Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
Thanks for the youtube link. The direction that guy was using in the video are the same ones I got from the xda developers forum. I've got all the files I need now to do this now. Just need to grow some.

Good luck whenever you decide to do it. Once you get that Custom Clockwork Recovery loaded you're pretty much in. Its kinda hard to brick a phone flashing a custom rom. (I change roms once a week. Sometimes 3 times in a day. lol.) Bricking only usually happens when you're flashing a hboot, spl or radio update. All of which you're not doing so I say the chance of you bricking is very low. But anything is possible I guess. Just make sure you don't pull the battery unless you waited a long time. By long, I mean more than 10 minutes. Sometimes, the first boot takes a while.

In other news. it looks like HTC released an HTC Sync update yesterday that allows sideloading of apps without root. Might want to check it out:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/11/c...sideload-apps/
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CGFebTSX04
Good luck whenever you decide to do it. Once you get that Custom Clockwork Recovery loaded you're pretty much in. Its kinda hard to brick a phone flashing a custom rom. (I change roms once a week. Sometimes 3 times in a day. lol.) Bricking only usually happens when you're flashing a hboot, spl or radio update. All of which you're not doing so I say the chance of you bricking is very low. But anything is possible I guess. Just make sure you don't pull the battery unless you waited a long time. By long, I mean more than 10 minutes. Sometimes, the first boot takes a while.

In other news. it looks like HTC released an HTC Sync update yesterday that allows sideloading of apps without root. Might want to check it out:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/11/c...sideload-apps/
Well thank you for that! So with this I can sideload without having to remove my sim and go on wifi. Already have sync so I think I'll just get that PDAnet app and be good to go. Thanks for all the help man.

/thread hijack

Yes Froyo looks real nice!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
Well thank you for that! So with this I can sideload without having to remove my sim and go on wifi. Already have sync so I think I'll just get that PDAnet app and be good to go. Thanks for all the help man.

/thread hijack

Yes Froyo looks real nice!
No problem. Yeah, probably hold off on the rooting since there's only a few custom roms out for the Aria any way. The only reason I would root is to overclock, underclock, remove unwanted apps and backup my apps every time I change roms. I don't believe they've made a kernel to take advantage of the overclock and underclock yet so you're not really missing out on much if you don't decide to root yet. Now if they had a Froyo build...lol.

Froyo is sweet. My phone has the same components of the G1 and it feels brand new. I'm not sure if its a placebo effect or not but launching apps and multitasking is far smoother on my phone. It may have to do with the JIT component but I've run a hacked JIT before in Eclair and it wasn't as smooth and stable as this. For the most part, the ROM is complete with a few bugs here and there but so far I'm enjoying it better than Eclair.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 AM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just found a stable froyo at xda. Ill give it try tomorrow to really see the potential of the Evo. Plus it has been overclocked. I still need to read up alot about the froyo to really understand it but i am excited
Old 07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
i just found a stable froyo at xda. Ill give it try tomorrow to really see the potential of the Evo. Plus it has been overclocked. I still need to read up alot about the froyo to really understand it but i am excited
Froyo is awesome so far since the 24 hours I've had it. Google added a few new cool features to it which is covered in a bunch of areas with the main goal of making Android more user friendly with small tweaks in the UI here and there and tied more of the phone services with the cloud. Oh and battery seems to be improved. Maybe the custom ROMs improved on this but I don't know if its the custom ROM or if its Froyo but its using far less battery when I'm using Wifi thats for sure.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/and...ighlights.html

The 3D Gallery also now has a pinch to peek feature like in the iPad. So if you pinch on the folder, it'll show the pictures inside of it. Its pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLl32iNz-3o

They also added a bunch of bluetooth support, and Wifi N support for the phones that have it. I think with the custom ROMs you can now add bluetooth keyboards and mouse as well. I know you can do it with CM6 not sure about the others. The custom ROMs added a bunch of new features for the Nexus One such as 720P recording and they just got FM Radio to work last night. Should be coming in the future it looks like.

The most notables for me are:
Official HIMEM support for RAM > 256 MB

Eclair was stuck to only see 256 MB but with Froyo it can now see the full 512 MB found in the Nexus One, Evo and all the recent high end Android phones. If you used a custom ROM then you probably already took advantage of this feature. If not, then think smoother and better multitasking than currently.

JIT (Just In Time) Compiler

Without getting too technical:

"The JIT is a software component which takes application code, analyzes it, and actively translates it into a form that runs faster, doing so while the application continues to run."

