AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
the problem is we finally convinced the FBI to let them give my car back and fix it so now it's in their garage, my dad is going out there as soon as they open
Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Oh well thats good then lol nevermind carry on. If you need some help with it let me know.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
How much you selling your wheels and your headlights? If you can get your body kit off the car, I would buy that FO SHO!!

Last edited by Duronn; 12-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Wheels- 1400 headlights- 400+ stock

a-spec kit will be sold with car
Old 12-24-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to dallas area, wondering where the acura guyz meet up at and on what days...
Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
We typically try to meet up at the Londoner in Addisson on Saturday nights around 7-7:30. However, with holidays, the next gtg probably won't be until next month.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 12-24-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Wheels- 1400 headlights- 400+ stock

a-spec kit will be sold with car

Shawn are they cleared out? What modifications are done to them?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Matte black housing, USR clear diffuser, carbon fiber reflector inlays, zkw-r lenses, some special coating on the cover that protects it

I had JnC do it for me, no leaks and they have never fogged up on me.

But I stil haven't gotten my car back yet and idk when I will, hopefully sometime next week.

Last edited by d-townhakuzo; 12-24-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
D-townhakuzo, what tech school do you go to?
Old 12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Drifting

It's just one thats offered by my high school...I'm only a senior lol.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Complete under-valued my rims, doing rims w/ tires and work lug nuts 1900 negotiable.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
It's just one thats offered by my high school...I'm only a senior lol.
Oh I see. If you really like the program and plan on getting a career in that field, I would recommend Universal Technical Institute in Irving TX.

It's a little pricey but it's worth it. I've been going there since Nov 14 and love it.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

No UTI for me. Ive seen the techs that come out of there.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Shawn, normally I cant let you sell in this thread. But because you want to do it locally Ill let you.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NAiL05
No UTI for me. Ive seen the techs that come out of there.
lol what do you mean? Care to go into details?
Old 12-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Suzuka Master

I think I know what he's referring to & I agree from what I've heard about the schools; they don't teach you nearly enough, thus many of the techs that come from those schools end up not knowing barely anything that they should. They're over priced as well & their certificate doesn't mean diddly next to an actual degree you can receive elsewhere.

Also, their job placement claim is a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 12-25-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

As mentioned overpriced...cant diagnose shit...Flaunt there gear like they learned something...IMO I have found cheaper schools that teach a lot better...Texas state technical College in Waco next to baylor. A bit older *built on an old air force base and george bush uses it as a private airport* but I have learned more there than anyone I have seen come out of those schools. I wanted to go to Europe for my auto tech/racing school but it was way out of my price range. They offered engineering with there automotive program such as thermodynamics and so on which was awesome. I got my associates in Waco which didnt cost me anything...2000 or so for 15 credit hours which it could have changed by now...After 3 years there (took auto tech, minor body, diesels, hydraulics) I transferred up to Southern Illinois University (Top 10 automotive college) and got my bachelors in automotive. One of the few schools that have a bachelors degree and they actually teach.

The only way your going to get anything out of UTI or Wyotech is asking questions instead of dicking around in the background which is common in those schools from what I have seen walking through campus.

SIU IMO was one of the best schools (should have gone there first) with teachers that interact and make you figure out the problem then they will give you the answer and show you a faster way you could have diagnosed an issue.

In general if I had the chance I would go into mechanical engineering...Being a tech is fun when your young until you realize its a shitty job when you get older.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by trancemission
Shawn, normally I cant let you sell in this thread. But because you want to do it locally Ill let you.
Sorry man, I'll make a thread in the BM. I just really wanted to let you guys know in advance since I'd rather sell them to the Dallas guys. I wanna wait till I have the car back before I make a thread though.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Werd...remind me not to bleed ls400 cooling systems.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the headlights OEM or are they aftermarket with all the work done to them? I am very interested but I'm trying to justify $400 for them.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Cruisin'

BTW, FUCK GOODSON ACURA!!! Don't ever go there.. I know you guys probably don't ever go to STEALERSHIPS so you can laugh at me, but still don't bother trying them!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Drifting

PM me with any inquiries, trance is right this isn't the place
Old 12-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Cruisin'

Thought I would share the email I am sending to Acura about Goodson.

To Whom it May Concern,
I have recently had a transaction at Goodson Acura that has made me question Acura. I would like to let you know that I have been a Manager in the Cell Phone industry for 10 years, and I understand managing a business that requires providing a service for Millions of customers. The service I have received that I am listing below is sub par. Not only that, but the way the Manager dealt with me today did not make me want to go back to an Acura dealership. I apologize for the long email but I want you to see every transaction that I have had with Goodson Acura.

8/16/11 ($59.95) - My first transaction with Goodson and I was very pleased with the staff that assisted me. After leaving I noticed that my car was still pulling the same way. I do have the alignment paperwork on file that shows there were some problems with the car. They performed a 28 point inspection and advised me of service issues that I should resolve.

9/6/11 ($144.20) - Oil Change and replace AC filter. I also asked the service advisor (Candace Estep) if she could have the techs look at my car due to it was still pulling after the alignment. First, let me praise Candace, I was a hard sale on the AC filter. I was going to purchase the filter myself and do it but she sold me on the convenience of having done then and there. Regarding the alignment, Candace took me to the shop and the tech advised me that he switched the right side front tire to the left and it started pulling the other way. I do understand that the lady that owned the car prior to me hit the curb numerous times with the wheels. So we determined it was the tires. After going back to the front I asked if we could switch the front tires to the back and that would solve the pulling issue. It was not completed and I dealt with the issue. I feel as if after spending $60 that it wouldn't be too much to take 5 minutes to switch the wheels around. When I pull out of the dealership on my way home, the passenger side floorboard plastic falls off and into the floorboard due to the AC filter being replaced. I turn around and go back for them to fix the pieces that fell in the passenger side floorboard.

9/22/11 ($227.13) - Transmission service and Power Steering maintenance. After a week of getting the power steering maintenance the weather started getting colder. Every morning I started my car and turned the steering wheel I heard the loud whining coming from the Power Steering. I immediately googled "Power Steering Noise Acura TL". I found that the issue was a small O-ring. I went to the dealership and purchased the O-Ring for 73 cents. When I replaced it I could tell the one in my car had not been replaced. It was black and looked like it was old weathered rubber. The new one I had purchased was red. If I spend $135 to service my Power Steering you would think you would replace a very cheap easy to do O-Ring, especially if google search answers my question with it's first result. This transaction really started having me question the tech's that are working on my car.

11/9/11 ($257.14) - Front Brake Job. This is the first time I encountered Tara. This day she was very friendly and attentive. I arrived at the dealership around 9:00 AM and was told the job would only take an hour to an hour and half. Tara advised me around 11 AM that she was going to lunch and my car should be done any minute. After sitting in the dealership till 11:50 Tara got back from lunch and asked if anyone had came and updated me. I responded with no. After a few minutes she came and apologized to me. The tech finished with my car right after she left for lunch and he put the paperwork on her desk. She was at lunch so I had to sit there till she got back to handle it. Why did the tech just put it on her desk? Why didn't he actually hand it to someone and let them know my car was finished? I waisted an hour of my time due to some tech's incompetence. A representative from Goodson called me after the service to see if I was pleased (they do this every time, which a very good practice). I was on the phone with her for 10 minutes explaining every transaction I had with them and how every time I experience an issue. I also told her everyone that I encounter is always friendly and that is the only reason I keep returning to them for my business. Not only that, they send me a coupon 3 days after I get my service done to have my front and back done for the same price. I'm sure that they know about specials that are coming up and if they know I'm unsure about their dealership they should tell me to wait till I get the special. I told Chris about this and he stated it's like Target mailing me coupons after purchasing something. Goodson Acura is a specific place, Target is a big chain retail box. Two very different businesses.

12/19/11 ($79.95) - Alignment. I recently installed suspension, lowered my car, and put new wheels and tires on. When I got to the dealership I asked Tara if she would get a good tech for me as I had not had good experiences with Goodson. She assured me that I would be taken care of. When I was checking out they told me it was $79.95 and I asked if I could get the $59.95 special. I was told that I could not get that deal as it had expired. I get home to look at the coupon I have and it does not have an expiration date. It says print it out and keep it. After all the issues I had you think you could at least honor a deal for me. This alignment took 2 hours and the end result was my car was pulling worse than when I had dropped it off. I had to hold my wheel at 11:30 to go straight, and when my steering wheel was straight the car was going right. I didn't feel like turning around and dealing with it because I had already spent 2 hours of my life there.

12/21/11 - I call to speak with the Service Manager (Chris). I was waiting for the service call to me but I wasn't sure that I would receive one since I had only done an alignment. I told him the issue I was having and he told me to bring it in to have them look at it.

