Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!
View Poll Results: Who Will Win the SuperBowl?
Seahawks
34.62%
Steelers
65.38%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Official Superbowl Thread!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
hats off to the Steelers.

i wish there weren't any controversial calls though. all i asked for was a good game without interference from the refs. no such luck.

i hope the media noticed that the seahawks were not the pushover that they thought we were.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesi
And just a FYI the first TD catch was a penalty.. If he used his forearm to push off it wouldn't have been but the the arm extension makes it a push off..
It was the wrong call! That was the weakest penalty call I've seen. Football is a contact sport and there was barely any contact. The contact had nothing to do with the play, rather the reciever burned his opponent. You can see the ref wasn't going to intially call the penalty until the complaint by the Steelers.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soopa
I wouldn't expect you to openly admit the shame you feel for the crowning achievement of your life to have been a complete fraud.

However I will rest well tonight knowing that you're being kept awake by the sorry fact that you, the ultimate steelers fan, has been bamboozled by your ultimate role models.
I have no shame..
Old 02-05-2006, 10:13 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cmark

i wish there weren't any controversial calls though. all i asked for was a good game without interference from the refs. no such luck.

i hope the media noticed that the seahawks were not the pushover that they thought we were.
But they are pushovers.

Not in their athletic ability.

But obviously in the ability of their owners to grease the right palms at the Golf Club.

Seattle should be ashamed that, given this opportunity, they didn't stoop to destroying one of the last American institutions like their competition did.

Silly hippies, always the realists.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Maximized
It was the wrong call! That was the weakest penalty call I've seen. Football is a contact sport and there was barely any contact. The contact had nothing to do with the play, rather the reciever burned his opponent. You can see the ref wasn't going to intially call the penalty until the complaint by the Steelers.

Think what you will but it is a penalty if you extend the arm.. Take it for what it's worth but it's the rules.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Interesting. Interesting.

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I have no shame..

No doubt. Between the your reveling in the Steeler's Super Bowl victory and that rim-job laden faux-trade you mde with dom in our fantasy hockey league, I now cast you further down than Tucker Carlson on my list of "Stand-Up Folk"
Old 02-05-2006, 10:15 PM

Dude, if there were no controversial calls in the NFL, the Redskins would have won the Super Bowl three weeks ago.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn, it's ugly in here...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah it's pretty cut and dry in the rulebook, the pushoff rule that is.

It's so funny i have all these bitter redskins and eagles fans (my gf) IMing and texting me saying how we're lucky and not good etc. There's always gonna be haters. The eagles fans will say porter deserved a flag for a horsecollar (because that's how they lost TO last yr)

Refs aside, the seahawks lost because of poor clock management, inability to finish drives, and like someone mentioned before, gave up 3 big plays. Most of you should know big plays win games.

Congrats Steelers....don't listen to the haters.

Last edited by Mike97 3.0P; 02-05-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:17 PM
The Creator

I have no shame..
Yeah you do. You're team and all faith you've ever held in them is FRAUDULENT!

Your team doesn't value you. You, their loyal fan, are simply a pawn.

Your time has been wasted.

You have been an accomplice to what is the end of America's greatest tradition.

There's nothing sacred left in the world... all thanks to you.
Senior Moderator

Soopa if you watched the WHOLE playoffs and every game you would know the refs have Royally fucked up the game.. We almost lost to Indy b/c of a call that the league came out and said it was the wrong call.. The Refs suck.. And these are the "All Star" refs for big games..
Drifting

I think our team will go far next year too, Should stay pretty much intact. Hope we can resign alexander. Go Seahawks. We Don't have a damn thing to be ashamed of & I'm Damn proud to be a hawk fan.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Got Phó?

I wouldn't expect you to openly admit the shame you feel for the crowning achievement of your life to have been a complete fraud.

However I will rest well tonight knowing that you're being kept awake by the sorry fact that you, the ultimate steelers fan, has been bamboozled by your ultimate role models.

You're team and their championship is a fake.

The NFL is more corrupt than the Kremlin.

HOw i sooo agree with you. Man.....makes me sick!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Damn, it's ugly in here...

Well, what do you expect? On the one hand we have peeps supporting a football team from a city famous for it's gay mocha-choca-skim-no whip-triple-lattes and the on the other hand we have people reveling in winning a fixed game over said gay football team.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Think what you will but it is a penalty if you extend the arm.. Take it for what it's worth but it's the rules.
He didn't push off. It was a BS call. Watch the replay, it's clear as day. Seattle got robbed of that touchdown.

Football in general has become a pussified sport.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
Steelers WIN!!! All I have to say... Seattle dale can post whore some more, but we all know who won.
The Creator

Originally Posted by seattle dale
I think our team will go far next year too, Should stay pretty much intact. Hope we can resign alexander. Go Seahawks. We Don't have a damn thing to be ashamed of & I'm Damn proud to be a hawk fan.
Next year? There is no next year.

Football is over.

May as well do like those drunken ninny's over in England and take up real football.
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
alexander sucks... he won the rushing title playing the 49ers texans cardinals...
Senior Moderator

Yeah you do. You're team and all faith you've ever held in them is FRAUDULENT!

Your team doesn't value you. You, their loyal fan, are simply a pawn.

Your time has been wasted.

You have been an accomplice to what is the end of America's greatest tradition.

There's nothing sacred left in the world... all thanks to you.

I've had faith through the losses and wins.. The ups the downs.. And whatever else lame saying you want to throw in..

They still beat the hell out of the Seahawks in the second half..
Old 02-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Drifting

Soopa if you watched the WHOLE playoffs and every game you would know the refs have Royally fucked up the game.. We almost lost to Indy b/c of a call that the league came out and said it was the wrong call.. The Refs suck.. And these are the "All Star" refs for big games..
I think that black ref is the best one, think his name is carrie. Where was he tonight. These refs didn't have a clue once again. There needs to be some head bangin in the off season. I mean these guys have instant replay & still fuck it up! Some times i woder if there are payoffs taking place.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Randle El is a free agent now....
Old 02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
The Creator

I'll give ya that.

Only because the Seahawks and every other half sober and rational person in the universe realized the game was FIXED.

Why let themselves get hurt when the game can't/couldn't be won?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Drifting

I've had faith through the losses and wins.. The ups the downs.. And whatever else lame saying you want to throw in..

You call that a beating (2 plays). Arent we full of ourselves?
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
The worse call in this year's playoff had to be that Pit/Indy game, in which the refs took that interception away from Troy. That was some blatant BS right there. Who ever that ref was should never be able to officiate a playoff game again.

Next year? There is no next year.

Football is over.

May as well do like those drunken ninny's over in England and take up real football.

If anything, today marks the end of football as we know it.

Congrats, Pittsburgh for ruining our favourite sport, our country, and everything we believe in.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
The Creator

I mean these guys have instant replay & still fuck it up! Some times i woder if there are payoffs taking place.
There has to be.

Either that or this is the only way refs can make names of themselves... by making shitty calls.

Every single person in the universe knew that Steelers TD was NOT a TD.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by wstevens

If anything, today marks the end of football as we know it.

Congrats, Pittsburgh for ruining our favourite sport, our country, and everything we believe in.

As if it wasn't bad enough that you ruined the america steel industry and gave it to the Russians!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Bent = #1

I think that black ref is the best one, think his name is carrie. Where was he tonight. These refs didn't have a clue once again. There needs to be some head bangin in the off season. I mean these guys have instant replay & still fuck it up! Some times i woder if there are payoffs taking place.

it has to be indisputable evidence to reverse the call! the ball was so close and you know it. I agree it didn't look like it was in to me, but honestly it was within less than a cm of getting across the goal line.
The Creator

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
The worse call in this year's playoff had to be that Pit/Indy game, in which the refs took that interception away from Troy. That was some blatant BS right there. Who ever that ref was should never be able to officiate a playoff game again.

They're bad calls when they hurt you but not when they WIN YOU A SUPERBOWL?
Senior Moderator

As if it wasn't bad enough that you ruined the america steel industry and gave it to the Russians!

Chinese focker..
Old 02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
it has to be indisputable evidence to reverse the call! the ball was so close and you know it. I agree it didn't look like it was in to me, but honestly it was within less than a cm of getting across the goal line.
If that wasn't irrefutable I don't know what is.

You could see that dirty fucking cave man of a quarter back trying to snake that ball across the line after pulling it out from under his steroid shrunkin genitals.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Drifting

There has to be.

Either that or this is the only way refs can make names of themselves... by making shitty calls.

Every single person in the universe knew that Steelers TD was NOT a TD.
and what about our touchdown that was a touchdown. Sure jackson slightly pushed off, but just prior to that their db was pushing jackson., but no that wasn't called. In all reality ball should have been placed @ the 1. Blatent pass interference
Old 02-05-2006, 10:29 PM
The Creator

Chinese focker..
Both.

Your team and your city is owned by communists.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Bent = #1

If that wasn't irrefutable I don't know what is.

You could see that dirty fucking cave man of a quarter back trying to snake that ball across the line after pulling it out from under his steroid shrunkin genitals.

i know at the end once he hit the ground he tried to push it across but when he was in the air the ball pretty much stopped right before the line... so obviously the refs weren't going to reverse their call on the field

like i stated earlier if the line judge (or whoever made the initial call) would have ruled the ball not across the line then the instant replay would not have found it to be a touchdown.. the blame should be on that line judge for making that call for what he thought was a touchdown. in real time play it looked like it could be across but obviously when looking at replay it was so close and the evidence wasn't clear enough to reverse it.

i remember a stat saying the main ref was 23% of reversing calls on the field... lowest in the league.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,917 Likes on 2,617 Posts
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun

It wasn't in.

The Steelers dominated the 2nd half...but that 1st TD was not in....we were all arguing that one at the party i was at...anyone who says the corner of the ball was in is blind.

He elbow was pushed under him in the air...the ball never made it in.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
The Creator

AND WHAT'S WORSE...

TO TOP IT ALL OFF...

THEY FOLLOW UP THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A GAME WITH WHAT MIGHT BE THE WORST FUCKING SHOW ON TELEVISION!

How do these people call themselves actors? This is worse than a daytime soap. Grey's fucking Anatomy? I should have known this show would suck by the name alone.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Bent = #1

and what about our touchdown that was a touchdown. Sure jackson slightly pushed off, but just prior to that their db was pushing jackson., but no that wasn't called. In all reality ball should have been placed @ the 1. Blatent pass interference

i dont' think that was pass interference but the only reason it was called was cuz it happened in front of the ref or because the db argued it to the ref.. shouldn't have been called pass interference but i still think the steelers played better in the 2nd half.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

So it would've made it 4th and a inch.. They kick a field goal and still win..
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

Man, you can tell who the refs bet on!! that game was so fixed. or what about when they said jackson caught it out of bounds

AND WHAT'S WORSE...

TO TOP IT ALL OFF...

THEY FOLLOW UP THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A GAME WITH WHAT MIGHT BE THE WORST FUCKING SHOW ON TELEVISION!

How do these people call themselves actors? This is worse than a daytime soap. Grey's fucking Anatomy? I should have known this show would suck by the name alone.

I will sleep tonight with one eye open. Knowing full well that there is no God.

Quick Reply: Official Superbowl Thread!