Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

THE 2007 College Football Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/viSJgjoqLFs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/viSJgjoqLFs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
That's exactly why everyone hates Florida fans :ghey:
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
That's exactly why everyone hates Florida fans :ghey:
woah now, FSU and UF are both in hick towns, you will have some hicks in these schools, you know that, so dont make it like FSU kids are such great and intellectual fans, because they are not, just for the record.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:30 PM
No He Can't

Tallahassee's got a little more going for it than Gainesville. I know the kind of people that go there (UF).. I almost did (went to UF) and my ex does go there. I used to go down there all the time a few years ago. No doubt that Florida fans are SMARTER than FSU fans, I know the requirements for admission.. like I said I almost went there. It's just that most of them are stuck up rich kids that whine and bitch like this all the time. Auburn played a better game and that kid is a fucking baby.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tallahassee's got a little more going for it than Gainesville. I know the kind of people that go there (UF).. I almost did (went to UF) and my ex does go there. I used to go down there all the time a few years ago. No doubt that Florida fans are SMARTER than FSU fans, I know the requirements for admission.. like I said I almost went there. It's just that most of them are stuck up rich kids that whine and bitch like this all the time. Auburn played a better game and that kid is a fucking baby.
Lol Tally and Gainesville are complete shit if you come from South Florida, but I do agree with you that the kid is a baby, but also i would say theres prob an equal ratio of south florida rich kids at both schools.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 AM
No He Can't

Yea, I just realized I sounded a little harsh in my previous post. In no way am I trying to put down you or any other Florida fan on this thread or even this board.

I was just trying to say in my original post on this page that if you surveyed a bunch of college football fans from across the nation that most people would see a typical Florida fan in that video. I do have to agree with you about Gainesville and Tallahassee BOTH being shit compared to other places in the state.

In other news, here's a good article that a buddy wrote about the Noles as of lately. Apparently, Lee has won the starting job and Weatherford will be behind him like Lee was behind Weatherford the past few years. Jimbo and other new coaches have really started to mold Lee into the superstar that he can be, as long as he makes good decisions.
I felt the way I did Saturday night once before.

It was a year ago, riding back to my hotel after I watched Xavier Lee pump life into a dead offense during Florida State's 27-24 loss to Maryland.

In the Oct. 29, 2006 edition of the Miami Herald, a certain writer (okay okay it was me), wrote that “Florida State lost its fourth game of the season Saturday against Maryland, but it might have found a star at quarterback.”

A couple dropped passes, a blocked field goal, and a defense that had been ravaged by injuries prevented Lee from pulling out a win in his first career start. But it was a beginning, a turning point not only in his career, but for Florida State.

As we know now, it was a tease, and I had clearly jumped the gun when I anointed him a star. Lee struggled the week after, completing only 12 of his 25 passes for 185 yards, in a sluggish 33-0 win over Virginia.

Rock bottom was Nov. 11 on a rain-soaked Saturday night in Tallahassee. Lee threw two first-half interceptions on two consecutive throws, and then was quickly replaced by Drew Weatherford. We learned afterwards that the second interception that Lee had thrown came on a play where he had two options. He could either throw a route on the right sideline, or throw it away. He did neither, instead opting to throw it to the left side of the field, more specifically right into Wake Forest linebacker Stanley Arnoux's chest.

It was the type of freelancing that had kept Lee on the sidelines and kept coach Bobby Bowden from handing the former five-star the reigns to the offense.

And that is the reason that I am cautious.

I really do think it will be different this time around, though.

He looked comfortable, he looked confident, and he looked capable of using his ability within offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher's offense. That's what Fisher and Bowden finally began to see out of Lee during last week's practice, and that is what Seminole nation saw Saturday against Alabama.

Let me use Phil Mickelson as an example. No one ever doubted Mickelson's talent early in Lefty's career. But just as everyone acknowledged his raw ability for the game, they acknowledged that he would never win a major until he improved his decision making and his ability to manage his round.
No one has ever questioned Lee's arm, or his athletic ability, but as Fisher has said numerous times, playing quarterback is more than running and throwing. It looks as if Lee is beginning to mature just as many expected him to under the offensive coordinator that groomed last year's No. 1 draft pick JaMarcus Russell.

Lee hasn't won the Master's yet, though, but it appears he will get his chance. Bowden said during his weekly booster luncheon, that Lee isn't a temporary replacement, he has won the job.

"Lee made things happen with his running ability, plus the strength of his arm, plus he was getting the ball to the right people," Bowden said. "He won the job. Drew is the backup now. He'll have to play the role Xavier's been playing the past couple of years."

With the coaching staff behind him, the job secured, and schedule that will allow Lee to continue get comfortable and gain confidence before a brutal November, Lee has a chance to erase last season's struggles and progress into the quarterback he is capable of being.

"I've got my shot and hope to make the most of it," Lee said.

Xavier, we're all rooting for you.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Cal-Stanford ring a bell?

Wasn't that a kick off not an 80 yard pass play..
Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
I think what he was getting at was... we were driving for the 'go ahead' score... Auburn wasn't in prevent just quite yet.... they were still sending pressure. Had we scored, we would have gone up by 4 (with the PAT)... but, since you guys got the TD, you won by 10.

Doesn't matter now though... that game is history.

Anyways, congrats again on the win... it sucks for me, but... that's why they play the game. Hopefully they can rebound against LSU... hopefully.

I'm pretty sure on the play he was talking about we were in prevent since it was the last play of the game.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Bent = #1

Doesn't get much better for Florida.. Joiner arrested..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3046053

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Tony Joiner, a starter on the Gators' defending national champion football team, was arrested by Gainesville Police and charged with burglary on Tuesday, according to the Gainesville Sun.

Joiner is accused of going into an impound lot to retrieve his girlfriend's car at approximately 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. His girlfriend's car was being held at Watson's Towing, the Sun reported, in lieu of a $76 towing bill, according to the police report.

The police report said witnesses saw a man push open the gates of the towing service and drive a car out. As he was trying to close the gates, one of the witnesses confronted the man, who then drove the car back in the lot.

Police arrived and arrested Joiner, who has 17 tackles and an interception for the Gators, who travel to face No. 1 LSU on Saturday night. Florida lost to Auburn last weekend.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
Wasn't that a kick off not an 80 yard pass play..
Yes, but point is they started at a much worse field position than UF did.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Bent = #1

Yes, but point is they started at a much worse field position than UF did.

Yeah I guess.. but on a kickoff the kicking team is more spread out and vulnerable for open gaps, or missed assignments. We weren't going to pull an Oklahoma and let them run the statue of liberty play.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No tasers involved? hahaha
Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by salvo24
No tasers involved? hahaha

Haha no.. he was already "shocked" enough after losing at home
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
No He Can't

See.. Florida State's not the only team with criminals on it
Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
No He Can't

You also kinda left out the part where he supposedly made arrangements with the towing company to come pick up his car and no one was there for him to pay so he was just getting the car and was going to com pay later.

"However, the owner of the property that that houses Watson's Towing told Florida Today that Joiner had made arrangements to pick up the car. According to the paper, property owner Stan Forron said Joiner had talked to the lot's dispatcher about picking up the car. The dispatcher had gone to get food and left the gate to the lot open. He claims Joiner was going to pay the bill, but when no one was there, he took the car and was going to pay the bill later."

But....

"Lt. Keith Kameg of the Gainesville police told Florida Today: "He did not have permission to enter. When you attempt to move a car that is impounded it's burglary.""
Old 10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Racer

Lets see how long this suspension lasts for Joiner.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
No He Can't

I bet he plays this weekend against LSU
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Horny,

I sure as hell would not want to be LSU this weekend because the Gators are going to come out swinging and pissed. We win at LSU.
Ok so Its my first year here in the swamp and yeah people here are cocky ass mofo's. I think the loss is going to set us straight and yea come this saturday were kicking some major ass!

And hell yea its great to be a Florida Gator
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 AM
101 years of heartache...

Why is that kid so pissed? His school has won 3 championships in 2 years. Calm the hell down, it was 1 fricken game. What a stuck up little prick.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Bent = #1

You also kinda left out the part where he supposedly made arrangements with the towing company to come pick up his car and no one was there for him to pay so he was just getting the car and was going to com pay later.

"However, the owner of the property that that houses Watson's Towing told Florida Today that Joiner had made arrangements to pick up the car. According to the paper, property owner Stan Forron said Joiner had talked to the lot's dispatcher about picking up the car. The dispatcher had gone to get food and left the gate to the lot open. He claims Joiner was going to pay the bill, but when no one was there, he took the car and was going to pay the bill later."

But....

"Lt. Keith Kameg of the Gainesville police told Florida Today: "He did not have permission to enter. When you attempt to move a car that is impounded it's burglary.""

They definitely updated that article... I copied the whole article when I posted that. They changed it on me!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
See.. Florida State's not the only team with criminals on it
Miami takes the cake.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Bent = #1

I do not envy Florida's next 5 games... @LSU, @Kentucky, "@"UGA, VS. Vanderbilt, @ South Carolina. There are 2 losses coming, and possibly 3.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
No He Can't

For my sake, I hope they win this weekend.. or at least lose by no more than 6
Old 10-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Bent = #1

For my sake, I hope they win this weekend.. or at least lose by no more than 6

Haha come on you gotta root against Florida..
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Acurazine OG.

I do not envy Florida's next 5 games... @LSU, @Kentucky, "@"UGA, VS. Vanderbilt, @ South Carolina. There are 2 losses coming, and possibly 3.
Win, Win, Win (worlds largest outdoor cocktail party), Win, Lose.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Bent = #1

You think you'd win over LSU than over South Carolina? I think... L L L W W
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts

Alright enuf goddammit... The Cocks will win against UF, and win all of our other games including the revenge game against LSU in the SEC Championship!!!

We are talking about college baseball or is this the wrong thread????
Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Карты убийцы

On another kinder note, who would have ever thought South Carolina and Kentucky would battle for first place in the SEC East in October?
Bent = #1

I think they stand a good chance, but I can't pick the defending National Champions to lose 4 of 5
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by Professor
On another kinder note, who would have ever thought South Carolina and Kentucky would battle for first place in the SEC East in October?

UGA is still going to win it
Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Карты убийцы

UGA is still going to win it

Baseball or basketball or ping-pong?

The Vols will remove them from the equation this weekend.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Bent = #1

The Vols are terrible this year, although I know they could pull an upset. I still see UGA coming out of Knoxville with the win.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Карты убийцы

The Vols are terrible this year, although I know they could pull an upset. I still see UGA coming out of Knoxville with the win.

You are probably right, but Fat Phil's job is on the line. To get over the UF loss, this upset may satisfy the Vol Nation for another year.

Also, the Vols first loss was not too shabby against a #3 Cal team away; Florida was a nuke (away again) at the Swamp.

I think I'd give the 2 points and take UT this weekend.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Bent = #1

Wanna bet
Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Карты убийцы

Wanna bet

O.K. I 'll give you 2 points. What's the wager? We can PM each other for contact info.

Would you like UK and 3 1/2 against South Carolina as well?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by Professor
O.K. I 'll give you 2 points. What's the wager? We can PM each other for contact info.

Would you like UK and 3 1/2 against South Carolina as well?

PM Sent.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Acurazine OG.

I think SC is going to give them a hard time... I honestly think that they are are going to go into Baton Rouge and win....

Come on now, you don't really think that UF will be an 8-4 team, do you?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Bent = #1

I see it as being a possibility.. I mean "come on now, you didn't really think that UF would lose to Auburn, did you? "
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Acurazine OG.

I see it as being a possibility.. I mean "come on now, you didn't really think that UF would lose to Auburn, did you? "
Touche...

Although, it worked out alright last season!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by lscld
^
Finally some love for UK up in here.
Lets hope that they can prove that their #8 ranking is no joke by beating usc this week. I'm already getting excited.

Reps!

A UK fan in Texas?

Anyways, can't wait 'till tomorrow night!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
No He Can't

Watch Xavier Lee tear it up again tomorrow night against NC State.

Quick Reply: THE 2007 College Football Thread