Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my exhaust installed tonight, took Jorge and I about an hour start to finish. Looks good, and it sounds AWESOME! It may be a bit loud for Erin, but I am digging it BIG TIME!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Got my exhaust installed tonight, took Jorge and I about an hour start to finish. Looks good, and it sounds AWESOME! It may be a bit loud for Erin, but I am digging it BIG TIME!
video clips please

i'm thinking of slicing off my mid muffler for the hell of it
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Video camera please.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Test drove a TL today! It was an 06 Red/That tanish/brown interior. AT with NAV.

It felt really solid. Like nice and sporty but yet comfy.

I took it all the way down to Pilot knob then ripped it around a clover leaf. It held its own pretty well but you definatly notice the understeer begin to happen.

Power was down a lil vs my car, but it made an awesome noise. Sounded nice.

Overall, i really liked the car! If felt more solid than my car. But i dont trust my suspension anymore...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Test drove a TL today! It was an 06 Red/That tanish/brown interior. AT with NAV.

It felt really solid. Like nice and sporty but yet comfy.

I took it all the way down to Pilot knob then ripped it around a clover leaf. It held its own pretty well but you definatly notice the understeer begin to happen.

Power was down a lil vs my car, but it made an awesome noise. Sounded nice.

Overall, i really liked the car! If felt more solid than my car. But i dont trust my suspension anymore...
funny i thought the g35 would be way more sporty than the clunky fat-kid-with-nike-running-shoes TL
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
8th Gear

I think its my suspension setup. I need to figure it out.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 AM

i cant wait to hear it on the next meet. do you have any other plans for it josh?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I think its my suspension setup. I need to figure it out.
What's wrong with your suspension? Your car is pretty new, there shouldn't be any problems with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
8th Gear

Idk man. It just feels like a boat during spirited driving lol My dads 08 doesnt feel like that and neither did that Acura.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Razzi
funny i thought the g35 would be way more sporty than the clunky fat-kid-with-nike-running-shoes TL
I guess just like people who look like their pets. I have something in common with my car
Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Idk man. It just feels like a boat during spirited driving lol My dads 08 doesnt feel like that and neither did that Acura.
Um, it IS a boat.

If it is floating over the bumps, that it is because it is a luxury cruiser, not a sports car. If you want to stiffen it up a bit, get some springs and sway bars, then it will make your kidneys hurt after a road trip.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by phitech
oh takata, did you ever figure out what is going on with your intake system yet?
I sent an email to the guys at WR to see if the have run in to this problem.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Takata 18
I sent an email to the guys at WR to see if the have run in to this problem.
What's going on with your intake?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Pro

http://mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83931

Matt, did you see him take your pic? lol
Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
8th Gear

Um, it IS a boat.

If it is floating over the bumps, that it is because it is a luxury cruiser, not a sports car. If you want to stiffen it up a bit, get some springs and sway bars, then it will make your kidneys hurt after a road trip.
I know its not an S2k or anything, but it should certainly be sporty (kind of what its designed for)

Id get sway bars but dont wanna have to keep replacing end links..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I know its not an S2k or anything, but it should certainly be sporty (kind of what its designed for)

Id get sway bars but dont wanna have to keep replacing end links..
It's a sporty luxo-cruiser, not a luxury sports car. If you want to feel the difference, I will ask once of my autox buddies in a real sports car to give you a ride.

If you replace the sways and are worried about the end links, replace them with the sways. Most companies make a heavy duty end link, but I doubt you really need them. Matt has been running stock end links with a FAT swy up front on his car and he is driving it a WHOLE LOT harder than you are driving the G.

Is it wallowing? Meaning, when you hit a bump, does it tend to undulate for a while before finally smoothing out?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Kind of long, please read / give me some feedback

I posted this in the 3G forum, but I'm not getting many direct answers. I have been in contact with Safelite and AmFam about this as well, but I want to have my ducks in a row before I go apeshit on everyone and find out I'm wrong.

I just got the same windshield put in mine today. Let me tell you...scary. Kind of wished I wouldnt have watched him do it, but now i know what to look for.

I know this is BS, but I still want to rant a little.

First, the guy put some knicks just above the doors/windshield using his razor to cut the molding across the top of the windshield.

Then, he comes out with a damn reciprocating saw with a paint scraper in it instead of a blade to cut the seal loose from the inside of the car (anyone ever seen anything like this?)

My windshield actually has a flaw in it, in which if you look at the reflection off the windshield - you can see there is a spot that "divits" in more than the rest of the windshield. It's probably a 2-3 inch long defect in the glass edge as far as I'm concerned. **edit** To better explain the size, imagine someone putting their elbow/forearm to the glass when it was still very hot, and pushing it in a little. My windshield is no longer perfectly curved - there is an indentation about 2"x4" at the top of the glass. you can't see it unless your looking into the reflection

Finally - need your help on this one somebody... I dont think he seated the left/right trim all the way. If you look very close at it, the trim is kind of like a J channel. The outside edge (furthest out from the window) just kind of hangs there. But it looks as if there is an inner channel that has a rubber weatherstripping/seal on it. Should that be touching my glass? I would think so, but it is a good 1/8" off the glass.

And I never noticed this, but those of you that have seen the windshield replaced can attest - When they pull the trim piece off the window, there are tabs that are colored red, blue, green and yellow. Why they are colored beats me. But I can now see them if I look at the edges of the windshield from the side. Was this always like this, and I just never noticed? (who really stares at the edges of the windshield normally).

I don't know whether to complain to someone about this, or if I'm just barking up someones tree because the guy didnt seem to "care about my baby" as much as I do?

P.S - Is the SafeLite (whatever its called) glass accoustic? They claim it is, but the glass installer said that usually the window would say - in which case this doesnt (neither did the factory glass though either)
Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear

It's a sporty luxo-cruiser, not a luxury sports car. If you want to feel the difference, I will ask once of my autox buddies in a real sports car to give you a ride.

If you replace the sways and are worried about the end links, replace them with the sways. Most companies make a heavy duty end link, but I doubt you really need them. Matt has been running stock end links with a FAT swy up front on his car and he is driving it a WHOLE LOT harder than you are driving the G.

Is it wallowing? Meaning, when you hit a bump, does it tend to undulate for a while before finally smoothing out?
Actually my endlinks arnt stock, they are made from various parts from http://www.mcmaster.com/

Theres some folks that do use the stock endlinks with some success... but again, as josh said, my front sway is much much stiffer than anything you should consider.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
fu

i don't know if anyone remembers me saying that some guy took a picture of me as we rolled through stillwater, and if its the guy i remember he had like an afro or something crazy.. well ts_vag somehow found the picture. my mind is blown if it is what i think it is.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey, if you guys want to get into an autocross, you'll have to go to MNautox.com and look for spots for sale. Matt put his up today and they sold within minutes. As we get closer to the event, there will be a lot of people selling their spot.

Also, you will be able to get signed up for future events as they open up 30 days prior to the event date.

If you guys want to get in on autocrossing, you'll have to jump on it because the people up here are really into it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

This is a pretty decent close up

Here is a picture I took from the other side of the car to show you that I'm not sticking the lense right up to the crack - it's visible from 15 feet away if your at the right angle

Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I'm just going to throw this out there, and I could be full of shit. I'll let you decide.

Could it be that since you had the windshield replaced and you didn't like the manner in which it was done, you are nitpicking the shit out of the install? Your description sounds pretty much right on with my experience in getting windshields replaced.

Also, why do you care if you can barely see that clip from just the right angle? Is that the angle from which you normally view your car?

Take your car to the car wash, one of those power-sprayer ones. Ride through. If nothing comes off and nothing leaks, you're good.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I'm just going to throw this out there, and I could be full of shit. I'll let you decide.

Could it be that since you had the windshield replaced and you didn't like the manner in which it was done, you are nitpicking the shit out of the install? Your description sounds pretty much right on with my experience in getting windshields replaced.

Also, why do you care if you can barely see that clip from just the right angle? Is that the angle from which you normally view your car?