12/24/11 - Acura Corporate calls and asks me to rate the transaction. This was the first time I ever picked up when Acura called. I told the representative I would rate every transaction there a 1v(unacceptable).

12/26/11 - Chris calls me and asked why I had rated him so bad without giving him the chance to fix it. Honestly, I should have probably waited and give him a chance to fix it, but after thinking about it he should have called me when I advised his receptionist that called me all the issues I have had. When I get there, Tara meets me out in the shop and is giving me a very stern dirty look. I thought she was playing with me but she was very serious. She told me that I gave her a bad rating and I was messing with her lively hood. I responded with, "Well my lively hood pays for this," and she was messing with mine. She had a very bad attitude towards me and I almost got in my car and didn't even give them a chance. Tara knows how upset I am and that I wanted a good tech when my car was being worked on. The way she acted towards me was unacceptable. She takes me in to go to the Service Manager. I stand in front of Chris' desk for 2 minutes before he handles my situation. He tells me he had to finish a spreadsheet. When a customer leaves work early, drives 20 minutes and is standing in front of you; you drop whatever you are doing to service them. I take Chris for a ride in my car so he can see my steering wheel. We arrive back to the dealership and he gets his lead Service Tech to come talk to me. He advises me that their alignment machine is only capable of handling stock Acura TL's and that I should take it to a shop that does alignments on performance cars. When I went in the first time I advised that I had installed new suspension and wheels. All in all they knew they shouldn't have aligned it but they did it anyway and tried to get it as close to good as they could. He is returning my money for the alignment but I felt as if he should have offered something special to make me feel like a VALUED customer.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Usually they dont because there is no exact spec but I am surprised they did. Depending on how bad its off the stock setting wont help it much or you can have an issue with maxing out adjustments which I have had issues with lexus camber adjustments on lowered vehicles. I usually do mine to factory spec after adjusting my camber. Toe is the main killer and it can cause a pull along side shitty tires and a bent arm of some sort. But as long as toe is set properly usually on a lowered car you just get inner tread wear which takes quite a while
Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Drifting

Got my car back! Parting out!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

woo hoo let me know when you get the jpipe out hopefully your car wasnt low enough to scrape it up =D
Old 12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Nellys got my ride.....

dont fuck it up brah!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Quit trying to jynx me lol
Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Anyone trying to get rid of some stockies?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Drifting

Going to start parting out today, taking the j-pipe off along with the front strut bar and rear sway bar. E or Nelly I don't care who I give it to just let me know.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Ill let nelly have dibs on it unless he changes his mind.
I may take the front strut bar off ya
Old 12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Quit trying to jynx me lol
Let's go to Mexico.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Drifting

E do you think I could borrow your stock rims for a few days? I'm selling my rims and he is sending me his stock but I'm gunna need a set to roll on just for a few days.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sup guys!

I think I have one or more engine mounts that are worn out. I get a thud sound when i hit certain bumps. doesn't make the noise on any acceleration or wheel hop (that I can tell).

Nail - can you help ID the problem and maybe give me an idea what work is involved. I'll buy the parts and if it's something you can fix for a fee I'd pay ya. I'd also help to know what to do and not to totally offload the problem.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trancemission
Probably after the weekend. I don't think its the cv joint
it really sounds like something is lose. Its driving me crazy.
Once I get the car up and the wheels off ill be able to investigate it better
E$, did you figure out what it was? Seems I've got something going on too.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Im pretty damn sure its the CV joint Mark.
its the only other thing it can be.
All the suspension up front is good and tight.

Its only when I turn so thats gotta be it. Thank god its the right side.
From the maintenance manual it looks like it would be easier to do.
I just need to get a tool to remove the ball joints
Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Ill be at MSR Monday tearin it up with the DFW Auto Club guys if any of you wanna come out
Old 12-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Mark we can take a look at it whenever your free. I have a 3 day weekend this week so I can do whenever. On a positive note jpipe is on just need to get new hardware...high temp silicone smells nastay
The following users liked this post:
Silver Bullet (01-01-2012)
Old 12-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Wishing all my Acuraziners a Wonderfull New Year!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by RUF87:
NAiL05 (01-01-2012), trancemission (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Mark we can take a look at it whenever your free. I have a 3 day weekend this week so I can do whenever. On a positive note jpipe is on just need to get new hardware...high temp silicone smells nastay
maybe we can get together on a saturday coming up?

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew