Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant believe u actually come thru here lol in haveNOT. naw there are a few more now that i got one i started noticeing them. cl's and so on as well. i talk ot one guy all teh time with a 2000 TL-P wit ha kit and all, another one of my boys i have known for awhile picked up a 02 TL-S bout the same time i got my 00. but in va once a month at least so
Old 10-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I come through there to check out my cousin every once and awhile. Last time I came, I rode with my brother and WISHED like hell that I had driven.

On another note:

How is everybody going to deal with the water restrictions recently imposed on this area?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

lol i got ya. well i hope we can do a meet around thanksgiving time. im gonna be up tehre arund teh 21st thru the 25th. let me kno wat yall think. im gonan suggest by the lynhaven mall
Old 10-20-2007, 03:13 PM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Snowman, Doc's TL, stupidfast, MaliciousRC, I am gonna try to make it to the Skyline Meet (Might have to work)
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by babyacura22
Snowman, Doc's TL, stupidfast, MaliciousRC, I am gonna try to make it to the Skyline Meet (Might have to work)
Not sure yet if I am going to the Skyline Drive or the DC area Mega Meet. I am definitely going to the VA Fall Classic Car Show here in Newport News on Saturday, October 27, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. I would also like to have breakfast somewhere with all the Acurazine TLer's here in Hampton Roads before hand but I am not sure who all is coming, if anyone at this point. I have only been posting this for the last 2 months, but am not getting any feedback from anyone. Let me know and I will set up an easy place to find. Guys, this car show benefits the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters. Let's support it. Only 20 bucks to enter, maybe more if you wait until the day of the show. It is the day before the Mega Meet.

http://www.vafallclassic.org/
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Instructor

As of today, i will not be able to make it on Saturday, Sunday is questionable.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

im a no for for sat or sunday but i will be up tehre 21st thru the 25th. at about getting togetehr that weekend as well?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 AM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

I cound prob to breakfast, my cousin is coming back from IRAQ today, so I won't beable to do the show thing!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:29 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Guys the car show at Newport News park was postponed till Sunday, October 28th, same time, same place. I will repost with a spot to meet for breakfast. I did not see much interest so I did not scope out the best place to eat at. I will post today if you all are still interested.

I do realize that since it is the same day as the DC Area Mega Meet, there probably will not be any interest, but just in case, the info will be here.

Last edited by Doc's TL-S; 10-26-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

id love ot go but i have to work all weekend. id love ot to do breakfast at least when im up tehre lol
Old 10-27-2007, 01:45 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by AcuraJ32A
id love ot go but i have to work all weekend. id love ot to do breakfast at least when im up tehre lol
Ok, my plan is meet at the Cracker Barrel here in Newport News (easy to find, right off the interstate, 1st Jefferson Ave. exit coming from Va Beach, then turn right at the gas station and turn right again behind it, Cracker Barrel is then on the left) at about 8:00 am. Anyone also entering the show, we can ride from there to the show together. Show starts at 9:00 am, ends at 4:00 on Sunday, October 28th.

Anyone coming to the breakfast, please send me a PM or call me if you have my number. Yes, I will give you my number if you want it. Ask for it in the PM. If noone calls me or PM's me, then the breakfast is off, so I need to know if you are coming.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:26 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Noone sent me a PM, so I did not go to the Cracker Barrel.

I had a great time at the car show today, saw a lot of NICE cars, trucks and motorcycles, to include a Ford F900 pick up and a Boss Hoss V8 powered motorcycle with 548 horsepower, no lyin'! Anyway, hope you all had fun at the Mega Meet. If you did not go there, then you should have come out to the show. Very nice day for it and it was for a very good cause.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

srry i didnt come up to va doc. money and work was just in the way. i will be up for tahnksgiving course iahve said taht abotu a 100 times lol anwyay we shopudl all get togetehr along with a bunch more of us for liek breakfast or lunch at cheeseburger in paradice or something
Old 10-31-2007, 01:24 PM
BLUE SMOKE

srry i didnt come up to va doc. money and work was just in the way. i will be up for tahnksgiving course iahve said taht abotu a 100 times lol anwyay we shopudl all get togetehr along with a bunch more of us for liek breakfast or lunch at cheeseburger in paradice or something
Cheeseburger in Paradise sounds like a good location. Easy to find from the interstate. Not sure what I am doing though for Thanksgiving. I may go out of town but will keep you posted. If I don't go then, yeah, cool idea. I just wish that everyone on here would check this thread more often.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

anyone still wanting to get together after thanksgiving? for lunch or something?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

doc we hsould definatly promote this thread more or just creat a new one lol
Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 PM
BLUE SMOKE

doc we hsould definatly promote this thread more or just creat a new one lol
I don't want to abandon this thread. MaliciousRC (Lee) is a good guy (he started this thread). For some reason they just don't get on here as much as us. Besides, they probably would not look at a new thread anymore than this one anyway. We will just have to bump it or send PM's out to announce something. I have met just about all the guys on this thread, and are all pretty good about answering PM's. I don't want to blow up their message boxes but an occasional one wont make them upset, and some of them sent me their numbers just like you did. I may send them a PM real soon about your wanting to meet around Thanksgiving. As long as they dont have plans, they will want to come out too.

BTW, I got a kill last night. Raced a S2000 from a red light. He could not have had any mods to the engine. Just pulled out easy from the light, got a little ahead of him, started going a little harder then heard him get on it. I stood on it and slowly pulled away. Got up to 65 then backed off. Always wondered what I could do against one, I know they are lighter but less horses. Now I know.

I also killed a 350Z about 2 weeks ago. Same scenario, pulled out from the light a little slow but gradually picked it up. When he realized I might want to race, he got on it, then I did. He was about at my rear door and stayed there the whole way. Maybe not a kill but some respect from him none the less.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:43 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Does anyone know how heavy a 350Z or an S2000 is? Just curious. I could look it up but no time rightnow.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice kills Dave...I got your message. I've been swamped with school and work. I've been pushing to finish up so I can graduate by August next year. I've been taking at least 18 credits a semster, 12 is an average course load. As for Thanksgiving weekend, I'll be flying up to CT to visit some family and will be flying back the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Depending on when you guys decide to meet up, I may be able to make it out.
I do check this thread at least once a week, but I normally don't have to much time to reply.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

The S2000 weighs about 2800 lbs and the 350Z weighs about 3300 lbs. Both less than our vehicles. The S2000 has less hp but the 350Z has a little more.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by snowman81
The S2000 weighs about 2800 lbs and the 350Z weighs about 3300 lbs. Both less than our vehicles. The S2000 has less hp but the 350Z has a little more.
I wasn't trying to come across as harsh above talking about others not checking the thread. I forgot that some will look at it without posting. You forget that when noone else posts.

Thanks for the info on the S2000 and the 350. With that power to weight ratio, the S should have blown by me. As you know, all I did to mine is the Comptech CAI. I do remember the S2000 being a little slow at the bottom end when it first came out according to the car mags, but I still think that I should not have pulled away. And I don't think it is because I was already in front by a little bit. I think he was even with my front tire when he got on it and was either at my rear tire or maybe a full car length when I backed off.

As for the 350, he was between my doors when he got on it and did not pull closer by the time I backed off (coming up on a redlight with other cars sitting there). It was probably an eighth of a mile with him.

And hey, do your school thing, thats cool. Just don't kill yourself.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 AM

HAHA , Thanks DOC, Yeah, I don't get on as much but, I am super biz-e. I work from 8-5pm, go to school 530pm-1030, about to start working from 1am-9am, I have an Infant, wife, dog, my own business on the side, oh yeah, and Acurazine(haha).
SO I am pretty swamped, I read the post I just don't really reply like I should.
I am down to meet up, name the date and time and I can check that out!

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
I don't want to abandon this thread. MaliciousRC (Lee) is a good guy (he started this thread). For some reason they just don't get on here as much as us. Besides, they probably would not look at a new thread anymore than this one anyway. We will just have to bump it or send PM's out to announce something. I have met just about all the guys on this thread, and are all pretty good about answering PM's. I don't want to blow up their message boxes but an occasional one wont make them upset, and some of them sent me their numbers just like you did. I may send them a PM real soon about your wanting to meet around Thanksgiving. As long as they dont have plans, they will want to come out too.

BTW, I got a kill last night. Raced a S2000 from a red light. He could not have had any mods to the engine. Just pulled out easy from the light, got a little ahead of him, started going a little harder then heard him get on it. I stood on it and slowly pulled away. Got up to 65 then backed off. Always wondered what I could do against one, I know they are lighter but less horses. Now I know.

I also killed a 350Z about 2 weeks ago. Same scenario, pulled out from the light a little slow but gradually picked it up. When he realized I might want to race, he got on it, then I did. He was about at my rear door and stayed there the whole way. Maybe not a kill but some respect from him none the less.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM

Does anyone know how heavy a 350Z or an S2000 is? Just curious. I could look it up but no time rightnow.
S2000 Curb Weight:, 2835 lb
350Z approximate 3200-pound curb weight
Old 11-05-2007, 07:11 AM

oops, you already told him, haha
Old 11-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Peach Tea

I'm still alive, and down for a meet whenever. I couldn't make it to the Skyline drive because I was in Texas.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I wasn't trying to come across as harsh above talking about others not checking the thread. I forgot that some will look at it without posting. You forget that when noone else posts.

Thanks for the info on the S2000 and the 350. With that power to weight ratio, the S should have blown by me. As you know, all I did to mine is the Comptech CAI. I do remember the S2000 being a little slow at the bottom end when it first came out according to the car mags, but I still think that I should not have pulled away. And I don't think it is because I was already in front by a little bit. I think he was even with my front tire when he got on it and was either at my rear tire or maybe a full car length when I backed off.

As for the 350, he was between my doors when he got on it and did not pull closer by the time I backed off (coming up on a redlight with other cars sitting there). It was probably an eighth of a mile with him.

And hey, do your school thing, thats cool. Just don't kill yourself.
You weren't harsh, but I should be posting a lot more. I wish I were able to get out a bit more, but it just seems like I'm doing something all the time. I'll make it out one of these days, I swear. Ans espeically after I am done with school, I'll have a lot more free time. A little less than a year, and I'll be done.

I've always thought that S2000s were pretty fast, but I've never raced one or driven one, so I'm not sure where I got that assumption from. They just look like a fast car. I raced a G35 coupe (don't remember if I had my pulleys on or not) and he pulled about a 1/2 car length on me, then we stayed even up to about 105, then we both backed off. I think the 350Z is slower than the G. It's always fun to play a little bit anyway.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
BLUE SMOKE

You weren't harsh, but I should be posting a lot more. I wish I were able to get out a bit more, but it just seems like I'm doing something all the time. I'll make it out one of these days, I swear. Ans espeically after I am done with school, I'll have a lot more free time. A little less than a year, and I'll be done.

I've always thought that S2000s were pretty fast, but I've never raced one or driven one, so I'm not sure where I got that assumption from. They just look like a fast car. I raced a G35 coupe (don't remember if I had my pulleys on or not) and he pulled about a 1/2 car length on me, then we stayed even up to about 105, then we both backed off. I think the 350Z is slower than the G. It's always fun to play a little bit anyway.
You are right, it is fun! But I really do need to watch myself. I can't afford to have my license taken away. I already have one offense for not yielding to a traffic signal. I think my driving record states -4 points. It is just so hard to resist.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
BLUE SMOKE

You are right, it is fun! But I really do need to watch myself. I can't afford to have my license taken away. I already have one offense for not yielding to a traffic signal. I think my driving record states -4 points. It is just so hard to resist.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

well hell ya guys. i have been wanting to me meet more of u guys seeing how lonely things are here in havenot lol. i was hopin if everyone isnt to busy we coudl do it sat. nov 24th. that after thanksgiving. anytime is fine for me jst let me kno what is ok with all of u guys. i will pm everyone if that is cool with yall? nice kills by teh way doc. i killed a 420A eclipse, 95 civic coupe, and IS300. that IS was fun lol. i will have more details later. and i also did a small mod and i have teh rims and my tires come in wedensday so i will post pics asap. later

Last edited by AcuraJ32A; 11-05-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
BLUE SMOKE

well hell ya guys. i have been wanting to me meet more of u guys seeing how lonely things are here in havenot lol. i was hopin if everyone isnt to busy we coudl do it sat. nov 24th. that after thanksgiving. anytime is fine for me jst let me kno what is ok with all of u guys. i will pm everyone if that is cool with yall? nice kills by teh way doc. i killed a 420A eclipse, 95 civic coupe, and IS300. that IS was fun lol. i will have more details later. and i also did a small mod and i have teh rims and my tires come in wedensday so i will post pics asap. later
I think I am cool for meeting up that Saturday if we meet for lunch. I will probably be working so I have to do it early. I wanted to go out of town that weekend but I don't think I will be able to. Good job on the kills, BTW. I love pulling beside some of these ricers. They want to play at first until I get on it. Had a civic the other day ridin' behind me. He tried to get on it after I did, but I just walked away. Did not take him long to back off.

How about a list for that weekend? I will start it and add you as well:

1. Doc's TL-S
2. AcuraJ32A

I will figure out a location as soon as I know I will be here for sure.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Peach Tea

1. Doc's TL-S
2. AcuraJ32A
3. BadazzTL
4. BadazzTL-S (most likely)
Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I wouldn't mind coming...but I'll feel stupid if it's all 2G's and no 3G's haha

But Ill stay updated with things going on at that time
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
I wouldn't mind coming...but I'll feel stupid if it's all 2G's and no 3G's haha

But Ill stay updated with things going on at that time
My bro (badazzTL-S) has a 3rd gen TL-S. I'm like 99.98% sure he will be there. I'm sure there will be other 3rd gens as well
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I've been noticing a lot of modded TLs around lately but I've always been driving so I can stop them to see if they are members or if they want to be.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Instructor

It all depends on timing for me. I have to drive to Smithfield, NC to drop my kids off and turn around to come back. So, I MAY be able to make it.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 AM

I think I am cool for meeting up that Saturday if we meet for lunch. I will probably be working so I have to do it early. I wanted to go out of town that weekend but I don't think I will be able to. Good job on the kills, BTW. I love pulling beside some of these ricers. They want to play at first until I get on it. Had a civic the other day ridin' behind me. He tried to get on it after I did, but I just walked away. Did not take him long to back off.

How about a list for that weekend? I will start it and add you as well:

1. Doc's TL-S
2. AcuraJ32A

I will figure out a location as soon as I know I will be here for sure.
Sounds Good!
5. MaliciousRC.com
Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

well now this is deffinalty awesome , i didnt think anyone would be that intrested lol. now i got my new wheels on i will go take pics a in min and post tehm later today. the more the merrier lol
Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
FizzyStatus!

Lets keep this organized haha

1. Doc's TL-S 2G TL
2. AcuraJ32A 2G TL
3. BadazzTL 2G TL
4. BadazzTL-S (most likely) 3G TL
5. MaliciousRC.com 3G TL
6. Ballinfizzle (most likely) 3G TL

badazztl..haha thatd be cool but i woulldnt mind being with some sexy 2nd gens....btw your car is badass in ur avatar

Last edited by ballinfizzle89; 11-08-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
FizzyStatus!

Oh andddd any picture takers planning on coming? That'd be cool
Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Lets keep this organized haha

1. Doc's TL-S 2G TL
2. AcuraJ32A 2G TL
3. BadazzTL 2G TL
4. BadazzTL-S (most likely) 3G TL
5. MaliciousRC.com 3G TL
6. Ballinfizzle (most likely) 3G TL

badazztl..haha thatd be cool but i woulldnt mind being with some sexy 2nd gens....btw your car is badass in ur avatar
Thanks man, hope to see you there!

So has anyone thought of a location?

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)