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...alvik-jit.html

You can test this difference out using LinPack or any of the other benchmarking programs. Compare your scores now at stock vs. when you have JIT on. You'll most likely see 2-4x more MFLOPs. Since my phone's components are outdated I get around 1 MFLOP more compared to no JIT which is still a significant improvement. I'm seeing my apps and switching between tasks a lot smoother with Froyo.

Enhanced V8 Engine for Javascript

ArsTechnica recently did an article on this, followed by Engadget's piss poor attempt to make the iPhone/iPad look good which the they got called out for. lol.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...benchmarks.ars

Basically, the stock browser should be rendering webpages faster than it currently is especially on webpages heavily coded in java.

Chrome to Phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oyCWEUqNvY

I'm really looking forward to this one. Imagine what the app developers can do with this idea. You can already send webpages, and maps. So many possibilities.

Official Flash 10.1 support

This one is self explanatory. lol. Too bad it leaves out the older generation of phones thought. At least SkyFire is there.

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 07-12-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
what's a good android forum? looking to pick up the droid-x this week. thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^ check out droidforums.net and droidxforums.com. Both great sites
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jwjang86
what's a good android forum? looking to pick up the droid-x this week. thanks!
Too bad Motorola locked down the bootloader for the X exactly like they did with the Milestone. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to crack the bootloader yet. HTC is the only true company that seems to be in with the custom ROM crowds.

With that said, I'm sure it will get hacked eventually. Considering that the Milestone was launched outside of the US, support for it was a lot less than the original Droid which had an open bootloader in the states. If the X becomes popular (which it most likely will) just like the original Droid, then it'll happen.

Even if it doesn't get hacked though, Motorola seems to have good support for their flagship phones and it'll get updates for a while. And the phone looks pretty awesome and has some nice specs to boot.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
...what is the max you can overclock the EVO before it gets unstable?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Too bad Motorola locked down the bootloader for the X exactly like they did with the Milestone. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to crack the bootloader yet. HTC is the only true company that seems to be in with the custom ROM crowds.

With that said, I'm sure it will get hacked eventually. Considering that the Milestone was launched outside of the US, support for it was a lot less than the original Droid which had an open bootloader in the states. If the X becomes popular (which it most likely will) just like the original Droid, then it'll happen.

Even if it doesn't get hacked though, Motorola seems to have good support for their flagship phones and it'll get updates for a while. And the phone looks pretty awesome and has some nice specs to boot.
I agree...It seems like HTC just isnt messed up about peeps pimpimg out their phones... I think there is some really sick potential for HTC... does anyone know what HTC's market share is like in the markets outside of North America?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:53 AM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

I think the Evo has been overclocked to 1.26 Ghz. Froyo is definitely a nice improvement. I'm running it on my Droid clocked at 1.25 Ghz and it flies!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HosTL Moderation
I think the Evo has been overclocked to 1.26 Ghz. Froyo is definitely a nice improvement. I'm running it on my Droid clocked at 1.25 Ghz and it flies!
Is it undervolted as well? Got any screens of the rom? With SetCPU you can set profiles so it can automatically overclock and downclock on depending on use. I have my Google Ion set at the lowest possible when the screen is off and overclocked until its at about 25% of battery life and I can squeeze about 1-2 days before I have to worry about charging my phone.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 AM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

^ Nice, yea SetCPU is a great app to govern the processor. Not only are you more than doubling your speed, you get better battery life because you can underclock when not in use. I am using a medium volt kernel. What phone are you using?

EDIT: Oh and I'm running the stock Froyo release FRF84B. Bugless Beast is a rom I usually hop to as well.

Last edited by HosTL Moderation; 07-12-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Safety Car

Using a Google Ion. Its the developer version of the HTC Magic. Not really much difference other than the blue trim on the phone instead of the ugly grey and no carrier branding.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

Oh nice, yea having full root access is nice since you can do anything you want. This is my first Android phone and it's crazy to see how much you can tweak these devices.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Safety Car

Even without root you can pretty much do just about anything with it. With root, it just adds to the oppenness. You can customize every little detail from the icons and the fonts. And the crazy thing is, these Froyo roms are still in beta and they're performing crazy good.

Cyanogen should be releasing his mod for the Evo. For those new to Android he's basically the standard that all the devs put themselves against. He makes the base, stable roms from the original source code and all the other devs use a modification of his code to tweak and improve the performance of it.

Also, the PSX and N64 emulators are coming soon.

http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2010/07/are...r-for-android/

Zodttd said it actually performs better on the Nexus One than the iPhone. Probably has to do with the open nature of the OS and access to the source code. Can't wait!

