Dallas Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
I'm debating on getting some 530's as well... that or repainting the Forgestars
You still have issues with them turning white? I'd call forge star if u do
Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
I plan on re-painting them soon to a gloss black anyways.

But if I do several coats of back to black it stays black.

But I'm kinda annoyed on how much 19's (tires) cost nowadays.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM

If you paint them have them powder coated. I only wanted 18's because they look good and tires are a lot cheaper. Can't afford 19's on a ballers budget lol
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 PM

Crappy phone photos but it gives you a general idea of how she looks now! Center caps are in the mail, i know it looks goofy, but the XXR caps look like poo!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Looks great!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by opboarding
Looks great!
Thanks man! Im lovin them, how are them Forgestars workin for ya? Mmm forgestars
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone going to Ricekiller meet at UTI?

https://www.facebook.com/events/3142...ilter=upcoming

Last edited by chinwookid; 10-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by chinwookid
Anyone going to Ricekiller meet at UTI?

https://www.facebook.com/events/3142...ilter=upcoming
i

I should be off if you wanna roll out there! I actually went to school there, the Houston one tho. Should be a good meet! 2 NBP pimpin 530's yuh!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Woo, nice rides, guys! Wheels look great, NBP_BALLER!

If I ever see you guys in Arlington or Fort Worth, I'll give you a honk! SSM with yellow (for now) Inspire fogs.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Advanced

We can totally roll out together but there is this group that wants me to roll out with them if you want to roll out with us it will be 2 Tls together (that never happens before)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jo-nathanpham
Woo, nice rides, guys! Wheels look great, NBP_BALLER!

If I ever see you guys in Arlington or Fort Worth, I'll give you a honk! SSM with yellow (for now) Inspire fogs.
Thanks man! Give us a honk, how about some of you Arlington guys come around more! We need to get this DFW Crew more active!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Originally Posted by NBP_BALLER
Thanks man! Im lovin them, how are them Forgestars workin for ya? Mmm forgestars
Forgestars are still going strong. Still just as awesome as the first day I got them.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:44 PM

opboarding so you're coming to the cruise RIGHT
Old 10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

I won't be able to. I've had plans for this weekend for a while, and that is way too much driving in one weekend for me. I love driving and all, but that's a little much for me.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks man! Give us a honk, how about some of you Arlington guys come around more! We need to get this DFW Crew more active!
Shoot, if there's ever something that fits my schedule, I'm totally down to meet everybody (a meet-up in Arlington or Fort Worth would be a nice bonus!)!

I've been to a few Texas Imports Today and Cowtown meets; almost zero Acura representation. We should get a group out to one of them sometime!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, its been ages since I last logged in and had to create a new acct. Anyone in Dallas area have a 2nd gen TL?

I just sold my 2002 TL-S, which had comptech sway bars on it. I have the oem sways sitting in my garage. I dont suppose anyone wants them? I also have a sunroof visor (though I dont have the screws anymore).

Anyone who wants the oem underbody sway bars or sunroof visor can have it free. I'm in Richardson. PM me
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by jo-nathanpham
Shoot, if there's ever something that fits my schedule, I'm totally down to meet everybody (a meet-up in Arlington or Fort Worth would be a nice bonus!)!

I've been to a few Texas Imports Today and Cowtown meets; almost zero Acura representation. We should get a group out to one of them sometime!
We have met up three times since I joined the forum earlier this year. Usually about 6-8 people show up. Ive met more people from Houston and San Antonio than Dallas. If everyone was more active we could get some meets set up and have more of a presence with our fancy Acura's at some of these other meets. Anyone have some idea's throw them out there!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Advanced

NBP_BALLER works 15 mins away from where i work! nigga nigga nigga. lol
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by chinwookid
NBP_BALLER works 15 mins away from where i work! nigga nigga nigga. lol
How you know where I work lol
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM

certified stalker
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM
All Around Klown

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have 2 19" tires for sale...cheap
245/35-19 Sunny tires with 90% tread for $150 firm
Old 10-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

You told everyone where you work. You work 3.2 miles away from where I work!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM

I should have used red text. I was being sarcastic lol Where you work dude?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

ohhh haha

I work at an engineering firm in uptown
Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
Legend is leaking fluids! No good. Rain washed it away before I could check and see what it was.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

That's not good. Sounds like you are going to have a fun project coming up pretty soon.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM
slobalt defender

Yup, I am 90% sure it's the rack & pinion. There was a small leak, 1 drip or so a day, when I bought the car and I hadn't had time to replace it yet. I think it finally took a complete dump and it leaking badly when I turn. She's getting a complete overhaul suspension wise soon, plus a black interior swap. Got a huge mess of parts in the garage.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
All Around Klown

Just a heads up about Walmart in Garland @I30 & Beltline. Its a long read, but I'm pissed.

This story will explain on why not to trust Wal-Mart with your vehicleand the safety of your family. I usually take my car to Wal-Mart for my oilchanges because I get most of my groceries there and it is convenient for me. Iinstalled some aftermarket wheels on my car with XL rated tires. XL tires are(extra load) rated tires that require slightly higher air pressure (38psiinstead of 32psi). The first oil change after installing the new wheels andtires, I had an issue with the tire pressure in all 4 tires being low. It endsup that the certified tech at Wal-Mart had set the tire pressure at the factoryair pressure, resulting in the pressure being too low. I understand thatmistakes happen. The next time that I had to get the oil changed, I drove 30minutes straight from work to get there and I made it very clear that I did notwant them to touch anything except for what was needed for the oil change andeven stated specifically not to adjust the tire pressure because of what hadhappened on the last visit. They finished my oil change and I went home. Thenext morning I drove to work, and started noticing that the car was steering alittle different and assumed since the temperature dropped almost 30 degreesfrom the previous day to this morning. When it came time to go to lunch, sincethe tires were cold again, I figured I would check my tire pressure to find thelow tire. The first tire I checked was at 27psi which was more than 10psi lowerthan what it should have had. I assumed it may have a nail or a leak. I wentahead and checked the rest of the tires since I was already checking anyways.Every tire was at 27psi. I put the air pressure to the correct level in all 4tires and noticed that there were cracks showing in the sidewalls of the tires(it was already too late, the tires were damaged). I got very irritatedimmediately knowing that I had told them not to touch my tires. I had driven 30minutes from work to get there which meant the tires were hot, which means thepressure would read slightly higher than the normal 38psi I was keeping in thetires. So to recap, they adjusted the pressure after I told them not to, andeven did it when the tires were hot (which is wrong), and did not bother tocheck the load rating for the specific tires (XL). I called the store and wasconnected with Darren, which was the asst manager over the automotive dept atthe time. He was very helpful and agreed that they had let too much air out andmentioned that he uses the XL tires himself and runs his at 40psi. He tookpictures and my statement and verified my receipt in the computer and the videologs from the auto dept to verify that they adjusted air pressure. He filed theclaim with their claims handler CMI (Claims Management Inc). Gerard from CMIcontacted me and asked me the rundown of what had happened, and afterexplaining the whole story, he said that Wal-Mart goes by the tire pressure onthe sticker inside the driver door opening and that even though I told them notto touch my tire pressure, that I was the one at fault and the negligence wason my part because I did not check the work of the certified mechanics thatWal-Mart keeps on staff. I explained that a certified tire tech should know notto adjust tire pressure on a hot tire and should also know that XL tire requirea higher pressure than normal. He just simply stated that they go by thepressure listed on the sticker on the door opening no matter what. Keep in mindthat Wal-Mart sells XL rated tires (there are 184 results for XL tires on theirwebsite) and that from what he is saying, they will underinflate your tiresfrom the get go, resulting in an unsafe condition for you and your family oranyone else that rides with you.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
slobalt defender

Car work at Wal-Mart? Yikes. I wouldn't trust them with anything.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Giant Blue Car

Received 161 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
Yup, I am 90% sure it's the rack & pinion. There was a small leak, 1 drip or so a day, when I bought the car and I hadn't had time to replace it yet. I think it finally took a complete dump and it leaking badly when I turn. She's getting a complete overhaul suspension wise soon, plus a black interior swap. Got a huge mess of parts in the garage.
I'm glad to hear that you're gonna do more to that little GORGEOUS!!!

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
Just a heads up about Walmart in Garland @I30 & Beltline. Its a long read, but I'm pissed.

This story will explain on why not to trust Wal-Mart with your vehicleand the safety of your family. I usually take my car to Wal-Mart for my oilchanges because I get most of my groceries there and it is convenient for me. Iinstalled some aftermarket wheels on my car with XL rated tires. XL tires are(extra load) rated tires that require slightly higher air pressure (38psiinstead of 32psi). The first oil change after installing the new wheels andtires, I had an issue with the tire pressure in all 4 tires being low. It endsup that the certified tech at Wal-Mart had set the tire pressure at the factoryair pressure, resulting in the pressure being too low. I understand thatmistakes happen. The next time that I had to get the oil changed, I drove 30minutes straight from work to get there and I made it very clear that I did notwant them to touch anything except for what was needed for the oil change andeven stated specifically not to adjust the tire pressure because of what hadhappened on the last visit. They finished my oil change and I went home. Thenext morning I drove to work, and started noticing that the car was steering alittle different and assumed since the temperature dropped almost 30 degreesfrom the previous day to this morning. When it came time to go to lunch, sincethe tires were cold again, I figured I would check my tire pressure to find thelow tire. The first tire I checked was at 27psi which was more than 10psi lowerthan what it should have had. I assumed it may have a nail or a leak. I wentahead and checked the rest of the tires since I was already checking anyways.Every tire was at 27psi. I put the air pressure to the correct level in all 4tires and noticed that there were cracks showing in the sidewalls of the tires(it was already too late, the tires were damaged). I got very irritatedimmediately knowing that I had told them not to touch my tires. I had driven 30minutes from work to get there which meant the tires were hot, which means thepressure would read slightly higher than the normal 38psi I was keeping in thetires. So to recap, they adjusted the pressure after I told them not to, andeven did it when the tires were hot (which is wrong), and did not bother tocheck the load rating for the specific tires (XL). I called the store and wasconnected with Darren, which was the asst manager over the automotive dept atthe time. He was very helpful and agreed that they had let too much air out andmentioned that he uses the XL tires himself and runs his at 40psi. He tookpictures and my statement and verified my receipt in the computer and the videologs from the auto dept to verify that they adjusted air pressure. He filed theclaim with their claims handler CMI (Claims Management Inc). Gerard from CMIcontacted me and asked me the rundown of what had happened, and afterexplaining the whole story, he said that Wal-Mart goes by the tire pressure onthe sticker inside the driver door opening and that even though I told them notto touch my tire pressure, that I was the one at fault and the negligence wason my part because I did not check the work of the certified mechanics thatWal-Mart keeps on staff. I explained that a certified tire tech should know notto adjust tire pressure on a hot tire and should also know that XL tire requirea higher pressure than normal. He just simply stated that they go by thepressure listed on the sticker on the door opening no matter what. Keep in mindthat Wal-Mart sells XL rated tires (there are 184 results for XL tires on theirwebsite) and that from what he is saying, they will underinflate your tiresfrom the get go, resulting in an unsafe condition for you and your family oranyone else that rides with you.
Did that happen to you?!

Car work at Wal-Mart? Yikes. I wouldn't trust them with anything.
WORD! I avoid that place like the plague....
Old 10-17-2013, 03:56 PM
slobalt defender

Originally Posted by Catfisha
I'm glad to hear that you're gonna do more to that little GORGEOUS!!!
She'll be a whole new car soon. Can't wait to change out the interior. New wheels (again), new paint (AGAIN ), all new suspension, new 1pc headlights, etc...

SOON!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Giant Blue Car

Received 161 Likes on 125 Posts
She'll be a whole new car soon. Can't wait to change out the interior. New wheels (again), new paint (AGAIN ), all new suspension, new 1pc headlights, etc...

SOON!
That was a horrible paint "job"....bastards! But, I can't WAIT!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:31 PM
slobalt defender

Originally Posted by Catfisha
That was a horrible paint "job"....bastards! But, I can't WAIT!!!
Yeah, nice chunk of change I lost there. When it gets redone, i'm only having the sides sprayed. The front and rear end are fine. Main problem areas are the side skirts and lower doors. Waiting on a NICE big check from work, and she'll go into the shop
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

I stopped shopping at walmart years ago. Terrible company...
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM
All Around Klown

Originally Posted by opboarding
I stopped shopping at walmart years ago. Terrible company...
I agree. Its just convenient because I get groceries there. You can buy your own choice of oil and filter there and have them change it for like $8.50.... I just have not had time to jack with it myself because of the work I do.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Advanced

because you told me.. ROFL look through old pages
if you guys ever want to see my car, come to hopdoddy! it will be there.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Hey guys I just picked up a used TLS lip spoiler the other week and I was wondering if anyone knows someone that can detail. The lip spoiler has a few scratches on it and I was looking to get it buffed it before I install it
Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Hey guys I just picked up a used TLS lip spoiler the other week and I was wondering if anyone knows someone that can detail. The lip spoiler has a few scratches on it and I was looking to get it buffed it before I install it
My buddy Tyler is a detailer. 6124237025 "Tyriffic Detailing" He just did my car two weeks ago. 15 hour buff job! He is located in Lewisville

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew