Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 05:59 PM
Random Flasher!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey eman, are those M6 just plain white? Are they alot brighter than the stock ones?? Also, if any knows anyone that has a miata or civic that wants some new wheels, i got a friend that is selling a brand new set of 18" konig tantrums with yoko paradas
Old 12-25-2001, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old 12-25-2001, 11:10 PM
Instructor

hanzie, the bulbs are actually a little bluer. they match the headlights alot better than the stock. they are also brighter. these are 15W compared to 5W.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:06 PM
Random Flasher!

cool, are you gonna be busy next week? Is there any time that i can meet up with you to get those bulbs?
Old 12-27-2001, 11:08 AM
Instructor

it looks like your schedule is a little trickier since you live in FW. gimme a call when you want to meet and we'll get together.

Ed
Old 12-28-2001, 04:18 PM
Instructor

well, its almost the new year. anyone up for a meet? say, this weekend maybe?
Old 12-28-2001, 04:41 PM
Instructor

i'm up for tomorrow afternoon..

just got my car back from mcdavid- they had it for 2 days to fix my wrinkled door trim, and replaced the motor for the power seat.. somehow it broke.. i'm glad to get rid of that dinky integra

say 4ish again? same place?
Old 12-28-2001, 06:35 PM
Instructor

lets see what kinda turnout we can get first. maybe something earlier? say 2:30?
Old 12-28-2001, 06:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Count me in fellas. I'll be there.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:50 PM
Instructor

well, thats me, mantis, duckblue...

anyone else? is 2:30 ok?
Old 12-28-2001, 07:14 PM
Instructor

its better for me if we do some time after 3:30, as i get off work at 3 and its around downtown
Old 12-28-2001, 07:17 PM
Instructor

well what about 4:30 then? everyone cool with that?
Old 12-29-2001, 11:17 AM
Instructor

hey guys. something came up and i am not 100% sure that i will be able to make it. i will try my hardest though. sorry.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:36 PM
Instructor

so.. uhh.. how many are still planning to show?
Old 12-29-2001, 10:26 PM
SHIFT_god

did anyone show, from what duckblue told me, no one even confirmed showin up........

course whoever showed prolly had a bunch of ricers checkin 'em out as Java is a ricer hang out on Sat nights.....

hehehe
Old 01-01-2002, 01:52 AM
SHIFT_god

ok, so this might sound a bit corney, but Happy New Year everyone! Just thought i'd tell the coolest ppl in Big D that......

so good luck to everyone and their possibly tranny problems and any other problem they may come across.......
Old 01-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Texas Motor Plex Racing Starts March 1st in Ennis. Every Friday Night.

Ultimate Street Night
Racer Entry........$15
Spectator Entry....$8

Fast Friday
Racer Entry: $15
Student Racer: $12
Spectator Entry: $8
Student Spectator: $5

These 2 alternate every other Friday.

Schedule info at http://www.texasmotorplex.com/news2.php?news_id=46&
Old 01-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Random Flasher!

Hey mantis,
well it looks like my girlfriend, sarah, beat you on a new tranny with less miles hehee. She is getting a new trans. with 7000 miles on her car!! Ridiculous huh! I'm next too!!! We should start a new tranny thread, just to see who else has a replaced tranny
Old 01-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Holy crap that sucks. I know how you feel. What kind of time frame did you GF get? Weeks? MONTHS? Gimme details.

You said you were next too, does that mean your ride is in the shop now awaiting a new tranny? Or are you still driving it around until it gives out completly?
Old 01-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey, I see in your sig. you rewired your road lamps. Did you have to go out and buy a fog light switch? How hard was it? How long did it take? I know I could look it up how to do it, but I'm too damn lazy. :P I want to do it too.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Random Flasher!

um, actually it was a pain in the ass!!! My boss up at Alta Mere in plano helped me do it, he actually told me that doing it the way that is posted on the net is not really safe, he said you would more than likely burn some wires that way. So, he set up my fog lights on a relay with its own fuse, is if anything blows it will be the fuse he set up and that way i can just replace the fuse. I couldnt begin to explain to you how to do it. But, if you want, i can ask him if he will do it for you. OH, he also said he can add a switch so you can turn them on or off whenever, but i decided i didnt want to drill inside my car so i just have it wired to the parking lights. It only took him like 30 mins if that to do it
Old 01-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Random Flasher!

and about the tranny, my girlfriend got stranded in the middle of the street on monday meeting me for lunch, she had it towed, they test drove it out here in fort worth acura, mac churchhill or whatever, they got stranded in it also cause every gear you put it in, the tranny is in neutral, the car wont go anywhere, also, everytime you change gears, it makes a loud thud noise. Well, they said they ordered the tranny tues or wed, should take two days to install and test, and should have the car back by first of next week. The reason i say i am next is cause she talked to the guy helping her in service about my car, cause i still have an idle problem and in the morning with the car is cold and outside is cold, i go to put it in reverse to back out of my parking spot and the car jerks and makes a loud ass thud noise. So, the guy told sarah when her car is done to bring mine in, and im thinking since my car makes the same thud noise, that i will get a new shining tranny also hehe
Old 01-12-2002, 03:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

So I'm on the I-35 on my way to the Denton 1/8th mile track when I notice some HIDs coming up HELLA fast. Its a Charcoal Silver (don't know actual color) s2000 going about 120 or so. There's no point in playing with him at that speed so I let him go about his merry way.

When I make it to the track I see what appears to be the same s2000, so I ask the guy if that was him and he acknowledged that it was indeed him. This guy still had paper plates on the car, so it was fairly brand fucking new.

This guy was constantly running, with little or no breaks in between runs. To make a long story short, I see a few guys BEHIND the s2000 pushing it along and I'm like WTF? As it turns out this guy blew out his clutch.

I overheard him talking on the phone, explaining how he needed a tow truck. Apparently his brother was wanted for assault and had been taken to jail a few hours earlier. Held on $15,000 bond. A tow truck came and picked up the car.

Talk about your shitty nights. I kinda felt sorry for the guy for fucking up his BRAND NEW car. But come on, you've gotta be pretty stupid to fuck over your new ride like that.

On a lighter note, track conditions were great. Averaging 38 degrees according to our nifty temp gauge. I bested my previous best time of 10 flat in the 1/8th mile with a 9.860.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Time Slip...
Old 01-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Advanced

I was just wondering if anyone here goes to Fry's on weekend nights? Or to any races around that area. I know there's some good ones at 35 and 635 and around Skillman and Forest. Our cars our pretty good for the races at Skillman and Forest, it's mainly civics... Is anyone active with those races? Anyone know of any other good places?
Old 01-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I've read about Fry's on dallasracing.com. From what I've read it seems the cops are hitting the area more and more.

I haven't been down there yet, but I plan to go down there just to see what all the hype is about. But who knows what that'll happen.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ordered Zeal Funtion B6 Coilovers from ACP.com today

http://autocarparts.com/search/itemv...ID=478&vehID=2

I can't wait till they get here. It's gonna take like 2 weeks.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Random Flasher!

just dropped the car off to the dealership, and the service guys is amazed at what my car is doing hehe!! When i slam on the brakes to a stop the car dies. Great huh! Now to wait!!
Old 01-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Instructor

mantis-
got the zeals huh? let me know when you get them on. sure they will look and feel great! so with an investment like that it looks like you will be doing alot more soon. let me know if you want anything off my ride.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:39 PM
SHIFT_god

DALLAS MEET

Ok guys, DuckBlue and I were talkin, and we REALLY need another meet. The problem is that we always do it at the last minute, so here's the plan.

The date of our meet will be Sunday Feb 10, 2002. Ok, obviously we need a place to meet that is relatively easy and good scenery and we won't be bothered by ricers. I have just the place. I don't know how familiar all of you are with the other side of Richardson, but there is a nice place at Renner and 190. If you were heading East on Renner, just as you past 190, there is a field to the left with a pointless road wrapping around it. It's a quiet place and no one really ever goes there. There was a bike race there once, nothing major.

Next, we need some sort of time and agenda. I say we meet mid-afternoon-ish so that the sun is still good and we can go eat afterwards. DuckBlue and I think Cheddars would be a great place cause it's near that location and it would be a REALLY cool caravan. hehe. As i said to him, one really interesting race. hahaha. Anyways, that is my idea on the next meet, let me know what you all think, and i'm really sorry bout the REALLY long post.

CasperTL
Old 01-14-2002, 09:45 PM
Random Flasher!

Hey eman, how much you want for the headers?
Old 01-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Instructor

eman, did i miss something? are you getting rid of your ride?

hanzie, if i may ask, what did you get for a rental, and how long is the expected wait?

last week i took my car into mcdavid for a sunroof squeak, they said enterprise is the only company that rents to 18-19 yr olds, and that there is a 5$ surcharge that the dealer wouldnt pay for... on top of that, they tried to put me in a metro. When i refused, saying thats unfair treatment for younger people, the lady responded saying that the metro is all they have at the time, and offered me to come back to trade, "if a neon becomes available, you can come back to upgrade" Absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me. I declined, and had a friend pick me up for the day.

I was absolutely insulted: pay $5 to drive a metro, and offer a neon as an upgrade?? oh, and at the end, they told me that the squeak was "normal" - what a horrible experience at the dealer

i hope you guys get treated better
Old 01-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by eman
mantis-
got the zeals huh? let me know when you get them on. sure they will look and feel great! so with an investment like that it looks like you will be doing alot more soon. let me know if you want anything off my ride.
I might be interested in the headers if end you up parting the car out. I know you didn't really want to, but if you do, I may pick up the headers.

I can't decide if I want to make it faster, or pimp it out with system / screens and other unnecessary crap.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by DuckBlue
eman, did i miss something? are you getting rid of your ride?

hanzie, if i may ask, what did you get for a rental, and how long is the expected wait?

last week i took my car into mcdavid for a sunroof squeak, they said enterprise is the only company that rents to 18-19 yr olds, and that there is a 5$ surcharge that the dealer wouldnt pay for... on top of that, they tried to put me in a metro. When i refused, saying thats unfair treatment for younger people, the lady responded saying that the metro is all they have at the time, and offered me to come back to trade, "if a neon becomes available, you can come back to upgrade" Absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me. I declined, and had a friend pick me up for the day.

I was absolutely insulted: pay $5 to drive a metro, and offer a neon as an upgrade?? oh, and at the end, they told me that the squeak was "normal" - what a horrible experience at the dealer

i hope you guys get treated better
Holy crap that sucks. I got shafted a bit too at the beginning. But as time has gone on , I've got a pretty decent relationship with Neil at DMD. He's pretty cool, and helps me out a lot.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: DALLAS MEET

Originally posted by CasperTL
Ok guys, DuckBlue and I were talkin, and we REALLY need another meet. The problem is that we always do it at the last minute, so here's the plan.

The date of our meet will be Sunday Feb 10, 2002. Ok, obviously we need a place to meet that is relatively easy and good scenery and we won't be bothered by ricers. I have just the place. I don't know how familiar all of you are with the other side of Richardson, but there is a nice place at Renner and 190. If you were heading East on Renner, just as you past 190, there is a field to the left with a pointless road wrapping around it. It's a quiet place and no one really ever goes there. There was a bike race there once, nothing major.

Next, we need some sort of time and agenda. I say we meet mid-afternoon-ish so that the sun is still good and we can go eat afterwards. DuckBlue and I think Cheddars would be a great place cause it's near that location and it would be a REALLY cool caravan. hehe. As i said to him, one really interesting race. hahaha. Anyways, that is my idea on the next meet, let me know what you all think, and i'm really sorry bout the REALLY long post.

CasperTL
Good idea CasperTL/Duckblue. Setting a meet the week of tends to kinda fall apart. People's schedules don't work out etc. Scheduling it a month ahead should get a good turn out. I know Hanzie and his girl are out in Ft Worth, so I don't know how bad of a drive it would be for them. But Your spot sounds like definite possibility.

Ohh and count me in. The past few times, I've been gettin' caught up and haven't been able to make it. Blah blah blah... trying to make this post unnecessarily long. blah blah blah

Here's to the hope I have my suspension / wheel setup by the next meet.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

mantis-
If you want to part out the sway bars, I'll definitely take them off your hands.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:07 AM
SHIFT_god

Minor note, i have posted the Dallas meet on the TL forums and linked them here to this thread.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=30867
Old 01-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Random Flasher!

Duckblue,
This time i decided to go to MacChurchill in Fort Worth because it is close to me and i havent let them try to fix the problem. Kimmie, the service guy there is really cool and nice, and i got a 2000 Acura Integra this time, though it is stripped down to almost nothing and is filthy dirty, but i would have to admit that it is much nicer than any enterprise car, well almost. When i was at DMD, i never had to pay $5 dollars for a rental, it was always free dude, i wouldnt put up with that shit man. Granted though for some reason, those fuckers over at DMD in plano seem to discriminate against younger people because i will be sitting in the dealership waiting for my shitty e car and there will be like three of their integras coming in and checked in. And guess who is driving them? OLD FARTS!!! No offense to anyone over 50. Oh and by the way, my car is in the shop because when you slam on the brakes to stop the car dies hehe. I just talked to the guy and he thinks its my torque converter not disengaging or something, he doesnt think its the tranny yet, but he isnt ruling it out.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:04 PM
Instructor

sorry guys, the only thing that i will prolly not part out are the headers. they just cost to dang much to remove.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

sorry guys, the only thing that i will prolly not part out are the headers. they just cost to dang much to remove.
You're in luck cause i'm the master mechanic! I have a screwdriver and a rubber mallet. That should be enough to bang those headers right outta the engine bay! With my trusty tools, you won't be disappointed, and I won't charge you a penny!

Warning: Your vehicle will not be functional after the labor is done by me, the master mechanic. Please have additional transportation on hand.

Quick Reply: Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)