Take your car to the car wash, one of those power-sprayer ones. Ride through. If nothing comes off and nothing leaks, you're good.
You're a bit right about the install. I guess I've never noticed the clips before, so I'm wondering if it was like that before or not. I've actually got like 10 pics of all of the trim that is messed up. This was just one of the better ones that showed a little substance.

That's why I posted it on here though - to see if I'm just being anal about things, or if I should be putting my foot down and having someone install it correctly (if it is in fact incorrect)
Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Punctuation Nazi

In my experience, you are almost never better off for having watched what someone does to your car when they work on it.

It would be like coming home to see someone de-flowering your daughter on the kitchen table, no one wants to see that.

Last edited by asujosh1; 04-14-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm back

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slepybear
i don't know if anyone remembers me saying that some guy took a picture of me as we rolled through stillwater, and if its the guy i remember he had like an afro or something crazy.. well ts_vag somehow found the picture. my mind is blown if it is what i think it is.
haha i saw my car on mnsportcompacts too lol, no woder why..i saw that afro guy was taking pic of kent and my car...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
8th Gear

No no, not like a Buick.

It just seems to have a lot of body roll when you go around corners.

Maybe its just me. Im gonna try to drive my friends 04 on eibachs and see how his drives.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Body roll will be partially addressed by springs, but sways are really the only answer for fixing the problem. But keep in mind, everything you do to the suspension is going to impact the overall ride quality in the car.

If you want a sportier car, you might consider getting a car that starts out a bit sportier and a bit less lux.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:09 AM
8th Gear

Body roll will be partially addressed by springs, but sways are really the only answer for fixing the problem. But keep in mind, everything you do to the suspension is going to impact the overall ride quality in the car.

If you want a sportier car, you might consider getting a car that starts out a bit sportier and a bit less lux.
Well i dont wanna give up my heated leather seats

I might look into sways and springs.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey, for all you teens out there:

http://www.mnautox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11278

I'd get on it quick if you are interested, things like this sell out fast.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 PM
fu

seems kinda like the ice racing thing me and janick went to, only not on ice?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Man of God.....

Cool

It was Great to see you all!! Last week. Thanks Razzi for the pm asking me to come. I loved the assortment of car's and people. The cook was alright to...

But really men. Thanks for making me feel welcome. Cuz I did. Takata 18 how the new Aspec feel? I like mine. I have almost 60k on it now. It is getting a little softer now. Maybe time for an upgrade? Tein? I wonder......

Gotta run. See ya......
Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
seems kinda like the ice racing thing me and janick went to, only not on ice?
The part that I would like is that they are going to have the wet skidpad going, so you go try something on the dry track, and then go for it in the wet and see the difference. That could be LOTS of fun!

If they would let me, I would sign up.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
What's going on with your intake?
Trying to install the ramair kit to my CAI
Old 04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Spiritman
It was Great to see you all!! Last week. Thanks Razzi for the pm asking me to come. I loved the assortment of car's and people. The cook was alright to...

But really men. Thanks for making me feel welcome. Cuz I did. Takata 18 how the new Aspec feel? I like mine. I have almost 60k on it now. It is getting a little softer now. Maybe time for an upgrade? Tein? I wonder......

Gotta run. See ya......
Thanks for coming. The suspension feels great I hope we see you in other meets
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ts_vaj
http://mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83931

Matt, did you see him take your pic? lol
Hey josh they took a photo of Scoob too.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Man of God.....

Cool

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Thanks for coming. The suspension feels great I hope we see you in other meets

Just so someone can PM me. I don't always see the post's here. You know busy , busy.......
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey glow, I just got my laptop in and I was wondering if you could find out about getting a couple of parts.

It's a HP Mini 1030nr, and I need the bluetooth module and I would like to upgrade the RAM from 1GB, you be any help with that?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
8th Gear

Matt are you gonna do the school?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
fu

i kind of want to but i dont think i will, although that kind of driving is always fun
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
8th Gear

I'd consider doing it on my 17s. I just have a feeling its going to be on the day of my grad party.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras