny that the 3 things I never had before I can't live without now. HID's, VSA and the ever important Auto dimming rear view mirror.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Photography Nerd

I'd love to see a sub 3,000 lb TSX and pocket the $1500 or so in material savings. I like the CD changer but I think I'd use a factory installed RCA input more.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:42 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xizor
simple solution, don't let your wife drive your car
The problem is this is going to her car! At least initially it will be, but I suspect eventually she'll make me trade in my Tacoma DoubleCab for a SUV -- then the TSX will be mine. I can't really complain though because the S2000 is mine!!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:46 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

If power seats were an option on the TSX I probably wouldn't have got them. I'd appreciate the weight savings more than the motors.
You know without memory settings on the power drivers seat, I too would just as well have a manual seat. I have said several times before the power seat is a worthless weight addition without the added functionality of memory settings. It's like Acura half-arse'd it when the put in a power seat with no settings.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
6 speed yo!

update on 2005 model****

daytime running lights standard
Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Half arsed it as well with no pwr pass seat.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:56 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
update on 2005 model****

daytime running lights standard

So the US is getting something else Canada's already had
Old 08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
6 speed yo!

so is this everything?....

power pass seat, daytime running light, heated mirrors, couple new colors, beep instead of horn honk, xm radio standard instead of optional,
Old 08-26-2004, 02:18 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
so is this everything?....
I've only seen you mention the new colors and DRLs (for the US). Who's your source?

We probably won't really know all the 2005 changes for another month.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:29 PM
6 speed yo!

oh the manager at my dealership told me today.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Ewwwww... DRLs? No thanks. It's almost worth not having heated mirrors.

Edit: haven't we determined that dealers aren't reliable sources?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:42 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Edit: haven't we determined that dealers aren't reliable sources?
I'd say that's about 99% true.

Quick Reply: 2005 TSX Rumors/News -- Availability info from Justin P.21 *MSRP $26,990* Pg 22