Oh and the Android market is about to reach 100,000 apps. That's crazy. Its growing at an exponential rate!

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/07/1...e-end-of-july/
Old 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
1st TL-S on air in

quick question, i am about to do the froyo update and was wondering if i have to re-do all the apps again or will titanium backup take care of that. I just wanna know how much time i need to dedicate to getting my phone back to its current state.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

Even without root you can pretty much do just about anything with it. With root, it just adds to the oppenness. You can customize every little detail from the icons and the fonts. And the crazy thing is, these Froyo roms are still in beta and they're performing crazy good.

Cyanogen should be releasing his mod for the Evo. For those new to Android he's basically the standard that all the devs put themselves against. He makes the base, stable roms from the original source code and all the other devs use a modification of his code to tweak and improve the performance of it.

Also, the PSX and N64 emulators are coming soon.

http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2010/07/are...r-for-android/

Zodttd said it actually performs better on the Nexus One than the iPhone. Probably has to do with the open nature of the OS and access to the source code. Can't wait!

Oh and the Android market is about to reach 100,000 apps. That's crazy. Its growing at an exponential rate!

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/07/1...e-end-of-july/
100,000?? That's awesome. Android is growing so fast it's nuts. I can't believe how stable and fast the beta of Froyo is like you said! I can't wait for the PSX and N64 emulators to be finished. I also can't get over the fact that over 160,000 Android devices are sold every day!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...XxfKe2w2m2az2g
Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

quick question, i am about to do the froyo update and was wondering if i have to re-do all the apps again or will titanium backup take care of that. I just wanna know how much time i need to dedicate to getting my phone back to its current state.
The Froyo version that I am running (FRF84B) backed up most of my apps through my Gmail account (a few apps for root users weren't backed up). Titianium Backup (especially the donated version) will back up all your apps. If you donate to the developer, you'll get a key to have them all reinstall with one click instead of individually installing each app.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM
1st TL-S on air in

The Froyo version that I am running (FRF84B) backed up most of my apps through my Gmail account (a few apps for root users weren't backed up). Titianium Backup (especially the donated version) will back up all your apps. If you donate to the developer, you'll get a key to have them all reinstall with one click instead of individually installing each app.
Nice. I donated should be receiving my key hopefully today. Ill just read about this custom rom that i will be loading to see what other users are pleased and complaining about.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Safety Car

Titanium backup will restore all the settings (well not for all apps, but maybe 90% of the apps), and market links if you back it up. If you hit menu and click on "Legends" you can see what has been backed up per app.

The time it takes to restore will depend on how many apps you have. You can also backup sms messages with titanium backup. The only thing you'll have to setup would be your widgets on your home screen and system settings. I had some problem with the market links in my Froyo version but it could be due to it being beta. Regardless, the apps are all installed fine and I'm gonna hold off manually relinking each one until a more stable build comes out.

And yes, Google now backsup all your apps on their servers with Froyo. So if you update to say another Froyo rom. It'll automatically download the legit apps you bought when you sign in.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Safety Car

The most current Froyo is FRF91. Like I said, once Cyanogen releases his version, expect yours to get even faster if thats even possible. lol. He should be releasing it any time soon since all the files are pretty interchangeable. Just a few modifications here and there.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
1st TL-S on air in

damn the froyo rom i want doesnt have 4g support right now. I know its a small setback but i can wait a few days and they will have a fix for it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Safety Car

Here's a fun app to show off to friends. lol.

http://apps.doubletwist.com/iPhone-4...31386011124569

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 07-12-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

^ That's hilarious lol
Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
AM Flakes still Drippin'

The most current Froyo is FRF91. Like I said, once Cyanogen releases his version, expect yours to get even faster if thats even possible. lol. He should be releasing it any time soon since all the files are pretty interchangeable. Just a few modifications here and there.
I can't wait! Even faster? That's crazy seeing that it's crazy fast now lol
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Safety Car

^ That's hilarious lol
I don't know about you but it felt realistic. That'll be the closest I get to owning one. lol.

Here's an unboxing of the upcoming Samsung Captivate coming to AT&T:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61eV_...layer_embedded

It looks so sleek. Still debating on whether to get this or the European version with the front facing camera. I'm gonna have to wait and see what the ROM devs have to say. Can't wait for this phone though. That screen looks amazing with that contrast and colors. It has TV Out support which works with the Nokia N95 video out cable which luckily I already have or DLNA if you have the newer Samsung TV's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQBAx_BDfk
Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
1st TL-S on air in

im super excited for cyanogen's release of froyo. He has done amazing work with other phones so i know this one will be just as good if not better.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 AM

Here's a fun app to show off to friends. lol.

http://apps.doubletwist.com/iPhone-4...31386011124569
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM

Woah ... my Pre is gonna be a fossil soon... OMG
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Safety Car

And like I thought, the Samsung Captivate has been rooted using the same root method for the European version:

Samsung’s Galaxy S lineup has yet to arrive in U.S. stores, but it looks like all their devices will be easily rooted thanks to a hack discovered on the international version. Russian developer LeshaK of Samdroid was the first to gain root access on the Galaxy S (i9000) and the community over at XDA-developers has taken his work and ported it to the U.S. versions of the phone.

Gaining root access is as simple as flashing an update.zip file and it has already been confirmed to work on the AT&T Captivate and T-Mobile Vibrant. Only a single modification to the update script is required for each device so this should also work on the Sprint Epic 4G and Verizon Fascinate when they arrive.

Paul O’Brien of Modaco has already created a custom ROM for the international version, but it has yet to be tested on any of the U.S. models. All the Galaxy S devices are nearly identical so future ROMs should be compatible with minor tweaks.

Now that Google has released the source code for Android 2.2 and Samsung released their code for the Galaxy S, it should only be a matter of time before the community has a stock version of Android 2.2 up and running. Given that this phone is coming to all four tier 1 carriers in the U.S. (and a couple regional ones), I expect a sizable development community will support this device.

http://androidandme.com/2010/07/hack...-u-s-versions/

The phone doesn't come out until this Sunday by the way. The AT&T reps are still sticking with the $349 no contract price. Very tempting. Have to resist pulling the trigger on this one and wait.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
1st TL-S on air in

what makes the samsung galaxy s better than the Evo. I was looking at specs and they seem very similar. Im such a newbie to android that id like to understand what makes one phone better than the next. Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
If I had a choice I'd probably lean to HTC since I had bad times with my Samsung Impression. Sure it's nowhere near in the same line as the Galaxy but I'd try HTC first.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Safety Car

what makes the samsung galaxy s better than the Evo. I was looking at specs and they seem very similar. Im such a newbie to android that id like to understand what makes one phone better than the next. Thanks
The HTC Evo is running a 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon with Adreno graphics.

The Samsung is running a 1 GHz Hummingbird with PowerVR-SGX450 graphics.

From my earlier post:
Hummingbird > Snapdragon. Samsung's Hummingbird processor is actually the same processor in the iPhone 4 but clocked at 1 GHz and in 45 nm meaning its more efficient power wise. The PowerVR-SGX450 is a 45nm version of the iPhone's PowerVR-SGX535 so once again, its power efficient and pushing out the same amount of polygons if not more. Samsung isn't playing around with their upcoming phone.

Qualcomm's Snapdragon Adreno is no match to the PowerVR-SGX450 thats why if you see the gaming comparisons, Samsung wipes the floor on the Nexus One, Evo and all other Snapdragon phones which use the Adreno. The Droid X is running a TI OMAP 3630 processor which is comparable to the Hummingbird but it will be running a PowerVR-SGX530 for the GPU so its not too far behind. If I had to rate the phones now in terms of pure performance, it would go like this:

Samsung Galaxy S > Droid X > Evo = Nexus One = Desire
So in the end, the HTC Evo is almost as fast as the Samsung CPU wise but gets destroyed in gaming due to its outdated GPU. The PowerVR-SGX450 is about 2-3x more powerful than the PowerVR-SGX530 found in the Droid.

Depending on where the state of gaming goes for Android, you can expect the HTC Evo to not be able to run the future 'HD' Gaming due to the gpu demand. Here's AndroidandMe's GPU benchmark test of the Samsung vs. Nexus One:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4p5...layer_embedded

The Nexus One and HTC Evo are essentially the same phone. The HTC Evo just has a 4.3" screen. With that said, the HTC Evo is still a nice phone. The Captivate will be lacking a front facing camera and camera flash. Two things the Evo has. So we'll have to wait and see where Android goes with gaming.

All the new Samsung Galaxy phones coming out in the next couple of weeks will all be similar just tailored to each carrier. The best one, however, will be Sprint's Epic 4G. It will have a keyboard, front facing camera, camera flash and whole nine yards. It'll be the top of the line Samsung Android phone once it comes out.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Doom878
If I had a choice I'd probably lean to HTC since I had bad times with my Samsung Impression. Sure it's nowhere near in the same line as the Galaxy but I'd try HTC first.
Yeah its true. Samsung has had a bad history when it comes to support of their phones.

I think this one will be different, however. First off, the Galaxy S is being launched worldwide to 110 mobile partners. They have a lot of stake on this phone. Instead of just pissing off North American customers, they'll piss off the whole world should they decide not to support this phone. This is their baby just in much the same way the Nexus One is Google's baby. So they won't abandon this one that quickly. They already sold 300,000 in South Korea in the past few weeks since its launched.

No, it won't get the updates as fast as Google but I think this phone will get updates. How far along will we get Android updates? Can't say for sure. They already released their source code WITH drivers for Froyo. Prior to this, they released source codes late and without access to the drivers which pissed off a lot of custom ROM devs. So we'll at most get Froyo for now. Is this a change from their practices before? Well hopefully so.

They're trying to steal HTC's market share and if they screw this one up, then they'll never have that chance ever again. And the price they're letting the Captivate go, thats a steal for all the specs of this phone...
Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Safety Car

Here's one more comparison of the HTC Evo vs. the Samsung:

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=17125

The Samsung Galaxy S with a 45 nm Hummingbird beating for a heart looks to be the most powerful ARM SoC available in the near future, however, the 45 nm Snapdragons and the Cortex-A9 TI OMAP 4 series will almost certainly reclaim that title later this year and onwards into 2011. The EVO 4G, while having an impressive set of specifications, still runs a 65 nm chip that is less power efficient and pales in terms of graphics performance when compared to the Galaxy S. If you happen to live under Sprint’s WiMAX umbrella and can’t resist a 4.3-inch screen, the EVO 4G may be a hard opportunity to resist. But if you’re looking for the better performer and display with unsurpassed quality, a Samsung Galaxy S looks like the choice to make assuming it lands on a carrier that works for you. AT&T is likely, signs point to T-Mobile as well, and it’s speculated that it’ll eventually end up on all 4 major US carriers. Both phones are headed our way in “Summer 2010”. One thing is certain; it’s not going to be an easy wait!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Safety Car

Oh yeah, Samsung will be releasing an Android Tablet soon as well that goes along with their Galaxy S line:

http://www.samsunghub.com/2010/07/13...efore-october/

They look like giant Galaxy S. lol. But I would use this is as another reason why I don't think they'll abandon these phones too quickly. If they did, they're aiming to fail pretty hard.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
1st TL-S on air in

so gpu is the major difference for the two phones. When does the samsung galaxy s come out to sprint? I will have to be purchasing a phone for my son but i might as well purchase this phone and out right buy a cheap phone for him. Thanks for the info. As of right now cyanogen's release should be here in the next week or too. Reason i like this rom so much better than the other roms is that he writes the codes, while other just cook a piece by piece rom to get it to work. You can check out his work as it is happening for those who dont know much about Froyo.

Twitter: cyanogen
Forum: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com
Issue Tracker: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list
Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com
GitHub: http://github.com/CyanogenMod
Old 07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Safety Car

so gpu is the major difference for the two phones. When does the samsung galaxy s come out to sprint?
In short, yes, the GPU is the main selling point. The other is the Super AMOLED screen. It will be exclusive to Samsung phones until next year. Its a LOT more power efficient than regular LCDs and more usable in the sun compared to a regular AMOLED screen found in the Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire. The colors are vivid and the contrast ratio is about 100,000:1 due to blacks actually being black. It has crazy good viewing angles. It can do 5 point multi-touch whereas, the HTCs can do only 2. Basically, the things Samsung is known for, their screen tech. The Super AMOLED is comparable to the Retina Display in the iPhone 4. Where the iPhone 4 has more pixel density, the Super AMOLED has better colors and is bigger. Of course, no one will notice the pixel density unless they use their phone with a microscope thats why I think that one test Engadget did to compare the two screens was retarded. Which one is better will go down to preference.

Release date hasn't been announced yet. I think they're saying August though cause the Fascinate is supposed to come in September to Verizon.

Reason i like this rom so much better than the other roms is that he writes the codes, while other just cook a piece by piece rom to get it to work.
Yeah, Cyanogen is awesome. I'm hoping he picks up working on the Samsung, then I'm all over it, no doubt. I believe they're about to release the FM transmitter for the Nexus One. They're also trying to improve the 720P code for the Nexus One as well.

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 07-13-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM
1st TL-S on air in

interesting you brought up about samsung amoled. According to this two sites, samsung is part of the cause for a shortage of Evo's.

http://www.mobilitysite.com/2010/07/...ts-evo-4g-too/;

http://phandroid.com/2010/07/12/dan-...-in-our-plans/

Quick Reply: Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread