Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Broke college grad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asujosh1
Like I said, you'll never show up...
haha fail x2
Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Here are some photos.

This one is from this morning in Charleston, WV

This one is from lunch time, Just south of Dayton, OH

This one was taken at the Subaru dealer in Dayton where they updated my ECU

Take a good look, this is the last time you will EVER see it this dirty.

It ended up getting so bad near Indianapolis that I had to stop and clean the side windows because I couldn't see out of them. The rear window was caked with crap. I can't wait to get home and give her a bath...
Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
T-Swzy

omg, dont even think about repainting. that red is so hawt. and besides, for 2000 dollars i can think of better ways to spend it

you know, if it wasnt for my damn rear bumper i'd be at your place every weekend washing my car josh
Old 01-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I just don't get what the dilly-o is with your rear bumper, it looks fine. You're just being a freak about it because you have to look at it every day, no one else even notices it.

Quit being a bitch, put your purse down and man-up. I'll see you at the next meet.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 PM
T-Swzy

I HAVE OCD MAN!!!!

no really i have this mild OCD that makes me do stupid things like re-organize my room every week.

a meet sounds great. i'd like to see everyone after a long break. but it'd have to be later where we can grill and look at our cars.

i'm so stoked about your pick up josh. damn. it's like having a new baby brother or something. you're finally gonna rip apart the AutoX events.

any initial impressions?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Initial impression? Yeah, it's fast as hell. You guys better get used to the smell of my exhaust.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
T-Swzy

lol that seems to fit your style. did you show erin the pics yet?

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna pick up a set of wheels this spring/summer. but the thing about buying wheels is getting lugs to fit. then getting lugs that comes with locks.

if i pick up a set of wheels and the previous owner doesnt know anything about it. any suggestions for me?

the other thing, my car's been shaking and i think it might be wheels sitting wrong. when i looked up hub rings, there are only one size, should i jump on that for about 20 bucks before i start messing with my axles?

Last edited by Razzi; 01-31-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get a pair of locking lugs
Old 01-31-2009, 11:35 AM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
I would get a pair of locking lugs
well yeah lol. but there are the tuner lugs, the beveled/acorn, the round seats and they all have locking nuts. but i just finished reading some FAQs and i think i got the grasp of it

still wonderin about the hub rings tho
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Yeah... you'll have to finish your research and fill me in for when I buy those Axis Hiro's I've been drooling over for a couple years now.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
T-Swzy

lol you expecting a big tax return or something brian?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by Razzi
lol that seems to fit your style. did you show erin the pics yet?

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna pick up a set of wheels this spring/summer. but the thing about buying wheels is getting lugs to fit. then getting lugs that comes with locks.

if i pick up a set of wheels and the previous owner doesnt know anything about it. any suggestions for me?

the other thing, my car's been shaking and i think it might be wheels sitting wrong. when i looked up hub rings, there are only one size, should i jump on that for about 20 bucks before i start messing with my axles?
Its just snow in your wheel wells go get a thorough car wash. Me and matt both had that shaking problem
Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
T-Swzy

nah it aint the snow. it happens during the summer too. been meaning to get it taken care of but there's so many things it could be. imma try the rings first. if that dont work imma order some new lugs. they could be sitting wrong.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Have you ever balanced your wheels? If they are out of balance they will vibrate. You could also have a bent wheel, that would cause a nice little shimmy as you drive. Take them to an NTB or something and have them balanced as a first step, if they are bent, the tire guys will be able to tell when they are being balanced. That's how I found out a set of wheels on my old Civic were bent.

As for lugs, when I bought those wheels over the summer, I just went to the Discount Tire place and got the lugs for $60, 20 lugs, all locking.

As far as the pics, E got them real-time. If I knew everyone's email address I would have sent them out to you guys as well. But I don't, so I didn't.

I just finished cleaning her up, going to give her a polish in the morning, see if I can get her to shine brilliantly. I don't think that the previous owner ever waxed/polished the car, the paint is soooo rough. I should have clayed it while I was washing it tonight, but I was just too tired.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
T-Swzy

yeah when i got new tires i had them balance it on that hunter roadforce super FX 900000 over the limit awesome machine thing.

sometimes the steering wheel vibrates at 40, sometimes it's butter at 70. i cant figure it out.

also, pix of STi plz. and you gonna name her?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I'm gonna be in the garage tomorrow polishing her up, prolly be down there at 8:30 or so, feel free to come by. I am betting that you have at least one bent wheel, or you threw a wheel weight or something.

So far I have been calling her Scooby, but a better name will come with time. I have to spend a little more time on the exterior and the interior to get them clean like the TL was. I am just planning on polishing it with one or two coats tomorrow, then I have a rack of ribs, and a pork loin to cook.

Once I get her polished and in her normal spot (one of my neighbors parked in my spot), I'll try to snap a few more pics and load them up. She really does have to be seen in person though, pictures just don't do her justice.

Also, I need to do something about those tires, they are summer tires that are abysmal in the snow, and I mean really bad. I'm debating buying a set of snow tires to get me through the rest of the winter. Maybe I'll see what's on CL and if I can find a deal or not...
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 AM
T-Swzy

8:30 in the morning? already too late for that lol. just got up.

i have a lot of reading to do. 3 chapter tests monday and i havent read for any

it was vibrating as soon as i left discount tires, there's no way it could be my wheels. the guy said they were perfectly balanced
Old 02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Bent wheels balance fine, but that doesn't change that they are bent. Get them looked at.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Broke college grad

Pick out a meet day and I'll be there
Old 02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Well, I had her all cleaned up and ready to take pictures, but then E wanted to go to the mall and pick up a new bikini for our trip to Hawaii later this week. Needless to say, she didn't make it back unscathed, so I have to clean her up again before I can snap some more pictures.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Looks sick.

As for meets. I'd be down. Pick a time and place. My car will look different this spring. Very excited!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM
fu

Josh the car looks sick, can't wait to see it.
I'm down for a meet whenever, but my car is sooo unbelievably dirty right now, I can't wait til its warm enough to wash it
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

our trip to Hawaii later this week
Hawaii huh? Sounds like we both had the same idea....

08-Feb San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

09-Feb Cruising Cruising

10-Feb Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

11-Feb Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

12-Feb Cruising Cruising

13-Feb Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

14-Feb Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

15-Feb San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM
Old 02-02-2009, 10:12 PM
8th Gear

Damn a cruise sounds nice right about now...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 AM
T-Swzy

damn must be nice to be ballin and out of school lol
Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by Razzi
damn must be nice to be ballin and out of school lol
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Just wait until you get out. Then you'll long for the carefree days of college and partying until 4 AM on a weeknight while you are going to bed at 9PM on a Thursday night because you have a 6AM meeting. Or better yet, you are up all damn night working on a presentation for a 7AM meeting, only to find when you walk in that the meeting has been cancelled, but you didn't get the memo.

All I'm saying is, the grass is always greener on the other side...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 PM
8th Gear

+1. There are pros and cons to both school and work haha
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just wait until you get out. Then you'll long for the carefree days of college and partying until 4 AM on a weeknight while you are going to bed at 9PM on a Thursday night because you have a 6AM meeting. Or better yet, you are up all damn night working on a presentation for a 7AM meeting, only to find when you walk in that the meeting has been cancelled, but you didn't get the memo.

All I'm saying is, the grass is always greener on the other side...
+1 I'm glad I'm not the only one whose life is like that. Have to go to bed between 9 and 10PM because you gotta get 8 hours of sleep otherwise you might fall asleep at your desk. And the reason you get up at 5am is to avoid being in rush hour traffic, which on a snow day is even worse. Or working all weekend on a report that shows all of the details and all anyone cares to hear about is the totals and not how you came to those totals so you could have just made the whole report up and nobody would have check to see if it is right.

I still miss the three months off in summer.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I was talking to a co-worker of mine recently and recounting a story of me in my early years of the corporate life when I was working for Anheuser-Busch. I remember saying to my manager that I wanted to go to more meetings so that I wouldn't have to do as much work. What I have since found out is that the workload actually increases as you go up the ladder, and you have less time in which to get it done.

For example, this week I have had a grand total of 3 hours so far outside of meetings, and that is including time for lunch. Tomorrow is to be no better, starting with my first meeting at 7AM and not breaking until 5 when my last meeting ends. Yeah, and I am also trying to assimilate the work that one of my team members that got moved to another team this week used to do. So, I now have 2 jobs and no time in which to do either one. It's just not a good time to be at work and I am venting a bit...

Some of the people that are left are wondering which side of the layoffs they really wanted to be on, those on vacation looking for jobs, or those trying to figure out how to get everything done with 1/2 the people.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I'm beginning to think that you took pictures of your rental car, and had to give it back. It's non-existant anymore. Must be chilling with the new car Luke got - I haven't seen that one either.

Just giving you shit though - gotta get that thing clean so we can see it. The front end on that thing looks hot. Not a big fan of hatchbacks, but i'd take that one.

Anyone see the superbowl commercial for the new Genesis Coupe? That thing looks pretty sweet.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Wait, was I just called out? Seriously, did that just happen?

Actually, Matt is over here right now washing his S2K, and Scooby is up next. He also brought his camera to snap some pics while the car is clean. You'll have your pics up tonight, and with Minnesota tags no less!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

with Minnesota tags no less!
Gotta rep the snowbelt state
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Also - I've found my new crack. It's called Facebook.

Kind of sort of on the subject... went to go buy the blackberry storm, and Verizon wouldn't budge on my contract date. I'm technically not eligable for an upgrade for another 3 hours. I figured they'd let me slide. Nope. So I get my new phone tomorrow.

Anyone else looking at cell phones lately? Being with Verizon I was pretty much limited to the Samsung Omnia, the crackberry, or the HTC touchpro

I think the Storm is a good all around phone. Other phones have more features (Omnia has a 5MP camera, wi-fi, fm tuner) - but I think the functionality, and the screen are what matters. Plus, I've dealt with windows mobile before and I'm not a huge fan.

I'd rather have the iPhone, but I don't want to switch companies because I get a 20% discount on the plans. Plus, AT&T has crap for coverage. Granted, it's very strong signal when you have it (basements, buildings, etc) - but the coverage area is lacking. Who needs built in Wi-Fi (unless you don't have any signal )

Damn.... what an odd little rant this turned out to be. Add me to facebook Brian Williams
Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
fu

over 500 pages of results for brian williams, and all i saw so far are from MN, which one is you?!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Also - I've found my new crack. It's called Facebook.

Kind of sort of on the subject... went to go buy the blackberry storm, and Verizon wouldn't budge on my contract date. I'm technically not eligable for an upgrade for another 3 hours. I figured they'd let me slide. Nope. So I get my new phone tomorrow.

Anyone else looking at cell phones lately? Being with Verizon I was pretty much limited to the Samsung Omnia, the crackberry, or the HTC touchpro

I think the Storm is a good all around phone. Other phones have more features (Omnia has a 5MP camera, wi-fi, fm tuner) - but I think the functionality, and the screen are what matters. Plus, I've dealt with windows mobile before and I'm not a huge fan.

I'd rather have the iPhone, but I don't want to switch companies because I get a 20% discount on the plans. Plus, AT&T has crap for coverage. Granted, it's very strong signal when you have it (basements, buildings, etc) - but the coverage area is lacking. Who needs built in Wi-Fi (unless you don't have any signal )

Damn.... what an odd little rant this turned out to be. Add me to facebook Brian Williams
haha add me on facebook dude search kyle janowiec.

And phones yeah I just broke my blackberry pearl about 5 mins ago so I'm looking too. I'm probably just gonna get the new blackberry not the touch one but the bold I think its called. I have verizon too. I got pissed off and hucked my phone against the wall because my friend just deleted everything on my phone contacts emails I had to reset up everything so I got fed up and chucked it
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
T-Swzy

i've been with T-Mobile all my life. got a plan 2 years back. went to renew plan and asked how much discount i could get if i signed up for another 2 years. they said 20 bucks. i said i've been with you guys for 3 years and the best you can do is 20 bucks off a phone? the new guy walking in over there gets 200 off. needless to say, i still have my 2 and half year old phone

i'll add you on facebook, that thing was addicting for 2 weeks, but i barely get on now. i have no idea which brian williams you are. so add me, ken darocklobstah hoang
Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
T-Swzy

Josh I think you need a facebook too so you can throw an album of the scooby on there for easy viewing
Old 02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Facebook = EPIC FAIL. Not going to sign up.

As for the scoob, here are some pics:

Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Punctuation Nazi

better photo...

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras